The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joony said:
ksanders, I got it on eBay, a seller had a few new spare racks for $300. Unfortunately, it was barebones, no side panels or front door, just the back door.
It's always good to cover your backdoor ;)

Scheizekopf said:
Any new stuff for Christmas??

Got a Fujitsu Lifebook N6010 17" Laptop for Christmas, and bought an Extreme Networks Summit 48 and a Cisco Catalyst 3512XL for the network.

forgot the obligatory macro shots in the prevous post I made, so here they go!

networkmacro1.jpg

networkmacro2.jpg

Here are some recent network upgrades:

3 Sun Netra X1s, 500Mhz, 1GB RAM each (Intranet / 2 DNS Servers):
01.jpg

Top view of the servers:
02.jpg

Replacement for the 3Com CoreBuilder: Cisco 7120-SMI3 + PA-2FE-FX:
03.jpg

Our OC-3 link to the internet:
04.jpg

Cisco 2610 Dial-In Router, Cisco VG200 VoIP, Cisco 3620, Cisco 3640, Cisco PIX525:
05.jpg

Night shot of the switches:
06.jpg

Switching: Extreme Summit48, Cisco Catalyst 3550-24, Cisco Catalyst 3512XL:
07.jpg

What's with you guys and quoting the freaking pictures?

Just quote the comment and get rid of the links to the pictures... it wastes time and space... And just makes things harder to read.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PlusLabs: Everytime you post pictures I stare at them for like 5 minutes.

Post more whenever you get some time. Thanks.

Scheizekopf said:
PlusLabs: Everytime you post pictures I stare at them for like 5 minutes.

Post more whenever you get some time. Thanks.

It's better than looking at Linksys & Netgear routers.

Macro shots of bright LED's on network equipment always make wonderful backgrounds :)

Or just Macro shots in general :)

PlusLabs said:
What do you wana see?
You want the truth? . . . Every picture you have. . . haha

Well just picutres of all the equipment, racks, wide shots (everything)?

Whatever you want and havent posted yet.

Thanks

PlusLabs said:
What do you wana see?

You might be able to answer my question... no one else seems to have a clue what i'm asking about, but you might have delt with this before.... here is a link... here

On another note.... if you work there (I didnt read, i just stared at your pictures lol) what does one do to prepare to work in a place like that? I mean what would ones main focus for learning be geared toward? I am a computer science major and i dont foresee being tought what i need to know to do that type of work. Now, i'm in a wheelchair so i dont mean the actual wireing and what not, but the maintaining of that stuff, that kind of shit gives me a hard on like no chick ever could lol. Anyway, right now i host a few servers at ISP's and what not that I used to work for (those cheap poweredge servers) and i do all my own stuff, dns, web, mail... basically everything one who needs a website would need. I dont do routers, but i did pick up a cisco 2500 and i have a crap load of pdf files from newsgroups about cisco certs and what not (it suggested getting a 2500)

Thanks in advance.

cybertron said:
You might be able to answer my question... no one else seems to have a clue what i'm asking about, but you might have delt with this before.... here is a link... here

On another note.... if you work there (I didnt read, i just stared at your pictures lol) what does one do to prepare to work in a place like that? I mean what would ones main focus for learning be geared toward? I am a computer science major and i dont foresee being tought what i need to know to do that type of work. Now, i'm in a wheelchair so i dont mean the actual wireing and what not, but the maintaining of that stuff, that kind of shit gives me a hard on like no chick ever could lol. Anyway, right now i host a few servers at ISP's and what not that I used to work for (those cheap poweredge servers) and i do all my own stuff, dns, web, mail... basically everything one who needs a website would need. I dont do routers, but i did pick up a cisco 2500 and i have a crap load of pdf files from newsgroups about cisco certs and what not (it suggested getting a 2500)

Thanks in advance.

Well, since I own most of what I post, it's hard to say how I got a job there... hehe...

I took networking school for two years while in High School, I am CCNP, A+, NET+ certified.

I'm not sure where all this networking stuff is going, because I used to think it was really cool, but now you can find me in an Organic Chemistry class at Stony Brook University doing my 4 year Pre-Med courses... I want to go to the medical school at Cornell after graduation. :D

But, start with some courses, books are cool, but hands on in a lab is alot better than a trigger happy finger on eBay buying 10 year old Cisco routers. Labs are not that expensive IMHO and feature anything from a 2501 to a GSR 12012.

Being a NOC Monkey is no fun neither... unless you're into that.

Working at a DC is like driving a car... it seems amazing before you are able to do it, cool when you first start to, and a hassle after you do it every day... get where I'm going?

But, when you're having a bad day, going to an empty DC and listening to fans can be uplifting.

I would suggest you start of with atleast a Cisco 2610 with some later IOS, and you can get pretty cheap NM-4T modules for it and link it up to your 2500 and practice some WAN
routing and what not.

Hey PlusLabs,

Could you repost some of the other pics you had up that arent working anymore?

And some new pics please please??

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Hey PlusLabs,

Could you please repost the stuff you posted back on December 3rd and December 23rd please.

It would be much appreciated. Thank You!!

Scheizekopf said:
Hey PlusLabs,

Could you please repost the stuff you posted back on December 3rd and December 23rd please.

It would be much appreciated. Thank You!!

It's the same crap... I deleted those files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back