The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok seriously, what's happened somewhat recently, this is becoming a daily thing. Something is really messing with it some way...

Is the grinder at Corsair autosort chest getting emptied out?

EDIT: I just checked it, it looks like it is autosorting everything again. Nothing is flowing down to the lava incinerator.

i think we need to disable the thing, noone really uses it that much

only thing i can think of is I have been keeping the map open the past few days, could that cause it?

The only other thing I can figure is we have had alot of tree farms pop up recently.

The only other thing I can figure is we have had alot of tree farms pop up recently.

Yeah I was thinking this as well, don't know if that could be the cause but it's the only thing I can think of that's changed recently.

well easiest way to test this theory...

do not leave your farm running let it run a few times to get a full harvest and pick up lose stuff then stop the cart. I know wood can be used a LOT but I mean if you only run it while your on, that's still stack after stack of logs easy....

well after using the texture pack that Talent uses for 3 days now, and being in a lot, I am going to have to say I don't believe it's a texture pack problem. I haven't had any problems with it, except the minor patch I had to do when I first installed it. That fixed the lava and water on top of pumpkins.
My next suggestion would be video card over heating maybe?

Today is Daniels 11th birthday, and Texasfan came up with the idea to throw him a party at his house, it was very cool!
Here are some screenshots of it.
2011-08-01_043611.png

2011-08-01_043756.png

2011-08-01_044136.png

2011-08-01_043716.png

2011-08-01_043630.png

2011-08-01_044053.png

Daniel wanted me to thank you again Texasfan for the gifts you gave him..

so nobody panics, the Hardcraft 2 map, the Wasteland map, the Skyworld map, and the lobby were deleted. During the backup, and restart something went wrong, after restarting I noticed the back up was from a couple hours prior. Some work will be lost, just want to give a heads up about it.

the strange part about it was I didn't rely on the back ups the server does, I copied the active server folder to my desktop AFTER I stopped the server. Then rebooted. Then copied the same folder back.

Unless MC uses some kind of temp file that holds some of the information...

EDIT:

the log is blanked from 1am to 6am so I assume whatever happened in between those 2 times is gone.

Last edited:
Maybe that will speed the server up a bit, it was lagging bad last night (around 12am EST)

the log is blanked from 1am to 6am so I assume whatever happened in between those 2 times is gone.

Anyway people who plays between 1am to 6am are weirdos...

yes im looking at you DP!

:D

cant wait for 1.8... and to see you back in G1

The thing I dont get is why does this minecraft server have major lag, unless your doing something on your network.

Hey our user names are:

Ravynn75

linlingpo

Thanks for adding us. We should be on this week.

Hey our user names are:

Ravynn75

linlingpo

Thanks for adding us. We should be on this week.

Both user names have been promoted to builder status. Please follow the rules!

Zexx

The thing I dont get is why does this minecraft server have major lag, unless your doing something on your network.

Its the only computer on, when people complain about it. So its gets all the bandwidth.

And it only lags at night because no one in the morning has complained while im actually online...

Try disabling MC Mania for a couple days? Maybe shut off all mods and restore them one by one?

/curious

After running the cart into a nonworking elevator sign a couple of times--the only way out of the cart is to log--the game was lagging so hard I couldn't open chests, and I also couldn't warp to a home without falling through the map. Shutting down MC completely fixed it.

yeah there is a problem with warping, i fall off the world everytime.

On a side note , please do not destroy the world ... i just been to the huge tnted hole not far from the memorial , and even if i like the ''sight'' it creates , i do not want any more .

well by checking logs I've found the source of lag, lots of un needed TNTing...

So, we all now have a choice, and by we I mean you as the players.

If the server lags horribly again and I find it's because of a TNT cluster set off, I'll nerf TNT to the points it's useless to anyone.

so yeah, like I said, your choice.

Which, from looking at the errors and logs, and.. well honestly thinking about it... it all makes sense...

the reason for the illusioned roll back... and the lag but all the resources are fine...

the amount of TNT causes the server to go out of sync... resources and CPU are fine.. but the time is what's wrong... that's why you get stuff not moving or delayed because your time and it's time are not the same. No resources can stop this... only way to probably compute that amount of physics and information going on at one time... Notch could implement... CUDA :-P and process it all that way :-P not likely.

Last edited:
so we could roll back in time and get it all fixed?

seriously , the tnt has gotten out of hand in the server... and im a pro tnt user.

arr4ws and I may use TNT more than anyone on the server.

There is zero need to set off 1000 blocks. Controlled use for mining shouldn't be causing a problem at all. I ask whoever is doing it, please stop before you ruin if for people that use it as a tool.

TNT clusters only? I've been using dyno for a few days and plan on using more--more being around a stack or two over the course of a few days. Placed and fired singly. Maybe up to 10 stacks but that's going to take several weeks before I'm ready to do that.

Some might ask, why take it away completely? not just stop the person doing it?

Why? Because an admin is involved too, if they don't stop something happening to the server that their supposed to admin, then maybe I can get everyone else, that likes TNT to try to talk them out of doing it? And! it's already a proven fact half the people here don't read the forum :-P

and yes I mean CLUSTERS as in several stacks at one time

I think they should hire john carmack to review and optimize the code of minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back