The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I actually found the Nokia charger but it appears that the phone is dead. I don't know if it needs a good battery to work or not. I'm not sure of the model of the Motorola charger. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the old flip phones. It's a wide adapter connection like the one in this picture. https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-Startac-Cellphone-Charger-Talkabout/dp/B00GWJMHDQ
Gotcha. I think I even have a box of phone parts that I can check for anything for the Nokia. I also have some sort of ethernet to sim looking thingee if you can use any of it. This all came from a cell phone repair outfit that my dad funded 10-20yrs ago that was skimming money from him so he shut it down and took the stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Gotcha. I think I even have a box of phone parts that I can check for anything for the Nokia. I also have some sort of ethernet to sim looking thingee if you can use any of it. This all came from a cell phone repair outfit that my dad funded 10-20yrs ago that was skimming money from him so he shut it down and took the stuff.
Here's a pic of the batteries. Please check to see if you have any of those in case a good battery is needed to power on the phones. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_124847.jpg
    IMG_20210509_124847.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210509_123718.jpg
    IMG_20210509_123718.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 0
Would anyone happen to have an old LGA1155 board kicking around? Trying to build up a system for someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I have an i3-2100 and everything else but a motherboard, and I'd rather not play Ebay lottery, where I've had basically 100% failure rates. Preferably a MicroATX board to fit the case I have, but I could make a full ATX board work, just nothing bigger.

I actually found the Nokia charger but it appears that the phone is dead. I don't know if it needs a good battery to work or not. I'm not sure of the model of the Motorola charger. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the old flip phones. It's a wide adapter connection like the one in this picture. https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-Startac-Cellphone-Charger-Talkabout/dp/B00GWJMHDQ

If the battery voltage gets too low, devices will often refuse to charge them to prevent risk of fire. When a lithium battery goes below its working voltage, it either means the battery has failed or has been parasitically drained. You have to bring batteries like this back up very slowly with a very low charge (usually 100mA or so) until the working voltage is reached, where you can then use the battery normally. This can usually be achieved by putting the battery on an 18650 lithium battery charger with wires, or a bench power supply set to a low voltage and slowly raise it as the battery charges, while maintaining a low charge current.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have an EATX-sized P67 motherboard. I believe it's an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme or something. I purchased it off eBay in 2011, put it into a case that formerly housed a Q6600 build, paired it with a 2600K... and then proceeded to use it for about a year before turning it into a secondary PC because I built a Z77 gaming rig the very next year. The thing is, because of what I went through, I happen to know that a P67 board should work with an Ivy Bridge processor (that's the i7-3770K or similar processor you probably have), but you won't get integrated graphics, and you'll be limited to PCI-E 2.0. But your CPU can be made to work again with this board.

If you can accommodate an EATX motherboard, and you don't mind settling for P67, you can have this motherboard for free, and I'll even check to make sure the BIOS is updated to the latest revision for you. A Z77 board from this time period is just too valuable because it supports PCI-E 3.0 and can thus run a lot of semi-modern graphics cards at full speed. But P67? Meh, you can have it. Keep your DDR3 memory going, keep your CPU working just fine, probably run your graphics card a bit slow until you can afford an upgrade in a year or two. It's really only good for running GTX 570 SLI, for any other purpose it kinda sucks. I wouldn't charge you money to deal with the compromises downgrading from Z77 to P67 would entail, but if you want free... this is your ticket.

I'm sure someone out there would pay money for this board, but I wouldn't feel right charging for it given that I purchased it on eBay used to start with, it was in a case with terrible cable management that ran very hot, and it hasn't really been stress tested recently. I have no idea how much life is left in it. Do you want it? I'll even pay shipping and handling if you do, only because of your situation of not having a working motherboard for your CPU at all.
PMed. You are awesome for helping out! Definitely would take it if it is still available.

I will need to recheck my mess, I was cleaning up and I know I had one of those Startac chargers with a desktop charging base back then from Sprint PCS days.

Edit #1: 2021-05-17, found the Startac phone, I suspect the charger may be in the garage? To be continued.

Last edited:
Would anyone happen to have an old LGA1155 board kicking around? Trying to build up a system for someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I have an i3-2100 and everything else but a motherboard, and I'd rather not play Ebay lottery, where I've had basically 100% failure rates. Preferably a MicroATX board to fit the case I have, but I could make a full ATX board work, just nothing bigger.

If the battery voltage gets too low, devices will often refuse to charge them to prevent risk of fire. When a lithium battery goes below its working voltage, it either means the battery has failed or has been parasitically drained. You have to bring batteries like this back up very slowly with a very low charge (usually 100mA or so) until the working voltage is reached, where you can then use the battery normally. This can usually be achieved by putting the battery on an 18650 lithium battery charger with wires, or a bench power supply set to a low voltage and slowly raise it as the battery charges, while maintaining a low charge current.
I have an oem (ncr) matx Skylake i3 cpu/board you can have. I'm not positive on ram though so up to you if it's something you are up for.

Here's a pic of the batteries. Please check to see if you have any of those in case a good battery is needed to power on the phones. TIA
Will do. Ping me in about 2 weeks as that's when I'll be at the same site with them. (y)

Offering up for cost of shipping:

• 2x Stock Ryzen 5 5600x air coolers.
    • Never used. All builds have been delivered using aftermarket cooling. Not gonna use these as I already have an aftermarket bench cooler for testing builds.
  • 1x Intel LGA1150 cooler.Claimed
    • Might have been used. I don't remember cause I didn't even realize I had this until last weekend. I'll verify.

All gone! Thanks!

Last edited:
Up for grabs.. Old Dell DE051. I believe it to be a Dimension 1100. Includes I/O. Fully functional.
This is an old socket 478. Does not include processor and/or ram.

Gone

Last edited:
Nice case there. I have one of those Antecs sitting under my desk right now empty as well. Solid build, some nice features. Don't need another, but if I did I'd be all over it since I live an hour away from you down Route 7.

Nice case there. I have one of those Antecs sitting under my desk right now empty as well. Solid build, some nice features. Don't need another, but if I did I'd be all over it since I live an hour away from you down Route 7.

Ill meet you half way

Looking for Horizontal desktop case- I am tired of tower computers they just do not fit with my desk setup. I would need to ship to 54017 zip code

Looking for Horizontal desktop case- I am tired of tower computers they just do not fit with my desk setup. I would need to ship to 54017 zip code

if you want to pay shipping I would send you my antec but I don't know what it would cost. I would just drop if off at the UPS store and let them box it up. I bet it would be like 50 bucks.

Up for grabs.. Old Dell DE051. I believe it to be a Dimension 1100. Includes I/O. Fully functional.
This is an old socket 478. Does not include processor and/or ram.
I believe this was also used in the Dimension 2350, although from my notes, the 2350 was limited to a max of a 2.8ghz processor since it was limited to 400Mhz fsb and yours seems to handle a 3Ghz.

I believe this was also used in the Dimension 2350, although from my notes, the 2350 was limited to a max of a 2.8ghz processor since it was limited to 400Mhz fsb and yours seems to handle a 3Ghz.
I wish I could remember what system this came from. Upgraded a customers computer a few years ago.

I wish I could remember what system this came from. Upgraded a customers computer a few years ago.
If you can tell me which pentium chip that was when you did the screen shots, I might be able to narrow it down and that might ring a bell. (y)

Here's the reminder about the Startac charger and the startac and nokia batteries. Thanks!
Thank you! Nothing has gone as planned, so hit me again in another 2 weeks as I should be at that site by then. :)

Horde purge time again. Whatever you want, you pay shipping. Whatever not claimed goes off to recycling.

Motherboards:

Gigabyte GA-7VKMLS - Comes with the original box, manuals and driver disc. Also comes with an Athlon XP 1700+ and whatever memory I get out of my memory drawers.

Might add a couple more motherboards later, need to dig the original boxes for them out of the horde. The listed boards were put away working, but I'll power them up before shipping to make sure they still work.

CPUs:

Xeon 2000DP SL6RQ (bent pins)
Celeron M 530 SLA2G
Celeron 900 SLGLQ (2)
Core 2 Duo P7350 SLGF6
Core Duo T2300 SL8VR
Pentium B960 SR07V

Computers:
Optiplex 755 Midtower - E8300, 4 GB RAM, no HDD, no PSU

Misc:

Verizon Jetpack MiFi 5510L - Powers up and battery holds a charge, no other testing done
ATGames Sega Genesis - One of those Genesis clone consoles. Just the unit by itself with one wireless controller, power adapter and AV cables. Has I think 40 built in games, and the ability to play cartridge games.

Last edited:
Horde purge time again. Whatever you want, you pay shipping. Whatever not claimed goes off to recycling.

Motherboards:

Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE - Comes with 3 GHz Pentium 4 530 and 2 x 2 GB DDR2-5300. The shroud around the CPU is missing (no idea what happened to it, was missing when I got it) and no rear I/O plate.
Mingzhi G31 MicroATX LGA775 - One of those cheap Chinese clone boards. I'll throw in some random Core 2 CPU and 3 GB of RAM. I warn you in advance the BIOS is VERY buggy and SpeedStep is broken, so any CPU installed will always run full tilt.
Foxconn A79A-S - Comes with a Phenom II X4 940 and whatever RAM I can grab out of my memory drawers.
Gigabyte GA-7VKMLS - Comes with the original box, manuals and driver disc. Also comes with an Athlon XP 1700+ and whatever memory I get out of my memory drawers.

Might add a couple more motherboards later, need to dig the original boxes for them out of the horde. The listed boards were put away working, but I'll power them up before shipping to make sure they still work.

CPUs:

Xeon W3505
Xeon E5503 (2)
Celeron M 530 SLA2G
Celeron 900 SLGLQ (2)
Core 2 Duo P7350 SLGF6
Core Duo T2300 SL8VR
Pentium B960 SR07V

Computers:
Whitebox PC - PCChips S478 motherboard, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, unknown RAM, no HDD, unknown PSU.
AMD 50x15 Internet PIC - "Jailbroken" by myself with an unlocked BIOS to allow installation of other OSes besides Windows CE. Comes with the original 10 GB HDD and 256 MB of RAM (upgradable to 512 M) No power brick included, needs 12v 2.5a

Misc:

Verizon Jetpack MiFi 5510L - Powers up and battery holds a charge, no other testing done
ATGames Sega Genesis - One of those Genesis clone consoles. Just the unit by itself with one wireless controller, power adapter and AV cables. Has I think 40 built in games, and the ability to play cartridge games.
YHPM

Garage Discovery (shipping cost only)

Xeon Processors:
  • 2x Xeon E5540 SLBF6 [shipped to wr18th]
  • 1x Xeon E5504 SLBF9
    • I have no means to test them and assume they work fine.

Antec TP-550 Modular cables (possible leftovers; don't have this PSU to test):
  • 2x Molex
  • 2x SATA
  • 1x PCI-E (appears to be 8-pin as 6-pin looks to connect to PSU)
2 Pair (4 rails) of 5.25" rails from what looks like an Antec P180 Mini Chassis

Random un-sleeved modular PSU cables (not sure which PSU these are from. I can provide pics upon request.)
  • 2x SATA
  • 1x Molex
Intel i5 6600 LGA1151 stock cooler

Last edited:
Up for grabs. Don't know where I got these from. Just going through my stash and found them. No idea what system they came from. May have come with a bag of ram I got from someone else.. Anyway.. free plus shipping.
3 sticks of rambus

Gone..

Last edited:

Motherboards:

Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE - Comes with 3 GHz Pentium 4 530 and 2 x 2 GB DDR2-5300. The shroud around the CPU is missing (no idea what happened to it, was missing when I got it) and no rear I/O plate.
Mingzhi G31 MicroATX LGA775 - One of those cheap Chinese clone boards. I'll throw in some random Core 2 CPU and 3 GB of RAM. I warn you in advance the BIOS is VERY buggy and SpeedStep is broken, so any CPU installed will always run full tilt.
Foxconn A79A-S - Comes with a Phenom II X4 940 and whatever RAM I can grab out of my memory drawers.

CPUs:

Xeon W3505
Xeon E5503 (2)
Celeron M 530 SLA2G
Celeron 900 SLGLQ (2)
Core 2 Duo P7350 SLGF6
Core Duo T2300 SL8VR
Pentium B960 SR07V

Computers:
Whitebox PC - PCChips S478 motherboard, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, unknown RAM, no HDD, unknown PSU.
AMD 50x15 Internet PIC - "Jailbroken" by myself with an unlocked BIOS to allow installation of other OSes besides Windows CE. Comes with the original 10 GB HDD and 256 MB of RAM (upgradable to 512 M) No power brick included, needs 12v 2.5a

Misc:

If you end up with leftovers, let me know as I'll probably send you another label for them (including the systems if they're still there). (y)

Looking for any sort of video card pci-e or pci is fine. All it will need to do is display a desktop. This will be going in a plex server that does not have integrated video on the mobo I already have.

I've got an old PCI-e card (x1300 IIRC) you can have for shipping. It makes video, no bells and whistles.

Correction: I have
1. Half height Visiontek x1300 PCI with full height bracket
2. Half height ATI 3450 PCI-e w/ half height bracket, DPMS-59 connector with dual DVI adapter dongle
3. Full height Visiontek ATI 4650 PCI-e
4. Full height Nvidia Quadro FX 380 PCI-e

Last edited:
The CPU is untested but I imagine it works hasn’t been used in forever

and this whole motherboard set up as free as well you can see has a bulging cap I pulled it because sometimes it boots and sometimes it doesn’t and his fan is just gross it’s been like partially held on with two screws i’ll pull it apart if somebody’s interested I think it has a x4 CPU

I remember having to shake the case to get it to boot so it could’ve been poor connection like a short

ITEMS PENDING TO USERs!!!!!!!!!!!!6/17/2021 5pm

Attachments

• E8EC392C-8A4B-4B1C-9E5E-E5490C61F386.jpeg
    E8EC392C-8A4B-4B1C-9E5E-E5490C61F386.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 041E5EB0-C3E0-403D-B7FB-F308BAFB46A5.jpeg
    041E5EB0-C3E0-403D-B7FB-F308BAFB46A5.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2908EF99-13CD-47C9-89A3-6AD86AAFD6DD.jpeg
    2908EF99-13CD-47C9-89A3-6AD86AAFD6DD.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

and this whole motherboard set up as free as well you can see has a bulging cap I pulled it because sometimes it boots and sometimes it doesn’t and his fan is just gross it’s been like partially held on with two screws i’ll pull it apart if somebody’s interested I think it has a x4 CPU

I remember having to shake the case to get it to boot so it could’ve been poor connection like a short
looks to be a dual core and there is another bad cap. nice offer though.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...pentium-processor-g620-3m-cache-2-60-ghz.html
1623893647379.png

What are those ddr2 modules? Maybe might even be memory related.

Back