The Lian Li Gallery

Why do you have the fans blowing towards the front when there aren't any exhaust fans in the front? Does the perforated front allow enough heat escape?

Bingo. System temps stay the same with rear fan either direction, however CPU temp drops about 4 degrees Celcius with the fan blowing cool air over the sink.

I can actually turn the CPU fan off and run it passive at 3GHz with 56* load temps under intel burn test.

What happened exactly? Just curious, I have the exact same card in my pc, running a maximus II formula though.

nate

it just died. ran at 100% fan and didnt post. he's running a 8600gt temporarily, which sucks since he was gonna get farcry 2 on friday.

Nice! A Cooler Master Hyper 212 on the CPU. A very underrated cooler IMHO. The four-direction orientation is what sold it for a commissioned build I did recently.

I love the Hyper 212 for the price... keeps my Quad under control nicely, nice and chilly @ 3.2GHz... I definitely agree that it's underrated.

Hey TooBooKoo how do you like that Logitech Illuminated Keyboard? You liking it?

I really like the Illuminated keyboard... but so did my wife, she stole it from me :eek:
but that's OK, she's going to get me a good Christmas gift :D

Collection.jpg

:p

it´s not another - it´s the same. :D changed from wc to air. ;)
but there ist still much work to do. some slleving, some painting, some parts to remove from case... wish i had more time....

As Tremeloes said, it is the same case he had previously watercooled. In that case he had already removed HDD cage and had waterpump here. Now he moved to aircooling - so the waterpump is not needed and he had free place. Moving PSU to other side allowed him to use full-height CPU coolers.

TooBooKoo + ATLPIMP make me want to do better/great things with my V1000 :eek:

Tremeloes makes me want to buy a V350 (which I'll be doing shortly) and try to make it beautiful :D

[bows to the 3 of you]

I haven't changed much, just made the cables kind of "flow" a little better...
I might get a different Bulgin power switch... might not... haven't decided yet.

bluelg6.jpg

blue2mj8.jpg

blue3eo3.jpg

I just sleeved a glowing sata cable and I love the effect it creates...
makes me think data is flowing through it :D

blue4kh8.jpg

blue5gr6.jpg

looks good

I haven't changed much, just made the cables kind of "flow" a little better...
I might get a different Bulgin power switch... might not... haven't decided yet.

bluelg6.jpg

Do you have your fan controller hooked up or are you just using it for temps? From the pics it looks like it's just the temps.

Where is a good spot to place the probes for the most accurate temps?

While I agree... a little piece of constructive criticism, fwiw, I think it takes away from the quality of you sleeving job when the heatshrink on the far end (near the panel cut out) is exposed.

I do think a black/red or blue switch would look 10X better.

Take it however you want.

Thanks everyone! Now I feel inspired to do something new :D

Do you have your fan controller hooked up or are you just using it for temps? From the pics it looks like it's just the temps.

Where is a good spot to place the probes for the most accurate temps?

Yes I am only using it for temps at the moment. I don't know if these would be the best places for the probes or not, but I placed my 4 in the following locations...

1. on the side of my hard drive (in between screw holes)
2. on the gpu's cooler surface
3. on the power supply (in one of the little vents)
4. on the roof of the case

While I agree... a little piece of constructive criticism, fwiw, I think it takes away from the quality of you sleeving job when the heatshrink on the far end (near the panel cut out) is exposed.

I do think a black/red or blue switch would look 10X better.

Take it however you want.

I welcome constructive criticism for sure... and I agree with both points fully.
I am definitely going to fix the heatshrink, just have to stuff it down a bit more and make sure it stays there :) and I am thinking maybe a black w/ blue light switch... or maybe black w/ white light to keep it neutral.

thanks for the reply Optional87 :)

hey TooBooKoo, do you have any pics of the keyboard lit up in the dark please?

thanks for the reply Optional87 :)

hey TooBooKoo, do you have any pics of the keyboard lit up in the dark please?

I actually didn't get a chance to take any pics of it yet... and before my wife stole it from me, she's so cute and I had to give it to her :D but that's OK she agreed to let me get something better.
I can try to get some good pics of it lit up soon enough though.

ztigerb... nice mod on that Sunbeam... I love that rig... nice work!

Here's my new rig... I just did a complete overhaul...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/jacktherussell/IMG_1895.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/jacktherussell/IMG_1894.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/jacktherussell/IMG_1906.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/jacktherussell/IMG_1900.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/jacktherussell/IMG_1914.jpg

I swapped the PCI slot cover plates with an Antec P182 SE and I love how that turned out... plus it lets a bit more heat get away from the 8800. The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 is nice, keeps the quad under control... but I hate the stock fan mounts so I modded it a bit to make the fans easily removable in case I need to clean them or swap them. Then I put rubber washers all over the place to dampen the vibrations. The green is much more green than the pictures are showing... more electric green you might say... I love it :D

"Must ask" question -- what it the fan controller used here?

Here's my work in progress V1200. Testing for leak atm and hardware should be in tomorrow.

watermmmmrg1.jpg

Didn't have time to do wire management:
waternt5.jpg

My case at this time.

IMG1428195Small-border.jpg

IMG1438196Small-border.jpg

IMG144Medium-border.jpg

IMG147_8207Small-border.jpg

IMG151Small-border.jpg

IMG200Small-border.jpg

IMG203Small-border.jpg

IMG204Small-border.jpg

IMG207_8186Small-border.jpg

IMG217Small-border.jpg

IMG210Small-border.jpg

IMG213Small-border.jpg

Last thing to do is replacing the sidepanel with this:

W-75BT-b.jpg

But this is still not sold here in the Netherlands.

Back