Jon855 said:
:D :D :D That's good

Let's have a cold american beer

One step ahead of you:

beer.jpg

:D

My lastest additions...
horde01.jpg

While I am running about 6 machines all over town (mainly the workstations I support for friends and family that have agreed to the cause). I got these three systems to setup for my church but we won't be installing them until late January so in the mean time, they're working for ME! will admit that they barely put out any heat or noise running 24-7 for the cause! I'm not sure I will miss them though since I lost a desk to their operation...

Sweet, my first pic posted in the DC forum :D

Rigz.JPG

Box on the left is my main machine(left one in sig) and one on the right is my folding-only machine that resulted from a Fry's Combo deal and the urge to tinker with some intel overclocking :p

Both running 24/7.

Yes I know my crap is dusty. Got a big air purifier on the way, then will do a good room cleaning. :p

Here are my 4 AMD SMP folders. (pic was before I got a KVM and turned them around) no optical or FDD drives. ~3700PPD

[BRO]Alaskan;1030620343 said:
Here are my 4 AMD SMP folders. (pic was before I got a KVM and turned them around) no optical or FDD drives. ~3700PPD

Don't you keep them that way to heat the room?? :)

Movers are coming in a week and a half so I have to break all of my stuff down, but here's the home farm as it stands:

DSC00956.jpg

Here's my "workbench" currently has thin client, bad axe2/E6600 combo and 2.53 GHz P4 system hooked up to the KVM.

The KVM also is hooked up to this:

DSC00959.jpg

An HP ML370 with Dual 2.8 Xeons with a SCSI attached MSA20 holding 3 TB of drives.

Next up, the office:

DSC00966.jpg

Wifes system, running MCE with MSI K8N Diamond Plus and 3800+ X2 sitting on my grandfathers old desk that I need to refinish one of these days and that leads to my workhorse:

DSC00967.jpg

Precision 690 with dual 5160s

Hopefully it will only be down for two weeks during the move.

Here are a few pictures of my current folding farm. I used to be very active during the Genome@Home days, but faded when that project ended. After I built my new primary PC a couple months ago, I got the folding bug again big-time and for the past 3 months have been adding to the farm.

Here is a picture of my primary machine, an E6700 at 3.4 GHz with a X1950XTX. It's running XP along with the SMP client via VMWare. I also run the GPU client when not crunching the 1760 point WUs.

Also in this picture is my 2 GHz Pentium-M work laptop running the normal Windows client.

main_web.jpg

Next is my wife's machine (my old machine...). It's a 3 GHz P4 which I recently added an AGP X1950Pro for exclusive GPU folding.

vic_web.jpg

Here is my 3 1/2 year old daughter's PC. It's a Sempron 3400 running the Windows client.

kitty_web.jpg

In the basement, I have a few dedicated machines. This is an E6400 running the SMP client in native Linux (SUSE 10.2) along with my old personal laptop 2.4 GHz P4 running the Windows client.

laptop_web.jpg

Next comes my experiments in building the best PPD per $$. Before I discovered the SMP client, I built a dedicated GPU folding machine. The PC in the middle is running a Pentium D 2.66 GHz along with a PCIe X1950Pro. The one on the left is an E6400 running the SMP client and the one on the right is a E4300 also running Linux and the SMP client.

SMP_web.jpg

I'm laughing at the borged kids machine, does the "kitty" do some good cancer research?

I'm laughing at the borged kids machine, does the "kitty" do some good cancer research?

Yeah, kitty is overclocked to 2.4 GHz and does some nice folding (~130 PPD) along with Dora the Explorer gaming :)

That little bugger may get my 1950XTX if I ever feel the need to upgrade my primary machine to an R600 based card.

bump! Need to see some more folding farms! I currently have 2 folding right now. but will add two more once I get a bigger ethernet switch

Will post pics and relavant specs soon.

Also could this be made a sticky?

ok here are my pics

Parents PC - 2.8Ghz Intel Celeron 4, 512MB PC2100 DDR
folding003.jpg

My PC - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ S939, 2GB PC3200 DDR
folding001.jpg

Thermaltake Case on far rgiht is the only on folding right now in this pic
3GHz Intel "Northwood" Pentium 4 HT, 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM

Antec Case in teh middle does not have a CPU or RAM, but will soon be ordered
ordering a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ S939 and 512MB PC3200 DDR

Dell Case on left needs a XP reinstall
800MHz Intel Pentim IIII Coppermine, 384MB PC100 SDRAM
folding002.jpg

powerkiller, why not get a 3800+ X2? You'd get alot more PPD running the SMP client instead of a single console client. I'd get the X2 if you've already got the mobo, if not, grab a core2 at the end of april, you'll be glad you did. Sorry if this got OT.

Imitation suggested:
I'd get the X2 if you've already got the mobo, if not, grab a core2 at the end of april, you'll be glad you did.

Are the CD2s expected to go down in price at the end of April? I'm accumulating parts for a new system, and I'm willing to wait to get a great deal...

Fold on!

powerkiller, why not get a 3800+ X2? You'd get alot more PPD running the SMP client instead of a single console client. I'd get the X2 if you've already got the mobo, if not, grab a core2 at the end of april, you'll be glad you did. Sorry if this got OT.

I am thinking about that. The only major issue I have are funds. I do have a mobo, its a Jetway 939AGP, I gotta check to see if it supports the X2 also.

I also have a question concerning th SMP Client, on my 3GHz P4 w/ hyperthreading, Will it be better running te smp client on there instead of 2 separate clients running? I have 2 clients on it now.

prime.png

My main rig, an opty 165 at 2.65GHz , 2gig DDR. Runs the SMP client under 32-bit Vista. I guess it is time to fix the rubber band on the optical door.

sodium.png

My firewall and fileserver, an Athlon XP at 1.6GHz, 2.5gig DDR, running gentoo and the standard client. It has cables hanging out of it because I was playing around with compact flash RAID.

e4300.png

This is what will become my new fileserver once I get around to buying a few more items, an E4300 at 2.75GHz (for now :D needs a new HSF) with 2gig DDR2. Right now it is "burning in" by running the SMP client under XP. Surprisingly, frame times are only a couple minutes shorter than the opty.

mini.png

My mac mini, running the OSX SMP client, it is a 1.8GHz Core Duo with 1gig DDR2. I'm thinking of putting a C2D chip in it after the price cuts hit.

beaver.png

My MythTV HTPC, an Athlon 64 3000+ at 2.0GHz with 2gig ram, running the standard client under 32-bit gentoo. I really need to spend some time working on increasing the overclock on this one. I just booted it at 2.0 the first time and kept it there.

xeons.png

Two Dell Precision 450 workstations sporting dual 2.8GHz P4 Xeons and 2 gigs of DDR each. These are my work machines, one is my development PC and runs XP, the other is an internal mailserver and runs gentoo. Both run 2 copies of the standard client with HT off. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

timea.png

My mechanical engineer buddy's CAD workstation with E6300 at 2.8GHz with 4 gigs DDR2. Runs the SMP client under XP.

Update:
prec650.png

Scored another borged machine this morning after talking with one of the project managers about his wife's colon cancer survival. He was happy to help out, especially since his PC is another of the dual 2.8GHz Xeon systems and he uses it for word processing and email. :rolleyes: It is running two copies of the standard client. My cellphone sure does suck at these under-the-desk photos.

p.s. Yes, I have permission to borg the boxes at work.

The box on the left is my Opty 165 server with 1gb of ram. The box on the right is my Opty 175 workstation with 2gb of ram. I also have a Dell e1505 latop with a Core Duo T2500 and 2gb of ram that is not pictured. I need to take new pics, the flash shows a lot of dust and fingerprints.

okay I have ordered te parts for te Antec case in my previouse posts. I was going to get the X2 but I am kinda low on $$$ so I got what i could afford. Here is what i ordered from NEwegg

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ S939 w/ FREE AMD 512MB Flash Drive
512MB Wintec PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Apevia 120mm Case Fan
Cooler Master Fan and Heatsink
6 pack of 80mm Cooler Master Fans
Price + Shipping - $114.47

finally finished spring cleaning on the farm and thought it was time to update the pics. it's been a while since i last posted them here and lots of things have changed:D

*AMD rack from left to right* 1.) Eta Red: 2ghz XP 2.) Iota Fruity 2.3ghz XP 3.) Kappa Green 2.3ghz XP 4.) Lambda Purple 2.3ghz XP

*Intel rack from left to right* 1.) Delta Red 3.2ghz northy 2.) Epsilon Blue 3.4ghz EE 3.) Phi White 3ghz northy 4.) Gamma Purple 3ghz northy

*ulgy antec and lian li boxen on the side from top to bottom* 1.) Nu Blue 2.2ghz XP 2.) Mu Blue 3.6ghz preshot

DSC00666.jpg

My main rig: 1.) Beta Monolith X2 @ 3ghz

DSC00675.jpg

Server: 1.) Alpha Metal 3.6ghz northy

DSC00677.jpg

just random pics of the farm:

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

my entire farm is made up of abit mobo's with the exception of my main rig and Phi White. they have asus mobo's. this is a pic of the coffins....they contain dead mobos :eek:

DSC00647.jpg

my simple network

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

UPS love :D

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

i forgot to take pics of another 2.3ghz XP named Omicron Blue and my Pentium D 3.4ghz work pc named Pi Black. If you haven't noticed, the colors in the names represent the color of the led fan or lack there of. ex: metal for metal fans or black for normal fans or fruity for multi-color fans :D

if my math is correct, i have 46ghz folding for the [H]orde (amd:19.4 intel:26.6) :D 14 pc's total.

Nice Death, I have been waiting to see your setup!! Yeah, Death lives in Texas so in about 2-4 more weeks once it get's hot, his bill will really skyrocket. Even without 12 computers running, the bill sky rockets in summer months:eek:

Nice Death, I have been waiting to see your setup!! Yeah, Death lives in Texas so in about 2-4 more weeks once it get's hot, his bill will really skyrocket. Even without 12 computers running, the bill sky rockets in summer months:eek:

it takes a small fourtune in the summer time just to stay alive. :mad:

if my math is correct, i have 46ghz folding (amd:19.4 intel:26.6) :D 14 pc's total.

Wow, how much you getting paid for your efforts? ^_^ j/k

Seriously though, how much it cost to build them? I have a funny feeling you could have had a killer audio rig that would give much more pleasure...........................

Wow, how much you getting paid for your efforts? ^_^ j/k

Seriously though, how much it cost to build them? I have a funny feeling you could have had a killer audio rig that would give much more pleasure...........................

what if folding gives me pleasure...........:confused: ..........ok stop using the word "pleasure" :p

i don't know how much it was to build them but i have spent a few years building and selling folding boxen.

Trust me I know Death, I am right here with ya ;) Maybe, you could rig up an exhaust to every pc to shoot it outside :)

i thought about it but it would suck the cool air from the room too if the AC is on that is.

Here are my boxen:
Dual core Athlon 64 @ 2.4 Ghz two instances
IMG_3007.jpg

Sig rig:
One GPU instance and one CPU instance
IMG_3008.jpg

Borg:
Wife's lappy single core
IMG_3006.jpg

Back