***The Official "Post good deals for the [H]orde" thread***

Kingston DataTraveler 100 USB 2.0 Flash Drive, 1GB. $8.98 + .97 shipping @ Wally World.

Linky

These work great for Notfreds backups or booting... I'm using two of them. :D
/me rushes for the CC to buy two more before the crowd snaps them up...

0.png

Why is it I always find these things out too late :( (no comments from the peanut gallery)

On the cereal side I just this minute (not 10 mins ago) had the UPS dude deliver a four pack of these 1 GB Kingston flash drives to use in conjunction with my latest project: "disk less and everything else less folding" :rolleyes:. The only upsetting thing about it is the ones you posted had a "topless" type design and the ones I got don't. Which may sound like an inconsequential thing to some, but to those of us that can't seem to use a flash drive without loosing it's cap rates way up there as a major find. errr..., what a bummer :mad:

Oh yeah, the flash a roos' I got were a $1 cheaper (enough to buy extra caps :D)

That's great :)

Too bad about the improvement fee :( 5000$ is a lot IMHO.

In thinking about it.... look at your bylaws and see if they are allowed to charge that much $$ for "improvements"

In thinking about it.... look at your bylaws and see if they are allowed to charge that much $$ for "improvements"

Well we voted on it and it passed, so I doubt there's much I can do. I guess everyone here has a lot of cash on hand, or people were really worried about the one corner of the building that is slowly sinking into the ground. Me I thought it could wait another year or two.

It's what I deserve for moving into a newish development (converted apartments) with not much in the reserve fund I guess.

Newegg has some decent looking deals. evga 9600gt 512mb for $108.24 shipped after $30 MIR and promo code EMCAHBABA Also evga 8800gs 384mb for $73.24 shipped after $30 MIR and promo code EMCAHBABB. You need to be a subscrivber to their newsletter for the promo codes to work.

For those looking for an upgraded PSU for their boxen due to the use of the GPU client, Directron has the 80+ Antec EarthWatts 650W (EA650) for $59.99. I'm not sure what shipping will be, but this is $10 cheaper then the 'egg (although the 'egg does have free shipping which could offset the price at Directron).

Newegg email circular (you may have to be an email subscriber for the code to work. YMMV).

For all those multi-GPU systems Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V Power Supply with Three 12V Rails regular $129.99, for $59.99 after $70 promo (Free Shipping!). Code: EMCAHBFCH

And to see how nice of a Christmas card your power company is going to be sending you P3 Kill A Watt Electricity Load Meter and Monitor for $13.99 after $4 promo (+$6.99 shipping unfortunately) Code: EMCAHBFAJ

Enjoy and Fold On!

OK. I'm not sure what the dealio is. Now it's showing up. It couldn't find it the first time. :(

Buyer beware, that site looks super shady to me. A quick Google search brings up a thread on a home theater forum, one person did a WHOIS and looked up the domain owner, found them on eBay, and discovered some scary feedback apparently. Other results describe people buying from them, getting broken/defective goods, and having their phone calls and emails go unreturned. If it looks way too good to be true it probably is...

Tempting. Newegg should get the card I rma'd today. I might need to pick up one of these.

Looks like the 8800GS is getting between 4-4.5k ppd. See the below link for a list of cards and ppd. I am not sure where the stock shaders are for this model.
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3193&start=420

Actually, I've got this EVGA card in the link above and I must say it's a bit of a disappointment. Pulls WAYYY more than a corresponding SMP client but nowhere near 4-4.5k.

Stock clocks are 550/800/1375. I'm running @ 610/850/1780 and my highest PPD over various WU for the past 3 days has been 3659. Won't budge over that PPD. Hell, the last 50MHZ on the shaders has barely made any difference. I don't know who posted that 4.5k PPD in that list, but I'd call shens without seeing the screenies. If you look at the rest of the 8800GS stats in that list (awesome list BTW, I downloaded it yesterday) my results are in line with the rest of tha cards in that list. Still a good card but not great.

I think the 96 shaders on the 8800GS versus the 112 on the 8800GT will make that difference up.

Of course as with all things silicone, YMMV....

Actually, I've got this EVGA card in the link above and I must say it's a bit of a disappointment. Pulls WAYYY more than a corresponding SMP client but nowhere near 4-4.5k.

Stock clocks are 550/800/1375. I'm running @ 610/850/1780 and my highest PPD over various WU for the past 3 days has been 3659. Won't budge over that PPD. Hell, the last 50MHZ on the shaders has barely made any difference. I don't know who posted that 4.5k PPD in that list, but I'd call shens without seeing the screenies. If you look at the rest of the 8800GS stats in that list (awesome list BTW, I downloaded it yesterday) my results are in line with the rest of tha cards in that list. Still a good card but not great.

I think the 96 shaders on the 8800GS versus the 112 on the 8800GT will make that difference up.

Of course as with all things silicone, YMMV....

Run it without the SMP for a bit to see if it is CPU cycle starved. If so then its just a matter of setting affinity and priorities.

Run it without the SMP for a bit to see if it is CPU cycle starved. If so then its just a matter of setting affinity and priorities.

I ran it alone for 5 WU's prior to using it in a dual GPU/SMP setup. It just runs this way, and looking @ the Nvidia PPD spreadsheet, almost all the 8800GS cards are running right in the same range. Currently running it as a second card in my dual GPU setup and it's rock solid at 3.6k but I doubt it'll break 4k like my 9600GT does.

I do have affinities for both cards locked on a seperate core, and I've tried different cores to see if locking them to a different core would help but no joy. I'm getting just over 9.7k PPD on this Q6600 so it's not bad but I really WANTED 10k from this box.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good card and worth more PPD wise than a second SMP client like I was running, but stellar it ain't...

Back