The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

ericlikeseatin said:
how hot do the ram chips on the 7800's get anyways? gddr3 chips run pretty cool to my knowledge.
They don't get too hot. I might add some heatsinks just for the ram.

Happy Hopping said:
Why did you not buy the 6800 Aqua water cooler instead?

The reason I ask is that the original cooling fan seems to cover more area, presumably your RAM chip, on tp of the GPU.
It doesn't cool the entire 7800GTX and I got a good deal to sell the one I had :) This card is much longer than a 6800.

R1ckCa1n said:
It doesn't cool the entire 7800GTX and I got a good deal to sell the one I had :) This card is much longer than a 6800.

Also the heatsink that is near the power connector interferes with the block.

I have the aquagraphix 6800 block for sale if anyone is interested?

Hey,
Here's my desktop
16503016.jpg

I bought a new mobo (DFI LanParty SLI-DR) and a new gfx (CLub3d GeForce 7800GTX)

picture002.jpg

Sikpupi said:
Also the heatsink that is near the power connector interferes with the block.

I have the aquagraphix 6800 block for sale if anyone is interested?

What don't you like about it that makes you sell it? What did you substitute the aqua with?

That girl on the Club3d cooler reminds me of Faye Valentine from Cowboy Beebop.
Probably not enough for a copyright infringement though.

Happy Hopping said:
What don't you like about it that makes you sell it? What did you substitute the aqua with?

It doesn't fit on the 7800GTX I replaced my 6800GT with.
It just sits in my desk unused, I use the Zalman GWB2 on the 7800 and it works just fine.

Dudeyourlame said:
god i hope an x800xl could run americas army.. heck i think a Geforce 2 can

They have update the engine a few times, i know my x800PRO when i tried would not run it on full details when i had gotten their latest release of it.

i got my 6800LE a few hours ago :)
i know this card is 'garbage' for some of u guys but for me it is a day/night difference compared to my old 9600 ( which i 'accidently' broke ) :p
not to mention that i owe my dad 140 bucks now for getting me this video card.. LOL :eek:

videocard0011lx.jpg

videocard0032ov.jpg

ericlikeseatin said:
glad to see people with normal video cards instead of crazy 7800 gtx's everywhere. normal video cards rule! :p

QFT :) ....it makes me jealous everytime i see someone brag about their new 7800 lol :D

I might as well add an oldie but goodie I have around the house.

Feast your eyes on the PNY Geforce 4 Ti4200 (64mb version).

ti4200.jpg

~Towert7

ericlikeseatin said:
glad to see people with normal video cards instead of crazy 7800 gtx's everywhere. normal video cards rule!
Thank you! :)

To towert: Gotta love that classic PNY purple PCB :p I remeber getting PNY cards (there was a time that they were good :) ) and you opened the box up to see if you get a green colored one or a pruple one. :D

FoxhoundOp said:
why the HELL do you lay your videocard out on carpet?!

because there stupid and money is not a issue for them unlike alot of other ppl here and they dont care if it breaks because they can just buy another one

roninblade said:
because there stupid and money is not a issue for them unlike alot of other ppl here and they dont care if it breaks because they can just buy another one
Eaither that or its summer with 80% humidity and no chance of ESD ^_^.

yeah - when the humidity is up you don't even need to worry about that... or, another little secret is fill a spray bottle with fabric softener and water (a 1:2 part mixture) and spray the carpet around your desk area to rid it of ESD potential when it's dry... :)

revenant said:
yeah - when the humidity is up you don't even need to worry about that... or, another little secret is fill a spray bottle with fabric softener and water (a 1:2 part mixture) and spray the carpet around your desk area to rid it of ESD potential when it's dry... :)
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Haven't heard of that before. So, nobody lol when I ask...

Seriously?

revenant said:
There's some [H]ard advice right there, nice *runs to find spray bottle*

Borgschulze said:
Aero 7, it's a cpu cooler.

Looking at that pic., there is no cable connect to that video card. How would someone knows the temperature of the video card? And does the temperature detection of these video card software comes with the video card even if the card uses cooling fan?

If so, how do you find a good software to view the temperature of the video card?

Happy Hopping said:
Looking at that pic., there is no cable connect to that video card. How would someone knows the temperature of the video card? And does the temperature detection of these video card software comes with the video card even if the card uses cooling fan?

If so, how do you find a good software to view the temperature of the video card?
what are you talking about?!
all 6 series cards have temp sensors ON the cards.. in the PCB and the drivers can get the temp for you.. you dont need software

hell even i dont stick my ..electronic componets on the ground in minnesota.. yesterday you could see moisture floating under the streetlights and hoods of cars on broadway were all wet still a chance you can get your fancy computer pwned

Back