The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have a wd 250 but its not that model. it's a sata II drive.

how big is the cache? mine has only 8MB while most of these SATA II drives have 16, I'm not sure they will play nice in RAID.

Thanks everyone, I do feel well taken care of which is gratifying in itself. This thread's community is really awesome.

how big is the cache? mine has only 8MB while most of these SATA II drives have 16, I'm not sure they will play nice in RAID.

Thanks everyone, I do feel well taken care of which is gratifying in itself. This thread's community is really awesome.

according to the specs on newegg, its 8mb. The drive is still in my mame emulation rig but i have been in the market for a small raptor drive for faster booting.

pretty sure i have one or two maxtor 250 sata 1 units around here too.

jojo69, I really wish I had something for you -- you've done some awesome things for me :D alas, my only 250gb drive is laptop and not spare... :(

I had a WD250 but when I popped it in to check it out, it hangs the system and I fear it's kaput. That's why I linked the newegg deal, perhaps those could work.

Hey guys

so I had a thread up on FS/T as well and a guy just got back to me, He's selling me 2@ .25TB SATA II 16MB cache WD blues for $35 shipped.

So I get twice the cache and twice the transfer speed for a heck of a price, thanks so much for all the looks, but I think I have a solution here :)

Longshot but I thought I might try it. I've had it listed in my FS/FT thread but nothing..

I'm looking for Cyberlink POWER DVD 6/7 Ultra (whichever can play HD-DVD) or ArcSoft TMT HD-DVD capable.

I picked up a second xbox hd-dvd drive and I want to use it with my computer as yes I still have HD-DVDs.. I have several versions of powerdvd and TMT but none can do HD-DVD apparently.. I thought one of them could but it turns out not..

I know it's old and most likely not in use anymore.. but I thought maybe someone might have an old dusty disc floating around that they have no use for..

I've got several Steam keys to trade for it, one two or whatever..

thanks

Longshot but I thought I might try it. I've had it listed in my FS/FT thread but nothing..

I'm looking for Cyberlink POWER DVD 6/7 Ultra (whichever can play HD-DVD) or ArcSoft TMT HD-DVD capable.

I picked up a second xbox hd-dvd drive and I want to use it with my computer as yes I still have HD-DVDs.. I have several versions of powerdvd and TMT but none can do HD-DVD apparently.. I thought one of them could but it turns out not..

I know it's old and most likely not in use anymore.. but I thought maybe someone might have an old dusty disc floating around that they have no use for..

I've got several Steam keys to trade for it, one two or whatever..

thanks

pm sent

I have the following...

Plextor CD-RW -- PX-W8432Ti -- PlexWriter 8/4/32 -- beige bezel -- untested
Plextor CD-RW -- PX-W4824TA -- PlexWriter 48/24/48A -- beige bezel -- known good
Intel NIC -- PILA8465B -- EtherExpress Pro/100B -- S82555/S82557 chipset -- untested
Rosewill USB WiFi Adapter -- RNX-N150HG -- Atheros AR9271 chipset -- used thoroughly, full retail packaging
Intel P4 CPU -- SL62P -- 1.8A GHz/512/400/1.5V -- Socket 478 -- untested

The NIC does not have driver support above XP, which is why it's untested... I got it from a friend not knowing its driver support, to help another friend who had a Vista system. (That friend wound up getting his NIC through other means.) That's life, I guess :/

The Rosewill card doesn't work for me :( maybe it will for you...? Comes in full retail packaging...

The CPU is not tested, but came from a Dell with a ton of bad caps. No promises... comes in a clamshell tho. Needs a bath, too, it's got a ridiculous amount of pigeonshit on it... go Dell :rolleyes:

Anyone have a couple of the L brackets for mounting small cisco switches?

I have a EF3124 I'd like to rack up

Maybe. Mine are from a 3com hub. I'll put up pix and if you can use em they're yours for shipping.

Here's a pic. I'm pretty sure I have hardware for this... no guarantees that it fits anything other than the 3com Super Stack II 500 that it came off of. (This and a pair of fans I'm using are the only remnants of that device.)

0Xdcxsj.jpg

I have the following...

Plextor CD-RW -- PX-W8432Ti -- PlexWriter 8/4/32 -- beige bezel -- untested
Plextor CD-RW -- PX-W4824TA -- PlexWriter 48/24/48A -- beige bezel -- known good
Intel NIC -- PILA8465B -- EtherExpress Pro/100B -- S82555/S82557 chipset -- untested
Rosewill USB WiFi Adapter -- RNX-N150HG -- Atheros AR9271 chipset -- used thoroughly, full retail packaging
Intel P4 CPU -- SL62P -- 1.8A GHz/512/400/1.5V -- Socket 478 -- untested

The NIC does not have driver support above XP, which is why it's untested... I got it from a friend not knowing its driver support, to help another friend who had a Vista system. (That friend wound up getting his NIC through other means.) That's life, I guess :/

The Rosewill card doesn't work for me :( maybe it will for you...? Comes in full retail packaging...

The CPU is not tested, but came from a Dell with a ton of bad caps. No promises... comes in a clamshell tho. Needs a bath, too, it's got a ridiculous amount of pigeonshit on it... go Dell :rolleyes:

Still have all this stuff :( nobody wants?

Also: looking for a *not working* Psion Organizer II. This thing here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Organiser#Organiser_II
Why "not working"? I want it for dissection purposes. I'm part of a small online community that likes that particular bit of hardware, and we would like to have schematics of the device for repair purposes... I can draw up the schematics but I'm certainly not wrecking my only Organizer II to do it!

Rosewill card and P4 chip claimed. Still have the Plextor (!) CD-RW drives and the Intel NIC. They ain't gone by Oct 10, they get eWasted... I don't want to do that...

Still have all this stuff :( nobody wants?

Also: looking for a *not working* Psion Organizer II. This thing here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Organiser#Organiser_II
Why "not working"? I want it for dissection purposes. I'm part of a small online community that likes that particular bit of hardware, and we would like to have schematics of the device for repair purposes... I can draw up the schematics but I'm certainly not wrecking my only Organizer II to do it!

That thing looks kind of like a Tricorder from Star Trek

Anyone have a stick of DDR3 SODIMM at least PC3-10600? I have a stick of PC3-8500 but it's not letting the laptop boot and I don't know if it's a speed issue or something else.

I might have a 2GB Stick of DDR3-SODIMM if you haven't found one yet, PM me if you still need it.

Does anyone have a couple of molex splitters / molex to SATA power cables? My PSU doesn't have enough molex and SATA power connectors for the extra drives I rigged up.

--

I have a couple of non working smartphones people may be able to use for parts, a couple of Alltel Razr V3m's (Verizon compatible) and a bunch of computer parts and cables I'll be posting up tomorrow.

Does anyone have a couple of molex splitters / molex to SATA power cables? My PSU doesn't have enough molex and SATA power connectors for the extra drives I rigged up.
I have a few laying around..PM me your addy and I'll stick em in an envelope.....

Guys I've got a small list of things Im hunting for:

Overclocking MOBO for C2Q 775

DDR2 ram (6 gigs)

SFF PCIE video card

I may have some C2D's ranging from 2.66/1333 and down for free.

I can pay for shipping this weekend. Im trying to make a work/game computer for me and the wif.

I some stuff for giveaway soon.

going to be a bit crazy requests here but here goes

I'm looking for an ATI/AMD Radeon 4 series card. at least 128bit. Willing to pay for one if the price is right (really cheap).

Also looking for a small 30 gig sata1 raptor drive.

Freebies i still have:
Celeron D 352 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 640 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 520 Socket 775
80mm fans
misc connectors of all kinds
misc fans without pigtails
misc sdram
misc 3.5" ide drives lots of 40gb drives
misc desktop ide cd, dvd and cdrw drives

I have two sticks of 512MB DDR 400, i'll let go for cost of shipping. Please send me a PM if anyone is interested.

(1) Corsair 512MB DDR 400 CMX512-3200C2
(1) Corsair 512MB DDR 400 VS512MB400

hey guys, I could use a small sata hard drive (preferably good health condition). It could be as small as 60-80GB.
I'd prefer 2.5", but would take a 3.5" drive if that's whats available.

Will pay shipping of course. Please send me a PM, I'd much appreciate it.

...looking for a *not working* Psion Organizer II. This thing here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Organiser#Organiser_II

Still looking for this :(

I was wondering about that :D USB mini...

yeah, it was so you could keep your cd/dvd/hdd/battery in the expansion slot and still be able to hook the fdd up via usb. pretty convenient for bios updates back in the day and still has uses every once in a while to this day.

oh now i see it. Thx. You saved me from having to spend $20. Its so i can do a BIOs recovery on my PC

here to help, hope it works out for you :)

I've had one of these for years and never noticed the usb port--thanks for pointing it out.

yeah, quirky but very useful

holy christ

do want

i worked at a place with stacks as well, they ended up throwing a ton of them out when they phased out the latitude d600 lappys, grabbed a couple from the trash, still have one :cool:

LONGSHOT: anyone have an 11x17 scanner...? I don't mind if it needs a little work if the parts are cheap, but I'm flat empty right now. I *may* have up to $30 (for shipping and maybe a little more ;) ) on the 10th for this but I dunno... usually I can count on it but the source of it (my father) has been furloughed because of DC Dumb :(

If you're within an hour of 27344 (roughly geographic center of NC) then maybe you could drop by and I'll find a way to cover your gas...? I don't drive so I can't come to you, sorry...

I have one like this I bought off of ebay years ago, I'll never let it go.
usb_floppy.jpg

I've got the same thing except mine is HP Branded and came for free with my (I think) 2002 laptop that had no internal floppy. even though I've not used a floppy in years, I'm keeping mine too because I randomly find people who *do* still use them

I've got the same thing except mine is HP Branded and came for free with my (I think) 2002 laptop that had no internal floppy. even though I've not used a floppy in years, I'm keeping mine too because I randomly find people who *do* still use them

Same reason I keep mine, or in case I have a machine come in that I can't get to boot from USB.

Back