The Lian Li Gallery

What case is that?

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=133&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61

Very nice, IMO. Here's one I had for about a week.

now-1.jpg

Some new shots of my system, gotta love the simplicity of Lian Li's. Props to AVAdirect for neat cabling. Please mind the dust!
dsc0139cc9.jpg

dsc0230js1.jpg

dsc0231dg9.jpg

dsc0232ma8.jpg

dsc0233nl1.jpg

dsc0234hq6.jpg

now i can shoe some final pics. hope you like it:

Absolutely stunning :eek:
Gorgeous... there is no other word for it.
I am officially putting this on my most visually pleasing things of all time list... up there with Dualbrain's "Black Copper" and my white Evo X and my wife and Megan Fox :p
I am currently working to get my V1000 where it can be submitted to MDPC... congrats on that... I will be downloading that wallpaper from MDPC when you get it up there.

Well it is done. Worklog here.

Finally.

Specs:

QX6850 @ 3.6ghz 1.35v w/ Koolance CPU340 waterblock
EVGA 680i with Koolance northbridge block GPU200
2 x 8800GTX with DD waterblocks currently at 600mhz Core
Koolance PMP-400 Pump with Koolance Top
Koolance Radiator with 3 Yateloon Mediums
Silverstone ESA module
2x2gb Adata 800MHZ Ram
1 WD 750GB HDD
1 LG DVD-RW

And here are the pictures.

PICT0886.JPG

First and overall view of the case. Notice no drives showing. The replacement Black Vandal proof switches from Performance-PCs. And also the front ports that I installed into the case. Sorry about the color. The Red paint on the plastic parts comes out Orange close to the flash, further away towards the back of the case the true color shows up.

PICT0890.JPG

My first stealthed drive bay worked out perfectly. Opens with no problems and if you didnt know where it was you couldn't open it.

PICT0885.JPG

PICT0884.JPG

Some shots of the inside the bulkhead worked out perfectly. The cards will not move up or down. The Southbridge/MCP heatsink pictured earlier just couldn't keep the MCP below 100C and that would cause the machine to crash. So got one of the EVGA MCP fan units and painted it. For some reason when I turn the lights on and off the fan stops working. Waiting on EVGA/Nvidia for some tech support on that.

PICT0883.JPG

Back of the case. Next time need to do a little better job cutting the back open for the motherboard tray. Had to use a motherboard tray so that I could clear the radiator at the top of the chassis.

PICT0875.JPG

PICT0861.JPG

Open you can see the bulkhead seperating the Wires from the motherboard side of the chassis.

PICT0873.JPG

Really crappy picture of the UV lights on the resevoir. I have yet to find a set of UV light LEDs I would place anywhere that you could see the led body itself. I will try to update this picture when I find my tripod.

So that is it. All the problems I had with the video card, power supplies, and motherboard are behind me. The machine appears to be working perfectly with no issues. Have already taken it to a Lan party and everyone liked it. It will be at PDXLan 12.5 and PDXLan 13, Hope I see some of you guys there.

nlancaster...
That is a sexy... I am sucker for red and black. I love the liquid tubes and that paint is gorgeous red... great job.

nlancaster...
That is a sexy... I am sucker for red and black. I love the liquid tubes and that paint is gorgeous red... great job.

The aluminum is actually anodized. The plastic parts are painted. I even anodized the black mosfet heatsinks on the motherboard.

I live near portland oregon and I us Electro-Chem Finishing. If you live near any metropolitan area you should be able to find a place localy that will do it for you.

Does anybody knows where I can buy EX-33N (not EX-33N1 - i need it with fan) for Lian Li? Anyone who makes international deliveries - anywhere in the world.... :D

Thanks!!!!!! ;)

Another thing that I'm interested in is "Lian Li PC-343B 3 X 5.25" Fan Module with Mesh Front and Filter".....does it fit in v2010? Is it universal? I want to put a fan in front of case....

New parts came today, still need to sleeve the front USB/1394 cables... left the supplies at work.

now-3.jpg

bigcables.jpg

Do you have to take out the divider to polish it? Do you use some kind of metal polish?

To do a *good* job, yes... but the alluminum used in this case, is low quality IMO, and can be very easy to burn (quality of image reflection) if you're not careful.

Brasso < mine

If all I had to polish with was brasso, I wouldn't even bother.

So its better to strip the whole case just for a shiny bottom panel,i have since put some black sound proofing stuff in the bottom of my case.

Does a good job include the scratches?
bigcables.jpg

My water loop is finished,i just need to sleeve my atx24/atx8 and pci-e leads now and it will be finished.There are no cables visible at all across the mb now,its looking good.I have cut holes in the motherboard tray,and the sata's,front panel inc audio and front usb's all go behind the board.

Does a good job include the scratches?

I don't want an argument, so as long as we both understand that ;) That must be dust, or something my camera picked up... looking at it now, in that pic, it looks like a dog hair.

I will be honest and say there are a couple scratches on the tray... around the heatsink, where the fan clips are installed. They can be tricky. This having nothing to do with my poliseh job, but a 'slip'

There's also a few spots about the size of a dime that are a bit fuzzy, see my previous statement about the alluminum's quality.

BTW, you can't really polish alluminum without 'scratching' it up some... but maybe Brasso works better for you. 'grain'

polishflash.jpg

Did you not consider cutting the motherboard tray so the wires could come from behind it? i did it on mine and it looks awefully tidy now,specially with the water block on my card.

EDIT-the trouble is,it dont stay shiny for long.With the black sidepanel,it looks good with black material in the bottom,makes kinda an optical illusion from a distance between the sidepanel and the case bottom.

Did you not consider cutting the motherboard tray so the wires could come from behind it? i did it on mine and it looks awefully tidy now,specially with the water block on my card.

EDIT-the trouble is,it dont stay shiny for long.With the black sidepanel,it looks good with black material in the bottom,makes kinda an optical illusion from a distance between the sidepanel and the case bottom.

I decided against it, in my case. I think it looks pretty good, with only one cut to the case made.

The polsihed alluminum will stay shiny for quite a while. Consider two things: the rouge I used to polish it seals (not literally, and not as good as other products can) the surface, and the case is inside. Not like a car/bike exposed to the elements (rain/washing).

Back