The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Have some items for the cost of shipping. Let me know what you want. Not totally sure on the working condition of these item as they were pulled from machines I have had laying around for some time. Figured someone might want to take a shot.
- 1 x Intel e2160
- 1 x Intel Pentium D 820
- 1 x Nvidia Geforce 8300GS 128MB Pci-E Card
- 2 x 512MB DDR2-533MHz
- 2 x 1GB DDR2-800MHz Kingston
- 2 x 1GB DDR2-667MHz
- 2 x 256MB DDR2-667MHz
- 1 x DVD Rewriter Model: GSA - H73N
- 1 x CD-RW/DVD-Rom Model: DH-48C2S

View attachment 290929View attachment 290930View attachment 290931

Still have all of this available if anyone is interested.

SATA spinners up for grabs as a lot: (Laptop drives; tested working, 5-pass wiped, single simple NTFS partition created)

1x slim 320GB 7.2K HGST / Lenovo FRU 42T1159
1x 160GB 7.2k HGST / Lenovo FRU 42T1461
2x 320GB 5.4k HGST (5K500 B-320)
1x 160GB 5.4k Toshiba MK1655GSX

SATA spinners up for grabs as a lot: (Desktop drives; tested working, 5-pass wiped, single simple NTFS partition created)
2x 500GB 7.2k WD Blue
1x 500GB 7.2k Toshiba

SODIMMS lot (as-is, were working when last pulled)
1x Kingston DDR2-6400S 1GB
1x CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) "Memory For Apple Notebook" [Model VSA2GSDS667D2]
2x ASint DDR3 2GB-1333 [SSZ3128M8-EDJ1D]
1x SKHynix DDR3 (Google suggests this is a 4GB DDR3L-1600 4x4) [h5tc4g63afr on the IC]

Gone/Pending to SamirD

If anyone has a SATA DOM that they're not using at least 16GB, I'd be interested in one.

Last edited:
Anyone have the screws from the FRONT of a 1080TI FE? Just the screws but I would pay postage for the whole thing (NOT trying to revive a dead card) if you are lazy like me and don't want to screw with it. Finally found one but I know the kind of noise level I am going to hear as soon as it arrives.

Last edited:
I have five Intel Xeon E5-2620 CPUs available. Pulled from recycled servers. All tested working. Includes a 3d-printed CPU carrier/holder as well.

Asking $5 shipped within the USA each. Otherwise you just pay $5 in packaging/materials plus actual shipping costs if you want the lot.

EDIT: Gone

PXL_20210125_162252831.jpg

Last edited:
Gone, to ThreeDee - I have these ddr3 sodimms that are not being used. I tried to give them away, before, but never heard back from the gentleman. If anyone wants them, they are yours for the shipping cost.

Attachments

• Sodimms (Small).JPG
    Sodimms (Small).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Durvelle27, I have a single slot quadro. But shes old. Still working though. No external power needed.
Its an FX 580

Last edited:
I may have a 4650. I’ll have to dig through my box stuff I don’t need but keep anyway.

20210203_151922.jpg

This board is temperamental. Fails to post every other boot, requires unplugging psu for 30s then it will boot saying overclock failed. If you make any changes in bios, it won't boot. On board graphics are broken on the board, just not detected and no output. Includes a working dual core cpu, a 1gb ram stick which works, and an 8gb ram stick thst I could only get to work with the 1gb stick alongside it. I think the other ram slots don't work at all. Pretty jank setup, went with something more reliable to put on my test bench. Flat rate box for $15 takes it off my hands, the board, cpu, ram, heatsink, and io shield all included.

I see what you guys offered but hoping for something a little newer for better drivers. I also checked and it can actually fit a dual slot GPU but it must be able to be powered from the PCIe slot as there is no PCIe from the PSU.

Also to anyone who wants it

I have some Older Xeon CPUs and Core CPUs

Does anyone have an IR keyboard? I need something to map to a learning remote to control TV app ;) *Althogh I would like to have another RC6 (win MCE) keyboard, I need something old school that works as a normal keyboard to bypass the terrible MS drivers for MCE which some cases breaks certain apps to read the keyboard.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello,
Just started a small project to max out lga775. I am into modifying the motherboard on hardware level. I need some staff if anyone has anything please do share.
1) ....Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 or Xeon X5492
2) ....LGA775 EK Waterblock (RGB or any)
3) ....4x4gb 1066mhz or 1200mhz
4) ....PCI soundcard other than sound blaster. Im not sure which was the best PCI sound card back in the days but Asus Xtreme Fidelity may be ?
5) ....USB 3.0 card with Type A and C addon card.
6) ....ASUS LCD Poster
HT Omega Striker is another great PCI sound card and they released Win 10 drivers for it to boot!

Thank you so much for sharing but I am upto getting the final for lga775

No offense, but trying to straw millionaire a QX9770 isn't what this thread is for. That CPU was an incredibly expensive high end part for the day, and still holds a considerable value today even over a decade later. It'd be like begging for a 10980XE for free, really not going to happen.

There are plenty of QX9770s available on Ebay, as well as their Xeon counterparts for not an astronomical price, but will set you back a bit in the wallet. If you want a more economical CPU, I'd recommend a Q9550 or X5460 (if the board supports it), which are cheap and usually have a good deal of overclocking headroom. It's not hard to push a Q9550 past a QX9770 with just a FSB overclock from 1333 to 1600 MHz, all you may have to do is slightly bump up the vcore.

I need a passively cooled PCIe video card with HDMI output for a system for my roommate so he can watch movies on his HDTV.

I need a passively cooled PCIe video card with HDMI output for a system for my roommate so he can watch movies on his HDTV.

Is an HD5450 OK?

WANT:
Does anyone have a 40MM regular square PC style fan no this is not for PC use it is for my Denon S-301 this thing get hot (Why I don't know the actual amp is on the sub-woofer piece maybe the Pre-amp?) anyway it is a standard 40MM x 10MM thick 12VDC square fan. Don't know the original fans specs all I know is it does not work and when the unit is off the fan will not move easily so the bearings are no good! Fan part # F410T-12L1C (from service manual)

Is an HD5450 OK?

WANT:
Does anyone have a 40MM regular square PC style fan no this is not for PC use it is for my Denon S-301 this thing get hot (Why I don't know the actual amp is on the sub-woofer piece maybe the Pre-amp?) anyway it is a standard 40MM x 10MM thick 12VDC square fan. Don't know the original fans specs all I know is it does not work and when the unit is off the fan will not move easily so the bearings are no good! Fan part # F410T-12L1C (from service manual)
believe I have one available

believe I have one available
Fan or video card? I'm after the fan I don't want this awesome receiver to die I remember loathing over this at my old job CompUSA it was around $1500 then I was going to buy the last one on clearance after my shift but someone got it first 14 years later a friend gave me one funny how things work out it works will read DVD's but not CD's what the hell why? It does SACD (the main reason I wanted one back then)

Fan or video card? I'm after the fan I don't want this awesome receiver to die I remember loathing over this at my old job CompUSA it was around $1500 then I was going to buy the last one on clearance after my shift but someone got it first 14 years later a friend gave me one funny how things work out it works will read DVD's but not CD's what the hell why? It does SACD (the main reason I wanted one back then)
is the fan seized? there is a good chance you can refurb it.

Is an HD5450 OK?

WANT:

Maybe this will work?

https://www.amazon.com/Printer-Term...n+2+pin+40mm&qid=1612670125&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

It looks like you can also get the fan you need on aliexpress, we'll at least it has the same part number

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000829491819.html

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[/QUOTE]
Fan or video card? I'm after the fan I don't want this awesome receiver to die.

If the bearing isn't chewed up and is just seized from lack of lube, you can re-oil it and bring it back. All you gotta do is remove the fan, peel off the manufacturers sticker from the back to get access to the rear of the bearing and drip some 3-n-1 oil or silicone lube in and spin it back and forth by hand until it frees up. You'll also want to push/pull the hub in and out slightly to help migrate the lube around. If you feel any grittiness or see the lube get black, wash it out with more lube and keep turning it until the lube stays clear. If you leave any of the burned carbon suspended in the lube, it will act like liquid sandpaper and further trash the bearing.

Once you're done, leave a bit of oil in the back of the bearing and seal it in with a piece of electrical tape. You'll have to make sure the back face where the sticker was is clean and dry or the tape won't stick. A bit of windex will do the job, just don't get any in the bearing.

Is an HD5450 OK?

WANT:
What you need to do is mod that sucker and you should be asking for a 140mm fan .. not a 40mm :)

..a whole cut saw and some zip ties and your golden!

Back