The New Super High Resolution PC Screenshot Thread

These "next gen" consoles need about 2 more generations before they can output anything like this.

I have no need to use ENBs in Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas.

Each of the terrain and building texture packs were manually installed. I only picked UHQ or HQ textures from each mod, meaning, if a texture in UHQ Terrain appeared better than NMCs, I used it instead and vice-versa. It takes a little time to do yet very well worth the effort.

FYI - My custom installation of Fallout 3 uses an average of 1.7 GB VRAM with a peak of 2.4 GB. No crashes at all unless I inadvertently tab out and back in then FO3 crashes shortly after.

Here's a partial list of installed mods:

Megaton Texture Pack
Rivet City Texture Pack
Ultra High-Quality Terrain Overhaul
NMC's Texture Pack
Citadel Re-textured 4096 x 4096
Hi-Res Chinese Stealth Armor
Nuka Cola High-Res Retexture
Underground Hideout
Metro Map Replacer
Hall of Weapons (Re-texture)
Vander HD Creatures
Fellout
Enhanced Blood Textures
Chems and Meds Re-texture Pack
SkyPappa 3000 (Item Texture)
Fallout Street Lights
Bobble Heads Hi-Res Re-texture
Sniper Equipment - Barrett M82A1
alexscorpions Sniper Equipment Version 1.2
Clock Re-textured
Workbench Re-textured

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just for shits & giggles:

Explosive Brahmin Launcher :p

^ Dang, what texture mods are those? Or is it ENB?

Additional screenshots to keep within the rules of the thread:

AceGoober_FO3_011_11-25-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FO3_013_11-25-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FO3_010_11-25-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FO3_012_11-25-2013.jpg~original

Any gameplay mods you recommend for FO3? I remember using FOOK2 a while back, tried to use that this time around along with MMM, but the game seems to hang when starting a new one. I've heard FWE is another good one to try.

Random screenshot of STALKER Clear Sky with Complete Mod:

E8C06B5EF7C4DB1081D3311C423E7D886096BB0D

@ castun: FWE is an excellent mod for FO3. There are many various patches to make it compatible with several other mods. Make sure to read the descriptions prior to installing.

Another screenshot from Fallout 3 - without using an ENB:

AceGoober_FO3_014_11-25-2013.jpg~original

And, a couple of screenshots from Fallout: New Vegas (upgrading graphics to my standards in-process):

AceGoober_FNV_004_12-01-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FNV_006_12-01-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FNV_007_12-01-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FNV_005_12-01-2013.jpg~original

AceGoober_FNV_008_12-01-2013.jpg~original

Please stop using photobucket, it keeps redirecting to the main page and it doesn't show any button to see the full size original image, and when the image is clicked it moves forward to the next... :mad:

Please stop using photobucket, it keeps redirecting to the main page and it doesn't show any button to see the full size original image, and when the image is clicked it moves forward to the next... :mad:

if you're using firefox you can right click -> view image. not an excuse to use photobucket, just saying.

No amount of modding can make FO3 look good, lol. That game just needs a new engine. :p

Here's some randoms, just a few of the women in my life:

me3liara2.jpg

dpmm1.jpg

o531.jpg

lxkv1.jpg

Wish I had some better shots, but here's a few from recent exploits:

Alien Isolation

3rL3c0.jpg

fb9xB1.jpg

0hI3yI.jpg

TmmDse.jpg

xcUC1i.jpg

ZwQtr9.jpg

Borderlands the Pre Sequel

antApj.jpg

Metro Last Light Redux

gZ9pxR.jpg

These ACU shots make me wanna drop the cash just to walk around the world. Does it look this good everywhere or just in the relatively close quarters urban areas?

These ACU shots make me wanna drop the cash just to walk around the world. Does it look this good everywhere or just in the relatively close quarters urban areas?

An issue with Unity is that it looks better standing still than it does moving, although that's not to say it doesn't look great.

An issue with Unity is that it looks better standing still than it does moving, although that's not to say it doesn't look great.

Yeah, there is some crazy motion blur issues in Unity.

Agreed, I've noticed issues with draw distance and pop-in. Up-close, the game looks remarkable. The attention to detail on indoor environments and buildings is really something that should be appreciated more. I constantly find myself catching things like windows. No windows are painted on in the game. Every window has a small 3d room behind it. May not be much, but you might see a chair, or a desk, or curtains. In areas that can go inside, everything looks real, from wall trim to ruffled carpets. It's great. Outside, from up high, or when moving very quickly, the game looks a whole lot more meh.

It's definitely the best looking game out right now. The NPC character models are really the only part of the game that isn't up to snuff, graphically. And the occasional POP-IN/LOD when going into an area for the first time. Other than that it is pretty damn good. Best AC game since AC2 for me.

Back