The official "clean desktop" club.

How'd you get the taskbar to span the entire screen? I was able to do that with XP and the nvidia nview drivers but yours looks like Vista (and I heard they dropped support at that point)?

He's using an Eyefinity mode that spans the desktop, the downside to that is that the Start menu ends up on the far left monitor's corner and the taskbar tray ends up on the far right corner of the right monitor... Another option is to use something like DisplayFusion which simply adds an additional taskbar to each monitor, functionally identical to the main taskbar but Start and notifications remain on the main display. DF also lets you set different wallpapers on each display (which I think NV also dropped from the drivers, can't remember), even lets you randomize 'em, etc.

It's well worth the $20 or w/e it costs if you use multiple displays imo, another popular option is UltraMon but DF is cheaper and in more active development I believe (it's Win7 fixes and updates were coming far faster during the beta cycle than UM's, which were almost non-existent).

Gotta love that eyefinity setup =D

Since I've only got two monitors I haven't run into the issue of too far left/right. Even with 3, I guess it would look symmetrical to me if only the center one had the taskbar :)

I'm playing with Ultramon for now and might switch to displayfusion for a few days before deciding which one to settle on. Its too bad you can't get games to span using just UM or DF.

256fbb7.jpg

Where can I get that calander?

standard weather channel gadget (i used the exact one for a few months before i used rain meter again)

2mc7xj9.jpg

(6160x1600 accomplished by 3x Dell 2007FP's in portrait and one Dell 3008WFP in lanscape)

its showing up scaled down for me, if it isn't for anyone else let me know and i'll thumbnail it.

got an update, new rainmeter stuff....cant figure out how to chang ethe bloody background color on the omnia stuff from that blue to a gray/black ( like the Steam and Office ones)

desktoppicr.png

Something I worked on this evening. I'm not done with it, but my mind is giving up on me for the night :p
Anyone care to share an easier/quicker way to change system icons in win7 (aside from iconpackager)? I tried using iconphile and icon tweaker, but neither have been updated recently and both crashed multiple times (and didn't change icons lol).

VS: APPOWS2010 Work02
Rainmeter: Enigma, top winamp section was custom edited from enigma skins
MirandaIM: Sidebar Skin (for clist modern layered)
Icons: Token (believe the start orb is as well)
Wall: I don't remember, I'll look around.
Nl3gs.jpg

leftjan.png

rightjan.png

listenin to Kelli Ali from Sneaker Pimp's new album, Psychic Cat. All my system monitoring is all rain meter.

Back