The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database *READ 1st Post for Instructions*

Why do you say that? It's not like there's been a huge gap in posting dates or anything...I thought it was still going and I was gonna be posting an updated clock/voltage for my E8400 within the week once I see how much farther past 4GHz she'll go on air.

Why do you say that? It's not like there's been a huge gap in posting dates or anything...I thought it was still going and I was gonna be posting an updated clock/voltage for my E8400 within the week once I see how much farther past 4GHz she'll go on air.

Probably because Core i7 is coming out, more people would be more interested in those numbers than Core 2's. I still don't think this thread will die soon... it'll just fade in time.

Probably because Core i7 is coming out, more people would be more interested in those numbers than Core 2's. I still don't think this thread will die soon... it'll just fade in time.

Fair enough...I expect as much as well, but I'm sure there's gonna be a decent number of people (including myself) that aren't going to be ready to do almost a full system upgrade (cpu/mobo/memory) right off the bat.

yeah im sure in the next year ill still be updating this db.. hahaha.... well almost gonna close on a condo so I'll have more time to work on the db... :) thanks for all those that are patient :D

yeah im sure in the next year ill still be updating this db.. hahaha.... well almost gonna close on a condo so I'll have more time to work on the db... :) thanks for all those that are patient :D

No problem at all man, your services are greatly appreciated.

i said it because the thread got unstickied, I think it should still be a sticky as it is still VERY relevant.

Just out of curiosity, where are the Q9550 OC's? There's a bajillion entries for the C2D's and tons of posts in the forum about people OCing their C2Q's but so far there aren't any Quads in the database? Does no one submit their results here?

UPDATE

Added: dnottis (very good oc of E8500! nice water cooled setup), GijsJUH (good oc of Q9450, hehe nice cpu air cooloer :D, entry is black because no code, please look for it thanks!, also cpu-z shows 4-4-4-12? you claim 4-4-4-10? <-- ok see NEW SS your good to go, OK i see, your latest pic made your entry 3.8ghz and voltage 1.32 volts and new bios 0410, I also assumed your vista was 32bit),

Jakalwarrior (good oc of E7200, assumed your mobo IP35-E is an Abit, entry is black no week or code, pls submit, thanks), vck6v3 (good oc of E8400, nice screenshots and awesome cpu voltage!, assumed your mobo is a Gigabyte)

Deleted: none

Editted: Zinn (made entry green because submitted week and code Q817 A630 for E8500)

User Name: cornelious0_0
Stability: 4hr +

CPU: E8400
OC: 4212 Mhz
Stepping: 6 C0
Week: Q809
Code: A805
Vcore: 1.44v

Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright Ultima-90

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty JR P45-T2RS
Bios Version: 10/07/2008
Operating System: WinXP x86 SP3

RAM brand: GSkill
RAM rated speed: 8000
RAM actual speed: 990
Latency: 5-5-5-15 2T

The CPU voltage actually drops down to 1.424v at the above settings but I took the screenshot a few seconds too early...but I can understand if you want to/have to list it at 1.44v.

The same CPU does 4GHz @ 1.328v which is quite a jump for 200MHz, but I'm confident that when I setup my watercooling I'll be able to drop my voltages at 4.2GHz and above and that I'll have new results soon enough.

wow im surprised you can get that on air cooling with a thermalright 90mm fan.... maybe instead of water cooling try a better air cooler??

wow im surprised you can get that on air cooling with a thermalright 90mm fan.... maybe instead of water cooling try a better air cooler??

I was just as surprised at first...and it benchmarks just fine at 4.4GHz...boots into windows at 4.5GHz as well with only a tiny bit more voltage.

I'm gonna be going from this to watercooling in the next couple months probably but the Ultima-90 will be installed until then.

User Name: siriusmuzik
Stability: 5hr + Prime95

CPU: Q9550
OC: 4207 Mhz
Stepping: E0
Week: L834
Code: B479
Vcore: 1.375v

Cooler brand/model: XIGMATEK HDT-S1283
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
Bios Version: 10/02/2008 Rev.2
Operating System: Vista Ultimate 64bit

RAM brand: OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB (2X2GB)
RAM rated speed: DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
RAM actual speed: 990
Latency: 5-5-5-15 2T

overclock1.jpg

who do i ask to get this restickied? as it will still be useful for at least 6 months.

I forgot who I asked it was awhile back? I'm sure you can ask a mod or even super mod to re sticky this. Right now I'm about to close the condo I am purchasing so I'll be moving next week, but I'll do my best to update this and add the last couple of entries...

:D

yeah I had to save this thread to my favs so I wouldn't lose it in the myriad of posts here

Well, it's basically a Wolfdale with less cache. Not sure what else they crippled on it though.

Intel calls it a Pentium....so I go with that.

Comparing the Wikipedia pages for Core 2 (E7200) and Pentium Dual-Core (E5200) reveals that the e5200 is 1M of cache, SSE4.1, and 266mhz on the FSB shy of being a Core 2, despite sharing the same architecture and resulting clock speeds.

Yup yup, its a core 2 duo in disguise and just slapped the pentium cause its soo cheap.

4.0ghz stable for a pentium, im happy with my purchase :D

Yup yup, its a core 2 duo in disguise and just slapped the pentium cause its soo cheap.

4.0ghz stable for a pentium, im happy with my purchase :D

Wow, nice OC!! Maybe I'll pick one of those up when Fry's has a deal, lol.

Like I said, post all the info and he'll most likely add it. I asked the question a while ago in this thread, when I was OC'ing my E2200. I can't find the SS, or else I'd post it, lol. Oh wellz.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032040131&postcount=1081
Hm... videomasterz, will you be including the Pentium Dual Cores based on the Core2 into this DB? Like the E2140/E2160/E2180/E2200/etc?
sure why not :) I'll add them in too... I need some time to organize the db a bit though getting kinda messy for the stats page... TOO! Many mobos to list now that support socket775! crazy!!

my e6600 seems so stale now :( maybe time to upgrade to a 8400! :D

yup enginurd has it right.. just post it here and I will add it...tomorrow im going to the bank to sign the papers for the condo to close it... its been a bumpy ride some snags here and there.. and hopefully my mortgage rate will be low.. such as 5%... I will be moving tomorrow and continue on for about 3 days.. I was gonna update it before the move but got busy trying to clear this place out and clean it.. so yup.. just post it!! :D

You've got your internet hooked up at the new place, right? :p Thats the important thing! lol.

User Name: BlueFireIce
Stability: 25 passes with IBT and 4 hours and 11 minutes Prime95.

CPU: Q9550
OC: 3825MHz
Stepping: A E0
Week: L835
Code: B078
Vcore: 1.200V

Cooler brand/model: TRUE (HS lapped, CPU not...yet)

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
Bios Version: 1611
Operating System: Vista HP 64-bit

RAM brand: G.SKILL
RAM rated speed: 6400
RAM actual speed: 901
Latency: 5-5-5-15

CPUZ Validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=463304

31bbf929.jpg

557831c1.jpg

yup enginurd has it right.. just post it here and I will add it...tomorrow im going to the bank to sign the papers for the condo to close it... its been a bumpy ride some snags here and there.. and hopefully my mortgage rate will be low.. such as 5%... I will be moving tomorrow and continue on for about 3 days.. I was gonna update it before the move but got busy trying to clear this place out and clean it.. so yup.. just post it!! :D

Cool cool, ill look up the info on my chip and post it soon, ived been busy lately playing some cool games.

Great OC, below stock vcore to boot! My Q9450 takes 1.376v for 3.8ghz (CPUz load).

Thanks, I am going to be ordering a set of 1066 RAM tomorrow, the 800 sticks are holding me back, I had a hell of a time hitting 901MHz with 4 sticks (8gb) so I took two out and am now back at 4gb, with 4 sticks it took 2.1v and 6-6-6-18 timings to get the RAM stable, with just 2 sticks I am back at stock 5-5-5-15 timings and 2.0v, I have not tried to go lower, I think I am about to try and push the OC more and see what happens now with just 2 sticks. I have hit a stable 4.25GHz but I was pushing the RAM HARD, but only had the vcore at 1.31v.

For the IBT test my max temps got a little high as I left it running with my bedroom door closed and no vents open in the room :eek: . Needless to say it was a wee bit warm in there when I got back.

ok finally got my dsl hooked up.... with my cable tv.. my telephone company supplies both internet and tv, through the telephone wire, they had to find a good line for me to be stable.... havnt been online in a week!! was going through withdrawals!! lol

Back