*** The Official [H]ard ARC ***

Alex41290 said:
maybe he fixed the busted power thingy lol (APC? I think...)

You mean his 1500VA APC UPS? :p

I dunno, I thought I heard Cent talking about picking up a secondary UPS just to run the Vapo...which is the better way to do it...but i hadn't heard in awhile if that's what had happened. ;)

OMG...UPS...wow, thanks...brain fart

anywho, i think i might be held back on some OCing by the fact that our basement power outlets go like this:

outlet
|
2 surge protectors
|
1 surge protector on each of those :eek:

hehe

well This is quite the stiff competition in here... some sweet scores guys.

Here's my Current Best
This is with
MSI Neo Platinum s754
3400+ Newcastle
2x512 ballistix pc4000
HIS x800pro Vivo (16 pipes enabled)

You've all inspired me to gun for 80k + :p

Tet5uo said:
well This is quite the stiff competition in here... some sweet scores guys.

Here's my Current Best
This is with
MSI Neo Platinum s754
3400+ Newcastle
2x512 ballistix pc4000
HIS x800pro Vivo (16 pipes enabled)

You've all inspired me to gun for 80k + :p

Good stuff, it's nice to know that we're good for something sometimes. :p

Ok guys....got my 3200+ and Neo2 Plat ordered today....should have it by tuesday night with any luck.............w00t w00t

Hmmm, a couple of 6800 Ultra PCI-E's arrive Friday. I wonder what they will do...

TheBoss68 said:
damn heavy....you stole my thunder man.....

Get used to it.....a persons time in the spotlight can only last so long around here....and I'm still wondering when someone is gonna post up a bench to knock me out of top spot for 3DMark03 and 05. :p

HeavyH20 said:
Hmmm, a couple of 6800 Ultra PCI-E's arrive Friday. I wonder what they will do...

The OC gods looked down on me too! Mine will be here next week. Cant wait to compare notes.

cornelious0_0 said:
Get used to it.....a persons time in the spotlight can only last so long around here....and I'm still wondering when someone is gonna post up a bench to knock me out of top spot for 3DMark03 and 05. :p

One never knows, do one?

vapb400 said:
im always suprised nobody w/ an SLI rig has posted their scores in here yet.

As am I.....and it DOES make a difference.....I've seen it boost scores on highend A64 rigs by about 7k or so.......just a matter of time before someone shows up with their shpanky new A8N-SLI or DFI board and a couple Ultra's to "school" us all. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
just a matter of time before someone shows up with their shpanky new A8N-SLI or DFI board and a couple Ultra's to "school" us all. ;)

I hear that....lol

And I acctually will be getting the 3200+, Neo2 PLat, another WD 80gig SATA and a TT Venus 12....anyone use that cooler on a 64 yet......is it worth it?

TheBoss68 said:
damn heavy....you stole my thunder man.....blah.......wish i had 2 ultra's....'pout' :(

I think I may be in first for a couple of days on a couple of the benchmarks until James shows up with his scores. ;)

Can we say 25K in the 3DMark03?

But, in AM3, a 7K boost would be nice. Won't get me too much higher on the list, but every point counts!

I have to mod the VCore on the ASUS board for it to clock decent. The Vcore kind of sucks, otherwise. It will do until I can get my hands on the DFI or possibly the MSI SLI board. The good thing is I will watercool the cards out of the gate. I have two Innovatek blocks waiting and a dremel to allow for that new cap near the PCI-E slot. The power rail cooler bumps in to it. Little bit of soldering and grinding this weekend before I get any results. But, it's all fun!

HeavyH20 said:
I think I may be in first for a couple of days on a couple of the benchmarks until James shows up with his scores. ;)

Can we say 25K in the 3DMark03?

But, in AM3, a 7K boost would be nice. Won't get me too much higher on the list, but every point counts!

I have to mod the VCore on the ASUS board for it to clock decent. The Vcore kind of sucks, otherwise. It will do until I can get my hands on the DFI or possibly the MSI SLI board. The good thing is I will watercool the cards out of the gate. I have two Innovatek blocks waiting and a dremel to allow for that new cap near the PCI-E slot. The power rail cooler bumps in to it. Little bit of soldering and grinding this weekend before I get any results. But, it's all fun!

Good stuff, sounds like you people are finally gonna put me to work and make me start up SLI Top10's for a few of these tests. :)

I guess we can compete in both. I am going to run each bench with a single card and a dual card, just to illustrate any gain/lack of gain. It may shed some light on what the SLI really offers.

A new list, yaay! Another list to slowly drop off. If anything, that list will probably push me in the to VapoChill market. :D

HeavyH20 said:
I guess we can compete in both. I am going to run each bench with a single card and a dual card, just to illustrate any gain/lack of gain. It may shed some light on some light on what the SLI really offers.

A new list, yaay! Another list to slowly drop off. If anything, that list will probably push me in the to VapoChill market. :D

That's actually another benefit to the dual lists that I never thought of......so that peole can run it in single/dual configs to show what they really gain.

Good stuff bro, I await some results. :)

Its gonna be a few weeks for me till the DFI board gets here. Hey, I need an ATI X800xt-pe p/n. can someone read it off their card for me?

James Earl Ray said:
Its gonna be a few weeks for me till the DFI board gets here. Hey, I need an ATI X800xt-pe p/n. can someone read it off their card for me?

Looking for an IC, perhaps?

James Earl Ray said:
Yes I ned an ATI X800xt-pe part number. I need it bad.
And Heavy? You da man!!! :D

I assume you are referring to SLI_KL_CELL ;) Maybe that name is [H] compatible?

James Earl Ray said:
I think I need ATI, thanks.

Heavy I was gonna use SIK_L_SLI :D

K, no prob.....just wanted to check.

I dunno, I kinda like HeavyH20's suggestion......it's more like your old handle and at the same time has less relevance to it....a little more subtle. ;)

I'm preparing to move to x850xtpe with msi nforce4non sli. It will be interesting to compare notes with 2x 6800U :D

James Earl Ray said:
I think you should look at the DFI board over that.
Just cant wait for dfi to appear. I tried asus a8nsli and it sucked, hope neo4ultra will be ok. if not than move to dfi.

centvalny said:
I'm preparing to move to x850xtpe with msi nforce4non sli. It will be interesting to compare notes with 2x 6800U :D

It won't compete with a SLI setup. There is no structure difference between the X800XT-PE and X850XT-PE, only card clocks. Most of the X850 cards aren't OC'ing as well or as high either. PCI-E offers no advantage, so no performance there either.

Trust me on this one, I have 2 X850s sitting here in front of me...as well as a "good" board to run them.

Small update. MSI SLI board should be here middle of next week. I am not sure if I should put forth the effort to install the ASUS SLI. But, it would be nice to see how this thing works, even with the ASUS.

VO_Nuclear said:
It won't compete with a SLI setup. There is no structure difference between the X800XT-PE and X850XT-PE, only card clocks. Most of the X850 cards aren't OC'ing as well or as high either. PCI-E offers no advantage, so no performance there either.

Trust me on this one, I have 2 X850s sitting here in front of me...as well as a "good" board to run them.

Oh how great it must be to have that kind of money to throw around.....I'm out of the race for a good while, just because there's no way I can compete with cash cow systems like that anymore...and the rig itself became rather useless.

Peace out all, the XT-PE is sold.....I'll obviously still be here to moderate the thread and keep things running...but I'll no longer be participating...and probly won't have a score posted up for QUITE some time.

James Earl Ray said:
My two 6800 Ultras will be here on Wed. Woo hoo! :D

I can't wait to see what Mr. ATI does with his two new 6800's. :p

Oh, and congrats on hitting post #1000 in this thread. ;)

Back