Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Bans for profanity are stupid when the game has a profanity filter.
/tinfoil![]()
I've placed an order on game (forgive me, it was the cheapest with 2 day delivery). I don't see myself getting the code emailed to me today, so I'll probably try to ring them early tommorow to see if they can get it from the box with my permission before they ship it out. Looking forward to it, though I really hope I get my character names.
Is there an official [H] guild?
Bans for profanity are stupid when the game has a profanity filter.
I wouldn't have random people open up your bought box and read you the code.
Also a lot of us are on Borlis Pass.
game is too care bear, you shouldnt be penalized for words. the whole game, every server, is like disney world. follow the rules and be nice to everyone OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU
So you got all butthurt because someone didn't do something for you, that he didn't have to do, just something you WANTED him to do, to make your life easier... you cursed at him, and got banned?
Would I have rezzed you, yep. Do I expect other people to do the same... nope.
For names, should just make you rename. Kick you to character login and force rename, and add that name to the banned list. Chances are, they are not coded for this.I think that there should have been a 'first warning' system where you are simply asked to rename your character the first time for naming issues. Then again, I lack any sympathy for people who made utterly clutch character names, trying to push the rules as far as possible e.g "Wan Ker" "D I C K" "Durk Terrorist" etc etc. That's just the first few whiners from the guru forums. Also, don't take people's word's for granted tbh. Who's to say their names weren't even worse or they sweared more than they said they did? Time will tell.
For offensive language, I can sympathise a bit more really, 3 day ban for swearing is very excessive to be honest. I hope Anet changes their way of dealing with reports. A warning for the first incident and then a few hours ban for second offence, getting worse of course, should suffice in the future.
/Anet defense force
QFTMFT...sensitive people should set their filter appropriately.Bans for profanity are stupid when the game has a profanity filter.
You can get banned for swearing? What kind of clown penis bullshit game is this?
You can get banned for swearing? What kind of clown penis bullshit game is this?
My thoughts exactly. Fuck my characters name is Mushrumstamp and Mushroomstamp was taken.
I was even talking about vaginas and shit in map chat last night. Oh well I can sit out for 3 days if I am banned tonight. My wife is playing the WoW beta. Maybe I can play that a bit.
game is too care bear, you shouldnt be penalized for words. the whole game, every server, is like disney world. follow the rules and be nice to everyone OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU
You can get banned for swearing? What kind of clown penis bullshit game is this?
My thoughts exactly. Fuck my characters name is Mushrumstamp and Mushroomstamp was taken.
I was even talking about vaginas and shit in map chat last night. Oh well I can sit out for 3 days if I am banned tonight. My wife is playing the WoW beta. Maybe I can play that a bit.
Ok who likes the small scale pvp a ton more than the big battlegrounds? Those 8 vs 8 battlegrounds are addictive! Blowing up 1/2 their team with a cannon in 8 vs 8... Priceless!
yeah but no experience? lame! it was a lot of fun though. the only thing was when we joined a server we didnt know how to stay on the same team.. any ideas? it was fun killing each other though.
i wish the armor they gave you looked cooler too..
is the FXAA effecting performance anyways? in my experience obviously it depends on the game but usuallllly it is much lighter and less cumbersome in comparison to other AA like msaa
interesting though i will try just supersampling and see the results![]()
A good question. I think you're right, turning off FXAA isn't going to compensate completely for the hit you take from supersampling but it's one less thing for your computer to do. At the 2560x1600 settings I'm using, toggling FXAA doesn't make much visual difference - textures are a tiny bit less sparkly/sharp and a little more blurry but it's only visible when standing still and zoomed in. On the other hand, that's largely because of my high resolution - at lower resolutions, the effects of FXAA would be more obvious. I really wish the grass/additional settings was broken out from supersampling. I don't really think rendering at a higher resolution for my 2560x1600 resolution add much but having high grass on otherwise flat ground is nice to have.
You can get banned for swearing? What kind of clown penis bullshit game is this?
based on these bans, fuck Anet. I thought i'd get this, but until they change their shit---i'm not going to give them 60 bucks to get banned.
I play too much LoL, so i fly off the handle easily with stupid players. In an MMO, i find it often necessary to call people out on their retarded behavior.
its people like you that give gamers a bad name
you and everybody else in the dota community
based on these bans, fuck Anet. I thought i'd get this, but until they change their shit---i'm not going to give them 60 bucks to get banned.
I play too much LoL, so i fly off the handle easily with stupid players. In an MMO, i find it often necessary to call people out on their retarded behavior.
Aside from this stupid policy of theirs, how is everyone liking the game?
I played a lot of LoL before gw2 and these "I am so innocent"-posts sound all exactly like the bullshit players wrote on the LoL-forums if they got banned. And then a GM appeared and spit out all the stuff they said and how they behaved in game and you just felt stupid of believing a single one of these oh-so-white-knights.
I've had 2 accounts perma-banned in Guild Wars 1 for profanity. All while talking shit in RA...if enough people report you, you will get banned. Stupid policy but it's not the profanity that gets you banned it's all the faggots that report you for it that get's you banned.
Playing Dota and (Dota clones) for a few years actually has made me much less ragey. You grow a thick skin playing with all the assholes in the community. Plus you learn a lot about how to take 5 people who have never interacted before and forging them into an effective team. Preferably one that doesn't hate each other.
And, much as others have said, 0-warning 3 day bans for names is dumb, even if they are the most offensive thing you can think of (I'll leave that up to your imaginations).
its people like you that give gamers a bad name
you and everybody else in the dota community
You sound like you'd be fun to drink with.![]()
At what point can say, a Human quest with an Asuran? Had a buddy make a Human, and I made an Asuran. Will we meet up soon after the initial starting zone?
LOLz ...this is all while playing hammer knock-lock. You can imagine the frustration and rage tears that ensues when you chase around and knock-lock the other team and how satisfying it feels when you type it out...my last one I remember opening a support ticket and one of the gm's wrote back to me I have no respect for the community so i deserve it and I'll never be allowed back into the game.
But just a warning to all of you, arenanet has always treated the community like sesame street and if someone reports you, they won't hesitate to strike down on you.
If you say so.
I wasn't like that at first, but after a few years playing dota, and watching potentially good games go downhill to momentum caused by some fucktard, well, my patience has worn thin.
It's odd, but it feels like I'm playing Skyrim... but with a hell of a lot more people. I can do my thing on my own, or jump in to help kill veterans... but I'm not required to group up. It's pretty nice. There's certainly a learning curve for those of us that didn't play GW1, but it's not bad.
LOLz ...this is all while playing hammer knock-lock. You can imagine the frustration and rage tears that ensues when you chase around and knock-lock the other team and how satisfying it feels when you type it out...my last one I remember opening a support ticket and one of the gm's wrote back to me I have no respect for the community so i deserve it and I'll never be allowed back into the game.
But just a warning to all of you, arenanet has always treated the community like sesame street and if someone reports you, they won't hesitate to strike down on you.
Dremic said:you can meet up right away.
if you go to the main city which is the first place you go to after the tutorial i am pretty sure look for the portal to lions arch .. lions arch has a portal to every major city and you can meet up that way
EA did the same thing with Bioware, with a different result..