The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Im on the lookout for a serial to USB converter for my dads ham (amature radio) equipment if anybody has one they can send my way (will pay shipping of coarse!)

I "MIGHT" have you covered, I think I have one, but it was attached to an old UPS, I tossed the UPS, don't know if I saved the cable. If I've got it, all yours, if not, well, sorry mate.

Won't be able to check until about 7pm EST though, gotta love long days as school.

I personally am in need of something as well, though I expect I'll have to order it. Looking for a 512mb or 1gb DDR2700 SODIMM to help limp a friends computer along until she can afford to replace it. She doesn't want me to buy anything because the computers not in great shape, but it's dog slow and needs to survive another 6months - 1 year.

I have a red neon case light you can have, but you have to promise to post something on here for free later.

Looking for A/V cable of playstation 1 or 2. Mine got chewed up by the dog:)

Got one here that's aftermarket. Has A/V plus S-video output cable built in. Just pay for shipping, i can probably have it out tomorrow morning.

I have a bunch of SDRAM, mostly 64MB, and maybe one or two 128MB sticks.

$5 paypal should be able to cover shipping. There are ~10 sticks.

i have a box of pill bottles of various sizes
these can be used for small screws, hobby parts, nails, or whatever.

let me know how many you need and they are yours, shipping should be less then a couple bucks to lower 48 states

i take paypal or money order
HEATWARE

damn... i JUST threw a lite on CD RW drive out that was dead. i coulda pulled the bezel for you. :( i'm sorry

Ah, too bad. No worries :)

By the way, I have a white bezel for a Plextor PX-716A drive if anyone wants it. I will probably post more stuff over the weekend as I wrap up some early spring cleaning :cool:

20gig wd protege, dont have time to test for errors but it is idenified in bios and vista and was quick formatted, dated 07 oct 2001

940/939/754 heatsink(also worked on an am2 mobo but im assuming some of those chips might ask too much of this heatsink) it appears solid copper, thermaltake with 80mm fan. cost me like $20 at compusa, no heatpipes, but it does its job.

assorted cables: molex to 2 floppys(mesh sleeved), vga cable that came with lcd

socket 370 heatsink fan, think its the old school orb series

microsoft reciever for wireless keyboard and/or mouse, works well, but i have 3. this one plugs into both usb and keyboard port.

I have an older dually I'd like to utilize....except for a couple of things it needs.

A VRM -
Dell Part number 7649D or
11GEF (they're exactly the same). The manufacturers names and part numbers:
Delta Products - 05s2020a-4; VXI - 073-20770-01 rev.7.

Some Rdram - pc800-45 . It has 128mb in it, but I'm hoping to swap the crimm out for some real memory to bring it to 256mb.........maybe some1 has a spare 128 stick lying in a box somewhere?

I'm looking for a PCI video card....just PCI (not PCI-E or anything). Just something that will take a bit of load off the system for some light Photoshop work.

I need a cheap case that can fit a EEB form factor motherboard. EEB is a 12" x 13" motherboard. An e-atx case will be alright too. Tower style (not rack mount) and the color black preferred.

For free to the Twin Cities, MN and Rochester MN areas only.

Free Gateway dual P3 servers.

5 935 Series servers. Dual 1.13ghz cpus, between 512gb and 2gb ecc PC133 ram, 3 SCSI hotswap drive bays, Some have PCI-X raid cards for RAID 5 configs.

They aren't pictured, but I have all the hotswap drive trays. I also have most of the rails. All of these were fully working pulls. Just not needed anymore.

Again Twin Cities and Rochester areas only. $25 and I drive there, free if you come to me.

I'd prefer this go to a good cause, such as a non-profit. Otherwise these are being scrapped.

gwserver.jpg

I'm looking for a free/cheap PCI-E vid card for testing purposes. The only requirement for it is that it works. anyone have something laying around?

I need some used blue cathodes for a friends build, anyone got some freebies? :D I could also use a better heatsink for it, AM2+.

Free Gateway dual P3 servers.

5 935 Series servers. Dual 1.13ghz cpus, between 512gb and 2gb ecc PC133 ram, 3 SCSI hotswap drive bays, Some have PCI-X raid cards for RAID 5 configs.

They aren't pictured, but I have all the hotswap drive trays. I also have most of the rails. All of these were fully working pulls. Just not needed anymore.

Again Twin Cities and Rochester areas only. $25 and I drive there, free if you come to me.

I'd prefer this go to a good cause, such as a non-profit. Otherwise these are being scrapped.

gwserver.jpg

Dang, too bad you aren't close, I'd rather mess with one of those than the POS crapper I'm trying to revive.

Here are a couple of things I found during my weekend cleaning excursion. Just pay shipping from 55108. Heat and ebay under kniah.

1. Generic Black soldering iron: not sure of the specs, probably 25w, could use a new tip
2. White bezel for a Plextor PX-716A optical drive
3. 16mb Cannon MultiMedia Card w/ case
4. 2x HP #20 Black ink cartridges: both are sealed, boxes say "Feb 2005" (claimed)
5. Random I/O shields. Mostly for older motherboards.

Will add more things as I find them.

-Various I/O shields
comp005.jpg

comp006.jpg

-Zalman fanless heatpipe VGA cooler (fits ATI 9800)

-Zalman CNPS6000-cu socketA heatsink only

-AMD Duron 1GHz socketA cpu + HSF

-Fortron 235w powersupply 20pin, 5molex

-128MB PC133 ram

-256MB SDR laptop ram

pay shipping

-Various I/O shields
-Zalman fanless heatpipe VGA cooler (fits ATI 9800)

-Zalman CNPS6000-cu socketA heatsink only

-AMD Duron 1GHz socketA cpu + HSF

-Fortron 235w powersupply 20pin, 5molex

-128MB PC133 ram

-256MB SDR laptop ram

pay shipping

pm sent on the zalman coolers

I have a problem someone here paid for shipping on an item or items But I seem to have deleted the pm and I don't recognize the pp addy so if you have paid me in the last week for shipping pm me so I can ship you item. Sorry for the trouble.

I have a problem someone here paid for shipping on an item or items But I seem to have deleted the pm and I don't recognize the pp addy so if you have paid me in the last week for shipping pm me so I can ship you item. Sorry for the trouble.

Hey Jack, you and I agreed on a deal for a DVD-ROM drive, PM sent (doggone Corruption! :p))

This might be an odd request, but does anyone have a copy of the 2007 or 2008 pc builders bible they wouldn't mind getting rid of? (The magazine by pc gamer) I had a copy of the 2007 one but it got lost in my last move. :(

Back