The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Bop said:
lol oops... I need to be more careful, well to stick to the topic here are my two 7800GTXs in SLI with w/c :

|----o-o------
|----o-o------

Nice, eh? :)

Hm... got any real pictures of your rig? Thats a crazy nice set up.

A couple of more pics, using a crappy camera phone...

b7885627.jpg

b7885675.jpg

b8098085.jpg

Get away from the drawn diagrams ;)

seigejet said:
A couple of more pics, using a crappy camera phone...

Get away from the drawn diagrams ;)
Do you not have a digital cameras? Arr... very nice though. I wish I had that kind of money to drop. I'm going to have to figure out a way to part with $500+ to get one 7800GTX.

Nice! That's the first multi cpu multi 7800 setup I have seen... I heard of another in the werkz. yeah - take some more images with a better camera if you get a chance. :D I am sure we'd love to see more of that beast.

wow - that one does your name justice... 2fresh! nice work. great idea for the MOSFET cooler fan also. :) or did Viper John do all that?

Viper did it. I am not about to dick with a $600 vid card. Well, $479 or something now..but still :p

2Fresh said:
Viper did it. I am not about to dick with a $600 vid card. Well, $479 or something now..but still :p

How much does that run, his services for the vmod stuff? Just curious.

His last card was an X800xt or xtpe and I think he said it cost like $200-300. Well worth it if you ask me, if you have the month to pay $500 for a card then another $300 to tweak the fuck out of it is well worth it.

~Adam

This one was $240 for all mods, h2o block, and sinks. Kinda a lot...but If you have the cash it is no biggie. ;)

That reminds me, you should post Viper's website or email or whatever incase someone wants to contact him.

~Adam

I posted a picture of it a year ago but I finally got pissed enough with it crashing and bought a Zalman HSF for it.

From this:
2005.08.09_BFG_6800_Stock.jpg

To this:
2005.08.09_BFG_6800_Zalman.jpg

Are you just posting or is that sick a$$ crossfire system yours, OMG I WANT ONE :D

PS could you make the pictures any bigger :p

R!P13y said:
Are you just posting or is that sick a$$ crossfire system yours, OMG I WANT ONE :D

PS could you make the pictures any bigger :p

Thats not his. The top image may be, but it doesnt match what is in his sig. It is a HIS video card, but its in a DFI NF4 Ultra (or SLI) whereas he list a Gigabyte board in his sig. Perhaps he could have changed that though, so it does not matter. The middle is just some random picture. The bottem one is a picture of the DFI crossfire board and two cards (obviosly) that was on display at Computex.

Viper87227 said:
Thats not his. The top image may be, but it doesnt match what is in his sig. It is a HIS video card, but its in a DFI NF4 Ultra (or SLI) whereas he list a Gigabyte board in his sig. Perhaps he could have changed that though, so it does not matter. The middle is just some random picture. The bottem one is a picture of the DFI crossfire board and two cards (obviosly) that was on display at Computex.

WOW, just sitting here trying to remember if i asked you or him.................HIM... so shhh ;)

very well. comes clocked 490 / 1300 from the factory; one of the fastest factory overclocked cards out there. im surprised it hasnt received more press attention.

i havent tried it any higher than the factory overclock, as i have been testing some new memory the past few days. ill post some oc results soon if you are interested.

R!P13y said:
WOW, just sitting here trying to remember if i asked you or him.................HIM... so shhh ;)

Thats mine.. Duh..
I have 2 computers..

The one listed in my sig is my daily work computer.

The dual video card pics are for my gaming computer.
Why have a 7200RPM HD for a gaming computer? ;)
My gaming computer has a 10,000RPM WD.

Krycek1 said:
its the fastest of all the 7800s

the new eVGA is clocked the same...

That card is terrrific looking... better have a case with a window and the alternate mobo mount style so you can see the tops of the card. :)

HDBox2d1 said:
Thats mine.. Duh..
I have 2 computers..

The one listed in my sig is my daily work computer.

The dual video card pics are for my gaming computer.
Why have a 7200RPM HD for a gaming computer? ;)
My gaming computer has a 10,000RPM WD.

Thanks to the person that has the rig replys and WOW nice shit dude, rich fool :D

Yeah no doubt he is looking to burn that thing up, in about one round of any given game

Borgschulze said:
Heatsinks don't really help RAM that much...

Unless you are actually voltmodding them or dont have good ait flow, not really. But a pre-requisite for being a [H] is to have video card ram heatsinks :D

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
Unless you are actually voltmodding them or dont have good ait flow, not really. But a pre-requisite for being a [H] is to have video card ram heatsinks :D

~Adam
Haha, maybe if you use them properly also, no thermaltape, use thermal adhesive... make sure they're copper.. etc..

Ok, here is the facts kids, the ram get hot enough on these cards now that if you dont have sinks the ram will not last long and you will be RMAing your card soon for taking them off, and hope you will be able to RMA it saying the throw sh!t balls if you mod your card,
GOOD LUCK :D

R1ckCa1n said:
Here is me Aqua Computer cooled beast.

7800_02.JPG

7800_03.JPG

Why did you not buy the 6800 Aqua water cooler instead?

The reason I ask is that the original cooling fan seems to cover more area, presumably your RAM chip, on tp of the GPU.

Back