The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone have a Socket 939 HSF, just got a combo and it didnt come with one.

Thats cuz they usually come with CPUs. :p Anyhow, yes, I have one, but its not the 4-heatpipe version -- its the standard version. Shipping is $9. PM me if you want it. Damn, FedEx is so expensive. I'd offer USPS, but its just too inconvenient for me. :(

Anyone have a AM2 HSF, and a DVD drive? They don't have to be fancy, as long as the DVD drive reads DVD's (Doesn't need to write)

Thanks.

Thnx! I found one! :D

2 Items
(if no one has one, please point me somewhere I could get these)

1: need a chipset cooler for a socket 478 P4 motherboard (IC7-Gmax2) system ready to go... I built it from spare parts but I need a cooler for the chipset.

2. PC100 ram to fit an Apple G3. Preferably at least 512mb of it.

Will pay shipping through paypal

I need an IDE laptop hard drive if anyone has an old one. Preferably 10gb or 20gb, but if you have an old one that's even as small as 2Gb, we could tell if the laptop is going to work with the overhaul.
PM

Need an IDE desktop hard drive.....the one in my workstation is dying. It's to replace a 30gig, so something in that range......a 20gig would even do.

Check with surpluscomputers.com
they sent me an email yesterday stating they had 20 gig drives for 10 bucks I believe.

I've got Gran Turismo 4 for PS2. Have the box, manual, and game. Scratched. It worked when I used it ~months ago.

Pay shipping and its yours. PM me.

anyone have a laptop harddrive adapter that connects to a desktop ide cable?

I have 2-771 socket Active heat sink all copper. Intel

Ninja Plus revision B, cpu cooler Intel LGA 775 socket , Amd socket 754/939/940/AM2

ninja sent to paul200x

Supermicro 5-hd hotswap box scsi 360

1 I0 plate

1 pair of hd 3.5 to 5-1/4” heat sink adapters

Assorted I/O plates for the rear panel

SB5100 MODEM for cable Motorola SURFboard

Linksys wired broadband Firewall router with 4 port switch/VPN Endpoint 10/100

Linksys is gone to jonniefive

Assorted flat cables IDE , Floppy

Store Case

scsi hot swap

That’s it for now.

Looking for a serial port "adapter" that plugs into a motherboard jumper and puts a standard DB-9 serial port out the back in a slot. The motherboard connector looks a lot like one that you would see for a USB connector on a motherboard.

Thanks!

I need an IDE laptop hard drive if anyone has an old one. Preferably 10gb or 20gb, but if you have an old one that's even as small as 2Gb, we could tell if the laptop is going to work with the overhaul.
PM

I have an old 20gb IDE laptop hard drive from an old Powerbook G3 (works with PC's though). It's developing some bad sectors, but might still be usable for testing purposes. I would not use it as a permanent drive. Last time I used it was about a year ago; it's been sitting on my shelf since waiting to be recycled. Not sure if it still works, and I don't really have a way of testing it anymore, but if you want to give it a try, can ship it to you the cheapest way possible (probably USPS Parcel Post). PM me your address if interested.

anyone have a rubber antenna for a pci wireless card i broke mine off by accident

anyone have a rubber antenna for a pci wireless card i broke mine off by accident

Do you, like, have a list of all the crap I have? :p I have one, but you're a day late. My coworker just asked for one yesterday, but he's not in today. If he doesn't take it, I'll let you know. If he does take it, I have a big airlink101 antenna I could sell you if you're interested.

I hate to sound like a moocher, but I need a Pentium III at least 1GHz

i got you covered :)

Im on the lookout for a serial to USB converter for my dads ham (amature radio) equipment if anybody has one they can send my way (will pay shipping of coarse!)

If anyone has an old socket 478 board with an AGP slot that will host a pentium 4 and has at least two ram slots I would appreciate it.

If anyone has an old socket 478 board with an AGP slot that will host a pentium 4 and has at least two ram slots I would appreciate it.

I do, but I think its dead. You're welcome to try it for the price of shipping ($9 via USPS). PM me if interested.

I have a Dell DVD-Rom/CD-RW combo drive with the caddy pulled from a D600 when I put a DVD burner with its own caddy in it.

I'm touchy when it comes to giving freebies away so these items will only go to people that have given away freebies here so if you don't at least have freebies listed or have given something to another member here then don't waste your time asking me for my stuff as I don't feed the greedy.

Pending to : mnewxcv
I have a working Athlon XP 2400+ 266bus ( not posting the stepping as for a freebie it shouldn't matter )

...so these items will only go to people that have given away freebies here so if you don't at least have freebies listed or have given something to another member here then don't waste your time asking me for my stuff as I don't feed the greedy.

Oh sweet music... Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! :p

Last chance for most of these... they go to the e-waste drop-off soon... For more info, check my FS thread.

HOUSECLEANING SPECIALS! SEMI-FREEBIES!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
First item is $5, and each additional item is free!!!, plus shipping or local pickup. I think $5 + shipping is fair. If you don't think so, PM me with an offer. The $5 goes towards packaging costs. So basically, its $5 for handling, and you pay shipping. If you're buying something listed [in my FS thread], any items in this section are FREE (just pay shipping). Some of these work for sure, others may not. If you're interested, I'll let you know its condition (if I know). These are "sold" as-is, untested!

128MB PC100 or PC133 -- I can't tell -- Siemens chips, dual sided DIMM (won't POST)
--------------------
Sony CD-ROM 52x, CDU5211, IDE, Beige
Generic CD ROM, IDE, Beige, 40x
HP CD Writer Plus 9100, CD-RW, IDE, Beige
Plextor 16x CD-RW, IDE, Beige (PlexWriter 16/10/40A)
Memorex MRX523252AJI 52x CD-RW, IDE, Beige
Sony FDD Beige
Epson FDD Beige
Mitsumi FDD Silver
Generic Mobile Rack, IDE, Beige
Generic Mobile Rack, IDE, Beige
CD Home, 8-disc CD holder/storage for your 5.25" bay, Beige
5.25" to 3.5" bay adapter (for FDD's or others) #2
3.5" to 2.5" bay bracket (for mounting laptop HDDs in regular 3.5" bays)
Several old hard drives, 1GB and under, IDE/PATA
--------------------
Turbo ATX Mid Tower Case, 4x 5.25" ext; 2x 3.5" ext; 2x 3.5" int, beige, P4 era (80mm intake, 80mm exhaust)
ATX Mid Tower Case, 3x 5.25" ext; 2x 3.5" ext; 3x 3.5" int, beige, P3 era (60mm exhaust)
ATX Mid Tower Case, 3x 5.25" ext; 2x 3.5" ext; 3x 3.5" int, beige, P3 era (60mm exhaust)
ATX Full Tower Case, 5x 5.25" ext; 2x 3.5" ext; 3x 3.5" int, beige, P3 era (2x 80mm exhaust, 2x 80mm intake)
a couple dead, old ATX PSUs, if you need any wires/cables/connectors
Small box of random cables #2 (power cables, USB extension, VGA, serial, parallel, kvm, etc)
Small box of random cables #3 (power cables, USB extension, VGA, serial, parallel, kvm, etc)
Small box of random, old cell phone crap (faceplates, cases, chargers (motorola & nokia), etc)
--------------------
CHIPS & Technology P82C435 2116AT001 8737AAA, EGA, ISA, 8-bit, 256KB Legacy Video Card (circa 1987) (image)
ESS AudioDrive ISA Soundcard w/ game port
Yamaha OPL3-SA Sound card w/ game port, ISA
Yamaha OPL3-SA Sound card w/ game port, ISA
Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 ISA (CT2830; extra long size)
Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA Sound Card (CT4520)
--------------------
DFI Ultra-D chipset stock HSF, very low profile
Panaflo FBA09A12M - Z (M1A-)Z 92mm fan, 48CFM, 30dBA (broken blade; motor still good)
Generic Mouse, ball, serial
Viewsonic 17" CRT Monitor E771 (#2; local pickup) (currently unavailable - burried in storage)
Sun Microsystems 24" CRT non-flat screen, curved screen, cracked bezel, beige (local pickup only)
2-way Centronics switch, for sharing 2 parallel devices, mechanical
Epson Stylus C40UX Printer (no power cable nor a/c adapter - can't test)

Anyone have a combination of cpu/mobo/ram on the cheap? I'm looking for like $30-40 shipped.

Looking for A/V cable of playstation 1 or 2. Mine got chewed up by the dog:)

Back