*** The Official [H]ard ARC ***

My MSI wont boot with subzero temp. :confused: Ordered Gigabyte SLI and hope it will sport A3 chipset revision..
I have to choose beetween dual cascade with x850xtpe or single phase with dual 6800U :confused:

VO_Nuclear said:
It won't compete with a SLI setup. There is no structure difference between the X800XT-PE and X850XT-PE, only card clocks. Most of the X850 cards aren't OC'ing as well or as high either. PCI-E offers no advantage, so no performance there either.

Trust me on this one, I have 2 X850s sitting here in front of me...as well as a "good" board to run them.
Hows the results? Don't let 'em sit...make them run for their life :D

centvalny said:
My MSI wont boot with subzero temp. :confused: Ordered Gigabyte SLI and hope it will sport A3 chipset revision..
I have to choose beetween dual cascade with x850xtpe or single phase with dual 6800U :confused:

I dunno bro, in terms of 3dmark03 and 05 you'd still be scoring much higher with a single PS setup and dual 6800U's.....

The reason i'd lean towards the single PS with teh 6800's is because going to a dual cascade depending on your particular FX-55 may or may not give you a HUGE speed boost.....but I dunno, i just know that if you stuck with something even a little better then your current PS for the FX, you'd do quite well with the dual 6800's even on water, and'd be obliterating a lot of scores around here.

I'd get the dual cascade, and keep the X800XT-PE you have now. Pick up a nice custom GPU cooler and have fun with it.

The only benches right now that SLI take advantage of are 2003 and 2005. 2001 and AM3 don't play well right now. I say go for 2001 spots, as they are still revered as being the "top dogs"

VO_Nuclear said:
I'd get the dual cascade, and keep the X800XT-PE you have now. Pick up a nice custom GPU cooler and have fun with it.

The only benches right now that SLI take advantage of are 2003 and 2005. 2001 and AM3 don't play well right now. I say go for 2001 spots, as they are still revered as being the "top dogs"

Aquamark3 does show gains also....not to QUITE the same extent....but I've seen SLI boosting AM3 scores by about 7k with a stock A64 or prescott setup....so it would gain you on a few fronts.

cornelious0_0 said:
Aquamark3 does show gains also....not to QUITE the same extent....but I've seen SLI boosting AM3 scores by about 7k with a stock A64 or prescott setup....so it would gain you on a few fronts.
I will move the system to Gigabyte K8N sli....hope it will give me more Ghz and mem. bandwith than Neo2 :D
Edit: Still havent decided beetween x850xtpe or 6800U :confused:

centvalny said:
I will move the system to Gigabyte K8N sli....hope it will give me more Ghz and mem. bandwith than Neo2 :D
Edit: Still havent decided beetween x850xtpe or 6800U :confused:

I dunno bro, I still think it'd be fun to toy around with the 850 to see what kind of feats you can accomplish with a single card setup.....but then again...the SLI would be darn nice...and even if it only gains you on a few fronts right now...it'd still be fun to try out.

My Neo4 Ultra should be here tomorrow, so the X850XT-PE will be up and running hopefully by tomorrow night. It'll get sent out this weekend for a full vmod treatment, and gpu cooler prep.

Stay Tuned

BTW: It's been a bit dead around here lately, eh?

HeavyH20 said:
OK, how about a stock SLI Ultra clock run. 425/1100 with the AMD 64 3200 @ 2.4 GHz.

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1762062255

Check out the CPU score :(

Thx for our first SLI submission bro....as I've said in a couple other threads, from now on I'm going to be doing nothing around here except updating the three Top10 threads, and staying active in the rate my cables thread. I'm just finding myself with less and less time on the comp lately, and the time i do have is spent doing more then just posting now, so I'm gonna cut it down to about 4 threads to watch....so that I dont have to worry about having 2 dozen threads in my CP each time i check the forums. :(

I'll be redoing the Aquamark3 and 3DMark threads tomorrow after work to include the SLI scores and i may revamp the look of them both...but it'll take more time then I've got right now, so I'll cya later.

Man that score seems a bit weak considering youre single UE and ur CPU @ 2.8Hz spanked that score. Is SLI not made for AM3, or did your CPU not being fully pushes severly limit that bench?

The ASUS board really limited the VCore options. Now, 1.55 is the max. I could not get the CPU much past 2.4 GHz, and the DDR woudl not do 1T past 250 FSB. But, I have the MSI in place now, so i will give that a go.

EDIT: The MSI board helped quite a bit.
6800 U @ 470/1200 - still have to BIOS mod and volt mod card
A64 3200 @ 2.65

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=17284063

That is with less CPU and less video clocks. So, SLI does help. I want to see what these things will do with 500 on the core and 1300 on the memory.

So your CPU is still 200MHz slower than it could be if the boards would cooperate? Seems a bit strange they would release something like SLI (made for benchers/enthusiasts) and it doesn't hold good voltages in things like the CPU (which you know needs a good overclock to keep up with 2 diesel cards like that)....bah.

Ultra Extreme bois should get you much more. I get up to 485/1300 on air.

HeavyH20 said:
The ASUS board really limited the VCore options. Now, 1.55 is the max. I could not get the CPU much past 2.4 GHz, and the DDR woudl not do 1T past 250 FSB. But, I have the MSI in place now, so i will give that a go.

EDIT: The MSI board helped quite a bit.
6800 U @ 470/1200 - still have to BIOS mod and volt mod card
A64 3200 @ 2.65

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=17284063

That is with less CPU and less video clocks. So, SLI does help. I want to see what these things will do with 500 on the core and 1300 on the memory.

So your CPU is still 200MHz slower than it could be if the boards would cooperate? Seems a bit strange they would release something like SLI (made for benchers/enthusiasts) and it doesn't hold good voltages in things like the CPU (which you know needs a good overclock to keep up with 2 diesel cards like that)....bah.

I guess this board is actualy quite a bit better. No droop like the Neo2, so the voltage does not need to be as high. So, it runs 300FSB, 1T, 2.5-4-3-10 on the DDR, 9x multi, for 2.7 GHz. Not bad at all.

Ultra Extreme bois should get you much more. I get up to 485/1300 on air.

I have a UEE AGP card, the BIOS is identical aside from the stock clocks. I modded the BIOS to 1.5V, then did the volt mod on the core, so it went nicely to 515/1320. And, the AGP BIOS will not work on the PCI-E cards.

I have not edited the BIOS on these cards, yet. So, they are still at the stock 1.4V. I will up them in a little once they are broken in a bit.

Here is the latest run, 485/1260, 2.7 GHz.

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=419968532

Yeah, the Neo/Neo2 droop like a bitch...Like, after 1.6v the drooping starts....

1.60v = 1.55v-1.58v
1.65v = 1.60v-1.62v
1.70v = 1.65v
1.75v = 1.70v

At least that's how mine does things....Highest I ran was 1.75 (for the 1.7) for 2.45GHz on this chip...but that seems a bit too much voltage for 50 extra MHz. If I get bored I might crank it back up to 1.75 and see where it starts miscalculating (assuming it doesn't get too warm in there).

ok...got a few bugs worked out I think....

heres a new one for me....no system tweaks yet....just oc'd the winnie and the ram on my 6800 for now

Sorry guys, with the ridiculously small amount that I've actually been using my computer, I've just decided to start parting out the rest of it, in anticipation of rebuilding in an XPC in a couple months. I've got my parents comp to jump on to check emails and whatnot....but I'm not really gonna be around a whole lot to do much around here.

By all means still keep posting scores, but I honestly dont know how much/often I'll be able to keep things updated.

lol, your score made me push my rig a bit further so I could feel comfortable @ 73k to be at least CLOSE when you surpassed me...but you just walked all over me :p

tsuehpsyde said:
lol, your score made me push my rig a bit further so I could feel comfortable @ 73k to be at least CLOSE when you surpassed me...but you just walked all over me :p
lol....I did didn't I....sorry man.....and I still am not done yet...I'm shooting for 80k this weekend....standby to standby....................lmfao

Yeah, in benches where CPU brings up the score (like AM3), lack of dual-channel really slaps me around. I've come to the conclusion that Winchester's 512k cache and dual channel's clocks are about equal to the Clawhammer's 1024k cache and single channel memory clocks clocks, but the winnies can reach OC's the 754 claw's can only dream about. I'm interested to see a comparison of like 10x240MHz on a chawhammer and a winnie, both running same multi/memory latency and see what the difference is....but either way, end of the day the winnie's OC potential, cooler running, and dual channel just makes single channel claw's look silly. The only thing I can stand on is the FX's run Clawhammers, so I can feel some-what of FX-Royalty.....okay, not really, but let me pretend :D

Edit: Be sure to try out the 61.34 drivers for a free 800 or so point boost. That's what I got anyway, and free points are always welcome.

<-----jealous :p

Damn, all that from 1.55v....very nice. I have to pump some serious voltage to pull my clocks off on the claw.

oh, and I am only using a Thermaltake Venus 12 for cooling.....and my 6800 GT is flashed to 1.4v 440/1200.......imma flash it to 1.4v 450/1200 tonight if i have time...and give her another crack at AM3. and notice my ram is only PC3700...that DDR466, and its running 1:1 with my cpu @290....with 3-4-4-8 timings. It will boot into windows at 300x9.5....but it won't run AM3 at all at that clock......could be my ram hitting its limit......Imma try to find some PC4000 TCCD or BH5 and see if I can get this winnie over 2.8....seems I got the pick of the litter with this winnie......w00t w00t
lol

Not using TCCD at the moment? Impressive clocks for non-TCCD if it isn't. I love my TCCD, and recommend getting some if your memory is crapping out....G-Skill gets the highest clocks by far from what I've read, but for $220 shipped, my TCCD does a great job for what I need it to do, which has yet to be anything pas 250MHz :)

Back