• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Why are you never on when I'm on, and why do you never respond those few times we're on at the same time!? You crack addict.. :p

I haven't played since Saturday morning :( , need to finish Sleeping Dogs first, engrossed in it way too much. Does the 3-Day Early Access continue on all day today, or? Anyone have an ETA on when it ends? I assumed it goes until midnight at least, whereupon you'd need to have the full game bought to continue playing (since it comes out tomorrow).

Hahah I know man, cant seem to meet up with you. I think the headstart runs through tonight at midnight.
 
So, about this black lion chest thing, is it worth the cash shop key to open them?

I think the keys are 125 gem each which means we can only get like 6 keys for $10

No need to spend IRL money on the game. They let you buy gems from in-game gold. Not sure on the official ratio but I had about 7silver on my lowbie and was going to exchange for gems and was getting 40 something gems just from that silver.

So if you are good at making money, you will never need to spend a single dollar on the game.
 
So, about this black lion chest thing, is it worth the cash shop key to open them?

I think the keys are 125 gem each which means we can only get like 6 keys for $10

You'll get a few keys as quests rewards every once in a while. So far I haven't received anything that would make me spend real money on keys to open all the chests I have. Mainly XP boosts (I don't use them) and some drink that I think turns you into a random animal (haven't tried one yet).
 
Hahah I know man, cant seem to meet up with you. I think the headstart runs through tonight at midnight.

Well, at least I'm in the guild! I think I might play tonight until my 3-Day ends (got a code from a site for the 3-Days without having to buy anything), then just get it from Greenman or something after that.
 
Hey, id love to join an [H] guild. I hated the game the first 6-10 hours, but then i created an elementalist, and its not too shabby, starting to like the game now. I guess i just got tired of the retarded pets hahahah

The name of my character:
An Unfortunate Son

name of the account that you can reach me across all characters:
The Shadow Hunter.5196



Hit me up, Borlis Pass!
 
They need to fix the 'inability to join a guild if you are in an overflow' bug, but other than that, I've been having plenty of fun. Girlfriend isn't terribly happy about it but as long as I get some Civ5 time in with her, she's content.

Look for my little Asura Thief, might want in the [H] guild too. Name's Corae and account name is dino.8195
 
Hey, id love to join an [H] guild. I hated the game the first 6-10 hours, but then i created an elementalist, and its not too shabby, starting to like the game now. I guess i just got tired of the retarded pets hahahah

The name of my character:
An Unfortunate Son

name of the account that you can reach me across all characters:
The Shadow Hunter.5196



Hit me up, Borlis Pass!

Your character name makes me want to play BF:BC2 again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
 
I dont get how people are having so many issues with performance. I run mostly high on a q6600/4870 just got back from my brothers who runs damn near max with an older i5 and 6870 and his runs fine.

Seems like it runs better since the BWE. With my rig I am averaging around 40-50ish with around 24-30 in high combat areas.

I run everything at high/shadows on low and FXSAA turned on.
 
I honestly start to wonder if

a) we're playing different games or

b) many people have not ever played a MMO before.

The zones are not THAT awesome, they are pretty standard MMO stuff without surprises. The whole game actually is fairly generic imho. If the hype would not have been there and a different name slapped on to this, it would be generic korean mmo numer 234452 and people would care for less than 3 weeks.

Combat is, at least when it comes to bosses with more than 5 people involved, completely chaotic and due to overloaded special effects totally random. Heck, normal combat is boring as hell with the darn same mechanics as in every effing mmo since the beginning of time. Don't even start telling me it's better because of the evasion rolls or the non tabbing of targets.

Quests are more generic than anything. Destroy 10 of these, so i can make 5 of these. Oh and kill 7 of these while you're at it. Seriously? Helping farmers with some worms? Sounds familiar? GW1? Every other MMO? Or go there, take the bucket and feed my cow. You're shitting me. Not even talking about the class/race storyline. GW1 storyline was great, GW2 is, to be bland, nothing special.

Are we all playing the same game??? Or are most of you just blinded by some kind of GW2 sign in front of your eyes? Or have you never played a MMO before?!?!

LOL, WHAT?? You don't like the game so everyone else that likes the game is wrong. What makes you the decider in what people like or dislike? It's no wonder some posters reacted the way they did. Giving a bad opinion on the game is fine and telling us the reasons you dislike the game is fine too, not everyone likes the same things. But you didn't do that, you basically said anyone who likes this game is an idiot and know nothing about MMO's.

Actually Hornet put it much better (nicer) than I did. Why have you so much trouble with other people liking the game? You have a lot in common with another poster in this thread.

Games are meant to be fun, and that seems to be what most people who play the game are having. There are issues, and everyone has some issues, but most people are enjoying the the game too much too care. Maybe you don't like fun?
 
So, about this black lion chest thing, is it worth the cash shop key to open them?

I think the keys are 125 gem each which means we can only get like 6 keys for $10

I had 8 of them but only one key. The game must have known that, because the next 6 I opened all contained another key to open the next chest until I was left with all the loot but no keys. I don't know if that is on purpose or a weird symptom of the RNG. I guess I am losing out on an item if I keep getting the keys.
 
What are these gems you guys are talking about?

and lol @ the guy freaking out on everyone because they like GW2. If you don't like it, why even post in this thread?

Edit : What are everyones FPS with an i5 2500k and gtx 670 setup? I'm around 50fps with everything maxed. May turn down shadows a bit.
 
Can we stop this childish bullshit. "You like TSW so your opinion is invalid" :rolleyes:

Gw2 was over hyped like every other mmo before it. Good game not near as good as the mmo hype machine made it out to be. There will be criticism of this game get the fuck over it already.

The trouble is that he didn't just criticise the game, he criticised every player who is enjoying the game, i.e. if you are enjoying this game you must be a moron. So I can understand the reaction. And it is kind of funny that the posters with the biggest grudge against GW2 seem to be players who have lifetime subs to TSW ;)

Anyway, getting back to the game. I am enjoying it too. It's stress free, no mad panic to get to the highest level, and because of that it doesn't seem like a big grindfest. The level autoscale is great and I have never played Rift, but the event system is pretty good, but it does get a little chaotic at times.

One reviewer claimed that this was going to be one of the reason that some hardcore MMO players will hate this game, because the group dynamics have changed so much and it will be a challenge for players to change the way they play to make things work.

And to the person who got no keys for chests, lol well I have the opposite problem, i have keys but no chests :D
 
and what are these keys and chests? I'm only lvl 5... will I see some keys and chests later?

Black lion chests. Basically they are locked chests that sometimes drop, and contain stuff you can buy on the black lion exchange. Mostly consumable boosts, temp cosmetic stuff, mini-pets, etc. You can get keys from some quests, mostly personal quests, from black lion chests, or you can purchase them with gems on the RMT. They are a nice little bonus, but I see no compelling reason to buy keys to open them up.
 
What are these gems you guys are talking about?

and lol @ the guy freaking out on everyone because they like GW2. If you don't like it, why even post in this thread?

Edit : What are everyones FPS with an i5 2500k and gtx 670 setup? I'm around 50fps with everything maxed. May turn down shadows a bit.

I'm getting 119 fps with Supersampling off. 59 with Supersampling on. Everything else maxxed out. In the Norn area atm and areas do make a difference in fps.

1920x1080.

What settings are you'll using for 3D? Going to try that next to see how it is in this title.
 
What's the black lion exchange? lol.

Auction house / Cash Shop. You can buy stuff like pets, extra experience for an hour from killing mobs, drop a cow on a person when you kill them in pvp, sunglasses for your character, remodel your gear, dyes, etc for real money or convert your gold into "gems" so you can buy them with in game gold also.
 
Auction house / Cash Shop. You can buy stuff like pets, extra experience for an hour from killing mobs, drop a cow on a person when you kill them in pvp, sunglasses for your character, remodel your gear, dyes, etc for real money or convert your gold into "gems" so you can buy them with in game gold also.

Ahh, now most of it makes sense. Cool, thanks for explaining.
 
I'm getting 119 fps with Supersampling off. 59 with Supersampling on. Everything else maxxed out. In the Norn area atm and areas do make a difference in fps.

1920x1080.

What settings are you'll using for 3D? Going to try that next to see how it is in this title.

FPS in big WvW keep fights with lots of people?
 
I'm getting 119 fps with Supersampling off. 59 with Supersampling on. Everything else maxxed out. In the Norn area atm and areas do make a difference in fps.

1920x1080.

What settings are you'll using for 3D? Going to try that next to see how it is in this title.

I've got everything as high as it can go in-game, and I'm getting 50+ all day, with laptop in sig. I'd figure a 670 desktop could do much more than a "7870" desktop equivalent card.
 
Anyone here play a guardian yet? If so then what weapons are you using?

I am level 26 and have been using 2h greatsword and sword/focus switch just about the whole time. That just seems like an awesome combo and I can't seem to get into any other weapons.
 
Maybe some of you can help me out, not a big mmo player and I don't even know what TSW is so please no flaming.

I played the first two BWE and I just can't get into the game. I'm wondering if its something I was doing wrong. First, it seems like they made all classes a jack of all trades kind of thing. What reasoning can you give in order to team up with people? Rather than just like, hey you want to run together in this area? Basically it seems like there is little to facilitate grouping. I don't think it was like that in GW1. Also, I felt like the combat was really clunky. I played a warrior and it just felt like...well clunky. While the combat "looked" cool it just seemed overcooked and I didn't even know what was going on. Just a ton a fireworks and particle effects.

Also do you guys feel like you're making an impact on the world?
And this isn't really aimed at gameplay just one last gripe that I'm surprised no one else has commented on. But where is the Guild Hall? Guilds wars and there are no guild halls or guild battles?? Am I missing something?
 
Maybe some of you can help me out, not a big mmo player and I don't even know what TSW is so please no flaming.

I played the first two BWE and I just can't get into the game. I'm wondering if its something I was doing wrong. First, it seems like they made all classes a jack of all trades kind of thing. What reasoning can you give in order to team up with people? Rather than just like, hey you want to run together in this area? Basically it seems like there is little to facilitate grouping. I don't think it was like that in GW1. Also, I felt like the combat was really clunky. I played a warrior and it just felt like...well clunky. While the combat "looked" cool it just seemed overcooked and I didn't even know what was going on. Just a ton a fireworks and particle effects.

Also do you guys feel like you're making an impact on the world?
And this isn't really aimed at gameplay just one last gripe that I'm surprised no one else has commented on. But where is the Guild Hall? Guilds wars and there are no guild halls or guild battles?? Am I missing something?

While all the classes can do most things. Some classes can do things better then others. Also, you can setup some really cool combos with other classes skills. While I will agree when there are like 20 people fighting something it gets pretty chaotic I have noticed now after playing for a while that I understand what is going on. I can actually tell when other people are using certain skills and I'm able to use that to my advantage. I know if I see a circle of fire on the ground I can do my leap attack and get a fire shield around my guy (for example).

The "guild halls" are in WvW. When you capture a point you can actually claim it for your guild. It will show your emblem on the walls and you will get alerts if it is attacked. I think you have to level your guild to be able to do it though. I'm not sure.
 
First, it seems like they made all classes a jack of all trades kind of thing. What reasoning can you give in order to team up with people? Rather than just like, hey you want to run together in this area? Basically it seems like there is little to facilitate grouping. I don't think it was like that in GW1.
Playing cooperatively doesn't mean you have to group. Out in the world, everyone is playing as a "group". Everything facilitates cooperation rather than competition in PvE. Grouping I feel is largely for WvWvW, Dungeons, or just keeping track of each other in general. Yes everyone is kind of "jack of all trades", but be careful with this assumption. There's no way you can look at me with a straight face and tell me my Ranger can support my party like a Guardian can. And no, GW1 was not like this simply because it's almost mandatory to group in GW1 (filling out empty spots with NPC's).


Also, I felt like the combat was really clunky. I played a warrior and it just felt like...well clunky. While the combat "looked" cool it just seemed overcooked and I didn't even know what was going on. Just a ton a fireworks and particle effects.
There are too many people right now. I feel they should have done something like pre-searing Ascalon where the player can experience things by themselves to get a feel for their character instead of being thrown into an overpopulated starting area. It will iron itself out with time, but for the launch it's really confusing.

Also do you guys feel like you're making an impact on the world?
Despite the heady claims about the player molding the world through dynamic events, I have yet to experience anything truly world changing. Yes you can make different things happen based on different outcomes, but that's kind of shallow since the world itself never really changes.

And this isn't really aimed at gameplay just one last gripe that I'm surprised no one else has commented on. But where is the Guild Hall? Guilds wars and there are no guild halls or guild battles?? Am I missing something?
I believe "Guild Halls" are now Guild-Owned Keeps in WvWvW? I don't know all the details since I never really read into it. I also think Anet might have mentioned Guild Halls in the future. Don't quote me though. This is just vague recollection.
 
I have did almost all of my personal quest in the starting zone (up to like the 7th one or so) and have got 0 keys for a reward.

Ended up looting two more chest and now have 8 black lion chest, 0 keys. :(.
 
I've got everything as high as it can go in-game, and I'm getting 50+ all day, with laptop in sig. I'd figure a 670 desktop could do much more than a "7870" desktop equivalent card.

idk man. something is pretty inconsistent with the performance to be honest. im sitting at GPU usage sometimes as low as 45% and up to 70% ish and i am losing frames becuse of it. i cant even turn on SS with the performance like this. which really doesnt make any sense as my 670 is a beast.



in terms of looks the game is fantastic to look at. i see people complaining about the chaotic nature of the game and i understand that, the only thing i could complain about there is seeing who the hell im targeting and the loot on the bodies should probably be a little bit more visible. otherwise i like the large scale chaotic combat events. we were stopping a minotaur charge yesterday there was like 20 of us it was epic.



probably the best thing about this game is level scaling. it is brilliantly thought out. I met up with a bunch of friends all of us different levels. one being level 20. I hadnt played all weekend so I was level 3. We went to the norn because nobody had been there yet and just did the starting area. all of us together.. it was a blast. and it was really cool to be able to play with others even though there was such a significant level difference. another thing that makes that feature cool is I am way ahead in levels for my main quest.. now when i go back it wont be super easy because of my level it'll still be a challenge.



so far its pretty dope. I'll reserve judgement for a couple months down the road though as this game is significantly large and there are plenty of things i dont know or understand yet. . still exciting :)


oh btw people your main city has a portal to lions arch and lions arch has a portal to every major city, I had a buddy walk from the sylvari starting area to the charr.. hahaha took him an hour.. i found the portal in 10 minutes rofl
 
I have 2 unopened chests and probably around 5 that I've opened with keys that I've found. Granted I'm 40... so if you got 8 chests by 14, you either got a lot or I'm getting very little.

I've got 11 by level 35...

So, about this black lion chest thing, is it worth the cash shop key to open them?

I think the keys are 125 gem each which means we can only get like 6 keys for $10
You can get keys from quests. One guildie has gotten 4 keys already, though I only have gotten 1.


Maybe some of you can help me out, not a big mmo player and I don't even know what TSW is so please no flaming.

I played the first two BWE and I just can't get into the game. I'm wondering if its something I was doing wrong. First, it seems like they made all classes a jack of all trades kind of thing. What reasoning can you give in order to team up with people? Rather than just like, hey you want to run together in this area? Basically it seems like there is little to facilitate grouping. I don't think it was like that in GW1. Also, I felt like the combat was really clunky. I played a warrior and it just felt like...well clunky. While the combat "looked" cool it just seemed overcooked and I didn't even know what was going on. Just a ton a fireworks and particle effects.

Also do you guys feel like you're making an impact on the world?
And this isn't really aimed at gameplay just one last gripe that I'm surprised no one else has commented on. But where is the Guild Hall? Guilds wars and there are no guild halls or guild battles?? Am I missing something?

TSW is The Secret World. A pretty fun MMO set in modern times. It's got a couple of compelling twists on MMOs and we'll see other games do the same.

About your GW2 concerns, maybe they game isn't for you. Everyone has different tastes. But to answer some of your questions, ANet did away with the trinity class structure of MMOs, though some classes do better than others at traditional roles. As for skill sets and combat clunkiness, I kind of felt the same in the beta weekends, though as I played more, I started to understood the differences. Button mashing in PVE will get the job done. Button mashing in PVP will get you killed against players that have learned what attacks work best, when to dodge, etc...IE there is skill needed in PVP, it's not button mashing or as gear dependent like other MMOs.

Impact on world, minimal, other games do a much better job of making you feel you are impacting the world.
 
I have did almost all of my personal quest in the starting zone (up to like the 7th one or so) and have got 0 keys for a reward.

Ended up looting two more chest and now have 8 black lion chest, 0 keys. :(.

I've got 1 key from personal story. I think the quest was around level 16. My friend got a key from the daily achievement. last time i checked it was about 40 silver for 100 gems so you could always buy gems then buy keys but honestly the stuff inside them isn't all that great. I got a 50% exp for an hour buff and like 10 potions that turn me into a chicken.
 
So yea... Anyone else gotten banned yet?

I got banned for 3 days for calling a kid a "little shit" when he didnt rez 3 people that were right next to him. Also had a friend get banned for having "assassin" in his character name. Kinda leaving a sour taste in my mouth honestly. I was enjoying the game and everything, then all of the sudden my screen goes black and I can only see my UI. Log out and my account is suspended. No responses from customer service in the past day and a half. Really thinking about getting my money back but I was enjoying the game.
 
GeForce 306.02 Driver BETA 306.02 August 27, 2012


these are out now :)


check em

So yea... Anyone else gotten banned yet?

I got banned for 3 days for calling a kid a "little shit" when he didnt rez 3 people that were right next to him. Also had a friend get banned for having "assassin" in his character name. Kinda leaving a sour taste in my mouth honestly. I was enjoying the game and everything, then all of the sudden my screen goes black and I can only see my UI. Log out and my account is suspended. No responses from customer service in the past day and a half. Really thinking about getting my money back but I was enjoying the game.

my friend told me about this, i kind of doubted him tbh. i am very suprised :O

you used to be able to get away with a lot in wow hahha maybe Anet is different
 
I still can't believe there's no real trading system outside the trading post. Given that the trading post has been perpetually down, that lack of a basic trading system is becoming a major fail. You have to trust a complete stranger to mail you back if you want to sell something or buy something.

Conspiracy theory time (not 100% serious) - no trading post/no real trade system -> lots of people stocking up on items to sell later when the trading post finally goes online -> full banks -> people purchasing additional bank slots (already purchased two more myself) -> $$$ for ANet.
 
Thoughts and tips after head start weekend:

Launch was not as smooth as Rift, though not horrible. A few hours of downtime, some funky guild issues, some bugs that were not fixed from the BWE were still there, etc... Those saying they regret the pre-purchase for this downtime though are funny and likely have not experienced many game opening weekends.

1. If you want level fast and skip content, farm events. Find locations with 2 or 3 nearby events that pop quickly.
2. When your inventory is full, open it, click on the gear icon in the top right and hit deposit collectibles.
3. When you use unidentified dye, double click the new dye. It will show up in your hero tab. Hit 'H' then look for the eyedropper about your gear, you can change your gear color as much as you want.
4. You can gather all three material types, equip the gathering sickle, ax, pick. Even if someone else is hitting a node, go hit it as well, it does not interfere with or steal from them. You also get XP for gathering, equivalent to about 4 mob kills.
5. Get all waypoints, points of interests, View points, and complete all hearts in a zone and you receive a nice chest with cash and prizes.
6. Go to other starter zones and pick up skill points. I've gotten 2 of my Elite skills already.
7. Personal story line is decent source of XP and a source of getting keys.
8. Crafting is a bit different than what most are likely used to. You need to discover items, so use that discover tab in the crafting area.
9. Weapon smith can discover a +10XP booster for 30 minutes...(I know people bitch about XP boosters in the RMT system, well, there is an in game craft able item that does the same.) I just found this late last night.
10. Crafting gives XP. Some of the discoveries have given me 1000+ XP
11. Some crafting mats are too rare, go to multiple starting zones to get the skill points and farm for low level drops. (claws, bone chips, blood vials, etc...)
12. Rez people and NPCs, they are worth good XP.
 
Last edited:
I still can't believe there's no real trading system outside the trading post. Given that the trading post has been perpetually down, that lack of a basic trading system is becoming a major fail. You have to trust a complete stranger to mail you back if you want to sell something or buy something.

Conspiracy theory time (not 100% serious) - no trading post/no real trade system -> lots of people stocking up on items to sell later when the trading post finally goes online -> full banks -> people purchasing additional bank slots (already purchased two more myself) -> $$$ for ANet.

/tinfoil :D

I've placed an order on game (forgive me, it was the cheapest with 2 day delivery). I don't see myself getting the code emailed to me today, so I'll probably try to ring them early tommorow to see if they can get it from the box with my permission before they ship it out. Looking forward to it, though I really hope I get my character names.

Is there an official [H] guild?
 
So yea... Anyone else gotten banned yet?

I got banned for 3 days for calling a kid a "little shit" when he didnt rez 3 people that were right next to him. Also had a friend get banned for having "assassin" in his character name. Kinda leaving a sour taste in my mouth honestly. I was enjoying the game and everything, then all of the sudden my screen goes black and I can only see my UI. Log out and my account is suspended. No responses from customer service in the past day and a half. Really thinking about getting my money back but I was enjoying the game.

Wow, that's ridiculous... no warning, etc. or anything? Calling someone that is rude, but hardly excessive in an MMO if only done once to someone in a situation (I never do that myself but I can't say I'd fault someone for doing so). A suspension/ban for having "Assassin" in your name, too? LOL @ that :(.

Daggah, there are a lot of things I couldn't believe there were no real systems for, myself, in this game... :(. That one is especially glaring.
 
I'm getting 119 fps with Supersampling off. 59 with Supersampling on. Everything else maxxed out. In the Norn area atm and areas do make a difference in fps.

1920x1080.

What settings are you'll using for 3D? Going to try that next to see how it is in this title.

The supersampling option does much more than what the term usually means because it also adds textures to many areas, namely, lots and lots of tall grass. I don't really understand why the option to use additional textures isn't a separate setting. It seems strange to combine it into the supersampling option instead of breaking it out.

One piece of advice might be to turn off FSAA anti-aliasing if you're using supersampling. Supersampling is technique that reduces anti-aliasing too so you're basically applying two processes to do the same thng when using it and FSAA.

Wow, that's ridiculous... no warning, etc. or anything? Calling someone that is rude, but hardly excessive in an MMO if only done once to someone in a situation (I never do that myself but I can't say I'd fault someone for doing so). A suspension/ban for having "Assassin" in your name, too? LOL @ that :(.

That could have been a 9-year-old kid that was called a "little shit" who because of their age and youth can't shrug it off as easily as an adult so I don't have a problem enforcing such things. The suspension for names should be better designed since the game allows you to use the name and Arenanet hasn't said what is or isn't banned. Most people understand common profanity and slurs will get you suspended without being told but words like "assassin" are normal words. I'm not questioning the veracity of the account but that seems to be a really really odd word to ban. In any case, it might be better if otherwise benign words that are banned triggers a warning, not a suspension, plus an option to change the name.
 
Last edited:
my friend told me about this, i kind of doubted him tbh. i am very suprised :O

you used to be able to get away with a lot in wow hahha maybe Anet is different

Yeah, the bans are real. 72 hours for a first offense seems a bit harsh and some of the reasons are pretty ridiculous. Seems like support is so busy they are just handing out the bans without really investigating anything.
 
The supersampling option does much more than what the term usually means because it also adds textures to many areas, namely, using lots and lots of tall grass. I don't really understand why the option to use additional textures isn't a separate setting. It seems strange to combine it into the supersampling option instead of breaking it out.

One piece of advice might be to turn off FSAA anti-aliasing if you're using supersampling. Supersampling is technique that reduces anti-aliasing too so you're basically applying two processes to do the same thng when using it and FSAA.

is the FXAA effecting performance anyways? in my experience obviously it depends on the game but usuallllly it is much lighter and less cumbersome in comparison to other AA like msaa

interesting though i will try just supersampling and see the results :)
 
So yea... Anyone else gotten banned yet?

I got banned for 3 days for calling a kid a "little shit" when he didnt rez 3 people that were right next to him. Also had a friend get banned for having "assassin" in his character name. Kinda leaving a sour taste in my mouth honestly. I was enjoying the game and everything, then all of the sudden my screen goes black and I can only see my UI. Log out and my account is suspended. No responses from customer service in the past day and a half. Really thinking about getting my money back but I was enjoying the game.

So you got all butthurt because someone didn't do something for you, that he didn't have to do, just something you WANTED him to do, to make your life easier... you cursed at him, and got banned?

I don't see the issue here with you getting banned. If that's their policy, oh well. I might not agree to it, but it is what it is.

Lesson: Stop swearing at random internet people because they aren't playing the game they payed for, the way you want them to.

Would I have rezzed you, yep. Do I expect other people to do the same... nope.
 
Yeah, the bans are real. 72 hours for a first offense seems a bit harsh and some of the reasons are pretty ridiculous. Seems like support is so busy they are just handing out the bans without really investigating anything.

I think that there should have been a 'first warning' system where you are simply asked to rename your character the first time for naming issues. Then again, I lack any sympathy for people who made utterly clutch character names, trying to push the rules as far as possible e.g "Wan Ker" "D I C K" "Durk Terrorist" etc etc. That's just the first few whiners from the guru forums. Also, don't take people's word's for granted tbh. Who's to say their names weren't even worse or they sweared more than they said they did? Time will tell.

For offensive language, I can sympathise a bit more really, 3 day ban for swearing is very excessive to be honest. I hope Anet changes their way of dealing with reports. A warning for the first incident and then a few hours ban for second offence, getting worse of course, should suffice in the future.

/Anet defense force
 
Back
Top