The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone have a spare db9 to rj45 serial cable laying around? I just got a few connectups-bd cards and need one to reset them.

I bet this crap all goes together

Dell Dimension E521 bezel, 4@ drive trays, PSU, 2@ mystery bits

cTdN6Vg.jpg

^^ if you still have the psu by the end of the week, I'd be interested in it. I'm trying to piece together another little rig.

The 2 "mystery bits" are locking plates for the case's expansion slots so you don't have to use screws for the addon cards. :)

anyone have a crossfire ribbon that stretch's across 3 slots?

I may have an Intel G3220 up for grabs soon.... I am getting frustrated with my HTPC blowing up power supplies randomly. I am tempted to jettison the G3220 and mobo.

The HDD will stay with me though. The case may be burned in a fire out of spite.

I may have an Intel G3220 up for grabs soon.... I am getting frustrated with my HTPC blowing up power supplies randomly. I am tempted to jettison the G3220 and mobo.

The HDD will stay with me though. The case may be burned in a fire out of spite.

dibs on this. pm sent

looking for a low powered PCI-e graphics card that will play HD video for a htpc, trying to re-purpose an old Q6600 pc as a htpc and the old 8800GT went tits up.

looking for a low powered PCI-e graphics card that will play HD video for a htpc, trying to re-purpose an old Q6600 pc as a htpc and the old 8800GT went tits up.

I may have something for you.... Let me tear apart this old Dell and I will let you know.

Does anyone by any chance have dead note 2? i broke screen on mine :( ... dead motherboard, cracked glass, even water damage may work..

So if you have one like that, please let me know

Thanks

Anyone have any DDR2-5300 sodimms? I need a 2gb stick

I have a 2gb pc2 6400 Dimm OCZ reaper with heatsink (this might have mem errors?)

I also have a 1gb stick of Pc2-4200 and PC-5300 ram

Also have 2x512mb Pc266 DDR ram

Shipping is to 83704 let me know thanks :)

Also if you have a power supply to throw in that would be awesome (it could be anything as long as it works)

Last edited:

I have a single slot 5750 I could let go of for a little more than shipping if interested.

Looking for entry level 2.0 pc speakers; AC powered, something better than the dinky USB powered set the rig in question is currently using.

anyone have a pcie graphics card that is passively cooled? just need something silent, dont care about performance.

Something's missing from this thread...

It has been a long while since starhawk has posted, or even been online. Wow, I can't believe it's been since the end of January. Hope he's OK.

Something's missing from this thread...

It has been a long while since starhawk has posted, or even been online. Wow, I can't believe it's been since the end of January. Hope he's OK.

He had some problems with the mods. They gave him a temp ban and he never came back. :(

Starhawk is fine

I myself have taken extended breaks from this place...people can be really mean

needing some AM2 proc for testing...I could have sworn I had a couple...but I guess they all got built into things

Starhawk is fine

I myself have taken extended breaks from this place...people can be really mean

needing some AM2 proc for testing...I could have sworn I had a couple...but I guess they all got built into things

I can't say I blame you really.

pretty sure i have a 3800 here if thats ok. If that's good just pm me your address.

up for grabs

Zyxel P-971M cable modem

D-Link DIR-601 4 port+802 router

Sorenson VRS VP-200 with remote

vizio E422VA parts, 42" panel took a hit and has 1" bands damaged in both axes but both the main board and the PSU board are good as the unit powers up and operates, apparently there was a pretty common problem with CMOS corruption on these so hopefully we can find this mainboard a new home.

Lenovo ideapad S10, working XP installation, everything seems to work

Have a few items I hope will go quickly... These are free, just pay shipping or pick up locally near West Caldwell, NJ...

1. Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz Dual-Core (AW80577P8400) Processor

2. TAKEN - Hynix 2GB (2x1GB) 1Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12 DDR2 DIMM Kit...

3. TAKEN - TrendNet USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet adapter

-----------------------------------------

This one is pick up only in West Caldwell, NJ...

1. CM Storm Trooper case in great overall shape. Has one cracked foot pad that was glued/taped back on - can't see or tell when in use. All black with red LED fans...

Last edited:
Have a few items I hope will go quickly... These are free, just pay shipping or pick up locally near West Caldwell, NJ...

1. Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz Dual-Core (AW80577P8400) Processor

2. Hynix 2GB (2x1GB) 1Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12 DDR2 DIMM Kit...

3. TrendNet USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet adapter

-----------------------------------------

This one is pick up only in West Caldwell, NJ...

1. CM Storm Trooper case in great overall shape. Has one cracked foot pad that was glued/taped back on - can't see or tell when in use. All black with red LED fans...

PM coming for ram an p8400

anyone have a pcie graphics card that is passively cooled? just need something silent, dont care about performance.

I have a Quadro NV300, but I seem to be missing the DMS-59 breakout cable

Last edited:
If anyone has a free Q6600 or any free core 2 quad chips please let me know! I am willing to cover shipping costs! I've received and shipped multiple cpu's in the past in envelopes at the cost of a stamp.

LMK PLEASE!

If anyone has a free Q6600 or any free core 2 quad chips please let me know! I am willing to cover shipping costs! I've received and shipped multiple cpu's in the past in envelopes at the cost of a stamp.

LMK PLEASE!

I think that's asking for a bit much as a freebie since C2Q's still sell for over $50-100 in most cases.

I think that's asking for a bit much as a freebie since C2Q's still sell for over $50-100 in most cases.

50?

No, I've seen q6600's sell for $15 on ebay from time to time. There was one on there for $18 earlier this morning.

It doesn't hurt to try. You're telling me as if I am asking for a free 4770k.

The Q6600 will replace the E8400 in my optiplex. The E8400 I got it for $3.

Back