The Lian Li Gallery

EnderW said:
classic Lian Li
nice system

Agreed, I love the classics, my PC-61B was my favorite case to this day...can't wait to hopefully pickup a PC-6077B, can't find a single thing about that case (the 6077) that I don't like, and it improved on many aspects of the PC-60 that I was always a little bothered with.

Nice rigs all, keep the pics comin'. :cool:

It's not done yet, but all I really have to do is get some hose clamps for the radiator, and epoxy in the hose barbs. switching to 3/8" tubing proved to be a bit more of a chore than it should have been (I've only got a dremel and a phillips-head screw-driver for tools, it sucks)
pb2300016xo.jpg

pb2300020rc.jpg

pb2300047yz.jpg

pb2300066cm.jpg

I can't wait to get my V1100b plus system put together, hopefully next week. I shall reserve this space to post pics.

Its a PS1 LCD, Mounted to the front with double sided mounting tape, Floppy cage stayed in but bottom thumbscrew can't be screwed in due to contact. Powered off the PSU using a cigarrete adapter, and the cable for the signal ir routed under the mobo out the back and in the composite port of the vivo cable in the first pic. Would love to do the vga mod but not that adventurous.

damn i need a new desk.

nice, clean, attractive, excellent job. What you need is not so much a new desk as some wire management beneath it. When i looked at the pic I thought it was my desk except i didn't see the APC and two power strips that accompany it. :p

ok, MR lazy me or is it fear (I don't know) has all his parts for now. I have to put the rest of it together. I just love seeing peoples parts (Plus Case!)before they actually build so thought I would do the same. It's almost like Christmas :) I have ALWAYS wanted a Lian Li case and went with the PC-7B custom modded for me rather than the new V series without modding.

Do not think I need to be specific with ALL the parts cause you guys are way over my head in modding as I see here and will know. This is just my pre-happy show and tell. I WILL FINISH THIS WEEK!?!?!?! I am taking allot of other parts from my old Case Rigg so this is just the un-used stuff. It will be Blue LED and Blue/purple UV Modd.

It's a PC-7B Modded
IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

Adding a photo:
img_3158.jpg

tanjO said:
and they look very nice, i've never seen them before, are they custom?

Not at all, Circuit City sells them from 12.99 to 19.99. Antec Cobra Cable 2 IDE's and 1 Floppy. They reflect UV light really well, I tested them the other day.

tanjO said:
Shame we dont have Circuit City over here then.. :)

I would not give up, do a search for Antec Cobra Cable UV. The Model numbers are: cobra A26 for ide and cobra F16 for floppy. I can't see how with a little searching you can find a set.

I even think Antec has made a whole new site just for modding stuff.

MrMitch said:
Its a PS1 LCD, Mounted to the front with double sided mounting tape, Floppy cage stayed in but bottom thumbscrew can't be screwed in due to contact. Powered off the PSU using a cigarrete adapter, and the cable for the signal ir routed under the mobo out the back and in the composite port of the vivo cable in the first pic. Would love to do the vga mod but not that adventurous.

damn i need a new desk.
so you used a RCA to 3.5 adapter?
and how exactly are you powering it?

Actually i just used the origonal A/V cable that came with it, found a site with all the info on which each wire did, cut it and put a rca plug on it.

As for powering it.

lcdpower.jpg

Its a little ghetto but works great and hides in teh 5 1/2 inch bays just fine.

DSC02454.jpg

This is when I got mostly everything in... I will be changing a few things around and when my equipment gets here I will begin routing wires for the psu and ill definately be shortening that floppy cable for the creative xfi.

DSC02448.jpg

Peek a boo

newdesk.jpg

nice guys, I'm seein' some faily cool stuff that is still making it hard for me not to move over to an XPC for my next few rigs, as well as my next/first extreme cooling endeavor...if funds ever allow. :rolleyes:

heres my new baby (im still in the process of routing wires, 'modding', and building this sucker):
LianLi1.jpg

LianLi4.jpg

LianLi5.jpg

N_Raged said:
How effective is that cpu duct?

Well I will put it like this... if you have the blower fan on the rear of the case sucking in air like intended and you have the cpu fan blowing towards your ram the cpu temps idle are 32 and mobo temp was 45 for some reason.
Under load both jumped ot 50.

Then I opened the front of the case and opened a cd rom drive and you could just feel HEAT fly out of that duct.

So I took the HSF off and turned the fan to blow air outside of the case, and the 120mm blows air out of the case. So now my ram doesnt get any airflow but all hot air is sucked out of the case. I am trying to figure out how I can get another 120mm fan in that case to blow air on the mobo.

temps are now 41idle on the cpu and 41 on the mobo and under load mobo is still 40-41 and the cpu is 45.

So the isolation duct is awesome because it focuses the airflow coming in the case on your components but the little vaccuum blower on the case up top doesnt suck out as much air as that 120 is putting in.

So regardless of how lian li decided air was supposed to go in and out of the case, just make sure everything blows out of the case and you will be gold.

I have spent about 3hrs looking at all the LL rigs and throughout the site at other Modd's. I have to say I feel some what dwarfed by them compared to what I will post of my LL Modd. I put up some parts on the page before and am going to build next week but MAN, the stuff I see here is Crazy good. Like looking at car kits and Pimp my ride stuff but better.

I hope my Rig when it's built, even though it's not a rig like some of the others I have seen, still looks great.

apHytHiaTe said:
That would be a vantec nexus.

Yup! I did allot of looking around for my parts. I wanted form and functionality in all my components. I needed to have at my big bays free for my LCD HD coolers.

This is my baby, my Lian-Li PC65-B

With no side panel
no_sidepanel.jpg

With side panel on
side_panel.jpg

The Back, I added another 80mm Fan and got rid of the grils.
back_view.jpg

A 3/4 View
3-4.jpg

120mm Blowhole on top
top.jpg

Side View of UV fans
uv_side.jpg

Top of UV fan
uv_top.jpg

I turned around my hd cage... woot had to drill =(

OLD
DSC02454.jpg

and that was previously a 250 gig 8mb western digital Caviar drive that was on the master ide cable and has been replaced with a 250 gig sata 2 16mb cache caviar drive from WD.

DSC02534.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

the ide cable is still in the way in that picture but its not in the machine anymore. I just finished ordering the sleeving for the psu so im going to eliminate any of the terminals that do not require use.

spacekeeter said:
looks very nice, way cleaner. Gj ^.0

Yeah I got black molex connectors for all of the white ones on the board and the sleeving and h/s should be in soon so I can neaten up those annoying twisty wires. And eliminate the daisy chain molex connectors. Extend what needs to be extended etc etc.

spacekeeter said:
Does the sidepanel have a window to show off your sexy puter?
No i've only seen a select few of these boxes with a side window...

Back