The Lian Li Gallery

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3782.jpg

DSCF3783.jpg

Velocity Micro LXE Exclusive Case [Modified]:

Lian Li V600:

Ooh.. How do you like the velocity micro case? I've been finding a lot of those on ebay for cheap, and supposedly, they should have the same lian-li quality..
It looks like they used the same machinery from the v1100 cases..

How is it compared w/ the v600? I was thinking about getting either...

hmm i dunno if in single channel, my old mobo config was 1color each stick, ill have to read the manual. Yes you can turn the cage around but its hassle and the sata cables have enough slack.

he means to turn them facing the other way so the cables are running in the back and are mostly hidden then.

Aren't they the _exact_ same case? I think all Velocity Micro does is re-brand the case.

Ooh.. How do you like the velocity micro case? I've been finding a lot of those on ebay for cheap, and supposedly, they should have the same lian-li quality..
It looks like they used the same machinery from the v1100 cases..

How is it compared w/ the v600? I was thinking about getting either...

The quality is the same, they are in fact made by Lian Li and are of equal quality, only thing is they don't have some of the features you may want in a Lian Li (like depending on the model of the case the top can't be removed cause it's riveted into place and they have no removable motherboard tray). The cases for Velocity Micro are made exclusively for VM, they don't just order a bunch and have them branded, they are branded during the manufacturing process by Lian Li. If you look at some of the their cases (The LX, LXE, and GX2) you won't find a Lian Li labeled counter-part anywhere.

The V600 I bought from work because we had it as a sample and they wanted to get rid of some stuff and I'm using it for a friend's PC. So far I like it but I hate the proprietary screws for the hard drive mounting, they're expensive to replace.

The V600 I bought from work because we had it as a sample and they wanted to get rid of some stuff and I'm using it for a friend's PC. So far I like it but I hate the proprietary screws for the hard drive mounting, they're expensive to replace.

My buddy has one and he had trouble getting a good overclock on his e6600 with it. You have experience or had any chance to try overclocking in this case? I've been thinking about picking one up after Christmas for another build.

My buddy has one and he had trouble getting a good overclock on his e6600 with it. You have experience or had any chance to try overclocking in this case? I've been thinking about picking one up after Christmas for another build.

It's not really a good case for overclocking unless you do some simple modifications, but it depends on your method of cooling.

Here's my PC-7B I'm workin on

Front:
frontqh5.jpg

Angle:
casefrontty1.jpg

I have a blue Bulgin led ring vandal switch I just need to wire up and cut a bit out of the front frame so it will fit since this Bulgin switch is much deeper. There will be a few more of the billet fan grills as well.

Here's my PC-7B I'm workin on.

I have a blue Bulgin led ring vandal switch I just need to wire up and cut a bit out of the front frame so it will fit since this Bulgin switch is much deeper. There will be a few more of the billet fan grills as well.

That's very nice.. Is that front 120mm mount from MNPCTECH.com? If you like the silver/black contrast (I do) that's great.. If you wished the aluminum was black, you can take it to a powder coater in your area and it should cost no more than $30 bucks or so if you want it black. Nice build, BTW.

That's very nice.. Is that front 120mm mount from MNPCTECH.com? If you like the silver/black contrast (I do) that's great.. If you wished the aluminum was black, you can take it to a powder coater in your area and it should cost no more than $30 bucks or so if you want it black. Nice build, BTW.

Yep, its an MNPC Tech grill. I love the contrast between the silver and black too. :D There will be at least 2 more on this case by the time I'm done with it. I am going to mount 2 on the side panel (complete with aluminum frame fans behind them) to replace the vent and frame mounted side fan. I am thinking of doing a 120 blowhole on the top as well but I don't know if I'll have room up there with a Silverstone 750 watt and a dvd burner.

I'm also thinking of getting a front plate like the one on your VapoLi made for it with a front blowhole and 2 holes for Bulgin switches.

I'm also thinking of getting a front plate like the one on your VapoLi made for it with a front blowhole and 2 holes for Bulgin switches.

That would just be SICK! It's one thing to snap a picture of the black/silver theme.. But to see it in person, that's what did it for me.. I've said it many times.. Pictures just don't do the black / silver theme justice!

Yeah the simple contrast is a hard look to beat. I'm going with the blue bulgin switches because the leds on my DeathAdder, G11, and Hanns-G 28 inch widescreen are all blue.

I like the idea of the front plate because then I'd just have to cut out a rectangle of the stock front panel and not chew up the whole frame of the case. It was hard enough to drill the front fan hole in this black anodized beauty.

IMG_2371.jpg

today:
IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

tomorrow:
8600GTS
2GB RAM

next week or 2:
UV green sleeving, yay.

Case is definitely a wip, wires all over til I sleeve it.. Don't feel like wasting my time.

Awww come on man, hurry up and get that black perspex already! I have read through 10 pages waiting for just that, partly because that is exactly what I want to do when I build a new PC this Summer. V1200 with black perspex window and white lighting behind it. Someone did a worklog awhile ago with that and I absolutely loved it. Your window is awesome by the way.....just need the final touch!

I'm looking at the Lian Li cube. My old PC-75 is getting cramped and the heat is immense now. It worked great when I first started, but now with 16+ hdds crammed inside, it simply isn't enough.

I've actually had to get rid of the dvd-burner to make space for hdds. My WD hdds are great, but even they can't stand the heat and it's having issues on my RAID setup. Nothing like having a hdd overheat and dropping out of the RAID array.

Been contemplating what I want. 8800GTX or Lian Li PC-343B. Almost the same price, after S&H.

thanks guys, i've got more uv stuff inside, but there's not enough UV lighting inside, once i get more UV lights i'll post another pic

My case came! Any suggestions would be nice.

Nice and clean... Just the way I like it. *drools*
DSC_0089.jpg

Not so clean... :( This case is hard for cable management, and I'm not that good. As long as the airflow is good, it's fine.
DSC_0087.jpg

This case in huge, just over 24 inches tall. It can hold 19 drives, 12 HD's and 7 Opties.
DSC_0088.jpg

yep. its cheap tubing and i had none of those anti kink stuff so i just used zip ties. im goin to upgrade to tygon tubing when i get a window so i wont worry about that.

what size wattage is that ultra -xfinity psu? what are your specs ? i have the 600watt sli one but im worried it might be a problem im having..

Wow, this thread is still going! I started this over three years ago now. I am currently in the process of selling that original case though.

I have a new love.

Here are some new (bad) pics of my A09B

The display is a Crystalfontz CF635 with the SCAB kit, mounted in an original LL cover (not finished yet).
bild361.jpg

Stealth Mod at the DVD will follow. The Zalman fancontroller will be exchanged with the CF635.
bild006wnw.jpg

Overexposed :(
bild0092wj.jpg

hi , i'm from italy....nobody have a PC-A01 ? if there are...can you post more photo ?:)

New Build from anyone that has a lian li v600b, I had like 1-1.5inch of clearance from the HSF to PSU. :p

Back