Western Digital SATA 6.0 1TB
LITE ON 24x DVD Burner

http://i54.tinypic.com/sp9qit.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/vcxc41.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ppzz3n.jpg

With Fans On
http://i52.tinypic.com/qxl2f9.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2d19qo1.jpg

Will update the video card to either 6950CF or 6990 later in the year and a WC loop next year.

Last edited:
Here's my recently released:
Lian Li V1020R :p

Intel i7 930
ASUS Rampage III Gene
ASUS 6870
Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 1600MHz CL7
Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W w/ Red and Black Murder Mod Sleeving
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. w/ Cooler Master Excalibur Fans Push/Pull
LITE ON 24x DVD Burner

http://i53.tinypic.com/2gsps29.jpg

Will update the video card to either 6950CF or 6990 later in the year and a WC loop next year.

Very nicely done.

Here's my recently released:
Lian Li V1020R :p

Intel i7 930
ASUS Rampage III Gene
ASUS 6870
Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 1600MHz CL7
Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W w/ Red and Black Murder Mod Sleeving
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. w/ Cooler Master Excalibur Fans Push/Pull
LITE ON 24x DVD Burner

Dang!! I got a wet spot again..:eek:

I wonder when Lian Li is going to release a windowed version or a windowed side panel for the V1020 series. :confused:

Thanks for the post WorldExclusive.

Thanks everyone!!!

Don't know about the window. I haven't decided if I will water cut the panel when I install the WC loop.

Since i first purchased my V2000 Plus II in 2005, i have been slowly modifying it as i get around to actually doing them. I have a series of pictures ive taken over the years with the last one being the most recent (being today).

This was the first when i cut a hole to mount up my 120x2 Rad.
102_0070.jpg

Later i recut the hole and added mesh over the top. I also removed the solid drive bay covers and replaced them with the same mesh on the top, while painting the interior black.
CaseMod016.jpg

CaseMod019.jpg

CaseMod013.jpg

So now were up to today where i have removed all the excess CD-ROM bays and all the hard drive rails down below. I will be putting back one set of rails until i get my water cooling going at which time the hard drives will be moved to below the DVD drive.
Photo0150.jpg

Photo0151.jpg

Later to come, Audi R8 Piano Black paint with Blue Pearl for the whole case.

are your hd's free standing? i'd also be worried about dust in there with all the ventilation

they are free standing for the moment, im finishing the clear coats on the hard drive rails so i can mount them and then a lot of the clutter will go away. I will post a pic tonight of it.

Here is the case updated, got the drive rails installed and did a little cable management, tell me what you think. I know there are a couple of bare spots, that will be fixed when i get my final paint job on the case done.

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

How are your HDD temps with that setup? I tried something similar with m V1000 (HDD;s mounted away from the intake fan), and my HDD temps quickly reached 40*C+ (too hot for my comforts).
Have you considered modding one or two 120mm fans onto the HDD cage? I personally think it would be worth while to zip-tie 1-2 fans to keep the HDDs from overheating.

the temps are fine, there is nothing interfering with the airflow of the drives and their spaced out enough no to suffocate themselves.

Ya know a month ago I never heard of Lian Li. Now I have a Mitx case on order, found this forum and boy I feel good about getting one of these cases. They all look great!

They are awesome. I currently own 4 Lian Li cases and I can't see myself parting with any of them any time soon.

Heres a build im doing for my brother. Sorry for the stock cooler... Lian Li V354
Awesome case to work in. Tons of room to hide wires for how small it is.

Rampage Gene III, I7 930, Patriot Sector 7 1600, HX620, 6870xfire

Last edited:
Heres a build im doing for my brother. Sorry for the stock cooler... Lian Li V354

Dude, that wiring job is really nice, and cfx in that tight space that well done, you have me seriously considering such a build. Your bro should be wicked happy.

Yea that mATX build is getting me thinking too! I love mATX builds and boxes.. I love seeing a little box, maxing out a game on a LCD 3 times it size :)

Thanks guys! It could probably be better, but didn't have enough time to make it perfect... Now i have to ship it all the way from MN down to FL.... hope it makes it...

Thanks guys! It could probably be better, but didn't have enough time to make it perfect... Now i have to ship it all the way from MN down to FL.... hope it makes it...

that is a great build. i might build something very similar soon because it looks so good. what are your temps?

I am loving the amount of brute power contained in that tiny cube. :eek: Just wish the i7 had a better cooler. :p
I actually built a V351R rig for my sister several months ago. It's nice to see Lian Li making progress with their microATX cubes.

Anyways, here are a couple of pics of a Lancool K56W rig I built for my friend a month or two ago for about $600. It's got an i3 530 overclocked to 4.0GHz with CM Hyper 212 Plus, Asus P7P55, 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600, Gigabyte GT240 512MB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB, OCZ Fatal1ty 550W, and Sunbeam Rheobus.

p1080720.jpg

p1080719.jpg

And here's my updated Rocketfish rig with a brand new Sapphire HD6870:

p1080757.jpg

^ very nice job on that side window. looks pro.

here are updated pics of my sig rig contained in an A05B

new power buttons. the reset finally works :D
dsc04605a.jpg

close up top 2 x 120mm blow holes. these fans spin at 700rpm idle and 1000rpm load.
dsc04607f.jpg

2x 60GB G Skill Phoenix Pro's in RAID 0 in silverstone bracket
dsc04608.jpg

close up of venomous x with optional shrouds.
dsc04618q.jpg

full side view and you can see the upgraded feet.
dsc04620es.jpg

I've had the case for about 2 years (my longest case thus far) and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

haadij404, that is one CLEAN A05. Very impressive. That top rad grill looks really nice. Where'd you get it?

Wow haadij404, it looks like you swap out your GPU and HS every day!

lol not that often. I am always buying and selling hardware so things come and go.

That's just a way to emphasize the seriousness of his commitment to A05 -- they've been together for 2 years! :D

and its been my most stable relationship yet! :p

haadij404, that is one CLEAN A05. Very impressive. That top rad grill looks really nice. Where'd you get it?

thanks man appreciate it. its an AC Ryan Bricky RadGrillz.

lol not that often. I am always buying and selling hardware so things come and go.

and its been my most stable relationship yet! :p

thanks man appreciate it. its an AC Ryan Bricky RadGrillz.

what is that sitting right below the gpu that's taking up a slot?

cool.

quick question. would you have enough room with that setup to add another card for crossfire?

the way that the power plugs go on the card looks like it might be a tough fit in relationship to the optical drive but if you got some cards where the plugs came out the side of the card then that might have enough room? also, i can't really tell if you have enough room since you have those additional fans on the top. thanks.

It has enough room for two cards. I have an extra long optical drive (blu ray) so that takes up a bit of space. If you have a regular length optical drive two cards should fit no problem.

Here is a picture of when I was running two 4870's in crossfire and a regular optical so you can see how much room you have to play with.

Last edited:
Back