The Lian Li Gallery

thanks for the pic. you did a great job wiring that case.

i think i would probably be getting one optical drive which would be blu-ray like the longer one you showed and perhaps dual 6870's or 6850's unless i wait until the 6900's come out. do you think that would be problematic? if i got ones with side plugs it would probably work even better.

Thanks

Those card would work fine but you should really consider adding a blow hole up top before tyring to run two GPUs. You can get the replacement top panel that adds a 140mm blowhole or you can mod your own like I did.

yeah. i definitely see your point about getting more airflow before wanting to crossfire or sli. just curious though what are your temps in that case like even though you have your's modified? also, are those intake or outtake?

temps are very good.

I've overclocked my 5850 to 1000/1200. It idles in the mid 40's and loads in the mid 70's with 60% fan speed.

my i7 930 @ 4.2ghz maxes out in the mid 60's under prime95 full load.

my hard drives usually chill in the low 30's.

Did a little work on my X900 project. Ignore the wiring, its all temporary and will be scratch built to length and sleeved.

Disassembled my Gentle Typhoons and painted the blades white. Had some stickers custom made for the fans too. Not sure I'll keep the white blades or go back to stock grey or maybe even black.

Sourced a new windowless side panel from Taiwan and cut my own window and attached the Lexan from behind.

Removed the stock drive bay and used another from a Lian Li kit. Had it powdercoated and sourced black hot swap tracks from Taiwan. I believe the black are only found on the X2000F or something.

Also made a block-off plate for the CPU hole. Used the material I cut for the window to make the plate. Tapped the motherboard tray so its easily removeable if need be in the future.

Finally cut some additional cable holes and used the same protection clips as found stock on the X900. Got those from my contact at Lian Li as well. Had to do that because you can see the Classified motherboard partially blocks the stock cable management holes.

Will eventually make a new motherboard tray from scratch to eliminate the unused holes....

Thats all for now!

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

man that lian li is a really nice, they sure make awesome cases. nice clean case my friend

Did a little work on my X900 project. Ignore the wiring, its all temporary and will be scratch built to length and sleeved.

Disassembled my Gentle Typhoons and painted the blades white. Had some stickers custom made for the fans too. Not sure I'll keep the white blades or go back to stock grey or maybe even black.

Sourced a new windowless side panel from Taiwan and cut my own window and attached the Lexan from behind.

Removed the stock drive bay and used another from a Lian Li kit. Had it powdercoated and sourced black hot swap tracks from Taiwan. I believe the black are only found on the X2000F or something.

Also made a block-off plate for the CPU hole. Used the material I cut for the window to make the plate. Tapped the motherboard tray so its easily removeable if need be in the future.

Finally cut some additional cable holes and used the same protection clips as found stock on the X900. Got those from my contact at Lian Li as well. Had to do that because you can see the Classified motherboard partially blocks the stock cable management holes.

Will eventually make a new motherboard tray from scratch to eliminate the unused holes....

Thats all for now!

[IM]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0204.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0205.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0206.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0207.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0208.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0209.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0210.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0212.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc249/mn_pikey/PC%20Build/DSC_0214.jpg[/IMG]

Woah, what did you use to cut the side panel? That is an amazingly clean cut. Do you do side window panels for $$? :p

After seeing the Lian-Li PC-X2000F in this thread, I'm highly considering it. $500, wow. I wish I were in the US...NewEgg has it for $300. :(

Seriously. I remember when the cheapest one was a tad over $100 and it was pretty damn ugly. Now, you can get one that looks like pure sex for the price of a good Antec/Coolermaster/etc.

Naw I spend around 150-200 on my cases, the ones under 100 are OK but too small, you need to spend 300-900 to get a decent sized case with them.

Hard Drive space?

how many hard drives are we talking?

most motherboards have only 6 or 7 SATA ports and most mid towers have 6 3.5" bays.

I don't see the reason to have more. I suppose you can run a PCI SATA card but if you're gonna bother with that why not get a NAS and call it a day?

Naw I spend around 150-200 on my cases, the ones under 100 are OK but too small, you need to spend 300-900 to get a decent sized case with them.

The A70F is on the cusp of $200 and is a full sized case that looks mighty fine. Even has 10 hard drive spaces and room for more in its five 5.25" bays if you wish. You don't need to spend a fortune with Lian Li these days to get what you want. The 8FI also has plenty of hard drive space and is a mid-tower in the mid-$100s. Lian Li has you covered in almost ever price bracket. :)

Wow, I just checked Newegg has the red 8FI for $130 and free shipping! :eek:

Well I bought my Rocketfish full tower because it was $50 and has a ridiculous amount of space for expansion and modding. The stock case has terrible airflow, but I've added several fans to it. The extra space both allows more fans and improves the airflow.

I also think full towers look more beastly. :)

I don't see the reason to have more. I suppose you can run a PCI SATA card but if you're gonna bother with that why not get a NAS and call it a day?

Because a NAS cant play games :D, I'd rather run one machine that would just do it all, but that's just me.

I'm talking 6+ hard drives, lian li A7x all take up 10 HDD natively, and more can be added if you use up the 5.25 bays as well.

Sure, many out there don't need that many HDDs, but some do.

Nice attention to detail with noctuas thru and thru. Just curious is there a top fan for exhaust?

I decided not to put one in, in order to make the case appear cleaner. The 5th pic down still shows the aluminum square placeholder just above the NH-U12P.

pc-q11b%20inside.png

I replaced the front Enermax fan with a Noiseblocker fan. I'm going to try working on cable management again some other time. I need longer sata cables to route them better and left angle sata cables would probably be better for the 3.5" hard drives. I was also too lazy to flip the PSU around. I decided against putting cables in the 5.25" bay so I re-routed the front panel cables, front audio cable, and front fan cable behind the 5.25" bay. The Noiseblocker fan comes with either a 200mm or 500mm fan cable; the 200mm was more than sufficient.

^^ Can you not turn the HDDs 180 degrees so that connectors face the other side?

It's a very tight fit. Plus when you turn the HDDs (3.5") around, the hard drive sata ports aren't near the edge like they are now. Therefore, you need the sata connectors from the PSU to face up or else it won't fit properly :/

Finished!!!

IMAG1142.jpg

IMAG1118.jpg

IMAG1126.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg

IMAG1145-1.jpg

Need to adjust the wiring a bit but and waiting on the GTX 480 I bought from a member here otherwise done....:D

Last edited:
Last edited:
alright so these are really old (2003?) but since it was the last case I modded, figured it was worth sharing as I start making my way back into case modding.

Lian Li PC-60?
I forget the rest of the specs, the computer is long dead, but the case was so pretty...

trick1.jpg

I do recall that the CD-rom bezel was vinyl dyed black as they didn't make the clear blue tray with a black bezel (heck almost no cd-roms were black back then either)

rights.jpg

backs.jpg

ints.jpg

trick4.jpg

annodizing was done by Stiltner (I'm presuming he's not around any longer though) to get that nice purple color on the inside and full black color on the outside.

Hopefully I can find another good lian li case to mod for my next project!

That is certainly a unique build, anodizing is awesome although not my first choice in color.

I had a PC-65B that is actually still in service among my friends, that case lasted me a number of builds and would have kept on trucking had I not downsized to a Shuttle randomly for 2 years then back to my current V1100B Plus II and coming Friday my A71F.

And once again I'll be passing along the V1100 in trade for an A05N and some cash/other hardware and then moving my current desktop into that case and building an i7 950/R3F machine in the A71F with the intent of going with a custom water setup down the line with a second GTX 460 in SLI.

Rambling...

Yo! What are you doing with my new rig? lol
It's awesome!
Thanks allot!!!

You should of seen how long it took me to hand polish the case to a mirror shine!!!

Can't wait to get the GTX 480 in there. Still debating if I should put it in the loop or not???

@CrazyV,

How on did you configure the airflow? It looks like you have 4 exhaust fans but only 1 intake.

@CrazyV,

How on did you configure the airflow? It looks like you have 4 exhaust fans but only 1 intake.

All six of the top fans are intakes in a push pull configuration, The 2 rear in the push pull configuration and the front fan is exhaust along with the psu and video card. There is also an added 120mm fan on the door pushing in cool air to help with the board and push more air through the rear rad and into the case.

Back