The Lian Li Gallery

my recent htpc tear down and rebuild. it once housed a phenom x3 and mobo combo from fry's. i've now got a phenom 2 x3 720 with the fourth core unlocked. i could have left the whole thing alone, but was dying for a new project to throw myself into.

P1010268.jpg
P1010271.jpg

P1010272.jpg
P1010273.jpg

Here is my case. Nothing too special. I know the big mess of wires next to the power supply is bad, but I did hide some behind the motherboard tray and properly routed them through the case. The can fan wires are completely hidden! Wire hiding is much of a big thing for me, just wire management.

Brownie points to those who can find "What is wrong with this picture?" on the computer.

showoff1.jpg

showoff2.jpg

showoff3.jpg

System Specifications:
Athlon XP 2700+(2.171ghz)
Corsair ValueSELECT PC3200 512mbs RAM
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B
Thermaltake Volcano 10+
Philips DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo Drive
Generic 48x CD-ROM
Floppy Drive
My modded PSX ports
Painted Black Vantex Nexus 101
Seagate 20gb 7200rpm
Western Digital 120gb 7200rpm
Western Digital 160gb 7200rpm
Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 Pro Ultimate
Maxtor Promise Ultra133 TX2 IDE controller
Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
Antec TruePower 430watt

I've searched through the thread and coudln't find it. Does anyone know or have a link to the playstation controller mod? I use the usb adapters from radio shack, but it would be cool to implement in a 5.25 bay.

Last edited:
Finally uploaded some pics of our new Lancool PC-K62 case and its new Quad core guts. This is our learning center's first real server so we're all pretty happy about it.

img5346.jpg

img5399n.jpg

img5401.jpg

There's no a/c at our school so we needed a case with great ventilation. We're also broke so we needed a case with a great price. The K62 has both.

Thanks for all the information (and inspiration), [H]ard|Forum!

This is workstation of my wife, used mainly for video editing.
I decided to make a frontal mod like my TJ-07 with lcd display e two fan controller.
V2000 is a beautiful case but is too big.....
lianliv2000.jpg

lianliv20001.jpg

lianliv20002.jpg

lianliv20003.jpg

lianliv20004.jpg

lianliv20005.jpg

lianliv20006.jpg

Downgraded from 2x HD 5870s due to major issues and not so well working 120Hz on ATis.

Lancool (Lian Li) PC-K62 case

pc2n.png

pc1u.png

I decided to make a frontal mod like my TJ-07 with lcd display e two fan controller.

Huge indeed, but damn that thing is gorgeous!

That LCD is gorgeous. That would rock in my server. I'll probably buy a couple CrystalFonts or 3. ;)

This thread seems very quiet these days which is a shame as Lian's are truly stunning and deserve to be shown off! On that note, check out my new PC-B10. I changed from a PC-A10 as I wanted a smaller case.

Please let me know what you think :)

SDC11841.jpg

SDC11838.jpg

SDC11840.jpg

SDC11837.jpg

Nice, I'm thinking of picking up a B10 myself...how is the cable management, pretty simple?

Just finished transferring all my old stuff into the new case. I went from a Lian Li PC-7B and have no regrets. ;) I added a pair of Gentle Typhoon AP15s in a push pull configuration on a Cool Master 212 heatsink. My q9550 is OC'd to 4.0Ghz stable an is still super quiet. :cool:

4083662709_5e97ca6697_o.jpg

4084425754_daf3788e28_o.jpg

4083656347_dfd9dcbdd4_o.jpg

Now you've got me wanting to upgrade to this case as well! I'm also using a PC-7B!

Nice, I'm thinking of picking up a B10 myself...how is the cable management, pretty simple?

Absolutely appauling. Took hours and the rear side panel is bowed. Apart from the pointless cable guide modules and few other gimmicks the case is a pc-7.

I would not reccommend and it's a real shame I sold my PC-A10. The only thing I really like about it is the size and the look of the front door.

Anyone using the CR-36B or any other Lian Li card reader that can comment on the performance? I don't use a card reader a ton, but occasionally if I go shoot a race or air show or something I may come home with 1000 pictures on a CF 133x card that I'd like to dump off it without it taking eons like a lot of cheap readers do. I can buy a Lexar UDMA reader for about the same price, but if a built in one will work as well I can live with it and obviously it'll be less annoying built into the case over having a separate box like the Lexar. I don't own, or plan on owning in the near future a UDMA card, otherwise I'd just get the Lexar as it doesn't appear the Lian Li's support UDMA performance.

Anyone using the CR-36B or any other Lian Li card reader that can comment on the performance? I don't use a card reader a ton, but occasionally if I go shoot a race or air show or something I may come home with 1000 pictures on a CF 133x card that I'd like to dump off it without it taking eons like a lot of cheap readers do. I can buy a Lexar UDMA reader for about the same price, but if a built in one will work as well I can live with it and obviously it'll be less annoying built into the case over having a separate box like the Lexar. I don't own, or plan on owning in the near future a UDMA card, otherwise I'd just get the Lexar as it doesn't appear the Lian Li's support UDMA performance.

Mike, I bought the CR-36 to a friend who is a pro photographer and it works like a charm. He uses SD HC cards in his SLR cams. (It works in Win7 32/64 bits).

Just finished transferring all my old stuff into the new case. I went from a Lian Li PC-7B and have no regrets. ;) I added a pair of Gentle Typhoon AP15s in a push pull configuration on a Cool Master 212 heatsink. My q9550 is OC'd to 4.0Ghz stable an is still super quiet. :cool:

4083662709_5e97ca6697_o.jpg

4084425754_daf3788e28_o.jpg

4083656347_dfd9dcbdd4_o.jpg

Beautifully clean. The fans look purple though o_O Is it just the photos?

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. I hate the location of the 24-pin and the usb ports. Love the case! Immediately after installing everything, I realized I didn't have sata cables that were long enough (coming from a Antec P180).

pict0052as.jpg

pict0053a.jpg

pict0055a.jpg

pict0049a.jpg

pict0047a.jpg

pict0051a.jpg

pict0058ah.jpg

pict0050a.jpg

pict0046a.jpg

...gotta say, even with all those wires, that's a lot of tape!

Invest in a bag of small black zip ties >$5, and fasten what you can together; it'll look much better.

Haha oh I know the tape looks silly. I was doing the cable management at like 11:30 pm one night and I was out of zip ties. I was just using what I had available. I'll change it some other time as it works right now.

You'll get it, no big deal... Something I use that I haven't seen many others use in years of looking, is a wire coat hanger cut and bent to shape with cables strategically strapped to it.

S5002206.jpg

a close view,

S5002203.jpg

...and place fans in a position that the wires will be shown as little as possible. See how my rear intake is in a way that the wires come right out of it and under neath the divider?
(out of focus, I was focusing on the Thermalright mosfet coolers)

S5002197.jpg

Has anyone here done some extensive water cooling in the PC-V1010B? Id be curious to see to get some ideas for my rig...

This thread seems very quiet these days which is a shame as Lian's are truly stunning and deserve to be shown off! On that note, check out my new PC-B10. I changed from a PC-A10 as I wanted a smaller case.

Very nice indeed :D Love the small touches, they go a long way.

Finally got myself a camera today, a Lumix DMC-LX3, and I have a new found respect for photographers. Taking pictures isn't easy, and I suspect many months of learning ahead of me to get a grip of the basics. Colors are my biggest problem atm. (Edit: Turns out LightZone is having a color profile conflict with the Spyder3 color profile).

However, started to practice on my favorite case, PC-X500 :D

Rear shots
pcrear.jpg

pcreario.jpg

pcrearpsu.jpg

Front shots

Front cover and air filter removed
pcfront.jpg

pcfrontfan1.jpg

pcfrontfan2.jpg

Inside
pcbottom.jpg

pcbottomfans.jpg

Modded an intake fan into the bottom of the case + air filter. Case has restrictive air intake, this helped a lot.
pcbottomintake.jpg

Cables
pccables.jpg

Shiny!
pclogo.jpg

Last edited:
New i7, new K7B

IMG_0424_1.jpg

IMG_0423_1.jpg

Very pleased with the case. For having a steel chassis, it's still very light...lighter than my V1000 and almost as light as the A05 was.
Need to go back and sleeve the front panel cables but for now I'll just leave it...I have -bigadv's to run for the [H]orde. :)

Mister Sparkle, I have been rebuilding my x500 and I find it cleaner to put my GPU cables through the hole and then the front panel at the bottom around the mobo tray. That is a very nice setup though, prolly the first case Ive seen that noctua fans dont look out of place.

Thanks :) Will definitely look into your proposed wiring. I find I usually get lazy when it comes time to wire it all up :p

Back