The highly rated HP Pavilion Slimline PC thread

Guess will not know the correct rating before letting the smoke out... As replacement the Shuttle PC50 seams ok, but pretty expensive though. How about this one,
HEC250SRT 250W .
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339004

Price ok, based on label gives 18 amp on the 12 V , should be sufficient for a mid range vga card.The location of the fan will be a problem, but might be swiched to another place.
One SATA only, but thats a minor adapter issue. Still need to mod the 24 pin micro fit atx connector to fit the mobo.

when you say "mid range", what are you considering ? I have seen 400 watt / 27 amp PSUs that couldn t keep a 9800gt stable...

maybe a low pro 9600 gt ?

hi guys

i can now confirm that the AMD 5050e 45w chipset runs as smooth as a babys bottom. it runs between .9v and 1.2v when running full speed. so if anyone is worrying about frying there motherboard or chip DONT! it works a treat and im sure this baby can be overclocked too but will try this at a later date :D

ive still to mod my case but due to work with xmas coming up this might be put on hold, will keep you posted.

i got a good deal with this chipset from dabs.com (UK) AMD5050e plus grid racer for £55 gbp :D

regards me

On the other hand, this unit had peak consumption 120W+ in original configuration so doubt that the info in HP page is correct. But for time beein don't have a clue
what psu i have.....Any ideas?

i had the same issue regarding PSU aswell, if you read my posts you will see that the sticker on my PSU was a misprint and is actually a 180w PSU.

im running a 9600gt, 4gb ram, 2.6ghz 45w chip blah blah blah and everything is running sweet as a nut!

i can play crysis but crysis warhead seems to crash my system but this is due to my case not having ventilation holes which im in the process of doing!

hope this helps :D

hi guys

here are some figures relating to benchmark tests however, may vary as to what ive read on forums/websites.

cpubenchmark.net provides the following ratings for AMD processors with speeds in that area:

Dual Core 4800+ = 996
Dual Core 5000+ = 1,024
FX-60 = 1,044
Dual Core 5400+ = 1,098
Dual Core 4850e = 1,105
5600+ = 1,112 or 1,132
FX-61 = 1,173
6000 + 1,236
6400 + 1,278

i rekon my processor is in the same league as 5600+ or greater :D :D :D

regards me

Few updates on my end:

Still waiting for new Power Supply(In-Win), as I thought I had a power issue. I was suspect about it being a power issue, but ordered nonetheless. Basically I upgraded stock ram to 2x2gb pc6400, and upgraded geforce8400gs to 9500gt. System would power up, but not post, no bios, nothing, but would remain powered. I thought it was a bios incompatibility or a power issue. I worked backwards(uninstalled everything then step by step reinstalled), and I think one of the ram modules wasnt seated properly. Now everything is back in and working fine. I kept the tuner out. So another data point - 3220n with 160w PS, running 65w CPU, 9500gt just fine. Will stress test to verify.

I am having driver issues though, if anyone is curious. The current nvidia drivers cause the screen to shift to the left and leave a big black bar on the right of my screen. Im using the latest certified drivers 178.24, but all the older ones exhibit the same issue. Using DVI to HDMI in case anyone wants to help. Thanks all!

hmm. you say you have a 9500gt in yours. What brand would that happen to be? Trying to figure out if anyone can tell a difference between thier 9500gt and a 8400gs

XFX 1gb ddr2 9500gt

I think the GDDR3 version only comes in full height. I only have the windows experience scores to compare, but as soon as i figure out this driver issue, I can post the results to compare the 9500gt to the 8400gs.

i had the same issue regarding PSU aswell, if you read my posts you will see that the sticker on my PSU was a misprint and is actually a 180w PSU.:D

Noted thanks, have seen your post, but still must say this is strange. Your sticker is different from mine, so now we have two different, wrongly labelled stickers….Another issue is that typically AMD configuration has the 160W psu, not the 180w. But might be that the first generation Slimline PSU’s (smaller silver case without the pci slot on the mobo) was 180w independently of cpu.

A remote possibility is that all the Slimline PSU’s are technically identically(180w) produced by the supplier/subcontractor, but labelled differently as per the minimum specifications of the Buyer(HP). From a serial production aspect such thing would make sense, but have no idea if this is the case regarding Slimlines. Performance differences seen on this thread between various PSU’s would then be only up to environmental /build quality issues. Have anyone had the opportunity to compare the construction details of the 160w and 180w Psu’s?

hi guys

nevermind the BS 8400gs or 9500gt, go the full hog and let the beast out of the cage.....

why doesnt everyone just buy the 9600gt low profile? is it price - possibly! in that case i would buy a 8600gt since i have had several cards within 1yr 4 months of my slimline life as ive upgraded from the 7500le to 8500gt to 8600gt and now 9600gt. what next.....hmmmm maybe 9800gt lol....would probably admit that this GPU would fry my PC for sure! Damn it Jim im a Doctor.....not a Doctor! :confused:

ok so there might be PSU issues etc... if you read my posts on my setup would you consider the same? most likely however, taking a chance is not everyones game but this doesnt stop us from modding our cases, overclocking our CPU's and GPU's!!!

another good thing would be to replace your CPU with the new 5050e as it saved me 20w on my 65w setup i had, it works a treat and runs as fast as a man with no legs (joke), seriously....go buy it NOW! before there all gone!

the heating issues i had with my case has cooled down slightly with this new CPU :). i will be modding the case with vent holes soon.

most people will be saying im an idiot, but if we dont take chances you wont get anywhere in life! in my case "if your in hell.....just keep on going!" things cant get any worse :D or can they :eek:

regards me

hi guys

nevermind the BS 8400gs or 9500gt, go the full hog and let the beast out of the cage.....

why doesnt everyone just buy the 9600gt low profile? is it price - possibly! in that case i would buy a 8600gt since i have had several cards within 1yr 4 months of my slimline life as ive upgraded from the 7500le to 8500gt to 8600gt and now 9600gt. what next.....hmmmm maybe 9800gt lol....would probably admit that this GPU would fry my PC for sure! Damn it Jim im a Doctor.....not a Doctor! :confused:

ok so there might be PSU issues etc... if you read my posts on my setup would you consider the same? most likely however, taking a chance is not everyones game but this doesnt stop us from modding our cases, overclocking our CPU's and GPU's!!!

another good thing would be to replace your CPU with the new 5050e as it saved me 20w on my 65w setup i had, it works a treat and runs as fast as a man with no legs (joke), seriously....go buy it NOW! before there all gone!

the heating issues i had with my case has cooled down slightly with this new CPU :). i will be modding the case with vent holes soon.

most people will be saying im an idiot, but if we dont take chances you wont get anywhere in life! in my case "if your in hell.....just keep on going!" things cant get any worse :D or can they :eek:

regards me

i like you. i would have actually took a chance, but i bought the 9500gt w.o knowing the 9600gt was out. but it is kind of pricy

most people will be saying im an idiot,

No kidding.

but if we dont take chances you wont get anywhere in life! in my case "if your in hell.....just keep on going!" things cant get any worse :D or can they :eek:

What the hell are you talking about?! There is no chance here! Were talking about wattage and voltage. It either fits the bill or it doesn't. Your preaching to the wrong quire.

Stop corrupting this archive.

Yet another update:

Still having driver issues...cleaned and reinstalled every modern(9500gt compatible) driver and my screen is still shifted left. I wish the newer nvidia drivers allowed for display to move and reposition, but I'll keep messing with it. Im also suspecting maybe a conflict driver/software or something. This has taken precidence over power upgrades/better video card, although the 300w In-Win did arrive from newegg(gotta love them).

Weirdly enough, performance with current nvidia drivers(178.24) seems pretty good. Im running vista x64, and upped my cpu to 65w 5600+ 2.9ghz. Before #s are with 5000+, 8400gs and 2gb ram. Summary:

Windows(before/after):
CPU: 5.1/5.3
Mem: 5.9/5.9
Vid1: 3.6/5.0
Vid2: 4.3/5.3
HD: 5.5/5.5

Additionally, using a more elaborate, but not great benchmark program, it appears that the 9500GT outperforms the 8400GS by about 10-15% in the 2D tests. About 60-65% in the 3D tests. Still need to run FPS comparisons and a stress test to make sure my system is stable. Hope all of this info(and some of the redundant info) helps, as I know a few people want to compare the 8400 to the 9500. In the long run, I'll prob go with more power and a 9600GT, but this is what I got for now. Thanks guys

What the hell are you talking about?! There is no chance here! Were talking about wattage and voltage. It either fits the bill or it doesn't. Your preaching to the wrong quire.
Stop corrupting this archive.

well spider if you were 100% correct then my computer would have blown up by now isnt that right? if it didnt fit the bill are you saying that people should stick with manufacturer settings....BS or are you saying im telling lies? and for me corrupting this lobby what the hell are you talking about? everyone is entitled to their opinion are they not?

now like i said in my post it doesnt stop people from modding there cases, CPU's and GPU's does this mean that you havent tried this at all.....BS. i will not get into an arguement over this when people contradict themselves meaning you. either do it or dont its up to you!

in my case everything works perfectly well so if you dont want to take chances then dont i certainly dont force people to do these things to their PC's. we are all adults here so dont add fuel to the fire it will only get worse :p

regards me

That is not what I am saying.

Chances are if someone has come across this thread, that person is looking for information on upgrading their HP Slimline computer. Whatever it may be, they are looking for a safe and reliable upgrade. This thread is overflowing with valuable information about the HP Slimline computer that can be more than suffice for one's research. Information which has been safe and fully tested. A GeForce 9600GT will not reliably work in an HP Slimline computer regardless if the PSU is 160W or 180W. That has been mentioned numerous times in this thread. Yet you still seem to think it is safe when even you yourself call it a "chance." You are biasing your opinion it is a reliable combination just because your computer works. What you do not understand is the internal damage that is being done to your PSU because of it. I never said it would not work. All I said, is that it would not work for very long. 'Very long' referring to a matter of weeks or even months depending on how much you use it and how you use it.

I am not trying to start a fight. Like you said, we are all adults here. I am trying to prevent information created from an assumed basis from making its way into this archive and then damaging other peoples computers. That is my objective.

Let this be the final edit, if you will, to the controversy started up over this card. The GeForce 9600GT will only work reliably and safely in an HP Slimline computer, if, and only if, the PSU is upgraded, or a supplemental PSU is added.

This is not opinion, this is fact. End of story.

HP Answer to my question a few posts ago regarding the 5050e ...
"Victor M : Well Nate Hp doesn't recommend changing the system configuration, but this processor is compatible with the system but let me inform that some times this might cause the issue with system bios and you might have to re-tatoo the system board."

Yet you still seem to think it is safe when even you yourself call it a "chance."

i fully understand what you and others have said, i never said for 1 second that this was a safe option. people did say however, that i will seriously damage my system and i acknowledge that, this is the chance im taking just like many others who do modding!. all i was trying to say was that its working for every day use wether it be playing Crysis, C&C3 using applications and browse internet....then im happy :)

if my PC blows up, melts, smokes etc... then i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong to do it but its working fine just now. if this lasts another 2-3 years of the same day to day runnings then thats bonus!

im not encouraging any1 to do what im doing, just letting people know that it can be done and that it works for me.......but for how long? :eek:

im sure my system is running near capacity regarding voltage/wattage which is bordline suicide but like i said why walk when you can run! heh heh!

regards me

HP Answer to my question a few posts ago regarding the 5050e ...
"Victor M : Well Nate Hp doesn't recommend changing the system configuration, but this processor is compatible with the system but let me inform that some times this might cause the issue with system bios and you might have to re-tatoo the system board."

can you explain this retatoo thing?

regards me

I believe he is referring to reflashing the BIOS.

Anyways, kakawak, fine. People just need to understand that the way you setup your 9600GT isn't the safest nor the proper way to do it. With that being said, please don't suggest the idea to other people. And please, for the love of all that's great, don't tell people to take chances with something plugged into a power outlet. There is no chance there, just physics problem stating whether it works or not. If you don't know, don't do it. Please understand I am trying to stress this point as much as I can in the most professional way possible.

On another note, think I got a faulty sensor here?:p
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/HornHead8898/Untitled-2-2.jpg

Update on my current setup(160w ps, 65w 5600x2, 4gb ram, 9500gt):

Ran overnight with prime, no lockups.

CPU temps max at 48C.

360 - what cooler are you using on core1...some new copper? jk That app looks nice, can I find it as CPU ID Hardware Monitor?

Have a s3120n and installed the 45 watt BE-2400 CPU. Core temps at load are around low 40’s (idle around mid-20’s) – although there is a 5 degree difference between the cores. Installed an HP (asus) 9500GS that I bought off of someone who was upgrading their later model slimline. Figured that since HP sold more recent slimlines with 65 watt AMD processors, the 9500GS and a tuner card – all powered by the stock 160watt PSU – that I would have a rather safe config. Not so…

After installing the 9500GS – (this is a 9500GS from a later model slimline) – Ntune measures the GPU as steady with load around 60 degress – however it also shows the imbedded GPU at 91 to 95 degrees under load (nforc). That is just too hot! Wish there was some way to truly disable the onboard! I left the tuner card installed next to the stock 9500gs.

Running itunes for about an hour – the first symptom appears – audio starts cutting out. Left running – audio completely fails. This occurs using either the onboard speaker connection or the HDMI out on the 9500gs.

Certainly appears that it may be a heat issue vs power. The machine is in a location that the vents holes on the case are not obstructed. Does anyone know if the later model (ie – later than the s3120n) have a different cooling setup? Any suggestions on additional cooling configurations? This config of an HP 9500GS, tuner card, BE-2400 on the 160watt power supply should be stable as is… however looks like additional cooling is needed… so much for trying the safe conservative route for a graphics card upgrade!

RECALLED COMPUTERS NOT REPAIRED!

It still forgets to boot with pci-e card half the time. It locked up playing C&C Tiberian Sun, it still freezes just sitting there even with the onboard card.

....so in that respect I think a 9400GT would be a perfect fit.
The driver cd does not contain actual Vista drivers. I have removed it and plugged it back in the board 3 times. Fail, Fail, success! But it only rebooted twice before it refused to load and then I was back to onboard video only. The onboard video does not push resolutions like 1920x1200 for my big old Viewsonic 28"

Hey guys with the XFX 9500GT -
How loud/quiet is the card?

And some info for other people: I had already upgraded to a PNY 8600GT but the fan is being pretty loud with a high pitched whining, But it might be that the fan in my card is just defective as when i mess with the fan a little it goes to a sound which i think would be normal but then goes back to being loud later.

Have a s3120n and installed the 45 watt BE-2400 CPU. Core temps at load are around low 40’s (idle around mid-20’s) – although there is a 5 degree difference between the cores. Installed an HP (asus) 9500GS that I bought off of someone who was upgrading their later model slimline. Figured that since HP sold more recent slimlines with 65 watt AMD processors, the 9500GS and a tuner card – all powered by the stock 160watt PSU – that I would have a rather safe config. Not so…

After installing the 9500GS – (this is a 9500GS from a later model slimline) – Ntune measures the GPU as steady with load around 60 degress – however it also shows the imbedded GPU at 91 to 95 degrees under load (nforc). That is just too hot! Wish there was some way to truly disable the onboard! I left the tuner card installed next to the stock 9500gs.

Running itunes for about an hour – the first symptom appears – audio starts cutting out. Left running – audio completely fails. This occurs using either the onboard speaker connection or the HDMI out on the 9500gs.

Certainly appears that it may be a heat issue vs power. The machine is in a location that the vents holes on the case are not obstructed. Does anyone know if the later model (ie – later than the s3120n) have a different cooling setup? Any suggestions on additional cooling configurations? This config of an HP 9500GS, tuner card, BE-2400 on the 160watt power supply should be stable as is… however looks like additional cooling is needed… so much for trying the safe conservative route for a graphics card upgrade!

Your chipset is overheating. There is no way it should ever register at around 91-95C. (about 200F!) But you are in luck. Your model, s3120n, is on the list of recently recalled HP Slimlines by HP for that exact reason. The sound processor, integrated GPU, and chipset are all inside that one chip, so that's why your sound is cutting out. For right now all I can suggest to try and lower your temperatures would be to go into your BIOS and set your display adapter default to PCI-E instead of on-board. (Don't worry if you take your video card out because it will revert back to on-board.) This is definitely something you need to talk to HP about though.

First, don't do this at home.....secondly, this really ruins your case and waranty... But anyway, in case LP versions of this card will be available with simmilar specs, here some initial findings for those of you who might be interested:

Previous configuration was --4850E / 2MB/1000GB/7500LE. idle 58 W(AC, measured from AC socket 220v), highest peak was during gamplay CMR 04,05 abt 131 W. However this includes the abt 30 % loss to heat of the PSU, thus think the system consumes DC about 90-95 W.

New configuration --4850E / 2MB/1000GB/Sapphire 4670. idle 63 W(AC, measured from AC socket 220v), highest peak was during gamplay CMR 04,05 abt 154 W. Also this includes the abt 30 % loss to heat of the PSU, thus think the system consumes DC about 110 W.

I cant guarantee those figures, but this was really the higest figures so far. Could not get 3dmark 06 running with the 4670, but have always get higher consumption with CMR anyway. Sapphires wersion of this card throtles at idle the core speed and also the GPU fan.

Unfortunately LP wersions often has the DDR2 memory, and also other differences might apply if such cards will be available.

For time been, have the side open so can't compare temps, however 4760 chipset is much cooler than the 7500 le, that peaked at about 100 c. Was planning to get a new psu, however as the increased load on the psu is rather small, might not be nesessery. Will deside when tested further, but so far no problems at all.

But again, this one you can't manage without tools.....

Will post some pics when have completed the mod of the the case, how can i copy pics directly to a post?

Your chipset is overheating. There is no way it should ever register at around 91-95C. (about 200F!) But you are in luck. Your model, s3120n, is on the list of recently recalled HP Slimlines by HP for that exact reason. The sound processor, integrated GPU, and chipset are all inside that one chip, so that's why your sound is cutting out. For right now all I can suggest to try and lower your temperatures would be to go into your BIOS and set your display adapter default to PCI-E instead of on-board. (Don't worry if you take your video card out because it will revert back to on-board.) This is definitely something you need to talk to HP about though.

That’s for comments. That does seem in line with the HP recall on the chipset. I have not called HP yet – but I did read through the notification when it first came out and just reviewed it again. Do you know anyone who has been successful with a claim? The symptoms they specifiy are “may not boot or may not display video”. The root cause of these symptoms may be the chipset/GPU overheating – but I would anticipate that they would only entertain replacing the mainboard if the machine exhibits the exact symptoms. Although my chipset is obviously overheating – it does still display graphics and does boot.

I removed the 9500GS and ran ntune monitor again while just playing itunes. The integrated GPU (displayed as the ‘nForc’ in ntune monitor) levels out at 84 degrees Celsius after 15 min’s.

That’s for comments. That does seem in line with the HP recall on the chipset. I have not called HP yet – but I did read through the notification when it first came out and just reviewed it again. Do you know anyone who has been successful with a claim? The symptoms they specifiy are “may not boot or may not display video”. The root cause of these symptoms may be the chipset/GPU overheating – but I would anticipate that they would only entertain replacing the mainboard if the machine exhibits the exact symptoms. Although my chipset is obviously overheating – it does still display graphics and does boot.

I removed the 9500GS and ran ntune monitor again while just playing itunes. The integrated GPU (displayed as the ‘nForc’ in ntune monitor) levels out at 84 degrees Celsius after 15 min’s.

Ran ntune monitor again with the system at complete idle – this is a s3120n with a BE-2400 processor and no PCIe graphics card installed. Left the system idling and the temp of the integrated GPU/chipset rose to 91 degrees within an hour.

Just got off the phone with HP Support and they have agreed to bring the system in on the extended warrantee program even though it does not have the complete shutdown symptoms described in their notice. Will be interesting to see what the temp of the internal GPU is once the board is replaced. Hopefully will be cool enough to put the 9500GS back in and have it behave normally.

Thanks for the comments and advise 360Spider!

QUESTION FOR C NUMB?????
what are you using to test all the voltage/wattage etc for your system? i would like to total all my volts/watts. although my PC is working fine i would like to be certain!!!!

can someone tell me if there is anyway that you can change or use a 3rd party bios? why do HP supply their computers with $hitty bios setups, they really do suck and have as much options as a chocolate teapot! it would be good to change other settings rather than date & time :D

regards me

I'am testing directly from the AC power chord. Thus testing total power consumption. The tool i am using is not profesional quality, but i have had reasonably accurate readings comparing with known source's, so its good enough for me. Anyway the error measuring the change in consumption with various components can not be significant, even though the absolute reading would be inaccurate.

I would be supprise if the Slimline psu would deliver a better utilisation rate than 70% when converting to DC power( its so hot), therefore i deduct 30% when calculating DC consumption. So figures are basically gestimates, but might be close to real numbers.

Now when having had the case open iam convinsed that a lot of the issues people have with the slimlines are related to heat, not only lack of power. Everything is so much cooler this way. Will in the future use a 120 m silent fan to remove air out of the case( through the cpu cooler and northbridge) but slightly bisy now so it will take som time.

The good thing with the limited BIOS is that i have never had a blue scree´n on this PC, that thanks to limited tweaking utilities......

The tool i am using is not profesional quality, but i have had reasonably accurate readings comparing with known source's, so its good enough for me

which tool are you referring to when your testing your equipment for voltage/wattage totals???

regards me

update on mine: I ordered a sapphire 3650 - video performance is greatly improved. I have run the system in "normal" and "performance" modes, without any glitches, or significant rise in temps.

on the topic of cooling, I also purchased a PS3 cooler, with bb fans (mainly because it was the cheapest source for small ball bearing fans, with usb power, and on/off switch all on a breadboard.)

I'll post pics later, but its basically the same concept as others who used the laptop coolers. I paid about 15.00 shipped, YMMV. You can get non ball bearing versions for 5-6.00 shipped.

You should be comfortable soldering if you go this route, but its really a piece of cake. You need to hack apart the plastic casing of the ps3 cooler, obviously, and once done, 3 fans fit across the rear vent, blowing out. 1 fan can be used at the bottom, sucking inward (to alleviate some of the airflow issues the long-ish sapphire card may introduce). You may need to extend the wiring. Old headphones are a good source for the right gauge wiring needed. To secure the rear fans, not much is needed.. they pretty much wedge in between the top of the case frame, and tabs that extend below the vent. I used compression clips that i had laying around from a car's interior, for a neat look. only two per fan, and one on the last one were needed.

I haven't experienced any vibration noise.. the fans themselves are barely audible (main reason i prefer BB over brush or sleeve variants) and it moves a decent amount of warm air, which means its doing its job... removing warm air from the case faster than just letting it vent out on it's own.

As for power - I have no intention of using the media drive bay, so i removed it. This gives you an internal USB power source. I combined it with a USB A to B female converter and re-soldered everything up again. The on/off switch, i personally did away with but it can easily be integrated into one of the spare metal knockouts, if you have any. I did - but i used it for the VGA portion of my graphics cars, rather than taking up an extra slot.

so far, so good. total was under 20.00, and doesn't require you to cut into your existing wiring.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Which tool are you referring to when your testing your equipment for voltage/wattage totals???

This is the one....its the only web page that come up when searching the model number. Its in Norweigan though....... but You will get the picture.

http://se.malmbergs.no/brA/_pdf/4200500.pdf

Base on this review "http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1590/17/sapphire_radeon_hd_4670_in_crossfire/index.html" , the Sapphire 4670 uses substansially less than a 9500GT both idle and load. Anyway pretty sure that will have no problem as max increase compared to my 7500LE is only 23 W and typically only about 5 W. Picture is very good, and gaming not even comperable.......

So I am sending my s3100n box back again to HP for repair. I'd really like to know why my xfx video card only worked once and on subsequent reboots, does not even show up in device manager.

Also the on board video barely handles pushing 1920x1200 for my 28" Viewsonic. Fullscreen video is horribly choppy and out of synch with the audio track. As expected.

I am however tempted to get a newer generation s36xx because they have different onboard cards and maybe order from HP directly with the 9500 card they now offer. That would basically make this one my 'guest' computer or I can make it a transcoder box for all the video I do.

Im a little upset with myself for throwing in the towel on my xfx card, but I'll add my $.02 to TestShoot's post:

Ive been trying to configure my 9500gt for about a week. Tried every single driver from nvidia that supported the Geforce 9 seires(beta and regular). Each time I removed the driver, cleaned all registry/etc and installed the new one. I cannot get the image to be centered on my monitor. 1900x1200 is shifted left as if its extending onto another monitor, but I only have one monitor connected. All other resolutions have the same issue, in varying degrees. Ive tried multiple monitors, that all resulted in the same issue. As a last ditch effort, in case of any software/driver conflicts, I reintalled windows and with standard vga adapter, at least the image is centered. Then I tried a nvidia driver and the issue came back. I searched the internet/nvidia forums for people experiencing the same issue, but have been unable to find a solution.

I think Im done with the XFX card. I ordered both a 8500gt and a 9600gt from galaxy as most people have used these successfully, and hopefully my issues go away.

Back