The iOS 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Products' started by UnknownSouljer, Sep 19, 2017.

1. faxel

faxel [H]Lite

My keyboard takes a while to show up on mini 2

2. UnknownSouljer

UnknownSouljer [H]ardness Supreme

11.0.1 dropped today. Updates/fixes are getting out quickly.

3. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

that update actually came out Wednesday.

4. UnknownSouljer

Wow nice. Didn’t get pushed to my phone and or notifying me to update until today.

5. gigatexal

gigatexal [H]ardness Supreme

I’m in the same boat but I’m going to do a clean install too

6. Zepher

Someone mentioned it Wednesday night and I went to settings update and it was there. It didn't pop up automatically.

7. Zepher

the only odd thing I am noticing is when in camera mode and you turn the phone from horizontal to landscape, the interface freaks out a bit when it is resetting the interface.

8. lopoetve

lopoetve Imhotep

Ok, this is driving me nuts.

Open a calendar event with an address. Used to be you could hold on it, copy, and paste wherever you wanted. Now you can only copy/paste a maps://string which is useless for anyone not on an iOS device (or even something like google maps, since apple maps is still pretty much crap).

9. UnknownSouljer

Interesting. I think I ran into the same problem while I was driving, but overlooked it because I didn't play around with it while stationary. I remember getting frustrated in the car though.

I can say this though, with Waze, it can link up to your calendar and then you can get route guidance to whatever your next appointment is in app. It's not 100% foolproof though. Sometimes it misses events or doesn't sync up. Still, this is definitely an oversight.

10. lopoetve

lopoetve Imhotep

I'll give waze a shot - been avoiding it because around here, it likes the side roads too much and doesn't do a good job of calculating "can you actually cross this 6 lane thoroughfare at a stop sign and not a light? No, no you can't...", but I'll definitely give it a try.

11. JustinCorrigible

JustinCorrigible Gawd

I may be in the minority but I do not like the new Siri voice, and I most certainly do not like the new App Store.

I quite like the update on my iPad Pro, however. I get the whole screenshot change (and being able to edit before saving), just took a bit to figure out why the hell it was doing it that way. Control Center works a lot better, and so does app switching. Kinda meh on my iPhone 6s. Much prefer the aesthetic of iOS 10 for that form factor.

12. iRUSH

iRUSH Gawd

iOS 11 has been a nightmare on my iPhone 7 till I did a factory reset. It’s wonderful now.

13. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger Ale, an alcoholic's best friend.

New iOS 11.0.3 out today as well, minor fixes.

UnknownSouljer likes this.
  14. evganerd

evganerd Limp Gawd

I still have issues with text messaging on iOS 11.0.3. The text message will stay on the lock screen for ~ 30 seconds and then disappear. All of my settings, banners, and notifications are on. Potentially, when i wake up my iphone from sleep, theres no text message notification on the lock screen. I would have to hit the home button to unlock the phone and then go to the "message" icon to see that I have received text messages. I guess a wipe and sync with iTunes is in order now.

15. UnknownSouljer

Sounds like it. Which is at least a pain. Would be nice if that was unnecessary.

16. ng4ever

ng4ever Flaccid 4Evar

iOS 11 is the great iOS release ever!