The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Homer said:
This is kinda funny, but I always think when I see the cards without the huge heatsinks, they kind of look like lame cards. I dont know why, but seeing a 6800 ultra or something with the huge heatsink on it looks 1337, then when you see just the card with no heatsink on it, it just looks like a piece of pcb :p. is it just me that thinks that? I mean I know their awesome, but they look less "beefy" or something.
Heh, you should see it with NO heatsink at all, its incredibly light and is hard to imagine such a light and well, thin card can have this much processing power :p

I still have this thing laying around, hopefully gonna put it into a system of spare parts.

Triplex Millenium Silver Geforce4 Ti4600

The heatsink seems to have corroded a bit, but it's still kickin strong. Gotta love the silver PCB :D

TekSomniaK said:
I still have this thing laying around, hopefully gonna put it into a system of spare parts.

Triplex Millenium Silver Geforce4 Ti4600

The heatsink seems to have corroded a bit, but it's still kickin strong. Gotta love the silver PCB :D

Nice , kinda reminds me of my first computer i built ..that i gave away to my friend so his mom could use internet and he could play a few games ( amd 1700 oced to 1.6 ghz, 512 pc 2100, 80 gig 5400rpm Maxtor, ati 9000 that is looking to be replaced)

evgablackhighres.jpg

jacuzz1 said:
http://members.cox.net/mjpetruzz/evgablackhighres.jpg

hey whatver card is reflecting off that that is plugged into a pci slot sure looks like its hardly in there

revenant said:
Interesting.. that XFX 6800 (GT I am guessing?) has no MOSFET heat sink... and that voodoo5 5500 is prolly just a smidge longer than a 7800GTX... maybe... :)

I actually just noticed that myself, ive googled for 6800gt images and every pic ive looked at so far shows the board as having a secondary heatsink on it. Its not the best clocker either, it runs at 400\1100 for maybe 5 mins before the screen goes black, at which point i hit ctrl-alt-del and i can still shut down the game i was running. Im thinking i got a wonky board now actually :(

revenant said:
Interesting.. that XFX 6800 (GT I am guessing?) has no MOSFET heat sink... and that voodoo5 5500 is prolly just a smidge longer than a 7800GTX... maybe... :)

It's probably an NV48-based (110nm) 6800GT board; if not, just a board redesign. That's what the new XFX 6800GT AGP boards at Newegg look like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showi...0GT+256MB+GDDR3+AGP+4X/8X+Video+Card+-+Retail

In addition to the different board layout, it also has a new aluminum support bar that was not on earlier XFX 6800GT AGP revisions.

Chris_B said:
Its not the best clocker either, it runs at 400\1100 for maybe 5 mins before the screen goes black, at which point i hit ctrl-alt-del and i can still shut down the game i was running. Im thinking i got a wonky board now actually :(

Not really, mine topped out about there until I put on my Zalman set-up. Stock cooling on the 6800GT's leaves much to be desired when overclocking. Curiously though mine had the heatsink on the mosfets and the aluminum bar, but its a PNY. Maybe manufacturers mix and match board designs? However if the reference board doesn't have cooling on the mosfets, maybe cooling them and getting some good cooling for the card can turn it into a great o/c'er
:cool:

here's my latest video card purchase. its a BFG 7800 GTX cooled by a Zalman VF-700 cooler.

7800gtx1.jpg

Mr. K6 said:
Not really, mine topped out about there until I put on my Zalman set-up. Stock cooling on the 6800GT's leaves much to be desired when overclocking. Curiously though mine had the heatsink on the mosfets and the aluminum bar, but its a PNY. Maybe manufacturers mix and match board designs? However if the reference board doesn't have cooling on the mosfets, maybe cooling them and getting some good cooling for the card can turn it into a great o/c'er
:cool:

I think it really varies from card to card...if the card assembly went well (if the thermal compound gets between the sink and the gpu / mem without air bubbles, not too much and not too little, etc), then I think the stock setup is not that bad... I have an AGP PNY 6800GT, blue pcb with the support bar (prolly same as yours) and it OCs like a beast all stock... 420/1150 without batting an eye... but if you really want to get serious, then getting an aftermarket setup is a good idea.. but for a 1 slot cooler, I think Nvidia's ref design is not that bad... but that's imho

Dudeyourlame said:
hey whatver card is reflecting off that that is plugged into a pci slot sure looks like its hardly in there
network card?

it definitly needs to be shoved in there more...

Warrior said:
network card?

it definitly needs to be shoved in there more...

Another 133t post by Warrior, though i do agree with him, us being big time hardware g33ks and all and have seen many things burn from not being put in all the way, Mr E and that Fat chick ring any bells for you Warrior ;) LOL fun times at SHS

ubern00b15 said:
post your new cards here!!!!!!!!!!!!! this should definantely be a sticky :D
i miss the old one :(

edit:sorry man

Compter number one has a 9800 Pro (256bit version), number has a 9700 Pro. Back up P3 550 or Computer #5 has a Radeon 7000. Both of the other two are down. They have a nVida/Asus Ti-4400 and Asus 4200 both 128MB versions (both Pictured here below).

I also have a Diamond Viper PCI circa 1993. I can display the cards currently not installed because both #3 and #4 are down but these all work.

I use the Vanta, Trident and Matrox to work on systems.

Donnie27

Dudeyourlame said:

Holy shit batman yoiu correct, it is my wireless lan card. It is working fine but it sure does not look seated. I will reseat it now ,. thanks....lOL :D

I checked and its fine, the Linksys is just that way I guess

DaRkF0g said:
Is that a old EISA slot type I see on the top right? :p

Both the Top right and the bottom right are ISA, Trident and Dimond with a Cirus Logic.

Donnie

jacuzz1 said:
Holy shit batman yoiu correct, it is my wireless lan card. It is working fine but it sure does not look seated. I will reseat it now ,. thanks....lOL :D

I checked and its fine, the Linksys is just that way I guess

good thing ya got a shiny heatsink eh? :p

Here's my XFX 6600GT AGP with a newly installed Logisys CF206 video card cooler (same as the Vantec IceBerq 5 but with a faster fan). For $20 on Newegg I honestly believe this is the best bang for your buck solution out there. Also came with 8 square ramsinks and thermal tape. hsf was installed with AS5.

Idle/Load temps before, at stock speeds (500/1000): 44C/65C
Idle/Load temps now, at 580/1180: 37C/49C

simply amazing.

pics:

videocard1.jpg

videocard2.jpg

fluxion said:
Here's my XFX 6600GT AGP with a newly installed Logisys CF206 video card cooler (same as the Vantec IceBerq 5 but with a faster fan). For $20 on Newegg I honestly believe this is the best bang for your buck solution out there. Also came with 8 square ramsinks and thermal tape. hsf was installed with AS5.

Idle/Load temps before, at stock speeds (500/1000): 44C/65C
Idle/Load temps now, at 580/1180: 37C/49C

simply amazing.

pics:

http://lamentation.net/dump/videocard1.jpg
http://lamentation.net/dump/videocard2.jpg

Nice! I had yet to see one of these installed. I have one sitting here unopened... now that I have the ultra coolers on my GTs not much of a reason to install it on my SLI rig... but I might put it on my PNY 6800GT (agp) in another machine I have... looks really good, and like those numbers... it's a heafty chunk of copper... I was suprized how heavy it was when I got it. Solid!
wurd! ;)

revenant said:
Nice! I had yet to see one of these installed. I have one sitting here unopened... now that I have the ultra coolers on my GTs not much of a reason to install it on my SLI rig... but I might put it on my PNY 6800GT (agp) in another machine I have... looks really good, and like those numbers... it's a heafty chunk of copper... I was suprized how heavy it was when I got it. Solid!
wurd! ;)

yah it was beefier than i expected for the price, but contrary to what i've heard the weight is distributed forward enough on the card that it won't bow it. no rough edges: performance, construction, noise, and placement, it's a solid product all around. :)

Warrior: if you're referring to the Logisys, supposedly it's silent, i can't hear it, but some people say they can. if you have a case like me with any 26dB+ intake/exhaust fans you wont notice it. it's a small 3400rpm fan, and i can't find an decibel ratings unfortunately. if it's audible and i'm just not noticing it it's not obnoxious by any means.

hmm ok cause ive used the smaller iceberqs and they were like a pick of the litter thing.. some i had were loud and some were silent... but mainly inaudible

This is my All In Wonder X800XT. I'm in the process of converting to water cooling, so at this time it is incomplete. Also, tomorrow I am going to be sitting down with a good friend who has a lot of experience with metal works, and designing water-cooled ram sinks. Can't wait to see what comes of that.

ddaiwsm.jpg

this is my current vidcard - tonight i'll take some photos of some amazing models you'll remain astonished~~

yep - they're purdy! :) sadly enough... the red pcb influenced my purchase a little... *sigh* oh well :)

sli4.JPG

a SLI dual opteron board... very nice... how much was that board?

ps : w00t new page

Back