The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

The final days of my main floor man cave.

pf8Xf.jpg

I've been kicked out to make a toy room for my little guy.

fJmSx.jpg

I'll post some pics soon of the new man cave.

Looks like the little guy isn't happy about you losing the cave either! Even at that age they want a man cave /lol

Well I moved so here is the new mancave (i.e. the living room lol)

Here's the updated equipment list and some pics:

Equipment List:
TV: Panasonic 60" ST30 Plasma
Receiver/Pre-amp: Integra DTR 5.9
Amplifier: Carver AV-705x
Fronts: Polk LSi 15's modded with a db840 sub (crossover upgrade next)
Center: Polk LSi C
Surrounds: Polk LSi F/X (wall mounted)
Sub: Polk PSW125 (being replaced eventually and moved to the office)
Misc Gear: Xbox 360, Samsung BP-1600 blu ray player, Uverse DVR, Pioneer laserdisc player

Here are some pics of the cable management in the rack. I managed to keep ALL the power, HDMI, IC's and Speaker wire totally separate. Took a bunch of doing, but its done for a LONG LONG LONG TIME.

Like it! Nice, clean setup you have there. The only thing I would do differently is paint the white conduit the same colour as the wall so it doesn't stand out as much! :p
Top effort! :D

Also, just noticed you are listening to Skillet, love me some Skillet!

Yeah, and nobody wants the pink one. It guarantees getting in on every game. Lol

Equipment List:
Receiver/Pre-amp: Integra DTR 5.9
Amplifier: Carver AV-705x
Fronts: Polk LSi 15's modded with a db840 sub (crossover upgrade next)
Center: Polk LSi C
Surrounds: Polk LSi F/X (wall mounted)
Sub: Polk PSW125 (being replaced eventually and moved to the office)
Misc Gear: Xbox 360, Samsung BP-1600 blu ray player, Uverse DVR, Pioneer laserdisc player

Here are some pics of the cable management in the rack. I managed to keep ALL the power, HDMI, IC's and Speaker wire totally separate. Took a bunch of doing, but its done for a LONG LONG LONG TIME.

nice set up, be careful with that BP-1600 those have a high failure rate in my previous experience at Geek Squad saw a lot of customers return these and for them to be sent out to be repaired quite often

Some of these setups are so crazy. You guys are nuts (and I'm super envious).

Sorry guys, haven't checked back in a bit so I thought I would respond to some of the comments on my setup lol....

Like it! Nice, clean setup you have there. The only thing I would do differently is paint the white conduit the same colour as the wall so it doesn't stand out as much! :p
Top effort! :D

Also, just noticed you are listening to Skillet, love me some Skillet!

We did paint it, just not at that time. My mother in law had the paint we used (she wanted the remainder after seeing how good it looked :D

And yes Skillet is awesome! My uncle knows them through friends. Needless to say I have all their CD's :). Not a fan of all of them, but they have a couple winners IMHO.

Hey man - love the cable management.

Thank you, that about 5 hours of work. AND I HAVE TO REDO IT NEXT WEEKEND :eek:. But thats ok, because I am getting a nice big powerful 2 channel amp (Carver TFM-35) for my fronts so I will have 7 channels of dedicated amp and only 5 speakers (so I will be adding height's at some point) :eek:. The Integra is getting replaced with a Onkyo 709 later this year hopefully.

P.S. I didnt leave it that messy with the cables to the amp, its a bit more cleaned up I just stopped taking pics as I was running out of time....

Why is there a pink xbox controller in your "man cave"?

That my friend is how you get your WIFE to play Xbox with you, offer to buy her a hot pink controller and her own headset ;). Its all about the accessories lol... I offered to "Bedazzle" her controller and headset too but she said no to that one :)

nice set up, be careful with that BP-1600 those have a high failure rate in my previous experience at Geek Squad saw a lot of customers return these and for them to be sent out to be repaired quite often

Yeah, mine wont play DVD's lol, explain that one to me. It will play EVERY blu-ray I put in but wont play any DVD's anymore. Says there is a problem with the disc lol.... I called Samsung twice and they advised me I had to wait for the next firmware update TO PLAY DVDs WTF?!?!?! Thankfully the Xbox 360 does a bang up job of playing them. I plan on replacing the Samsung with either an Oppo 93, or a Sony S790 in July. Samsung gets no more of my money anytime soon!

Enders.. that is one clean and comfy looking setup. :)

Yes, yes it is.

Because the pink controllers are the best controllers...

My wife would concur lol...

Yeah, and nobody wants the pink one. It guarantees getting in on every game. Lol

It also guarantee's its the one that will last the longest lol. I have been through 5 controllers so far (wear the springs out)... that one is still standing hehe...

Last edited:
Mine's more a man fortress since the fiance hasn't moved in yet, so I get the whole hosue to myself for just a little while longer...

snip

you are living the life my man, dont ruin it by getting married! jk congrats to you. do you mind telling a bit more about the server station real quick, and possibly posting a picture of the games in the game room too? love the backlights btw. :)

Where exactly do you guys get those Ikea lights at. I went to the Ikea site and only saw the white led strips not any colored ones..

At least you guys all got a "cave." I got a closet...
photo%25281%2529.JPG

Living room htpc(complete with ghetto pillow baby proofing)
photo%25283%2529.JPG

At least you guys all got a "cave." I got a closet...

Living room htpc(complete with ghetto pillow baby proofing)
[/IMG]

i know exactly how you feel, when my eldest son was born in 2008, i had sell all my kit, i had a natty old laptop and no pc and just had my 360 and ps3 for gaming my desk was more less same size as yours housing my my nas,modem,router and switch. four years on and 2 more kids later i have a proper pc for gamin again and almost there in getting a new extension built fot my HT and gaming needs. it pays off in the end and the hassle is totally worth it

My man cave Star Trek

P1030928.jpg

P1030930.jpg

Screen used costume from Kasidy Yates (DS9)
P1030942.jpg

Show pic
forthecause_078.jpg

Screen used costume from Zoumas (Enterprise)
P1030943.jpg

Show pic
canamar_336.jpg

My Alienware ALX
P1030950.jpg

Screen used costume from Kira Nerys (DS9)
P1030952.jpg

Show pic
sp1.jpg

P1030954.jpg

P1030959.jpg

My desk homemade
P1030962.jpg

Necron!
P1030964.jpg

My LCARS 200cm print! (lcars-studio.com)
P1000570.jpg

Level 10: Core i7 [email protected], 32Gb DDR3, SSD Raid0, Asus DirectCU II HD 7970...
P1030968.jpg

Fry stole the ram! ^^
P1030975.jpg

P1020589.jpg

And into the night...
P1030978.jpg

I hope you weren't trying to run that sodimm on the x79. ;)

Very cool stuff!

Well, I just moved into my condo... I've yet to do cable management.. but here it is.

office by Chris Perscky, on Flickr

I had that same entertainment center, or one 99% similar. Watch out for bowing that will probably happen in the middle from the weight of the tv. I ran a 42" hp plasma on it and after a year or so, I could tell the wood was starting to bow down.

If you find something to support it on the bottom in the middle, it should help a bit. :)

What heatspreader is that on the ram?

The ram is Corsair Vengeance but the heatspreader was too high for my watercooling. So I changed. These are simple Chinese aluminum heatspreader. They cool as well as Corsair and they go with the golden color of the capacitors on the motherboard.

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/190404473133?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That's nice

u use rainmeter or something?, what is the name of that skin/theme

Thanks. Yes it's Rainmeter and the skins is Circuitous http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?q=circuitous

And thanks all for comment :) (and yes, I love Ezri ^^)

Sweet collection Lemandarin. I like how you got the futurama guys set up. I always wanted one of the v masks. May I ask what you job is? I'd love to be able to afford a quarter of that stuff lol.

Love the collection going on. One day be able to get mine all fancied up like most of you have. :)

Same exact plasma that I replaced my Samsung LN46C630 LCD that died after 9 months (Samsung actually bought it back from me since it had the same problem 3 times in a single 12 month period leading me to claim Lemon Law on them... they had no choice)

I took the money from them buying back my TV, added more money to it and got the Panasonic ST30 Plasma... by far the most amazing picture of all the Plasmas in my opinion. They didnt win CES choice awards for nothing!

Same exact plasma that I replaced my Samsung LN46C630 LCD that died after 9 months (Samsung actually bought it back from me since it had the same problem 3 times in a single 12 month period leading me to claim Lemon Law on them... they had no choice)

I took the money from them buying back my TV, added more money to it and got the Panasonic ST30 Plasma... by far the most amazing picture of all the Plasmas in my opinion. They didnt win CES choice awards for nothing!

Wait till u get your power bill :) plasma eats power makes a shit load of heat and they flicker. Yuk to plasma !

Back