Not open for further replies.
I know, I know

SUN Microsystems OWN it.
biggrin.gif

Wheres my money?

pug said:
All that hardware for a crappy site?

It's much more than a site actually...

The is a huge database behind it all, so those Sun's are for data bases.

They have the Hitachi storage units as well for backup.

Remember, they use Akamai for distributed mirroring.

PlusLabs said:
It's much more than a site actually...

The is a huge database behind it all, so those Sun's are for data bases.

They have the Hitachi storage units as well for backup.

Remember, they use Akamai for distributed mirroring.

I dont know much about Hitachi and data centers, but if a rep @ 1and1 or some other web host told me my site was on a hitachi drive array, i'd suck all my data down in a hot red second. Sorry i'm a bit bitter from the whole IBM deathstar issue, and while i'd like to think hitachi is doing a better job, i just dont get that warm and fuzzy inside.

cybertron said:
I dont know much about Hitachi and data centers, but if a rep @ 1and1 or some other web host told me my site was on a hitachi drive array, i'd suck all my data down in a hot red second. Sorry i'm a bit bitter from the whole IBM deathstar issue, and while i'd like to think hitachi is doing a better job, i just dont get that warm and fuzzy inside.

you're just askin for it....

I know this is kind of off-topic, but I'm not sure if I've mentioned, I'm building a new house at the moment, and it's always a problem to find some one to wire up residential with fiber, but Verizon has reached out and they are willing to do it, or have done it already.

As you see above, they just got the outer frame up, and Verizon promised a 3 month rollout period for the conduit and the fiber. But, I was just there tonight to check it out, looks like the conduit is already in place and has fiber running through it.

I <3 Verizon. :D

Hurmmm maybe Ill switch over my cable to DSL for 10Mb/2Mb for $50/month.

Cable cost around here like $65

Why?? I mean cause you said it's $12k a month. That money could be going to so much more usefull things.

Unless you make like $500k - $1mil a year??

Scheizekopf said:
Why?? I mean cause you said it's $12k a month. That money could be going to so much more usefull things.

read earlier in the thread, it's for a buisness, and it's justifiable IMO

Scheizekopf said:

Funny how you are quick to ask for pictures but not too quick to read what people actually write.

Verizon FIOS - FTTP is available in some parts of texas and new york i believe. I heard they were laying cable somewhere near tampa also, they keep having news stories about contractors breaking septic lines and stuff, lol.

As far as i know the FIOS service is much more then internet, it can also house 10,000 phone numbers and like 300 sat channels all on a fiber pair. Verizon has a contact with Dish Networks for the channels. They have like 16 sat dishes right by the data center.

I want to post a design picture along with my photos what software do you guys use and can neone tell me what soft ware "simguy" is using here link

oakfan52 said:
Nybbles and I meet up for a nice little Cisco lab.

cisco_lan.JPG

Nice setup, how much did the equipment cost?
Based on your sig I suspect you might just use something other then windows to configure that hardware. Do you use Minicom (like for *nix). I have never been able to figure out how the heck to get it to work for that type of thing.

We just used telnet and a couple console cables. It was 2x2514's and 2x2501's. a 501 pix. As for the rest of my rack 3com SSII 3300 switch, 1250AVR, and 3 servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back