The Lian Li Gallery

We have the same case Shoggy.

By the way, that turned out very good! I'm impressed. When I look at it with the lights, it just gives me a cold feeling.... like the liquid is ice cold, along with the whole inside.

I like it ^_^

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Mr. Miyagi, just for you ;)

Hardware
Athlon 64 3200+
MDT 2x 1024MB
MSI K8T Neo-FSR
Sapphire X800 Pro
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Intel Pro Server Adapter

Samsung SP1614C
Aopen DVD1648/AAP
Teac CD-W516EB

be Quiet 350W

Watercooling
cuplex evo
twinplex CS & ATI
APE 360
aquatube
aquaero
aquastream

It hurts to think how much you spent on that case!

£30 on the switches ALONE.

So well done though man, you brought a box to life

After six months in storage, I finally put together my rig last night:

With KO SLI, five low speed case fans, passive PSU and a Coolermaster LED fan on a TT Big Typhoon, this thing is impressively quiet. Cable routing (I love the reflex cable):

Window mod:

This is where all those extra cables go:

Close up of the Raptor and WD:

Upper chamber front fan intake mod running at 600rpm:

Lotsa blue LED fans:

IMG_0286%20(Large).JPG

CornerCarver, your sig is WAY to long...forum rules clearly state 10 lines max, and you're at 21, please revise it.

On another note, how you likin' that Viewsonic? I saw the 20" Widescreen version at a local store last week...fricken nice display.

Corner Carver... nice setup - where did you get that desk? I am looking for one like that for PC number 2.

Also, the subwoofer for the Altec Lansing MX5021 is NOT magnetically shielded... it is kinda close to that PC... you may wish to move the subwoofer to the right

BobNoxious said:
Also, the subwoofer for the Altec Lansing MX5021 is NOT magnetically shielded... it is kinda close to that PC... you may wish to move the subwoofer to the right

Good call man, always nice to have people roaming around that know those sort of things...as I'm fairly "in the dark" when it comes to anything audio related. :p

I really like the vented front on the lian-li. Is it louder with those than the solid fronts?

aburgard said:
I really like the vented front on the lian-li. Is it louder with those than the solid fronts?

More noise and more dust. But they do run cooler because ventilation is better. If you run a quieter/ lower speed fan, the noise is less.

I have a P180 with a passive CPU cooler and I run Nexus fans. My Lian Li V1000 is just as quiet running Coolermaster fans at 600-1000rpm, and this is with SLI 780gtx KO cards.

What have you done with your video card, or is that passive also? I have 2 Nexus fans, and another on my headsink. The CPU fan and CASE_1 fan are motherboard controlled and the other is on a 7V fan extension. Right now I keep the fan on my GeForce 6800 unhooked because it's so bloody loud. My Zalman VF700-CU from Newegg should be here tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. It's a pain hooking up the fan every time I want to play a game.

I even dropped the case on one of them Nexus Drive-A-Way HDD enclosures (I was in a spending mood). Makes the HDD near silent but there's no front fan on top in the V1000 so its temps aren't as low as they could be.

athlon64_s.JPG

What do I do with those extra molex connectors on the Nexus fans?

I'm considering moving the HDD enclosure into the bottom compartment but I'm not sure how to hold it down yet. I'm thinking the 4 rubber feet that came with the case plus zip ties throught he bottom grating. Ideas?

Hey I have a question for all you V1200 owners, is there a window that you can buy for tthe v1200 like the one that comes with the v1000 (See here ) or would that panel work with the v1200?

aburgard said:
What have you done with your video card, or is that passive also? I have 2 Nexus fans, and another on my headsink. The CPU fan and CASE_1 fan are motherboard controlled and the other is on a 7V fan extension. Right now I keep the fan on my GeForce 6800 unhooked because it's so bloody loud. My Zalman VF700-CU from Newegg should be here tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. It's a pain hooking up the fan every time I want to play a game.

Heh, I would hope he's not running his 7800GTX KO's passively...can't say they'd really last too long. Nice thing is that the coolers on those KO cards are actually very nice, so there isn't usually a HUGE reason to swap them out for something else.

I know that they're not the hottest running cards in the world, but I'm surprised that you haven't run into any issues with that card being passively cooled. The VF700 should serve you well...they're not loud at all (especially in comparison to the tiny fan on that 6800) and cool very well. There's actually a great number of people I've seen running the same cooler on their X1800XT's with fairly nice results...so you should be good to go.

aburgard said:

I even dropped the case on one of them Nexus Drive-A-Way HDD enclosures (I was in a spending mood). Makes the HDD near silent but there's no front fan on top in the V1000 so its temps aren't as low as they could be.

What do I do with those extra molex connectors on the Nexus fans?

I'm considering moving the HDD enclosure into the bottom compartment but I'm not sure how to hold it down yet. I'm thinking the 4 rubber feet that came with the case plus zip ties throught he bottom grating. Ideas?

I am running 7800gtx SLI with an Antec Phantom 500w completely PASSIVE. The video cards themselves have the stock fan/cooler on them.The 7800gtx stock fan is quieter than the one that came on my 6800gt. Quiet enough that I haven't considered throwing on an aftermarket cooler.

I once forgot to connect the fan power plug to my VF-700Cu on a 6800gt for several days and it ran fine (didn't do any heavy gaming). Almost had a heat attack, but the card is fine.

I have used a similar HDD holder. If you unscrew the exisiting HDD rack in the bottom you can attach rubber/silicone/neoprene strips and secure it pretty easily. If you don't kick your case around you don't even have to tie them down. They are pretty heavy and won't want to budge.

Can't you unplug the molex connectors on the Nexus and use the 3 pin mobo connector?

Can't you unplug the molex connectors on the Nexus and use the 3 pin mobo connector?

Agreed, I'd go as far as to cut the 4pin connection right off for wiring purposes if you're not worried about having to redo the wiring job or sell the fans.

That's me though, I chopped a bunch of lines off my 520W OCZ Powerstream to clean up wiring, cus that was more important to me at the time than selling the thing.

Thanks for the help.

I do notice a small sqeak in the VF700-CU fan at 5v but it's definately more quiet than the stock cooler. The highest reading I've seen on the 6800 is about 52*C now. Still not as quiet as it could have been. I don't see why they don't have fan control on this card.

aburgard said:
Thanks for the help.

I do notice a small sqeak in the VF700-CU fan at 5v but it's definately more quiet than the stock cooler. The highest reading I've seen on the 6800 is about 52*C now. Still not as quiet as it could have been. I don't see why they don't have fan control on this card.

Well, I've never used a VF700 before...but I could have swore that there was an option to run it at 12v or not.

cornelious0_0 said:
Well, I've never used a VF700 before...but I could have swore that there was an option to run it at 12v or not.
you can run it at 5v or 12v.

you can run it at 5v or 12v.

Heh, thought so. :p

You can run it at 12 volt. 12 volt is too loud.

That's relative though...in my last watercooling setup I had a 120x38mm Delta. At 12v that fan would push about 230cfm, and even on 7v it was well over 100cfm...noisewise most people would deem it too loud to use, but some people (myself included) just have a higher tolerance when it comes to fan noise.

A bit off topic people, lets have some more pics. :D

Apallohadas said:
Aburgard, your oversized pic really screws up the entire page.

Agreed...I really wish people would resive their pics...or at least post thumbnail links to the fullsize picture. I'm at a desktop res of 1280x960 at work on my eMac and i still have to scroll the screen a good 6 inches to hit the far right side. :(

Sorry, I replaced pic and accidentally swapped the wrong one. Didn't mean to make you all download a retarded 1.3MB picture.

Anyway, has anyone tried an ASUS EAX1600XT SILENT/TVD in a Lian Li? I bet those heat pipes aren't wicked either... Lian Li = Noisy SOB because you can't heatpipe for nothin'.

aburgard said:
Anyway, has anyone tried an ASUS EAX1600XT SILENT/TVD in a Lian Li? I bet those heat pipes aren't wicked either... Lian Li = Noisy SOB because you can't heatpipe for nothin'.

What are you talking about? Which chassis in particular? Not really sure where you're getting that from due to the lack of info/description...sorry.

aburgard said:
Any inverted case. PC-V1000.

Alright, but what do you mean you can't heatpipe for nothin?

I've seen multiple people using different kinds of heatpipe coolers both on their processors and graphics cards, and they work fine...don't really get what you mean.

My CPU HSF is heat piped and that works fine, but I don't think video card heatpipes will work because the heat spreader would be on the bottom of the card. Vapor would be trapped up top where the GPU is and the liquid portion would be in the bottom with the heat spreader. I asked Thermalright about their V1-Ultra they said it wouldn't work in an inverted case. Motherboards with heatpipes that aren't straight across would be the same way being they rely on gravity as well.

Edit:

I just saw word from ASUS. Nope, it's not going to work:
"With the card being upside down it wont be able to disperse the heat away from the card properly that way and can cause the card to overheat and can damage it."

aburgard said:
Your ram really shouldn't need that, definately not.

I agree completely, at those timings you couldn't be pumping much voltage into those sticks, even for 280MHz...you could probly ditch the fan bro, things'd look a lot nicer for sure.

It kind of looks like where Voodoo puts an extra 120mm to cool RAM in their extravagant Voodoo Omen pc's...

Just an observation... :)

Very nice work.

You think you could make that second pic any larger? With how washed out it is I can't exactly tell what the pic is of. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
I agree completely, at those timings you couldn't be pumping much voltage into those sticks, even for 280MHz...you could probly ditch the fan bro, things'd look a lot nicer for sure.

lol thanks cornelious. I want to get rid of the fan real bad but because im running BALLISTIX, im sure you know how it is. Until I can get another 2gb set that can do in excess of 280, im gonna stick with it for now.

aldy402 said:
lol thanks cornelious. I want to get rid of the fan real bad but because im running BALLISTIX, im sure you know how it is. Until I can get another 2gb set that can do in excess of 280, im gonna stick with it for now.

What voltage are you actually running through them? I've heard all kinds of stories about Ballistix memory...but the point still stands that if you're not clearing 3.0vdimm I really don't think you need that fan. Granted it's not the same stuff, but I previously had a pair of OCZ PC4000 EL doing 278MHz 1:1 2.5-4-3-5 with 2.9v or so. I can't imagine you'd be putting a lot more voltage into your ram then I was, and my OCZ did perfectly well without any extra cooling, and didn't benefit from it either when I tried.

cornelious0_0 said:
What voltage are you actually running through them? I've heard all kinds of stories about Ballistix memory...but the point still stands that if you're not clearing 3.0vdimm I really don't think you need that fan. Granted it's not the same stuff, but I previously had a pair of OCZ PC4000 EL doing 278MHz 1:1 2.5-4-3-5 with 2.9v or so. I can't imagine you'd be putting a lot more voltage into your ram then I was, and my OCZ did perfectly well without any extra cooling, and didn't benefit from it either when I tried.

im only running them on 2.8 but if its not actively cooled, they will die within a month
im already on my 4th RMA, i love them to death but they BURNNN. Once i get my hands on some CRONUS ram, im selling them and then off with the 120mm fan

Back