The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

are you talking about how part of the ram is exposed? well, if so, i put the ram sinks on and they werent wide enough, but i figured it's better than nothing. i was contemplating putting the stock cooler back on, but i like the look of this one better. not much overclocking on the card. you can only push a Ti4200 so far.

zero_alpha said:
are you talking about how part of the ram is exposed? well, if so, i put the ram sinks on and they werent wide enough, but i figured it's better than nothing. i was contemplating putting the stock cooler back on, but i like the look of this one better. not much overclocking on the card. you can only push a Ti4200 so far.

Yeah i got that TT copper ti4X00 series cooler too on one of my old old cards. the ramsinks are the width of ddr or gddr ram, the SDram on most ti4200 cards is too wide for them, it looks goofy on mine too.

All Ti4X00's use DDR, most ti4200's use TSOP modules but those ramsinks are desined for BGA ram. I had one of those thermmaltake coolers on my asus ti4200, which had a 4600 PCB and BGA ram and the sinks fit perfectly.

Back on topic...

aria6.jpg

aria7.jpg

Is that a slot blower right under the fan on the ultra? If so does it work? It seems that it would compete with the fan on the ultra?

that's definitely a slot fan. it's gotta be either competing or blocking that vid card fan :eek:

better fix that, Dill, or you'll deep-fry your new investment.

I took it out and added an arctic silencer pci slot cover, the one with the holes in it. Temps are the same

Dillusion said:
Not very, i took it out in favor of a holed pci slot cover.

Just what I was gonna say, the ONLY way I can see that blower doing anything is if you could take it apart to have the fan reversed...blowing air straight INTO the 6800's fan...instead of creating a vaccum and sucking off it like that.

cornelious0_0 said:
Just what I was gonna say, the ONLY way I can see that blower doing anything is if you could take it apart to have the fan reversed...blowing air straight INTO the 6800's fan...instead of creating a vaccum and sucking off it like that.

i was thinking that too wonder how that would work out

centvalny said:
Heres my sapphire xtpe...tortured with 1.75Volts and 678core/639memory and temp. at 14C :D

God DAMN cent that's lookin' nice. If it weren't for the fact that I just sold my XT-PE I'd really want a set of those Monster ramsinks even more now.....they're fricken massive. I'm really surprised that you'd using an SMD grabber on R1597, never really seen it tried a WHOLE lot...but hey, if it works. ;)

And some boredness old and new....

vc1.gif

vc2.gif

vc3.gif

vc4.gif

vc5.gif

vc6.gif

What ive owned and not pictured:
Visiontek ti4200
XFX GF4 MX440
Geforce 2 MX200 32MB
9800NP Gigacube
9800 Pro BBATi

a wonderful device called a smd grabber that allows you to do totally reversible vmods without soldering. I used one to take my radeon 9700 pro to 440mhz on water (stock 325, average overclock was to around 360 on those bad boys). When you're done, just unclip it and the vmod is undone. :D

and you can use it as an awl when you aren't doing vmods... quite useful indeed. :D

j/k about the awl thing. it just looks like that.

About the same as over a 9800pro, upping a resolution and aa/af level.

Read the 6600gt reviews, equate the 9800 pro and 5950 and there ya go.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
About the same as over a 9800pro, upping a resolution and aa/af level.

Read the 6600gt reviews, equate the 9800 pro and 5950 and there ya go.

~Adam

About all I was gonna say. :p

well Im not sure abou tthe 6600gt but I know hat my freind upgraded from a 9800XT to a 6800nu, unlocked the pipelines and OCed LIKE HELL, (not sure about memory but the core is 410) and he runs WAYY better even though it is 128MB of ram.

Ph0s5ph0L1p1D said:
well Im not sure abou tthe 6600gt but I know hat my freind upgraded from a 9800XT to a 6800nu, unlocked the pipelines and OCed LIKE HELL, (not sure about memory but the core is 410) and he runs WAYY better even though it is 128MB of ram.

No kidding, THAT'S something that everyone and their sister could tell ya. ;)

No.. bought it off of these forums. Asking price was $525, with those two retail boxed games included. Plan to sell both, as I already have them. Its a OEM card, but that doesnt matter to me.

fallguy said:
No.. bought it off of these forums. Asking price was $525, with those two retail boxed games included. Plan to sell both, as I already have them. Its a OEM card, but that doesnt matter to me.

ahh that wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be

Back