The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Dont have my new PC up and running yet. Ordered a 3500+ Whinchester today, my ram will be in tomorrow, and my Asus A8N-SLI came in today. So its going to be Tues-Wed before I get it going.

fallguy said:
Dont have my new PC up and running yet. Ordered a 3500+ Whinchester today, my ram will be in tomorrow, and my Asus A8N-SLI came in today. So its going to be Tues-Wed before I get it going.

Congrates dude, just stay away from bios 1003 , trust me, stick to 1002 until they get to 1005 lol

I have been reading about the "official" bios problems. I will stay away for a while. BTW, this mobo comes with more "extra's" than I have ever seen any mobo come with. Cables, cable, and more cables. External sata connectors, etc. Just wow. But enough off topic.. :)

picture2og.jpg

My new Gigabyte X800XT 256Mb VIVO

I say give it a few months before you flash it, it's rare but some times they die when OCed so high and IME OCs dont always stick.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
I say give it a few months before you flash it, it's rare but some times they die when OCed so high and IME OCs dont always stick.

~Adam

Gigabyte will RMA your card from a bad flash :D

starhawk said:
/shakes head

are you TRYING to start a flame war? morals, morals, me boy.
i think hes saying that gigabyte will RMA a card that died from a card flash, being aware of the reason of death.

if it oc's to XT-PE speeds, theres absoulty no reasonto flash it, the flash is just to open up the extra pipes on the Pro VIVO's/

ubern00b15 said:
how is that aquagate working for you? i want one to match my case. it looks hot

Yeah, it looks really cool. I have a Praetorian also...but I heard the Aquagate is crap in terms of cooling. :(

Should put some cooler master aroura blue ccfl's in there. They would match that water color PERFECTLY. Plus they are extremely bright :)

I just bought a pair yesterday, they really light up my case, although I do not have water cooling.

GBKoolance1.jpg

Dual eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultras with Koolance water blocks in Koolance 720 case with integral dual-120mm radiator fans. Separate water path through CPU.

Out with the old... (ATi Radeon 9800 Pro flashed to XT (460/370))

atiradeon9800pro4lq.jpg

In with the new... (nVidia 6800 Ultra (460/1200))

nvidia6800ultra0cn.jpg

I'm not sure yet. I'll probably sell it. The only reason that I got the Ultra is because of a great deal I found. :)

Got it installed a few days ago, and finally got around to taking some pics.

3.JPG

2.JPG

X850XT/PE.

BFG 6800 OC - DD Maze4
Idle Temp: 41
Ambient: 34
Temps go up and down with the CPU temps. Both temps are always equal. My guess is because I run the water lines in series (CPU > GPU).

Here's some pics.
PDR_0127_small.jpg

PDR_0128_small.jpg

PDR_0129_small.jpg

PDR_0138_small.jpg

swatX said:
uhh you should put some heatsink on the rams!!!

some 6800 non ultras dont have heatsinks on ram.. shouldnt be an issue i dont think.. GDDR 3 dont get that hot anyways

Deanob it's a shame that has no ram sinks, I think it'd be cool if you custom made a hearspreader and on the end of that heatspreader put some sort of heatsink. That'd look pretty sweet, copper of course.

~Adam

Dudeyourlame said:
some 6800 non ultras dont have heatsinks on ram.. shouldnt be an issue i dont think.. GDDR 3 dont get that hot anyways
the non-ultra has regular DDR

fallguy: why would you get a sli motherboard with a non-sli video card?

lithium726 said:
the non-ultra has regular DDR

ahh my bad ..sorry id consider getting ram sinks on those..then .. but if theres no problems.. who should care? lol .. its like hey my athlon 1700 is at 60 degrees C .. but its stable :D ( 1700 is not what my main rig is )

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Yeah, it looks really cool. I have a Praetorian also...but I heard the Aquagate is crap in terms of cooling. :(

Running sweet. On fan speed 1 it runs about 36 ish degrees under load, and 30ish idle. Fan Speed 2 30ish under load and 25ish idle. Don't run fan speed 3, too loud. I am in a cellar tho, in rainy yorkshire, so it doesn't get too hot here :) Does the job perfectly. It did run cooler when the XT PE wasn't in the loop....so for both cores I'm happy with those temps.

Sorry for the delay...just had a baby :D (not me obviously, the missus ;) )

Workin' on the ram sink issues. So far I'm at 400 core clock at 43 degrees idle temp. I cannot get the ram past 710 due to heat! So yes, heat sinks equals good idea.

Back