• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

I'm on Blackgate. It's currently owning in WvWvW. :D

Guess I should enjoy that while it lasts.

Man, I wish they would give us an update on the trading post besides "we're working on it". :(
 
Use a new email and pw for the game. They are probably just data mining GW2 websites and trying the info. Seriously have never had a problem with this.

Yeah, ever since companies started using email as usernames, I make a new email address for each game and don't use it anywhere else. That plus randomly generated passwords has kept me safe so far.

Still, with GW1 you had to enter one of your character names to log in. They should have at least had that in GW2.
 
Three times so far. ArenaNet is like "don't worry about it", but I don't really like the idea that someone is trying repeatedly to reset my password.

I have no idea where they could have gotten my e-mail aside from any of the official GW sites, either. :(


This happened to me yesterday and I don't even own GW2 and did not play GW1. I have no idea where they got my email from.
 
Use a new email and pw for the game. They are probably just data mining GW2 websites and trying the info. Seriously have never had a problem with this.

I think I'm going to change my email/pword altogether later. I think I saw I have to do that off the website somewhere.
 
So people are getting e-mails to reset passwords for accounts they don't even have? This is getting weirder.
 
So people are getting e-mails to reset passwords for accounts they don't even have? This is getting weirder.

Not really, they are fake emails sent to addresses farmed from the internet. I get 3 or 4 WoW related ones every day on my public email that has never been associated with my WoW account.
 
Not really, they are fake emails sent to addresses farmed from the internet. I get 3 or 4 WoW related ones every day on my public email that has never been associated with my WoW account.

I've yet to receive fake GW2 spam yet. Just a legit password reset request which I deleted and ignored. Damn Chinese....they ruin everything.
 
Not really, they are fake emails sent to addresses farmed from the internet. I get 3 or 4 WoW related ones every day on my public email that has never been associated with my WoW account.

That was my guess. Just spammers being spammers.
 
Can someone explain to me about glory and karma vendors, where they are etc?

I have over 4k karma unspent and have been pvping quite a bit the past couple of days and raked up tokens, bade's of honor, mystic forge tokens, etc.

I however am so confused about where to spend all the stuff.

I know karma can be spent on the heart people on various maps, but I've seen people say that it's better to save it up and spend somewhere else.

For pvp , where do I find pvp glory vendors? I have asked in chat and got no response, I have googled nad googled and got nothing. I look over the map in the pvp area's and see no "glory vendor" anywhere on the maps.
 
Not really, they are fake emails sent to addresses farmed from the internet. I get 3 or 4 WoW related ones every day on my public email that has never been associated with my WoW account.
Oh. They're talking about phishing e-mails I guess then, which is different. The e-mails I'm getting definitely aren't fake.
 
Shhh!! Don't give Anet the idea... it's not like they do a damn thing anyway.

They do unless you're hit by a man-in-the-middle account and have poor computer security. It's an additional layer, not an all-in-one wonder solution.
 
Can someone explain to me about glory and karma vendors, where they are etc?

I have over 4k karma unspent and have been pvping quite a bit the past couple of days and raked up tokens, bade's of honor, mystic forge tokens, etc.

I however am so confused about where to spend all the stuff.

I know karma can be spent on the heart people on various maps, but I've seen people say that it's better to save it up and spend somewhere else.

For pvp , where do I find pvp glory vendors? I have asked in chat and got no response, I have googled nad googled and got nothing. I look over the map in the pvp area's and see no "glory vendor" anywhere on the maps.

all the kharma vendors ive found dont give you shit but vegetables... annoying -_-

i found some weapons but theyre tier weapons and they start at lvl 40.. and they dont even cost that much i have like 3k kharma i could get 2 level 40 daggers lol.
 
all the kharma vendors ive found dont give you shit but vegetables... annoying -_-

i found some weapons but theyre tier weapons and they start at lvl 40.. and they dont even cost that much i have like 3k kharma i could get 2 level 40 daggers lol.

I found some really cheap (~50 points) accessory upgrades for my guy, in Caledon Forest.
 
Thanks but I dont have any friends to lookup. If you would like to play send me a PM anyone
 
all the kharma vendors ive found dont give you shit but vegetables... annoying -_-

i found some weapons but theyre tier weapons and they start at lvl 40.. and they dont even cost that much i have like 3k kharma i could get 2 level 40 daggers lol.

All the people with heart quests turn into karma vendors when you complete the quest. They don't have super great stuff, but IMO it's better to buy salvage kits and harvesting tools with karma, than spend money on them. Especially early on when money is harder to come by.
 
All the people with heart quests turn into karma vendors when you complete the quest. They don't have super great stuff, but IMO it's better to buy salvage kits and harvesting tools with karma, than spend money on them. Especially early on when money is harder to come by.

wtb a gw2head.com so i can find some daggorz


btw guys dont salvage your blues man its a waste. the mystic forge is insanely beneficial. i was combining white items and getting blue upgrades.
 
wtb a gw2head.com so i can find some daggorz


btw guys dont salvage your blues man its a waste. the mystic forge is insanely beneficial. i was combining white items and getting blue upgrades.

You ahole, you told me to salvage everything. When were you planning on telling me this!? :mad:
 
I'd also be curious to know if I should be saving my karma. I've already spent like 1.5k or something, but still have 4k... just sitting there.

I think the different guilds (Order of Whispers, Vigil, Priory) have karma vendors? I'm in the process but haven't completed the initiation yet into the Order, so don't know for sure yet.

I've yet to get anything I can even equip from the Mystic Forge. Stupid luck. :(
All the people with heart quests turn into karma vendors when you complete the quest. They don't have super great stuff, but IMO it's better to buy salvage kits and harvesting tools with karma, than spend money on them. Especially early on when money is harder to come by.
I'm overflowing with money, have been since the beginning. Probably helps the trading post is down.
 
Can someone explain to me about glory and karma vendors, where they are etc?

I have over 4k karma unspent and have been pvping quite a bit the past couple of days and raked up tokens, bade's of honor, mystic forge tokens, etc.

I however am so confused about where to spend all the stuff.

I know karma can be spent on the heart people on various maps, but I've seen people say that it's better to save it up and spend somewhere else.

Most of the places to spend karma are on the Renown Hearts. However, at level 40, you get access to racial/cultural weapons and armor which you need karma to buy and will almost certainly be huge upgrades to what you have (they are yellow weapons). I believe the weapons are around 1,000 karma each.
 
How is the hunter class? I assume they have a pet--what does it do? Just more dps? or, can you pick different pets with different benefits?

Also, how much CC is there in this game?
 
How is the hunter class? I assume they have a pet--what does it do? Just more dps? or, can you pick different pets with different benefits?

Also, how much CC is there in this game?

When you create a hunter you can choose between different pets that have different skills and benifits.

I could tell you more but my account seems to still be blocked lol
 
Oh. They're talking about phishing e-mails I guess then, which is different. The e-mails I'm getting definitely aren't fake.

My emails are not phishing either as they are identical to the ones I requested a week ago when the servers were having a fit.

I've had 5 today so far... Yup, gona try the different email thinger...
 
As an ele - do you stick with one attunement or do you switch between them? I am currently investing points into the fire trait line and wondering if I should put some points into other elements as well or go pure fire specialist.
 
As an ele - do you stick with one attunement or do you switch between them? I am currently investing points into the fire trait line and wondering if I should put some points into other elements as well or go pure fire specialist.

When I get a weapon type I like (Staves and Daggers mainly), I try to get all 4 elements' skills, the ones you get when you use the abilities. Then I kind of mix and match between support and damage, so I'm well rounded.
 
I'm pure fire with the rest in air. I use DD and staff in PvE, but all staff in W3. With DD, I mostly stick between fire and lightning. With staff, you should be alternating constantly depending on your cooldowns to lay down combo fields and support. IE -- I will open with lightning field on a mob/mobs to combo with other people and cause vuln. Then switch to fire and lay down AOE, then switch to water and drop an ice spike, healing rain and then a geyser. I will then use arcane wave to combo the geyser and AOE heal. Usually I can switch to earth and drop a couple AOE's there too and then back to lightning and repeat the cycle.

I don't often switch to earth in W3 and I often sacrifice it in PvE.

For more solo play, I use daggers. I open up with a drakes breath, burning speed through the mobs, ring of fire, combo with arcane wave then switch to lightning, ride the lightning, shocking aura, updraft then back to fire.
 
I don't think I've gotten 1g total since I started Saturday. :(

If you've been playing a lot and advancing steadily, you should get a lot of gold just from finishing the personal stories and the heart-shaped tasks on the map. Have you check your in-game mail in the upper left corner? Each time you finish a personal quest, you get a thank you mail that also sends gold as a reward. You have to open the mail and take the gold, it doesn't get deposited into inventory automatically. Maybe you're forgetting to do this because the mail alone should reap a hefty haul of gold.
 
If you've been playing a lot and advancing steadily, you should get a lot of gold just from finishing the personal stories and the heart-shaped tasks on the map. Have you check your in-game mail in the upper left corner? Each time you finish a personal quest, you get a thank you mail that also sends gold as a reward. You have to open the mail and take the gold, it doesn't happen automatically. Maybe you're forgetting to do this because the mail alone should reap a hefty haul of gold.

im level 20 and i havent had one gold either and i collect all the money from quests.

its not unrealistic to have that low amount of funds if you are doing everything the game has to offer. for instance gathering items and salvaging items.. etc
 
I'm pure fire with the rest in air. I use DD and staff in PvE, but all staff in W3. With DD, I mostly stick between fire and lightning. With staff, you should be alternating constantly depending on your cooldowns to lay down combo fields and support. IE -- I will open with lightning field on a mob/mobs to combo with other people and cause vuln. Then switch to fire and lay down AOE, then switch to water and drop an ice spike, healing rain and then a geyser. I will then use arcane wave to combo the geyser and AOE heal. Usually I can switch to earth and drop a couple AOE's there too and then back to lightning and repeat the cycle.

I don't often switch to earth in W3 and I often sacrifice it in PvE.

For more solo play, I use daggers. I open up with a drakes breath, burning speed through the mobs, ring of fire, combo with arcane wave then switch to lightning, ride the lightning, shocking aura, updraft then back to fire.

This is almost exactly how I've been playing my Elementalist and I have really been enjoying it.
 
I'm pure fire with the rest in air. I use DD and staff in PvE, but all staff in W3. With DD, I mostly stick between fire and lightning. With staff, you should be alternating constantly depending on your cooldowns to lay down combo fields and support. IE -- I will open with lightning field on a mob/mobs to combo with other people and cause vuln. Then switch to fire and lay down AOE, then switch to water and drop an ice spike, healing rain and then a geyser. I will then use arcane wave to combo the geyser and AOE heal. Usually I can switch to earth and drop a couple AOE's there too and then back to lightning and repeat the cycle.

I don't often switch to earth in W3 and I often sacrifice it in PvE.

For more solo play, I use daggers. I open up with a drakes breath, burning speed through the mobs, ring of fire, combo with arcane wave then switch to lightning, ride the lightning, shocking aura, updraft then back to fire.

Need to try something like this, I just kind of switch between Elements as I see fit, but never really thought about playing so "smart". You're making me want to now haha.
 
I got creative with my warrior with GS's build. I went straight down arms so far at 21 I believe, and have a skill that gives me 40 precision for every equipped signet that isnt activated.

I have 4 signets equipped.

I have 100% crit chance with my great-sword now. It's the pinnacle of retarded, I slaughter everything.
 
I got creative with my warrior with GS's build. I went straight down arms so far at 21 I believe, and have a skill that gives me 40 precision for every equipped signet that isnt activated.

I have 4 signets equipped.

I have 100% crit chance with my great-sword now. It's the pinnacle of retarded, I slaughter everything.

I'm level 24 and still haven't spent my traits. I like use the sword/axe combo, great sword, and sword/shield. But I also like to use bows/rifles. Any recommendations?

How do you have yours spent??
 
I'm level 24 and still haven't spent my traits. I like use the sword/axe combo, great sword, and sword/shield. But I also like to use bows/rifles. Any recommendations?

How do you have yours spent??

it took me awhile to get over and get my trait book but damn 24?! hhaha


traits are so bad ass... when i use steal i shadowstep, poison, and deal dmg.
 
btw guys dont salvage your blues man its a waste. the mystic forge is insanely beneficial. i was combining white items and getting blue upgrades.

Good to know. I need to find my way to Mystic Forge. I always get lost in the cities though lol. Is there a good guide to the Mystic Forge out there?
 
Back
Top