I'm not all that pleased at how it's running on my iPhone 6. I have not done a DFU restore since running the betas though. Doesn't run that great on my iPad mini 3 either, ran the betas on it as well and have not done a restore.

I was really looking forward to the smart color invert feature, but it's not was I was hoping for. Plus there seems to be a pretty big performance penalty when it's enabled.
I’m in the same boat but I’m going to do a clean install too

Wow nice. Didn’t get pushed to my phone and or notifying me to update until today.
Someone mentioned it Wednesday night and I went to settings update and it was there. It didn't pop up automatically.

the only odd thing I am noticing is when in camera mode and you turn the phone from horizontal to landscape, the interface freaks out a bit when it is resetting the interface.

Ok, this is driving me nuts.

Open a calendar event with an address. Used to be you could hold on it, copy, and paste wherever you wanted. Now you can only copy/paste a maps://string which is useless for anyone not on an iOS device (or even something like google maps, since apple maps is still pretty much crap).

Ok, this is driving me nuts.

Open a calendar event with an address. Used to be you could hold on it, copy, and paste wherever you wanted. Now you can only copy/paste a maps://string which is useless for anyone not on an iOS device (or even something like google maps, since apple maps is still pretty much crap).

Interesting. I think I ran into the same problem while I was driving, but overlooked it because I didn't play around with it while stationary. I remember getting frustrated in the car though.

I can say this though, with Waze, it can link up to your calendar and then you can get route guidance to whatever your next appointment is in app. It's not 100% foolproof though. Sometimes it misses events or doesn't sync up. Still, this is definitely an oversight.

I'll give waze a shot - been avoiding it because around here, it likes the side roads too much and doesn't do a good job of calculating "can you actually cross this 6 lane thoroughfare at a stop sign and not a light? No, no you can't...", but I'll definitely give it a try.

I may be in the minority but I do not like the new Siri voice, and I most certainly do not like the new App Store.

I quite like the update on my iPad Pro, however. I get the whole screenshot change (and being able to edit before saving), just took a bit to figure out why the hell it was doing it that way. Control Center works a lot better, and so does app switching. Kinda meh on my iPhone 6s. Much prefer the aesthetic of iOS 10 for that form factor.

iOS 11 has been a nightmare on my iPhone 7 till I did a factory reset. It’s wonderful now.

Reactions: Whach
like this
I still have issues with text messaging on iOS 11.0.3. The text message will stay on the lock screen for ~ 30 seconds and then disappear. All of my settings, banners, and notifications are on. Potentially, when i wake up my iphone from sleep, theres no text message notification on the lock screen. I would have to hit the home button to unlock the phone and then go to the "message" icon to see that I have received text messages. I guess a wipe and sync with iTunes is in order now.

I still have issues with text messaging on iOS 11.0.3. The text message will stay on the lock screen for ~ 30 seconds and then disappear. All of my settings, banners, and notifications are on. Potentially, when i wake up my iphone from sleep, theres no text message notification on the lock screen. I would have to hit the home button to unlock the phone and then go to the "message" icon to see that I have received text messages. I guess a wipe and sync with iTunes is in order now.

Sounds like it. Which is at least a pain. Would be nice if that was unnecessary.

I'm about to go and get rid of my iphone over this stupid driving mode shit since my 6S finally forced me to update. Yes, I have it on "manual". It still takes up my whole screen. Every. Single. Time. I get out of the car. Begging me to turn it back on. This is literally the stupidest feature I've ever heard of and that will make this my first, last, and only apple product in my entire life.

Man, I've been looking for a way I can downgrade back to 10. 11 has been giving my 6+ nothing but trouble. Lag for apps, heck, at one point it told me it was 10 am, while it was really 1 pm.

...I was late for work that day.

I'm about to go and get rid of my iphone over this stupid driving mode shit since my 6S finally forced me to update. Yes, I have it on "manual". It still takes up my whole screen. Every. Single. Time. I get out of the car. Begging me to turn it back on. This is literally the stupidest feature I've ever heard of and that will make this my first, last, and only apple product in my entire life.

That's really weird. Not that wiping your phone is remotely convenient. I would try that. As that is the software operating in an unintended manner. I haven't seen a single warning for it, and no I don't have it on either.

Man, I've been looking for a way I can downgrade back to 10. 11 has been giving my 6+ nothing but trouble. Lag for apps, heck, at one point it told me it was 10 am, while it was really 1 pm.

...I was late for work that day.

I'd also recommend a clean wipe for this as well. Backup everything to either iCloud or local, then wipe it. See if that fixes your problems.

Already downloaded and running great on my iPad Air 2 and also running ok on my current backup iPhone 5S ( X arriving Friday, can’t wait! )

Also noticed that it took a big fat dump on my Bluetooth connection, now I can't play music over it at all in the car. It takes it 30-45 seconds to recognize a command from the buttons, refuses to auto-play from where it left off and stutters/skips the whole time like an old CD player that didn't have anti-skip.

Tin foil hat. Battery life improved by lowering CPU performance..... That's what it feels like on my 6s+.

I feel now like what ios7 ruined my iPhone 4.....

I don't feel that iOS 11 runs any worse than iOS 10 did on my iPhone 6.

iOS 11.1.2 is out today. The only "issue" I have noticed was the sound for alerts, etc. stopped functioning, but this was fixed by shutting my iPhone 6 off and restarting it. My iPad Pro sound worked properly after the update and did not require a shut down and restart.

Factory reset and restore has done wonders. Cleaning up some space had helped too. I suppose a fresh start applies to Apple as well.....

iOS 11.1.2 is out today. The only "issue" I have noticed was the sound for alerts, etc. stopped functioning, but this was fixed by shutting my iPhone 6 off and restarting it. My iPad Pro sound worked properly after the update and did not require a shut down and restart.

I just got this and installed it, it bricked my phone completely. Won't do anything, boots up and tries data recovery and then fails, shuts off, rinse and repeat.

Back