The Lian Li Gallery

cornelious0_0 said:
Aww.....come on now. ;)

I know WTX-Mod is not a name for a right angel SATA cabel??? How lame, MFGs will put the work "MOD" on anythign to sell to noobs...

Nice, where'd you order those?
koegs said:
On Monday i have ordered 30 UV-LEDs with steel casings.

uv_200.jpg
fassungenws_200.jpg

I(illa Bee said:
How lame, MFGs will put the work "MOD" on anythign to sell to noobs...

What's worse is how effective it is.....people are just so hungry for attention that they think a little 90 degree cable is gonna make their rig pimp. :p

anyone have any pics of the wtx mod? i have a coolermaster case now insted of the pc65b and i was wondering if i could still do it

Dillusion said:
anyone have any pics of the wtx mod? i have a coolermaster case now insted of the pc65b and i was wondering if i could still do it

I'm not considering the mod at all, but I'd also still like to see pics if anyone has some kickin' around or knows a good link or two. ;)

i know the mobo tray is on a rail system type of deal, do you have to unscrew the rivets on the rail and move it to the other side? :confused:

btw cornellyoos, yer on this forum way too much, its 5 AM FFS

Dillusion said:
i know the mobo tray is on a rail system type of deal, do you have to unscrew the rivets on the rail and move it to the other side? :confused:

btw cornellyoos, yer on this forum way too much, its 5 AM FFS

I'm gonna be on the road with my parents for about 3 hours today and I had about 3 partitions to get setup so I figured I might as well just stay up and sleep in the car. :p

It does look kinda silly with the PSU still up top but it's still a nice mod, and really.....not that complicated.

With heat rising off of an AGP card I would think it's a good layout to have the PSU in the same spot.

CrimandEvil said:
With heat rising off of an AGP card I would think it's a good layout to have the PSU in the same spot.

This is exactly what a WTX-Mod is for (and to show off the uber-cooler on your gfx-card) :D

Dillusion said:
i still dont get how to do it, how do you create a rail for your mobo tray?
I believe you just remove the current rails and move them to the other side.

CrimandEvil said:
I believe you just remove the current rails and move them to the other side.

That's more or less what I was thinking too. It would be an interesting mod.....and possibly something I could "add onto" my modded Li-Li after I'm bored with it. :p

viper had one done. it makes perfect sense in terms of a cooling standpoint, plus it looks different and not alot of people have it (yet...). upon staring at my case forever, it looks like all you'd need to do, is take out mobo sliding rail and move it ot the otherside, cut a couple of holes big enough on the back for it actually slide in, and either cut the harddrive cage, or just remove it. the holes line up and the sides are deep enough to allow for it to happen. if i can find some decent, large pictures on the web of the back and insides i'd post some diagrams.

my only reservations about it are that how is the Video card going to get enough cooling?

exhibit A and B:
lian-liback.jpg

in this, the red box is where the slots are at stock, it would seem to me that you'd have to make a couple of cuts the same size as the red into where the green would be and you're good
lian-liinside.jpg

now on this, just move the blue tray slider to the opposite side, you can do this by riveting them out, and drilling holes on the otherside. now, the problem arises in the length of the mobo tray, because it appears on here to extend past the harddrive cage, which is okay for the stock, but i think it bumps into the harddrive cage in the WTX, so ya can either just cut the cage or take it out completely.

i just noticed this: viper has the WTX working (but he sold it he said) but i just noticed the 5.25" floppy he's sporting. wtf mate

i can somebody saying it now: "200 dollar photo program and he's making squiggle lines with it..."

Good stuff flat4, I'm really not "into" the look of that stock window since I got mine custom cut, but it still looks darn nice. ;)

i would do a custom window but i dont have a stedy hand. so this will have to do for now.

flat4 said:
i would do a custom window but i dont have a stedy hand. so this will have to do for now.

Bro, I just realised something......you did your interior all black....just like mine will be. :D

Thx for giving me an early shot of what it'll look like, except my interior and exterior are both going to be the same autobody finish gloss black and will blend very nicely.

Still though, thx for giving me that early shot so i can at least hold the image in my head of how pimp'd my LiLi is gonna be. :D

Here are a few of my Lian Li mod´s.
These are relatively simple, but I am working on a V1100B now, which should be done by January.
I will post that mod, when it has been completed.

75b1.jpg

75b1.JPG

75b2.JPG

75b3.JPG

pc651.jpg

pc652.jpg

pc653.jpg

pc655.jpg

pc656.jpg

pc657.jpg

Hehe, unless cuts have to be made I still don't consider CCFL's and watercooling a mod, but they are a couple of very nice LianLi's.....reminds me of what my FIRST PC60 was like when I had the Nexus in the Top bay also. :p

God damn I wish I had a camera....I really need to show you guys how this is coming. :(

cornelious0_0 said:
Hehe, unless cuts have to be made I still don't consider CCFL's and watercooling a mod, but they are a couple of very nice LianLi's.....reminds me of what my FIRST PC60 was like when I had the Nexus in the Top bay also. :p

God damn I wish I had a camera....I really need to show you guys how this is coming. :(

I my eyes, a mod is not the dertermination that something has been cut with a powertool, or any drastic measures have been made. A mod i simply an alteration of the original design, and can be done by lights / h2o / Phase Change etc etc.
That is simply how I see it.
What would determine a mod ? That a fangrill has been cut out ?

You have to get your hands on a camera, so we can se ;)

Daniel Andrew Lowe said:
I my eyes, a mod is not the dertermination that something has been cut with a powertool, or any drastic measures have been made. A mod i simply an alteration of the original design, and can be done by lights / h2o / Phase Change etc etc.
That is simply how I see it.
What would determine a mod ? That a fangrill has been cut out ?

You have to get your hands on a camera, so we can se ;)

I appreciate and respect the fact that we have different viewpoints on this, but yes....to me an actual MOD is something that involves cutting or altering the case itself....personally I see lighting and cooling as additions, and not alterations.....but I look a little to far into some things, and just like to get technical. ;)

I've got a couple friends with digicams so if I can't end up with my own after xmas I'll give one of 'em a call early next month when the mods should also be done. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
I appreciate and respect the fact that we have different viewpoints on this, but yes....to me an actual MOD is something that involves cutting or altering the case itself....personally I see lighting and cooling as additions, and not alterations.....but I look a little to far into some things, and just like to get technical. ;)

I've got a couple friends with digicams so if I can't end up with my own after xmas I'll give one of 'em a call early next month when the mods should also be done. :D

That is a very valid point. I did a "mod" on a Shuttle once, that really have all the waypoints that you would call a mod, but I see your point that these two, are very limited in their complexity, and are to say the least simple as hell to perform.

Sounds good. A picture is worth a million words ;)

Daniel Andrew Lowe said:
Sounds good. A picture is worth a million words ;)

Hehe, yeah....even though I've probly already "used" those million words telling ppl about it and explaining what the looks like, and is GOING to look like. ;)

Cracks me up to see cases that are perfectly clean inside with no cabling mess, and then the user takes a pic of his/her super-neat case in a room that could've come straight out of Escape From New York... :)

Torquemada XP said:
Cracks me up to see cases that are perfectly clean inside with no cabling mess, and then the user takes a pic of his/her super-neat case in a room that could've come straight out of Escape From New York... :)

Haha, I hear that.....which is why I'm getting up as I speak to clean mine.....a few system upgrades/changes along with finishing some voltmods on teh XT-PE has left my room QUITE a disaster. :p

But yeah, I'm done with my hijacking....back on topic ppl. :p

vapb400 said:
are the HD racks and the external 3.5" racks on the PC-65/PC-60 both removable?

Yes, two thumbscrews hold in the HDD cage (which can hold a very nice 5 drives) which slides out easily, and once you remove the front bezel of the case (in all of 3 seconds) there are 3 thumbscrews holding in the external 3.5" cage....which then slides out the front of the case.

A lot of ppl are a little too used to drive rails and things from other cases, but I loooove the accessability in and out of this case. :cool:

Back