The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

I also came from a ti4200 128MB... My new stup is proving interesting as well... I can't believe how much faster my racing sims feel now they're smooth :)

Here are my BFG 6600 GT's in SLI:

5.jpg

1.jpg

Didn't bother to take any pictures out of the box before i put them in; was far too excited :D so they'll have to do..

Glen

thisisglen said:
I also came from a ti4200 128MB... My new stup is proving interesting as well... I can't believe how much faster my racing sims feel now they're smooth :)

Here are my BFG 6600 GT's in SLI:

5.jpg

1.jpg

Didn't bother to take any pictures out of the box before i put them in; was far too excited :D so they'll have to do..

Glen
ooo pretty ^^

centvalny said:
Heres my sapphire xtpe...tortured with 1.75Volts and 678core/639memory and temp. at 14C :D
Is that a 2-prong clip on the R1597 or a full grabber? I didn't think it was likely to make any contact. Very nice.

I'd post pics but Photoshop is on an unhooked drive.

Why do we feel the need to "show off" looks... looks have nothing to do with function... Kind of a waste of time, no?

Edited for careless typing that made no sense =P.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
Why do we feel the need to "show off" things that asthetically have nothing to do with function? Kind of a waste of time no?

~Adam

what has nothing to do with function?

Showing off the looks of a video card has nothing to do with how well the card functions.

I mean I could "pimp out" a gf2mx200 but it wouldn't work any better lol.

~Adam

noise reduction and lower temperatures (may result in better OC) are "no effect" ... huh ?

lol

Well I enjoy looking at the multitude of cards and the rigs they go into. Its like going to an auto show. :p

Dudeyourlame said:
ahh my bad ..sorry id consider getting ram sinks on those..then .. but if theres no problems.. who should care? lol .. its like hey my athlon 1700 is at 60 degrees C .. but its stable :D ( 1700 is not what my main rig is )

Do the memory modules feel hot or warm? Video ram doesn't get hot at all (unless extremely over-volted)

On my ATI 9800 Pro it gets hot enough to burn your finger if you hold it on the ram while playing a game. I have no idea how hot 6800 Ultra DDR-3's get, as they are impossible to touch with the stock HS on there.

G-DDR 3 doesnt run as hot as DDR ... just when i said that ..since it comes with ramsinks on it .. advisable to put something on .

just to see some more of the old......

my fx5600 ultra in action, with a new slot blower fan :)

mvc739f2gs.jpg

idle temp

mvc742f5fc.jpg

load temp while playing joint ops: escalation everything on low 1280x1204 because it cant handle it...

mvc743f3gt.jpg

i have seen as high as 60C while gaming for a couple of hours...

edit: in the bottom pic. you can see where i missed the reset button :p

MrSlacker said:
I F*CKING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i paid $390 for my PowerColor 800XL
Actually, you are lucky b/cause powercolor use 1.6ns samsung memory. Thats why it has power connector to psu. I think BBA x800xl use 2.0ns mem. and it doesnt have to connect to psu....
BBA ......
ati3km.jpg

Powercolor......
pc0tc.jpg

damn it, i was suppose to get it on saturday, but its shipped to my dad's work and they are closed on saturday. hopefully i'll get it on monday. i cant fucking wait!

Back