The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

Ive had the TV for 6 months already, my power bill is uneffected. My TV does not buzz, and does not flicker.

My wife accidentally went to bed with the TV left on all night on the Guide last week. I woke up to a burned in imaged of the Dish logo... I turned on the pixel sweeper and in about 5 minutes, it was gone.

I used to think like you do... and this was my first Plasma. Plasmas have come a long way, and it beats any LCD or LEDs that I have looked at, and I am currently still looking since I am shopping for a new TV to replace my old 42" LG LCD in my master bedroom.

Its ok if you want to hate Plasmas as many do suffer from the issues you listed, however, your statements do not apply to the ST30.

I think your first mistake was assuming that I just purchased the TV, however, it s now 6 months old.

Ive had the TV for 6 months already, my power bill is uneffected. My TV does not buzz, and does not flicker.

My wife accidentally went to bed with the TV left on all night on the Guide last week. I woke up to a burned in imaged of the Dish logo... I turned on the pixel sweeper and in about 5 minutes, it was gone.

I used to think like you do... and this was my first Plasma. Plasmas have come a long way, and it beats any LCD or LEDs that I have looked at, and I am currently still looking since I am shopping for a new TV to replace my old 42" LG LCD in my master bedroom.

Its ok if you want to hate Plasmas as many do suffer from the issues you listed, however, your statements do not apply to the ST30.

I think your first mistake was assuming that I just purchased the TV, however, it s now 6 months old.

The power consumption of your LCD tv and plasma are different. Plasma TVA use more power and create kore heat.

And all plasmas flicker!

Your comment said to watch out for my Energy Bill, which I kindly stated has not moved what so ever. If you like, I can even show you the 3 year history in my months comparison and show you that my bill actually went down since the previous years. So the type of energy it uses makes no difference to me, only the raw cost.

Secondly, my plasma does not flicker, and if you insist that it does, not a single person has ever noticed it or commented on it.

Thirdly, not too sure why you have such an interest in my tv, when 1) its not yours, 2) its not your concern.

Please take your comments aimed to do nothing more than talk down towards something that someone else likes and enjoys and place them elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason for it. If you dont like plasma, dont buy one... I dont personally care what you think about LCD-CCFL, LCD-LED, or Plasmas, my money, my taste, and my TV.

My Panasonic Viera runs rather cool. The newer ones are much more efficient. Mine flickers but..... at 480Hz! You need super sensitive eyes to notice it!
Alas, some people are special.

Your comment said to watch out for my Energy Bill, which I kindly stated has not moved what so ever. If you like, I can even show you the 3 year history in my months comparison and show you that my bill actually went down since the previous years. So the type of energy it uses makes no difference to me, only the raw cost.

Secondly, my plasma does not flicker, and if you insist that it does, not a single person has ever noticed it or commented on it.

Thirdly, not too sure why you have such an interest in my tv, when 1) its not yours, 2) its not your concern.

Please take your comments aimed to do nothing more than talk down towards something that someone else likes and enjoys and place them elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason for it. If you dont like plasma, dont buy one... I dont personally care what you think about LCD-CCFL, LCD-LED, or Plasmas, my money, my taste, and my TV.

Just looking up your model, it only uses 180watts ( so they say ) but doesnt say what it uses full brightness etc etc. ANWYAS its A SHIT LOAD less than the plasmas that were out 2 years ago, the 50" Panasonic Plasmas were sitting at 800-1100 watts, and they HEATED rooms easily..

Aparently the newer units are nicer on the energy bill & heat producing.

I was simply stating some facts before, i can't have one because they all flicker and i can't watch a flickering tv i get a headache very quickly..

I can understand how some people are sensitive to various frequencies. Do fluorescent lights bother you too? Im surprised that 600hz bothers you but 60/120/240 doesnt.

Truth be told, I have the following TVs, and I notice no flicker in the plasma when compared to the other models.

Samsung 6000 series LED 46" 120hz
LG LCD 42" 60hz
Panasonic 50" ST30 600hz
Insignia 32" LCD 60hz

But as I mentioned, this is my first plasma and I took a gamble on it since I knew the old plasmas were horrible. I dont run my plasma in "Burn Mode" or in other words, very bright settings since I hate the way dynamic and high contrasts look. My display is fully calibrated, and most people think that calibrated TVs are too dark, but once you get used to it, its so much easier on the eyes and natural. I honestly felt that my old Samsung LCD was hotter than this plasma.

Also, I have a watt stopper and can tell you that my entire Entertainment Center with the following setup uses only 290 watts when watching movies, at a decent volume level.

Panasonic ST30 50" 600hz Plasma
LG 3D Blu-Ray Player
Yamaha 7.1 Surround Sound with 12" Subwoofer and 5 speakers (I use 5.1 instead of the 7.1
Dish Network Hopper DVR
Netgear 600N Wireless Base station
Motorola Wideband Router/Modem combo

I turned on all of the components and popped a movie in to the player. I left the DVR on even though I was using my disc player to see what max usage of my setup is. I measured the wattage right at the wall with the power being drawn from the power strip.

I think that many people who dont know any better, crank up the brightness on their TVs and kill their efficiency.

I can understand how some people are sensitive to various frequencies. Do fluorescent lights bother you too? Im surprised that 600hz bothers you but 60/120/240 doesnt.

Truth be told, I have the following TVs, and I notice no flicker in the plasma when compared to the other models.

Samsung 6000 series LED 46" 120hz
LG LCD 42" 60hz
Panasonic 50" ST30 600hz
Insignia 32" LCD 60hz

But as I mentioned, this is my first plasma and I took a gamble on it since I knew the old plasmas were horrible. I dont run my plasma in "Burn Mode" or in other words, very bright settings since I hate the way dynamic and high contrasts look. My display is fully calibrated, and most people think that calibrated TVs are too dark, but once you get used to it, its so much easier on the eyes and natural. I honestly felt that my old Samsung LCD was hotter than this plasma.

yes florescent to bother my eyes. same with CRT monitors & plasmas.

LED / lcd tv's and their refresh rate is a shit shoot, a led / lcd tv doesn't turn on and off at speeds its either ON or off, Plasmas switch on and off.. Hence the flickering. I know they have gotten better and better, but it still bothers me..

yes florescent to bother my eyes. same with CRT monitors & plasmas.

LED / lcd tv's and their refresh rate is a shit shoot, a led / lcd tv doesn't turn on and off at speeds its either ON or off, Plasmas switch on and off.. Hence the flickering. I know they have gotten better and better, but it still bothers me..

I feel bad for you, truly..I cannot be subjected to florescent lighting of ANY kind, without it giving me a near instant horrific migraine..I have been trying to finish my bachelor's degree, but every damn room in school uses florescent lighting, and it is hell..I have spent thousands on different types of "glasses", had 4 surgeries (11 total incisions) to sever various nerves, all with no luck..I have seen some of the best neurologists in the country, and so far have gotten little help..I currently use a 42" Panasonic LED back lit set as my main monitor..It uses an A-IPS panel, and I sit roughly 5.5' feet from it.

Yeah, some people are incredibly sensitive to the light and refresh rate of light emitting electronics. I;m surprised that a 600hz Plasma bothers him since the refresh rate is so much higher than the normal eye and brain can notice.

dashpuppy, what about slow refresh TVs like 60hz or even 120hz?

Got some nice looking man caves :cool: can't wait to set one up once I purchase my first house. Though mine will be more like the family game/theater room :rolleyes: lol.

Added some new equipment

Oppo BDP-93 and 6 Epson 3D Glasses

IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Epson 6010 3D Projector

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

Link to all pictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/107542...&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXLlObxk8qOMQ&feat=directlink

ok... my new office... just moved in a couple weeks ago... still come tuning to do but here it is so far

(yeah I know it's not xmas, but I likes the colored lights..)

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

what's stuffed in the closet
IMG_0525.jpg

I have a doom poster and an unreal poster on order which I am going to frame and put up... also thinking about another shelf of display case video cards where the RC truck is.. I have a tote full of ATI cards and a couple other rare-ish older nvidia cards.. I have a Soltek Golden Flame mobo also trying to find a shadow box for.

well... it's a good start but there's still a lot to do. :)

I see a hilift, Hot Racing rims(they could also be the RCMart ones), RC4WD 1.9 Rock crushers, someone's oldschool 4 link kit(not sure who's), Proline scaler shocks, Proline accessories. I'm gonna assume there is a castle sidewinder or similar in there based on the castle link on the board. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say Spektrum radio because of the bindplug on the board. That means you probably have an air radio. I'm just gonna commit and say DX5e.

Man, I spend a lot of time doing nothing. lol

EDIT: I see a Futaba down there. I must be wrong. lol

lol.. very close. rims are some chinese ebay ones, but pretty nice.. shocks are Axial, AX10? radio is a Futaba 4PL.. have a DX3 also for my other trucks. Anyways.. the 4link (JunFac) on the highlift makes it a strange beast.. it can crawl with the best of them but it's so heavy.. and it gets some pretty bad torque steer... if I keep it in 1st and 2nd gears I am usually ok but 3rd gear is too fast for all the suspension travel this truck has.. lol. I have a mamba max pro and 4-pole 3800kv motor in it a 13t pinion...

yadda yadda... I was kind of shooting for this look

f350_4link_3.jpg

I got the 2.2s and all but there's so much rub I cant use them..

here's a better shot of the truck in it's "now" form

F350-photo12.jpg

[snip]
Man, I spend a lot of time doing nothing. lol
[snip]

lol.. you and me both.

ok,,, now back to your regularly scheduled man cave talk. :D

Shucks. I was gonna guess Gmade 4link. I didn't even think of axials aluminum body shocks. They're the same color as the proline ones.

The rims you bought are also sold on RCMart so I was still mostly correct. lol.

Oh man, Helicopters? I can't do that. lol.

Gmade is Junfac I am pretty sure. :)

I think the rims are Losi copies. :)

I got a couple micro helis.. coaxs.. just for fun around the house on the rainy day.

I love the High-Lift. I have one with a few mods. I also still have a TLT crawler with a Bender SW2 chassis.

The TLT.
IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

The High-Lift
IMG_1788.jpg

Last edited:
Any of you guys remember the tamaya with the hi low gears really good at crawling ! Those were sweet!

Yeah.. the Bruiser I think was the first with a tranny.. all metal also. they just re-released it but the kit is like a grand. the high lift and some others have a 3 speed tranny also. Not as bullet proof as the bruisers but still pretty fun and durable.

I never built a kit...They were too mainstream.

Here, have a derail on my part.

Original AX10 Kit
SCX10 Chassis
DSC00117.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

Bruiser. Yes, Bruiser.
DSC02061Medium.jpg

DSC02062Medium.jpg

DSC02064Medium.jpg

P7200003.jpg

P8100001.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

6th scale ranger
DSC01947.jpg

Kyosho Rock Force
DSC01508.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

Micro
DSC00269.jpg

Willys
DSC00414.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

SANY0029.jpg

Oh wow, I spammed pictures. Woops. We should probably have a thread for this. lol

put up some more decorations... I got spots for two more mobos... thinking DFI UT p35 and then the Soltek Golden Flame... but that one has some leaky caps I want to replace first.

IMG_0532.jpg

The DIMMs on the Dragon Platinum are Giel Dragon series ddr modules. All dragon!! :D

doubledragon.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah... the silver PCB is hot... I also loved the Sapphire pure white PCBs... those are so hard to find but I am always on the lookout. :p

got my video game posters.... need to get a black matte background for the doom one..

IMG_0548.jpg

(I moved the speaker wire and centered the picture... thinking about an orange background also..hmmm)
doom_picture.jpg

I tracked down a dead Sapphire PI-A9RX480 motherboard also for the wall collection...

edit: sweet merciful crap

I wish I had the room for this... oooohhh mama

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
getting some more decor added

(sorry, kind of large)

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

that fx5950 ultra is mint.. an ebay score for like $15. :p (looks like it may have a resistor chipped off it in the lower right tho :eek: I did run it for a while in my P4 rig, ran fine, hot... those things tossed out some heat for sure.)

Last edited:
that is a very sweet find coop! i would be jealous if my gf wouldnt murder me in my sleep if i showed up with that thing.

Back