The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

ATI X1950 Pro PCI-E graphics card. Haven't used it in years, worked when I had it in my system, located in Northern VA. Just pay shipping ~$15.

Photo Jun 18, 4 55 07 PM.jpg Photo Jun 18, 4 55 13 PM.jpg Photo Jun 18, 4 55 30 PM.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
need some 2gb+ sticks of ddr3, desktop ram, 240pin (non-ECC).
will pay for the shipping plus your time if you have more than 1 (i dont think it's worth to pay for even just the S&H for 1)

Thanks

need some 2gb+ sticks of ddr3, desktop ram, 240pin (non-ECC).
will pay for the shipping plus your time if you have more than 1 (i dont think it's worth to pay for even just the S&H for 1)

Thanks

YGPM, got some DDR3 sticks laying around.

Last edited:
im not trying to be a dick or anything but that listing says 1.79 with free shipping. anyone who has that cable or similar.... it would probably cost more to ship it out in like a mailer or whatever than for you to just order that.

The problem is it's $29 for expedited shipping and I would like to get it sooner than a month from now.

I posted this a while back, but this is the stuff that's still available. Just a bunch of older PC parts that I've collected from random PCs over the past 10 years. Most of the parts haven't been tested in a long time, so YMMV.

Certain parts, like the DVD drives, should work fine, as they were just pulled from laptops with bad motherboards.

If someone wants a huge lot of the stuff, I have plenty of huge boxes & packing material. Just pay shipping on everything here.

Laptop Stuff:
(1) Everex XT5000T Laptops for parts - no CPU, RAM, or HDD
(1) Everex XT5000T Laptops for parts - Disassembled, 1 dead pixel on monitor, keyboard is removed, no CPU, RAM, or HDD
(1) Everex XT5300T Laptop for parts - no CPU, RAM, or HDD - Has already been reflowed with a heatgun, powers on but immediately shuts off with CPU installed

(1) Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-5530A Slim DVD/CD Rewritable Drive SATA
(1) Pioneer DVR-K15VA Slim DVD/CD Burner SATA

DVD / CD Drives:
(2) Lightscribe IDE DVD Burners (black)
(1) LiteOn IDE DVD Burner (white)

RAM:
SDRAM:
(1) hynix PC133V-333-542 256MB PC133 DDR 266
(1) MT16LSDT3264AG-133E3 256MB PC133 SDRAM
Other misc. SDRAM

DDR:
(2) KAHLON KHEW885 512MB PC2700 DDR 333
(1) Nanya NT512D64S8HAAH-7X 512MB PC2100 DDR 266
(1) Samsung M368L3223DTM-CB3 256MB PC2700 DDR 333

Server RAM:
Several sticks (at least 6) of SUN Server RAM; "M344C0883DT3-C60S0"

PCI Cards:
Hauppauge WinTV 32562 (5187-4376) PCI Capture Card - FM, Cable, S-Video Note: Not compatible beyond Windows XP - pulled from a working XP Media Center PC in 2009
Rosewill RC-212 VIA PCI SATA 1.5G / IDE ATA 133 Controller Card - Hasn't been used since 2007 lol

My favorite PCI USB/Firewire card:
Zonet Firewire/USB2.0 PCI Card - Purchased several of these in 2006-2007 for my desktops, should still work fine. I may still have the box somewhere here.

DFE-538TX Rev E1 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card - completely untested
Linksys LNE100TX 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card - completely untested

Motherboard / CPU Combos:
AN35N Ultra V1.1 nForce 2 Ultra 400 ATX Motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+

There's no heatsink mounting bracket and I don't have an AGP or PCI video card, so I have no way to test this out. I got this from a friend who was moving a couple of years ago & it's been sitting here with all these other parts.

Woah.. 1 year to the day... The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Last edited:
Tom's of Maine Enamel Strength Natural Toothpaste with fluoride, Peppermint, 4 Ounce, 1 Count
I bought two and only needed one. The outer box is still sealed. Link. 4.50 USD for first class postage. Send me a PM. (I don't check this thread.)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone have a PCI-e video card that they'd be willing to let go? Long story short, I need to troubleshoot an eGPU setup and I don't want to fry a(nother) good card

What are the details on this eGPU project? Could be handy to know in possible future endeavors.

Anyone have a PCI-e video card that they'd be willing to let go? Long story short, I need to troubleshoot an eGPU setup and I don't want to fry a(nother) good card

I thought that I still had the stock cooler from my Q6600, but when I looked, all I could find was the one from my old i7 920 (which is available - the cooler, that is).

I'm also looking for a pwr supply for an ibm thinkcentre a61-9144 system. the current one have a couple of caps that need replacing. if anyone can replace the caps for me i dont mind sending it and paying for the work.

also looking for motorola BR50 batteries for two razr v3 and v3c flip phones.

i will post several freebie items shortly.

anyone needing sata cables?

I'm also looking for a pwr supply for an ibm thinkcentre a61-9144 system. the current one have a couple of caps that need replacing. if anyone can replace the caps for me i dont mind sending it and paying for the work.

also looking for motorola BR50 batteries for two razr v3 and v3c flip phones.

i will post several freebie items shortly.

anyone needing sata cables?

I have two batteries, genuine, not sure about life though.

Also, is the IBM a SFF computer?

Far as caps go, I can do that without issue. Let me know.

Edit: NVM, found cooler on Ebay

Anyone have a small packet of CPU thermal grease?

Last edited:
I have (3) new/sealed Toy Story 3 DVD AND BluRay packages
'Studio Commemorative Edition'

Just pay shipping and Ill pop it into a padded envelope and let you know the postage, or I can pack in bubble wrap and use a small flat rate box (I think it will fit)

-----------DONE

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I need a mini DP to DVI adapter. Will pay shipping. Have given 4-5 things here. thanks!

Kaspersky Internet Security - 3 devices/6 months - Free
The disc and code are unopened. Received this with a new laptop purchase for my wife. First come, first serve.

Hello Everyone,
I have the following "antique" video cards.
I can't guarantee that they will work.
They were pulled from working pc's.

Cost is the price of shipping and paypal fees.

ATI Radeon 128 MB VGA DVI-I TV out.
GeForce FX 5200 64 MB DDR TV Out
ATI Radeon 128 MB PCI-E
Asus PCI-E Express Card 64 MB VGA-DVI
Radeon 64MB 32 Bit DDR SD/ram AGP
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128 MB AGP VGA Graphics
Nvidia 64MB AGP DVI/S TV (2)
GeForce 3D Fuzion DirectX 256 MB (128 MB on board) 64 Bit DDR PCI Express x16
GeForce PCI-E (X-16) 256 MB DDR2 Dual Link DVI-I TV (S-Video) (3)
Nvidia 256 MB PCI-E DVI

Heatware: 273-0-0
Reviews/Feedback for Ray06492 | HeatWare.com

Last edited:
Does anyone have a small (hopefully clean) anti static bag or some sort of packaging to store a 204 pin SODIMM stick with ESD protection? I need to remove RAM from my computer but don't have anything to store it in safely.

Does anyone have a small (hopefully clean) anti static bag or some sort of packaging to store a 204 pin SODIMM stick with ESD protection? I need to remove RAM from my computer but don't have anything to store it in safely.

Can you get a hold of a brown paper bag? Like the ones the grocery stores used to use. They work great if you don't have an anti static bag available. ;)

Can you get a hold of a brown paper bag? Like the ones the grocery stores used to use. They work great if you don't have an anti static bag available. ;)
That certainly would be better than nothing. Thanks for the idea. I would be happy to send someone a Forever stamp if that person has a spare to give away.

I have a bunch of ziploc type bags for sodimm. PM me if you still need them.

ISO - Info

Does anyone know what that blue lube you see on plastic gears in DVD drives and VCRs is called?
I bought the wrong stuff and it creeps like crazy.

ISO - Info

Does anyone know what that blue lube you see on plastic gears in DVD drives and VCRs is called?
I bought the wrong stuff and it creeps like crazy.

Unless you know the manufacturer of the grease, the color of the grease won't really tell you what type it is since there's no set standard for grease colors.

If you need grease for plastic gears, silicone based grease, moly grease or lithium grease will work. I wouldn't use oils or heavy hydrocarbon greases as it may attack the plastic. You also shouldn't get the grease on the rubber belt.

Unless you know the manufacturer of the grease, the color of the grease won't really tell you what type it is since there's no set standard for grease colors.

If you need grease for plastic gears, silicone based grease, moly grease or lithium grease will work. I wouldn't use oils or heavy hydrocarbon greases as it may attack the plastic. You also shouldn't get the grease on the rubber belt.
The gears in DVD drives are usually nylon, and hydrocarbon greases won't attack it. I got a bit tube of red bearing grease at the local hardware store for a couple bucks. I'm not as much a fan of lithium grease, ever since it started gumming everything up :(

I have a pair of 4GB 204 pin SODIMM memory modules. I am pretty sure they match because I bought them from someone who said he pulled them together out of a new Alienware machine. They do not seem to work for me. If someone here wants to try their luck I can mail the pair for 4.50 USD. Just be the first to send me a PM with your PayPal address. Please be patient and I will send you a PayPal money request.
I have a bunch of ziploc type bags for sodimm. PM me if you still need them.
PM sent. Again, please let me reimburse you.

The gears in DVD drives are usually nylon, and hydrocarbon greases won't attack it. I got a bit tube of red bearing grease at the local hardware store for a couple bucks. I'm not as much a fan of lithium grease, ever since it started gumming everything up :(

"real" lithium grease shouldn't gum up, which is increasingly hard to find. Many retailers have been selling "bio friendly" lithium grease for the past decade or so which is based on plant materials and this stuff gums up like crazy.

It's easy to tell the difference between real and the treehugger type because the real stuff will be pure white while the nasty "bio friendly" stuff will have an off green or brown tinge with a pungent smell.

ive tried several greases my most current is synthetic polyolyfin which was sold as for plastic gears. When I open up dvd drives and vcrs its typically blue which is why I asked. If color doesnt matter I would really like to know what it actually is.

Free only to A and H forum members with direct access to my local area (wont ship)
24 channel mixing board that I dont know weather or not works.

First able to pick up can have it. What ever you do with it after that if on you.. ;)

edit; oops my bad. My zip is 96097. that north of north northern north california.

mixer2.jpg

mixer1.jpg

Last edited:
Back