The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current setup (though it changes several times a week it seems)

lhnetwork.jpg

What a mess... just a temporary setup, since I'm moving out to my own place in about two months...

IMG_0233(Medium).JPG

IMG_0234(Medium).JPG

I still have a bunch of other stuff that I didn't connect... and about 10 PC's that are slightly older that are just sitting collecting dust.

lol il post a pic of my 'box of ram' theres about 300 random sticks in there.

Nice switches :D what model are the bottom two?

The main one is a Netgear GS724T
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122138&Tpk=gs724t
Despite the mediocre reviews at the Egg, I've been very happy with it.

The latter is a Netgear FS750 that I picked up on eBay. But, only half the ports work :(

The router is a netgear FVS124G with dual WAN (I have both Comcast and Verizon providing connections for redundancy)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122080&Tpk=fvs124g

IMG_0233(Large).JPG

desk2.png

Update on my network.
Bottom left is my IP-COP router, and bottom right is a borrowed game server.
To shelf is my file/ftp server.
Not pictured:
IBM x330 (Keyboard controller got cooked, currently trying to console into the bios)
Cisco Cat 2900 XL of which I am currently replacing the fans on (FORE switch is substituting for now)
Exact clone of game server out on double loan.

desk2.png

Update on my network.
Bottom left is my IP-COP router, and bottom right is a borrowed game server.
To shelf is my file/ftp server.
Not pictured:
IBM x330 (Keyboard controller got cooked, currently trying to console into the bios)
Cisco Cat 2900 XL of which I am currently replacing the fans on (FORE switch is substituting for now)
Exact clone of game server out on double loan.

nice file/ftp server

Haha, thanks. I swapped the ftp over to my old desktop case when I upgraded. Looks better than beige. Right now its only a 1.3 ghz p3 on a tyan tomcat board. Soon to be upgraded to a 3.0ghz p4 once my board comes back to me, and ill cycle the tomcat down to router duty.

Also, i think those were demo models, iunno since i didnt buy them.
But yeah, its annoying as hell. They are paper stickers too, so you cant peel them off. The guy im setting them up for is going to buy new cases/psu's before we put them in active duty.

man if i had a camera i would make you all happy.

picked up a few more clients with of course crazy fuckups from previous techs. the best is this office 24 port switch maxed out, the wires have no slack so its so tight, no patch panel, messed up server and sonicwall mostly squared away.

then id get some more pictures of my office, have about 20 Dell Dimension/Optiplex boxes under hte desk, storage closet stuffed with new Dell Vostro, new Dell Latitudes. A file cabinent with a bunch of laptops some brand new some broken just waiting on people to tell us what to do. Then i can get some pictures of the workbenches and all the draws, boxes of parts and shit.

but fuck it i gotta work not take pictures =)

man if i had a camera i would make you all happy.

picked up a few more clients with of course crazy fuckups from previous techs. the best is this office 24 port switch maxed out, the wires have no slack so its so tight, no patch panel, messed up server and sonicwall mostly squared away.

then id get some more pictures of my office, have about 20 Dell Dimension/Optiplex boxes under hte desk, storage closet stuffed with new Dell Vostro, new Dell Latitudes. A file cabinent with a bunch of laptops some brand new some broken just waiting on people to tell us what to do. Then i can get some pictures of the workbenches and all the draws, boxes of parts and shit.

but fuck it i gotta work not take pictures =)
man, get a camera ASAP!

^ thats not a network, thats a desktop machine =p
your computer is cleaner then the desk.
It has an Intel "Xeon", it's a server... :)

;)

what server has a XFK video card or for that matter any addon video card lol

yes I have ;)

... :rolleyes:

where's your contribution? :rolleyes:

my mistake on my contribution, i had posted my pics to the workstation thread

regardless, you do nothing in here besides post 3 word posts, you own like 1 in 4 posts in this thread, and almost all of them start with the word "nice"

it looks like you are just using this as a way to boost your post count

I can understand wanting fast transfers but isn't a 3.0 P4 overkill?

Itl do more than just serve up FTP. Ill be using it as my media back end for one, itl be serving http and as an rdp gateway, and I want to run some voice servers on it.

I've been meaning to post pics of my network but been trying to add to it as its not where I want it to be. I still need to add 2 gig switches, and a gig router then I will feel better.

Currently I have a 15mb/15mb FIOS drop that goes to a linksys router with tomato firmware. I have a cat5e cable that goes from the router to upstairs into a cisco 2924 switch. My main desktop, my lappy, and my roomies 2 PC's are connected to this switch.

There's not much "in" the rack at the moment, but I'm getting it filled with some of my hardware. There is 2 2501's with max ram/rom, and a single 2525 with max rom/ram. The crappy cisco gear is for my CCNA which I'm studying for. There is also a shitty Intel hub that I'm not really using, its just mounted for a placement holder for now...

My poweredge 2300 serves as a file server. It has 3x15k 80gb RPM drives, and 3x10k 70GB drives. The box on the right is one of my linux box's that I do various things on. :) Just set up a cacti server on it the other day.

I purchased the 42u rack with only 1 side panel for $50, but its still functional. I've already tracked down the maker of the rack, and next thing I will do is get the other side panel. For now, cardboard posters are in place of a side panel so my cat does not crawl inside :D The rack was pretty bar, but starting to add more things to it. I just added the shelf last night for the monitor. *Note, yes this is in my living room. :D

Pics:
42U Closed door:
42u03pf0.png

42u04xt1.png

Upper Half:
42u01ty6.png

42u02zx3.png

Nice rack man, so many people have the poweredge 2300/2400 :D even tho it is a legendary server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back