The Lian Li Gallery

Om1kron said:
I cant bring myself to hack my case =(

om1kron NICE idea with the hard drive cage, im stealing it for my V1000. I reversed my hard drives but they don't lock in place, they are shifted slightly forward to allow room for the sata connectors but now im gonna try your mod.

what size drill bit did u use?
&
on the v1100, the panel with the sound insulation, does it allow room to hide cables behind the mobo tray

thanks

spacekeeter said:
This is my baby, my Lian-Li PC65-B
With side panel on
side_panel.jpg

Man I love this, and will paint mine black most likely if I can find the time to do it. I have seen one guy did this in a flat black. I almost blew a fuse looking at it.

Check it out! http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=771137&page=1

aldy402 said:
om1kron NICE idea with the hard drive cage, im stealing it for my V1000. I reversed my hard drives but they don't lock in place, they are shifted slightly forward to allow room for the sata connectors but now im gonna try your mod.

what size drill bit did u use?

7/64 I had some drill bits I got from walmart and I pretty much just put them in the existing hole until one fit... you gotta measure it right though because they could not be evenly spaced and the cages may look a bit weird like mine.

on the v1100, the panel with the sound insulation, does it allow room to hide cables behind the mobo tray

It doesnt really thats why im glad it has a lock slide and not me sliding it on from the back to lock it back onto the case. You have to organize the wires as flat as possible or the side of the case will buck out...

Thats why im eliminating connectors that I dont need and extending wires as necessary.

I built this a few weeks before I went to college and had never gotten around to posting pictures but here is my computer:

Side Panel
DSC000141.JPG

Front
DSC000161.JPG

Bright Lit Side Panel
DSC000271.JPG

No Flash Lit Side Panel
DSC000281.JPG

Lit Front
DSC000351.JPG

where did you get the etching done? It looks pretty good, it came out really nice from the origional picture.

infini said:
I finaly got my ass off of my Capt. Chair and spent all night Rebuilding my system from a Chieftek Dragon Case to this awsome LL. It will be Blue LED and Blue/purple UV Modd. I am keeping some of the parts pics for ref and then the new semi-finished, but working PC-7B LL. OH! Please don't be HARD on me about the wire placement. Simply not enough room as I thought I would have. I will get another PSU soon and do a cable/wire refit.

It's a PC-7B Modded
IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

img_3166.jpg
img_3164.jpg
img_3162.jpg
img_3171.jpg
img_3170.jpg
img_3173.jpg
img_3179.jpg

It looks more Blue LED than Blue/purple UV Modd but believe me it's the camera. In person you can really see the blend of UV Purple and Blue. The pics don't do it justice.

So there it is, my 1st real Modd. Well sort of real, I did not re-build the case from scratch , making new parts and molding faceplates and hand paint the thing or do some of the incredible Modds I see here but it's my Baby and I have to say I am pretty proud of myself for doing it. NEXT after I do a Wire/Cable refit I will post more so you can see all the great hard core hardware inside. If you look at my spec. sheet you know it's worth showing off nice and neat.

I've post in here before, but since I put new stuff in it, and did some more mods here's some more (new) pics:

mycomp3.jpg

installed.jpg

installed3.jpg

finished4.jpg

Current configuration:
Pentium 4 - 3.4EE @ 3.6Ghz
eVGA 7800GT 465/1150
OCZ 2x1Gb 3200 2-3-2-5-1T
Albatron PX915P4C Pro
74GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm HD
NEC 4x2.4x12 DVD+RW
Soundblaster Audigy
Lian-Li PC-60
Thermalright XP-90C
Thermaltake 480W PSU
Combo 3.5": Floppy & 7-in-1 card reader
Blue Cold Cathode, lighted fans, etc.
Logitech MX1000
Sony 21" Trinitron
http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/shizzy.html <-- screenshots & benchmarks

I drilled about an inch wide hole to route my cables then duct taped them to the back of the motherboard tray, I think you did too chrisf6969. I should be getting a digital camera soon, but probably by the time I do my computer will be sold to my friend (need money to build a new gaming monster for 2006) :D

Intel_Inside said:
I drilled about an inch wide hole to route my cables then duct taped them to the back of the motherboard tray, I think you did too chrisf6969. I should be getting a digital camera soon, but probably by the time I do my computer will be sold to my friend (need money to build a new gaming monster for 2006) :D

in the 2nd & 4th picture you can barely see the hole I cut. Mine is actually about 2" around and I used the same trim that they have on the back of the 5.25" bay area. Even though my hole was perfect with no sharp edges, to make the look consistant, I used the exact same stuff.

tress said:
Finally finished my V1000...

1-841264.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

2-858319.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

3-15667.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4-297364.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Wow! Now that is one slick black Cadillac! Very nice! Good Work.

yea i even pm'ed tress professing my love for his build. sigh...... but itt is so awesome... its warranted right? RIGHT!?

slats said:

where did you get the window for that badass machine???

Wouldnt mind getting a silver version for my new machine im going to build. Nice job!

Thanks!
The panel is just the stock LL side panel that came with a window and I used a dremel to cut out the bottom portion to something that kind of matched the shape. Then it was just a matter of painting and mounting some modders mesh to the inside of the panel. I did the same thing to the centers of the handles on top.

A few pics of my PC-61P.

Modified front filter cage. Cut out a single large hole with my tin snips so that there's less obstruction for airflow. Filter used is actually meant for aircons.

Superlon damping material was used on the case rear, bottom and both side panels. Empty bay covers as well. It does muffle fan noise quite abit, but not to the point of silence.

Elastic HDD suspension setup in the 3.5" bay. This was the single greatest difference in terms of noise. Previously, I could hear my HDD everytime it made a seek. Now, I can only hear a slight whine.

Overall shot of the system. The CM 80mm Alu fan is fantasticly quiet even at 12v, but the 120mm variant isn't as impressive, so that intake is running at 5v.

Cheers. :D

very well done evilnick, and thanks for posting the important detail shots of what you did. the pursuit of silence!

slats said:

Here's what it looks like today, just some minor changes...
1corner-948301.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1side-641065.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2corner-407324.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2side-33599.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4corner-219838.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5side-454227.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wowowowoowowowowoowowowowowoowowowowoowowow

where is that damn drooling icon?

anyways i was gonna post my system updated as of hte work i did yesterday but uh yea im gonna go ahead and wait until this goes to another page cuz my lili caaaaannnnooooottt be on the same page as your lili tress!

so am i correct when i see that you switched the wheels around? put hte back wheels at front so the brake is up front?

and is there a custom bracket being used for your hdd's? (i drilled out my rivets since i have an early revision of the case then moved it about an inch and a half forward, the cage that is) i like the idea since i know i wont be using more than 2 hdds anyway.

i mean there is tons of things i like (bulkhead connectors, black optical drive casings, plexi up the side of the drive bay, etc) but those questions are what really jump out at me!

great work man for real!

el rolio said:
wowowowoowowowowoowowowowowoowowowowoowowow

where is that damn drooling icon?

anyways i was gonna post my system updated as of hte work i did yesterday but uh yea im gonna go ahead and wait until this goes to another page cuz my lili caaaaannnnooooottt be on the same page as your lili tress!

so am i correct when i see that you switched the wheels around? put hte back wheels at front so the brake is up front?

and is there a custom bracket being used for your hdd's? (i drilled out my rivets since i have an early revision of the case then moved it about an inch and a half forward, the cage that is) i like the idea since i know i wont be using more than 2 hdds anyway.

i mean there is tons of things i like (bulkhead connectors, black optical drive casings, plexi up the side of the drive bay, etc) but those questions are what really jump out at me!

great work man for real!

Thanks roli. yes you are correct I switched the wheels around and the HDD bracket I made out of heavy gauge sheet metal; I originally made one out of plexiglass but the sheet metal took up less room and was alot stronger.

yea at that point its outta my skill range, fabricating and all that. aiit i got a pic or two as this system is coming along, aint finished yet tho and since im here on a new page i feel safe to post mine heh. :rolleyes:

dfi_sli_part2%20038.jpg

dfi_sli_part2%20032.jpg

dfi_sli_part2%20029.jpg

el rolio said:
yea at that point its outta my skill range, fabricating and all that. aiit i got a pic or two as this system is coming along, aint finished yet tho and since im here on a new page i feel safe to post mine heh. :rolleyes:

dfi_sli_part2%20038.jpg

dfi_sli_part2%20032.jpg

dfi_sli_part2%20029.jpg

Very nice rolio!!

tress> Diggin it bro. Real nice. Love the flames and the brake for the wheels being brought to the front. Never liked it in the back.

Hard911 said:
how do you get that blue color dye? is it from Koolance?

if its me you asking: its pentosin anti-freeze for german cars. their antifreeze is blue not this crazy green color.

tress said:
2corner-407324.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Whew, well I think it is a masterpiece. Perfect. Nothing seems overdone, or underdone. Makes me with I got the V series instead.

I am waiting for my new UV RED cables to come and all my Wire Management stuff, it should be much nicer then. But well not as nice as yours.
img_3166.jpg

Hard911 said:
how do you get that blue color dye? is it from Koolance?
Actually no, I tried the dye from AC and never got very good results so I found the UV tubing at frozen CPU and went with that. there isn't anything added in the water except ACFluid.

tress said:
1corner-948301.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, very nice. Whered you get that window kit with the vent on the bottom? Or did you hack it yourself?

tress said:
1corner-948301.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
1side-641065.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
2corner-407324.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
2side-33599.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
4corner-219838.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
5side-454227.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

OMFG!@!!!1

Did you chrome some panels on the inside???

Nice flames too!

paintb4707 said:
Wow, very nice. Whered you get that window kit with the vent on the bottom? Or did you hack it yourself?
Thanks, The bottom window was made with a Dremel and some painted modders mesh.

Good GOD tress, your forum title might state that you're a noobie, but I think we can all see one thing that you're NOT a noobie at. ;)

That is truely a work of art...and it's things like this that are really pushing me to buy my Lian-Li PC-6077 early...way before I can afford the rig itself...and cut/paint/do it up...so you can at least see partially what I've got stored away in my head for it.

A friend of mine as an older 1800+ AXP budget rig he could sell me really cheap, and I think I'm gonna take it after xmas just to have SOMEthing more then this P2-350, and even though the ugly brown mobo and whatnot will look horrid in the LiLi, I still really need to get my hands on the case.

Thank you for rekindling the flame that had almost gone out deep down inside me and driving me once more to try and dig up the cash soon rather then later to pickup what will hopefully be my last case for a LONG time and start working on it. :D

:cool:

It keeps cool air in to the case , but system noise come from a open space.
I'll remove it during in winter :p .
img3665resize2pz.jpg

ohhhh where did you get that bad boy.... look nice...

Props if you made it too!

damm trees that amazing...

Im seriously thinking they made that case for watercooling...

cornelious0_0 said:
Thank you for rekindling the flame that had almost gone out deep down inside me and driving me once more to try and dig up the cash soon rather then later to pickup what will hopefully be my last case for a LONG time and start working on it. :D:

its the never the last case.. the last 3 cases i have owned i thought were my last...

Back