The Lian Li Gallery

Wow, that T7 looks a lot better with parts installed than I thought it would. Grats on a really clean setup :D

Lian LI PC-T7 Black

Power Led

Config :

• Corsair HX 650
  • Intel i7 875K
  • GigaByte H55N-USB3
  • Thermalright AXP-140
  • Corsair XMS3 2X2Gb
  • Intel X25-M G2 80Gb
  • nVIDIA GTX 470
:)

Looks amazing, I was looking at the full ATX version though. How are the temps on that? Would you say temps are better than using a case? Any pics of it placed on a desk, connected to monitor etc, i want to see how it looks like with the peripherals hooked up (i would love you:) )?

I have a v1000, but I'm getting tired of it... and my pc is now sitting inside a cardboard box haha.

Sobek's Watercooled Lian-Li V351B

dsc04718d.jpg

dsc04727s.jpg

Worklog:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035796504&posted=1#post1035796504

looks like the psu is sitting on the tubes

looks like the psu is sitting on the tubes
It looks like it but it really isn't. The 4 screws holding the PSU are very secure and hold it quite well. The PSU is heavy so it droops a small amount as evidenced in the pic. The loop on the right is actually zip tied down a bit to keep it from touching the PSU.

Finally got my new hardware in. Posted the picture in the A05 thread, but though I'd post it here to join the Lian Li club. :eek:

img5297a.jpg

Hey guys, I am going to be upgrading my case soon, and am looking into the Lian Li A71F Full Tower. It's real sleek looking. I was curious how you guys run on air? Since there is no GPU cooling area, does your cards get hot? (I run crossfire). How cooled do Lian li's usually stay? Thanks for any info. How much modding will I have to do to get it to run really cool?

Ignore my last post. Decided on the A70F. Bought it, and will post pictures once I get it setup. I can't deal with the amount that is crammed in my mid tower Centurion 5, any longer.

This looks great! What did you use to paint the inside? And how did you get your cable management so clean

thanks~ the interior is powdercoated matt black...cable management wise, it's just purely throwing the rest into unseen areas :p

Haha, I'm trying to think of how I'm going to be doing mine, as it doesn't have a side panel to see thru or holes for fans. This is the most expensive case I've bought so far, and cutting a hole myself sounds a little scary as the paint will probably come off in the process but those fan cut out side panels are to expensive just for a hole.

Haha, I'm trying to think of how I'm going to be doing mine, as it doesn't have a side panel to see thru or holes for fans. This is the most expensive case I've bought so far, and cutting a hole myself sounds a little scary as the paint will probably come off in the process but those fan cut out side panels are to expensive just for a hole.

what casing are u using currently?

i got my side panel cut by a local modding store though....previously using mid tower too. :p

Oh wow, I didn't know those existed. I have the machines at my fathers to have something like this done. He knows how to do machine work, so I will see what ideas we can come up with.

it would be good to have a draft sketch before commencing...easier to visualize and change if not satisfied...

it would be good to have a draft sketch before commencing...easier to visualize and change if not satisfied...

How do you recommend something like this? I don't have many engineering tools to draw something. I would use paint but I feel like that's a bit ridiculous.

Also, has anyone had trouble with a 175mm heatsink in their full tower? I'm not worried if I have room to spare, but I'd like to be able to fit the door shut.
The case claims to be 8.66 inches wide, so I'd like to know if anyone has past experiences with such

Also, has anyone had trouble with a 175mm heatsink in their full tower? I'm not worried if I have room to spare, but I'd like to be able to fit the door shut.
The case claims to be 8.66 inches wide, so I'd like to know if anyone has past experiences with such

175mm heatsink?...wat heatsink is that?

How do you recommend something like this? I don't have many engineering tools to draw something. I would use paint but I feel like that's a bit ridiculous.

u can use GIMP...or basic one like paper and pencil will do the trick...

175mm heatsink?...wat heatsink is that?

Oops. Typo

I meant about 165mm, my hyper 212+ is 158mm, but I have to raise the fan on the side to be able to clear my RAM heatsinks another 5-7mm or so. So I just added that to the size.

Oops. Typo

I meant about 165mm, my hyper 212+ is 158mm, but I have to raise the fan on the side to be able to clear my RAM heatsinks another 5-7mm or so. So I just added that to the size.

the fan on hyper212 shldnt block ur rams...the rams have tall heatsinks?

the fan on hyper212 shldnt block ur rams...the rams have tall heatsinks?

Yeah, they're just tall enough for the fan to not fit over them unless I raise the fan about 5mm. I just didn't know how close the 212+ gets to the side panel as it is now

personally i have used Noctua D14 heatsink before...my casing's dimensions are similar to urs...

D14 height is 160mm...if u going to move the fan to increase to 165mm, may be possible...

personally i have used Noctua D14 heatsink before...my casing's dimensions are similar to urs...

D14 height is 160mm...if u going to move the fan to increase to 165mm, may be possible...

How much head room did you have when you had the Noctua? If it was like half an inch, I'm not worried about it, if it was borderline touching the tip of the side, I may be in trouble

How much head room did you have when you had the Noctua? If it was like half an inch, I'm not worried about it, if it was borderline touching the tip of the side, I may be in trouble

hope this pic helps

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/hpv500/Rig 2010/DSCF3521.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/hpv500/Rig 2010/DSCF3864.jpg

note that the below pic had its fans slightly protruding from the heatsink's height...it should be just fine...
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/hpv500/Rig 2010/DSCF3903.jpg

Yeah, looks like it's gonna be a tight fit, but it should be fine. I didn't realize even in full towers heatsinks would be real close. Thanks very much for the pictures

2893_94270934953_502674953_2560960_207622_n.jpg

How did you get your fans to be white LED? Did you buy new fans with white LED? If not, the mod you used, what LED's did you buy? (3mm, 5mm, flanged, etc)? Thanks for any input

Just got the Lian Li PC-A70F! Huge upgrade from my previous Centurion 5 Cooler Master
9qvght.jpg

A better look at the cable management plastic thing they sent with (It REALLY helps for PSUs that aren't modular, like mine):
5pj2it.jpg

The cable management really isn't as bad as it looks. I wish the front panel audio chord didn't have to run through the middle, but the rest of it isn't to bad. It looks clumped at the bottom but it's not, just the angle of the picture

I'm about to buy the side panel with the plexiglass and precut 140mm holes for fans. I need a little more airflow for how much heat my gpu and cpu put out. Replaced the exhaust as you can see with something a little more powerful, although it's a bit noisy.

Do you guys recommend that I move the hard drive cage since it's partially obstructing airflow and put the HDD above the mobo? I'm not sure if it will help with airflow all that much.

Last edited:
Just got the Lian Li PC-A70F! Huge upgrade from my previous Centurion 5 Cooler Master

I'm about to buy the side panel with the plexiglass and precut 140mm holes for fans. I need a little more airflow for how much heat my gpu and cpu put out. Replaced the exhaust as you can see with something a little more powerful, although it's a bit noisy.

Do you guys recommend that I move the hard drive cage since it's partially obstructing airflow and put the HDD above the mobo? I'm not sure if it will help with airflow all that much.

That case is so roomy that it needs more fans to keep the air moving. I don't think moving the HDD rack will help with air flow. You still get the same volume of air coming in but the air stream will be straight if the HDD rack wasn't. Just keep your side panel on and the air will be directed towards the rear. I have experienced this with a Lian Li A-09B.

That case is so roomy that it needs more fans to keep the air moving. I don't think moving the HDD rack will help with air flow. You still get the same volume of air coming in but the air stream will be straight if the HDD rack wasn't. Just keep your side panel on and the air will be directed towards the rear. I have experienced this with a Lian Li A-09B.

Which upgrade would you recommend better to cool my system down:

Front drive bay fan, Side panel fan, top exhaust fan? System still isn't 100% at the temperature that I want it. and yeah I figured if the HDD rack wasn't there the air would have an easier time making it to the GPU, in turn keeping the system a little cooler

Which upgrade would you recommend better to cool my system down:

Front drive bay fan, Side panel fan, top exhaust fan? System still isn't 100% at the temperature that I want it. and yeah I figured if the HDD rack wasn't there the air would have an easier time making it to the GPU, in turn keeping the system a little cooler

Well, you're already getting the side cover with 140mm blow holes on it. That will definitely improve air flow over you're video cards. I would even get a replacement top cover with 2 or 3 blow holes on it. Have the side and rear fans blow inward (may have to flip the CPU fan) and the top fans outward. This is the setup I am currently doing to my old school PC 602. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, you're already getting the side cover with 140mm blow holes on it. That will definitely improve air flow over you're video cards. I would even get a replacement top cover with 2 or 3 blow holes on it. Have the side and rear fans blow inward (may have to flip the CPU fan) and the top fans outward. This is the setup I am currently doing to my old school PC 602. :cool:

Well what I mean is, I will hold off on buying the side panel if having the exhaust top panel will benefit more. There is a purchasable top panel with a precut 140mm fan with filter. I will get that if it is suggested that airflow will be better with that, rather then side panel

Well what I mean is, I will hold off on buying the side panel if having the exhaust top panel will benefit more. There is a purchasable top panel with a precut 140mm fan with filter. I will get that if it is suggested that airflow will be better with that, rather then side panel

The side panel and the top cover together would be perfect. However, if you can only get one, then the side panel is better as is blows air directly at you're video cards. This will keep temps down.

And remember that more air in than out is better because you want positive air pressure. This will be keep dust from settling inside the case (not 100% but still good) and gets pushed out through the exhaust fans and\or openings.

Back