The Official Post Pics of your Boxen/ Folding rigs/ Farms

Here's my farm (sorry for the mess, just moved in the condo) :

A view of my HTPC (to the right of the TV) and PS3. My main PC is the silver customWavemaster tower at the right of my desktop :
DSCF0064.jpg

A view of the storage/server room. The box on the top shelf is the Windows Home Server box with Endian Firewall running in VMWare (this explain why there is 3 ethernet cables plugged, 1 from cable modem, 1 to share the internet to the switch and 1 for gigabit connection. WHS doesn't see the first 2 connections for security reasons). The 2 boxens on the counter are folding boxes (1 act as a dvd ripper as well) :
DSCF0065.jpg

Another view showing the networking rack with a FS116 16 ports 10/100 switch, a GS108 8 ports gigabit switch, cable/telephone modem and WG302 wireless access point :
DSCF0066.jpg

Here's a recent picture of my home office:

office.jpg

L-R on desk: Pentium II torrent box, Windows 7 testing box (running XP in picture), and primary desktop. Window Home Server is under desk, and Dell XPS laptop is on top of file cabinet (with red God of War PSP).

Here's my Folding@home box (in spare bedroom) that I posted in a different thread:

gauri01.jpg

Not shown are my HTPC and new i7 box.

Man, you guys have got some awesome folding rigs. No wonder this team is in first place (by quite a bit, too).

Me, I fold for another team and I've just got one dedicated folding rig (I call it my "plant" rather than a farm). Practically, the other two rigs also fold 24/7, but only the one is pretty much dedicated to folding.

If it's OK with the powers that be here I'll post some pics. Since I fold for someone else I'm not sure it is kosher; someone let me know.

PTRMAN, I also fold for other team(s). Go ahead and post some pics.

Great. Some people are kinda sensitive to postings from "the enemy" on their site - glad that isn't the case here.

This is my little folding plant/PC puttering around area (specs in sig). Two main rigs plus wif'es are in family room.

I was inspired to build this little thing by a couple people around the web who built something similar. It is in our one big room in the basement, which has two benefits - 1) the fan noise doesn't bother anyone (when my daughter and her friends play down there they don't even notice it) and 2) it is pretty cool, which helps the cards run cool.

I built this pretty much on the cheap (except for the GPUs), buying everything used/on sale that I could. I've since swapped out the two PSUs for one Corsair - the VGA-only Thermaltake refused to work after a power outage at my house. Afterwards I saw others had written that power outages with this particular PSU had blown through mobos and VGAs, but luckily that didn't happen here.

Currently about 30K PPD w/6 GPU 2s and 1 SMP client. Hoping to add one more 9800GX2 to the rig, but a bit tough getting used/cheap ones.

dsc02627mm0.jpg

dsc02629as3.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of my 24/7 folding garden. I know it ain't much, but every bit counts helping medical science fight some serious diseases by DCing :D

The pics show my external, on the window sill, ghetto WC'ing system for my 2x Q6600's. I call it my "cat box city cooler" :p The pics also show my "nekkid" E6600 and the tunnel I make every morning for my cat named Shelby (hell, she probably knows more about computers than a lot of "self professed computer experts" do :rolleyes:

sxp4ee.jpg
2ccqtsz.jpg
2hfma75.jpg
1266uyh.jpg

DCing for the CURE

Yup!

That's a really old rig I keep around for scavenging. I pulled a couple of leads out of it for wiring up an on/off switch and a reset switch for the folding rig, which is nekked on the top shelf in the first pic.

Check out this "sexy thang" :eek: No clothes (err.., I mean no case :D)
It's a E6600 that also does double duty as my security boxen ;)

DCing for the CURE

Finally got back into folding..Ill get some pics of the machines im running tonight.

It's been a week. What's up with that? :D

Edit: Seven years on this forum? Christ.

I'm relatively new at it, but starting to fold on my machines that stay running. Anybody want a new member on their team?

img7856.jpg

img7860.jpg

we'll always take new people at 33
and I love the woot lights, I was so close to getting a set of those lol

Well I posted this before in the DC-Vault thread but why not in here as well.

Rack01.jpg

Here we have the back of the rack.
Rack02.jpg

The front of the rack going from left to right (C2D in the server case)(P4, empty, P3, P4, P4)
Rack03.jpg

More direct on shot.
Rack04.jpg

Swivel wheels make moving this thing much easier. :)

Built with just 2x4s and plywood. much cheaper than a rack and it fits all my older cases.

I also have a C2D in my room.

Nice setup. I've got to get around to taking pics of my server cabinet. Might do that tomorrow :D

3 x 9800gx2 + 9800gtx, corsair 850W + coolermaster 500W, squeezed inside an Antec 300 :D

2 x 9800gx2 + 9800gtx was running cool enough with the case closed, with the exaust near a window, I'll try soon with 4 cards.

pdr1602r.jpg

Back