The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

I have been having the same problem, since artificing and tailoring use the exact same special items like totems, bloods, etc. I have been buying them off the auction house to be honest, but only when they drop below 50c per.

my LW is over 200 at lvl 45 and i can tell you i bought a shit load of materials off the TP to make it happen.

the lower levels are the hardest though. it does get easier

I don't understand why so many people are selling stuff on the trading post for only 1c above the vendor price?

Do they not know about the listing fee which is >1c and sometimes much more?
And do they not know about the 10% fee after the item is sold? They're losing 15% vs selling to vendors

Low level crafting mats are rare and thus ridiculously priced as such on the Trading Post. I'm over level 320 in Jewelcrafting because the mats are easy to find. I'm barely over 100 in Leatherworking because those mats are a pain in the ass

If anyone wants some free Mithril jewelery, hit me up in game and just provide the jewel you want, I'll take care of the rest. (In-game character name is Corae)

Haven't posted here in a while.

After being stuck at 98% for 4 days due to WvWvW queues, I finally did it last night:

yLoLv.jpg

That's some dedication. What did you get for 100%?

Nothing yet... You're supposed to get 2x level 80 exotics, 2x Legendary "Gifts" (these 2 are only part of the required mats for a legendary item), and a Star next to your name that other people can see.

I didn't get any of that, so I asked around and people are saying you have to go to your Order to receive it. I will try that when I get home.

Nothing yet... You're supposed to get 2x level 80 exotics, 2x Legendary "Gifts" (these 2 are only part of the required mats for a legendary item), and a Star next to your name that other people can see.

I didn't get any of that, so I asked around and people are saying you have to go to your Order to receive it. I will try that when I get home.

Damn man. You must really enjoy this game haha. :)

Damn man. You must really enjoy this game haha. :)

Yes I do. My alt is level 9 now. I also plan on starting a completely new character this weekend with a friend from HS. She and I played GW1 together over 7 years ago now. I still remember her first time in pre-searing ascalon reading every single word of NPC dialogue as I waited patiently...

Yes I do. My alt is level 9 now. I also plan on starting a completely new character this weekend with a friend from HS. She and I played GW1 together over 7 years ago now. I still remember her first time in pre-searing ascalon reading every single word of NPC dialogue as I waited patiently...

I wouldn't mind that at all, hah. I like that people get so engrossed in games, or anything really.

That's funny. My GF has watched me play before out of boredom and gets pissed that I skip all of the dialogue. My excuse is that I don't care and I just want to kill things. She thinks I should go to therapy.

That's funny. My GF has watched me play before out of boredom and gets pissed that I skip all of the dialogue. My excuse is that I don't care and I just want to kill things. She thinks I should go to therapy.

Dialogue is like, half the game. :p

Agreed on therapy. ;)

So anyone know of a way to fix the dialog scenes fov in eyefinity? Game itself is fine but scenes for dialogue cuts off the heads of the people talking. Kinda ruins it for me.

For some reason my warrior can't gain any experience/skill in the Longbow. I was able to for every other weapon...what am i doing wrong

So anyone know of a way to fix the dialog scenes fov in eyefinity? Game itself is fine but scenes for dialogue cuts off the heads of the people talking. Kinda ruins it for me.

I press alt enter for cutscenes if I really want to look at character models (mostly when I meet new characters)... it switches for me almost instantly.

i am thoroughly impressed dude.

I don't understand why so many people are selling stuff on the trading post for only 1c above the vendor price?

Do they not know about the listing fee which is >1c and sometimes much more?
And do they not know about the 10% fee after the item is sold? They're losing 15% vs selling to vendors

I noticed this as well, and I'd guess that you pretty much answered the question: they don't understand that they are losing money by selling items just 1c over the merchant price. Which is irritating, because their ignorance is reducing the value of crafting.

I mean, I get that there is a flood of low level crafting items at the moment, and these items certainly shouldn't make you rich, but it would be nice if people did the math to make it worthwhile to sell most any useful crafted item for at least a small percentage over the vendor price + fees.

Last edited:
I noticed this as well, and I'd guess that you pretty much answered the question: they don't understand that they are losing money by selling items just 1c over the merchant price. Which is irritating, because their ignorance is reducing the value of crafting.

I mean, I get that there is a flood of low level crafting items at the moment, and these items certainly shouldn't make you rich, but it would be nice if people did the math to make it worthwhile to sell most any useful crafted item for at least a small percentage over the vendor price + fees.

Its more or less just easy to sell stuff while you are questing as to free up bag space.

Its more or less just easy to sell stuff while you are questing as to free up bag space.

That makes sense for drops or items that you are replacing as you quest when you are low on bag space. But if you've just finished a crafting session and have a dozen or so new items you just created, with the loss-leader pricing on the Trading House you are left to either sell your items to the merchant or salvage them (the ones you can't use or share with friends).

I'm new to the whole MMO crafting biz, so maybe that's just par for the course (or just a low level issue that works its way out as crafters level up and diversify) and your true reward is the exp you gain and discipline advancement, but the result of selling my crafted items to the merchant feels a little hollow.

I understand that you can't expect to profit on everything you craft, but there doesn't seem to be any sense in selling items you've crafted for a loss on Black Lion.

That makes sense for drops or items that you are replacing as you quest when you are low on bag space. But if you've just finished a crafting session and have a dozen or so new items you just created, with the loss-leader pricing on the Trading House you are left to either sell your items to the merchant or salvage them (the ones you can't use or share with friends).

I'm new to the whole MMO crafting biz, so maybe that's just par for the course (or just a low level issue that works its way out as crafters level up and diversify) and your true reward is the exp you gain and discipline advancement, but the result of selling my crafted items to the merchant feels a little hollow.

I understand that you can't expect to profit on everything you craft, but there doesn't seem to be any sense in selling items you've crafted for a loss on Black Lion.

Its supply and demand mostly. Was this way for years on WoW and then the minute you need Tin Bars there was only one person selling them for 10 gold a piece.

Keep in mind we have to give it a while to let the economy settle down. With the TP down for over a week, there was such a high excess surplus of supply that hit the TP all at once. Granted, the game has been only out 2 weeks, so it should get better over time, especially with new subs.

That doesn't even make sense. Could they not stand up new servers? :eek:

thats generally the first response and that is a bad one. look at SWTOR.. had crazy crazy queues and then they were like fuck lets get new servers.. then people quit and people were like damn theres nobody on my server..

honestly MMOs lose players its only natural some people burn through them in weeks and then move on. opening new servers is probably not the best idea in my opinion

That doesn't even make sense. Could they not stand up new servers? :eek:

Yeah they could....but what happens when the player population dies down after the initial release of the game? Servers would be empty...then they would have to try merging servers...allowing character transfers...etc...

They have handled this launch the best that I have seen to date so far. :)

For some reason my warrior can't gain any experience/skill in the Longbow. I was able to for every other weapon...what am i doing wrong

Whenever you're unlocking skills with a new weapons, its always easiest to just kill very low level stuff, level 2's and 3's are fine. The thing is, you won't unlock skills if you don't get credit for a kill, so if you're fighting higher level stuff and other people are assisting, they may be doing more damage and taking credit for the kill. That's why its easiest to unlock skills with level 2's and 3's since it doesn't take more than 5 minutes or so and you can always do enough damage to get credit for the kill.

I think the instances in the game are beyond broken. Like in CM explore go to find the butler before I even press the charge on my warrior all mobs shoot me, I die instantly. Thought these were supposed to be low level dungeons. I mean I didn't spec vit/toughness but instant death??? Grouping seems pointless as well. Kind of miss the holy trinity thing. But I do love exploring.

Whenever you're unlocking skills with a new weapons, its always easiest to just kill very low level stuff, level 2's and 3's are fine. The thing is, you won't unlock skills if you don't get credit for a kill, so if you're fighting higher level stuff and other people are assisting, they may be doing more damage and taking credit for the kill. That's why its easiest to unlock skills with level 2's and 3's since it doesn't take more than 5 minutes or so and you can always do enough damage to get credit for the kill.

I don't think that's how it works. From what I have seen anyone that tags the mob art all gets credit. Loot works more like d3 than a typical mmo. I know personally I leveled my rifle skill by just tagging mobs during an event.

I think the instances in the game are beyond broken. Like in CM explore go to find the butler before I even press the charge on my warrior all mobs shoot me, I die instantly. Thought these were supposed to be low level dungeons. I mean I didn't spec vit/toughness but instant death??? Grouping seems pointless as well. Kind of miss the holy trinity thing. But I do love exploring.

what level are you?

Keep in mind we have to give it a while to let the economy settle down. With the TP down for over a week, there was such a high excess surplus of supply that hit the TP all at once. Granted, the game has been only out 2 weeks, so it should get better over time, especially with new subs.

There is one key exception to this statement: fine crafting materials. That's why vials of weak blood are (still) going for almost half a silver each. This shit's drop rate is ENTIRELY too low especially considering you need 8 at a time to finish out that level of item crafting.

I don't think that's how it works. From what I have seen anyone that tags the mob art all gets credit. Loot works more like d3 than a typical mmo. I know personally I leveled my rifle skill by just tagging mobs during an event.

I've seen many fights where I got no credit for the kill when others were fighting with me. As for how the skills unlock, I believe its based on kills rather than XP because they seem to unlock just as fast killing level 2's than level 10's. Only I can kill level 2's much quicker. Unless the game is not presenting me with XP data for a kill I took part in with others, like I said, there have been lots of kills which someone else assisted and I saw no XP number above my character when it was over.

I've had the opposite experience; often I'll be walking around and suddenly I've got a gold medal for completing a task that I never took part in ;)

I would either wait to receive your gifts, or wait to open your exotic boxes. Heard many complaints of people receiving level 30 exotics in their bags. Not sure if this is intended or not, but hopefully it isn't, and they proceed to fix it.

I've had the opposite experience; often I'll be walking around and suddenly I've got a gold medal for completing a task that I never took part in ;)

You had to have taken some part, even if it was small. Maybe you acccidentally made a contribution like a kill or something and didn't realize it was task related. Then again, it could be a bug but normally, you have to take at least SOME part to et any credit.

You had to have taken some part, even if it was small. Maybe you acccidentally made a contribution like a kill or something and didn't realize it was task related. Then again, it could be a bug but normally, you have to take at least SOME part to et any credit.

It's up and down. I have been in plenty of events from the very start and ended up with bronze or silver despite being in the mobs face the entire fight, and also received golds plenty of times running into the event in the final few seconds and getting 1-2 whacks in on an enemy before it was dead. REALLY random but it doesn't really bother me.

Back