The murderbox MKII - available for pre-order

It's not a MurderBox, is a modded TJ07. That's what it is. They can call it whatever, but it's still a TJ07.
Until MurderMod makes their own cases, I can't see the value in taking a $320 case and turning it into a $1200 case.

I've modded and powdercoated the last three cases I've owned, and each project cost about $150 to complete.
All three cases were purchased by other members at cost. My custom Z70B sold for $350, when Newegg was selling them for $230.

This MM case plays on people's emotions and suppresses logic.

It looks like youre just blind and trying to downplay it. The case is expensive as hell but its all worth it. I wouldnt ever buy one because i dont have money like that. If i did i would buy one even though i think he needs to murdermod a diff case. The only thing thats Silverstone is the outer sheel. The rest is pretty much custom. It may be identical or a Silverstone design used as a base but its not the parts that came with the case be it stock or modified.

Lets start with the unibody.
On the outer shell it has drive bays on the upper 3/4 of the front. Murderbox has 1. Where did they all go? They are gone now and i highly doubt youll be able to tell if it was redone custom or if its welded up. Thats quality craftsmanship already.

The motherboard tray.
Its been inverted. Last i checked you cant invert the stock one. Hes also changed the back of the tray as well to make it more appeasing. It also has many other cuts and holes designed for the enthusiast in mind.

The drive bays.
This is a 100% custom unit. Its designed to be sleek like the entire case and its parts. It is that and it has a 100% custom backplane. Its not just some random backplane its designed to be more appeasing when its all put together.

So when you start building million dollar PC quality computers with custom PCB backplanes and setups that look anywhere close to as beautiful as anything Charles has designed and built then let us know. Then we might take what you say seriously. You obviously have no idea what kind of work, craftsmanship, design and thought goes into a case or computer by Charles. I do and nothing compares.

Modded? What? Used a dremel to cut some holes? I don't think that is closely comparable to what it must have taken to make the unibody alone. I think you can't see the value partly because it is too much of a complete project. You want to justify hacking up and painting a case.

Of course Murdermod aren't going to sell their products at cost.

Also, what is a "Murderbox" if not a modded TJ07?

Way to put down a fellow forum member for pointing out what he has done and how much it has cost. Why don't you go ahead and explain how you "know" how much it cost to machine the parts of that case?

uhh no thats exactly what it does

All the people whining in here are mad cause they secretly want the case but dont want to spend $1200. So instead they shake their fist at the screen. Gotta be part of the mob mentality.

Im not buying this case cause its way too much money (for me) but Im also smart enough to recognize the quality of work that went into it. Of course there are those that will want to powdercoat a tj07 and say its the same thing derp.

I don't want the case, I can admit it looks good.

I do want a TJ11, cant afford it though.

$1200 for a a glorified tj07 is way too much, I would expect the case to be much more unique for how much he is asking for it, no matter how much time he put into it.

Last edited:
Way to put down a fellow forum member for pointing out what he has done and how much it has cost. Why don't you go ahead and explain how you "know" how much it cost to machine the parts of that case?.

Excuse me? So it's fine for him to crap all over other peoples work but he can't take criticism? Ok, fair, I don't know though neither does anyone else. Anyone who has worked with a piece of aluminium seems to be pulling numbers and judgment out of their ass.

Why is this still in hot deals? Really nice case, insane price. NOT a hot deal, not at all.

It's not a MurderBox, is a modded TJ07. That's what it is. They can call it whatever, but it's still a TJ07.
Until MurderMod makes their own cases, I can't see the value in taking a $320 case and turning it into a $1200 case.

I've modded and powdercoated the last three cases I've owned, and each project cost about $150 to complete.
All three cases were purchased by other members at cost. My custom Z70B sold for $350, when Newegg was selling them for $230.

This MM case plays on people's emotions and suppresses logic.

I agree, just a very expensive TJ07

The PCB's ARE custom made.

At any rate, I'm getting one. I could care less about money. You can't take it with you, might as well enjoy some of the finer things in life.

If buying a $1200 chassis makes you happy, then you must be a sad, sad man. :eek:

If buying a $1200 chassis makes you happy, then you must be a sad, sad man. :eek:

^^ I wish we could weed out the clueless people on this forum

Some people drive shit boxes while others want more luxury so they go for a Lexus, Mercedes etc. Obviously those cars are just "glorified beaters"? They get you back and forth, right?

There are those that cant appreciate true workmanship.

The TJ07 is nice, not for everyone but nice. This is a very nice set of custom mods, again not for everyone but nice. Anyone that doesn't think this is a nice case with some nice work done is nuts IMO. If this was $100 or so it would probably be the most popular case on this board, but it's more than 10x that price.

This is not a Hot Deal though, not even close. It's interesting and all for those that want and are willing to spend for a very nice case but why is this in HotDeals instead of Cases & Case Modding? :confused:

I agree not a hot deal but question still stands. Will a EVGA SR-X fit in this case? You figure the high roller who buys this case will want something like a SR-X.

Good god, how is this thread still alive?!

There are 3 camps chiming away about the case in general. Camp 1 sees it as a nice case and worth the price. Camp 2 sees it as a nice case but not worth the price. Camp 3 would never pay anywhere near that price for any case.

This was never a hot deal to begin with and was only going to start a debate about $1,000+ custom cases. The debate belongs elsewhere.

^^ I wish we could weed out the clueless people on this forum

Some people drive shit boxes while others want more luxury so they go for a Lexus, Mercedes etc. Obviously those cars are just "glorified beaters"? They get you back and forth, right?

There are those that cant appreciate true workmanship.

Comparing a vehicle to a computer chassis is completely moronic. Tell you what, tote one of these down to the nearest social hangout and see how many women you can sleep with.

Lets start with the unibody.
On the outer shell it has drive bays on the upper 3/4 of the front. Murderbox has 1. Where did they all go? They are gone now and i highly doubt youll be able to tell if it was redone custom or if its welded up. Thats quality craftsmanship already.

It looks sleek, but that's not "craftsmanship." It's having SS not cut out the rest of the drive bays when they machine the unibody...

The motherboard tray.
Its been inverted. Last i checked you cant invert the stock one. Hes also changed the back of the tray as well to make it more appeasing. It also has many other cuts and holes designed for the enthusiast in mind.

Last I checked you can invert the stock motherboard tray (and I did it on my TJ07). It's a very popular and easy mod to do.

The drive bays.
This is a 100% custom unit. Its designed to be sleek like the entire case and its parts. It is that and it has a 100% custom backplane. Its not just some random backplane its designed to be more appeasing when its all put together.

This is the most custom part of the MK.II. I don't really feel that it helps the MK.II distinguish itself enough from a TJ07 though.

I wonder how many current and former TJ07 owners feel the MK.II is enough of a different product that justifies the premium.

Comparing a vehicle to a computer chassis is completely moronic. Tell you what, tote one of these down to the nearest social hangout and see how many women you can sleep with.

^^ teenagers lol

Id explain it again but you didnt get it the first time.

I wonder how many current and former TJ07 owners feel the MK.II is enough of a different product that justifies the premium.

I feel you.. Money isnt tight and I currently own a Orig Tj07 Murdermod and it just almost feels like ive grown out of spending $1200 for a case.

In for 498...

In all seriousness, I would love one of these. At $1200 its obviously steep, which is why so many here are complaining. $1200 is a budget for most mid to high end PC's. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, you betcha I'd be ordering one of these. I have the murderbox website bookmarked and show it to people who say "Mac's are so much nicer looking...". The reaction is always the same. Their jaws drop...

In for 498...

In all seriousness, I would love one of these. At $1200 its obviously steep, which is why so many here are complaining. $1200 is a budget for most mid to high end PC's. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, you betcha I'd be ordering one of these. I have the murderbox website bookmarked and show it to people who say "Mac's are so much nicer looking...". The reaction is always the same. Their jaws drop...

Hey, the original MurderBox is what got me out of Macs and into PC modding and watercooling. Whilst googling for sleek and refined computers that could be a Mac in styling, that's what I came across.

Worth the premium in every respect. Those who say otherwise are either: A) Jealous, B) Jealous, or C) Don't know what their talking about. I'm a full time student and don't have the funds to do a lot of what I used to do prior to going back to school, but I'll be damned if I let this escape me. I only have a year left of school anyway.

Worth the premium in every respect. Those who say otherwise are either: A) Jealous, B) Jealous, or C) Don't know what their talking about.

Thanks, man. I needed a good laugh.

I'm not jealous of you spending $1200 on some milled aluminium. I'm just saying that there's no value here. Aside from looks, there is absolutely no reason to buy this case.

Tell me what this case can do for me that a high-end cooler master, silverstone, or fractal can't.

The drive structure reminds me of how Thermaltake designed the trays in their Level 10 case.

Worth the premium in every respect. Those who say otherwise are either: A) Jealous, B) Jealous, or C) Don't know what their talking about. I'm a full time student and don't have the funds to do a lot of what I used to do prior to going back to school, but I'll be damned if I let this escape me. I only have a year left of school anyway.

No, we are not jealous of your terrible financial judgment. And no, it's objectively not a good deal. Period. Just because people are willing to pay a price for something doesn't make it a good deal. Waste your money if you want. Imagine us crying about not being able to afford it if that's what it takes to convince yourself that you made the right decision (you didn't).

No, we are not jealous of your terrible financial judgment. And no, it's objectively not a good deal. Period. Just because people are willing to pay a price for something doesn't make it a good deal. Waste your money if you want. Imagine us crying about not being able to afford it if that's what it takes to convince yourself that you made the right decision (you didn't).

BAZINGA, we have a winner. We're the idiots because we can't rationalize spending $1200 on a PC chassis. :p

Why do we as a community have to be so negative towards our other community members? Some of us see the value in this, and others do not, but why do you have to trash the other forum members' perspective? If it isn't for you, so be it, but don't knock someone else's choice because you don't see value in it. There are lots of "deals" posted in this subforum that I personally don't find value in, but I don't go in slamming other member's choices to purchase said item. We are a community of like minded individuals here, and as such we should show each other some modicum of respect, even if they have an opposing view.

Some may see this as the last case they buy for many years, serving their needs for many future builds to come. In that regard, it starts to make sense as a purchase. There is no future proofing as far as changing standards, but if you spread the cost of this over 4-5 builds, it starts to spread the cost over a number of upgrades. So what if you are front-loading your case budget? If it is already purchased and paid for, that leaves more purchasing room for component upgrades, or lowers your upgrade costs since you already have the case.

To each their own, but let's try and show some decency here instead of flaming your fellow forumites.

Why do we as a community have to be so negative towards our other community members? Some of us see the value in this, and others do not, but why do you have to trash the other forum members' perspective? If it isn't for you, so be it, but don't knock someone else's choice because you don't see value in it. There are lots of "deals" posted in this subforum that I personally don't find value in, but I don't go in slamming other member's choices to purchase said item. We are a community of like minded individuals here, and as such we should show each other some modicum of respect, even if they have an opposing view.

Some may see this as the last case they buy for many years, serving their needs for many future builds to come. In that regard, it starts to make sense as a purchase. There is no future proofing as far as changing standards, but if you spread the cost of this over 4-5 builds, it starts to spread the cost over a number of upgrades. So what if you are front-loading your case budget? If it is already purchased and paid for, that leaves more purchasing room for component upgrades, or lowers your upgrade costs since you already have the case.

To each their own, but let's try and show some decency here instead of flaming your fellow forumites.

You're right, flaming and trolling about how others are A. jealous, B. jealous, or C. ignorant, should not be allowed. Glad the other members rightfully put him in his place.

Whats funny is some of these same people would spend money on an eyefinity setup which I think is the biggest waste of time/money/space ever. Or how about those that spend money on tri-sli and those overclocking using freon to achieve some magical bench score lol. I wouldnt go bashing em for their choice since its their money.

You guys act all butt hurt as if someone is using your credit card to make the purchase.

Thanks, man. I needed a good laugh.

I'm not jealous of you spending $1200 on some milled aluminium. I'm just saying that there's no value here. Aside from looks, there is absolutely no reason to buy this case.

Tell me what this case can do for me that a high-end cooler master, silverstone, or fractal can't.

It looks alot more sexy :eek:

Personally, I'm not 100% sold on the aesthetic, and while the drive bay configuration is very slick, it's also a bit limiting. I'm happy with the TJ07 I modded back in 2007 (and am still using).

I agree with the poster who said that he'd rather use the money to make something completely custom.

I got a Thermaltake wing rs case for $26 and it lasted me 5 years, anything more is a waste and not a wise decision. any car that costs more than my Hyundai Sonata is a waste. the funny fact about my Nokia 6630 that I’ve been using for about 6 years now is, before 6 years I bought it second hand. I only call and receive calls so obviously anything more is a waste. just-my-opinion.

seriously though, if there was a mini murderbox I would pay $2000 for it.

Expensive since it looks exactly the same as the original murderbox which was a modified TJ07 but you could modify the TJ07 yourself with a few addons they sold (murdermod) costing a few hundred bucks.

I like the case but this has been in the works for a couple of years now I think and I don't see what's different.

Having said that I've always been a fan of Charles work, he does make some amazing mods. $1200 is about $1000 more than I would spend on a case, but it does look nice

He is Shelby to a Mustang I guess.

Last edited:
Back