The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

LONGSHOT: anyone have an 11x17 scanner...? I don't mind if it needs a little work if the parts are cheap, but I'm flat empty right now. I *may* have up to $30 (for shipping and maybe a little more ;) ) on the 10th for this but I dunno... usually I can count on it but the source of it (my father) has been furloughed because of DC Dumb :(

If you're within an hour of 27344 (roughly geographic center of NC) then maybe you could drop by and I'll find a way to cover your gas...? I don't drive so I can't come to you, sorry...

May not be a terribly long shot...I had one at my parents house, and it should be there IF Dad hasn't thrown it out. And honestly I wouldn't blame him if he has; it's been sitting in their computer room for years collecting dust. :p

I should be going over there this weekend. I'll check on this for you as I'd much rather you be able to use it than to see it tossed, if it hasn't been already.

Wow, thanks! I hope I'll be able to afford shipping... with this gov't shutdown, as I said, my father may not be able to help out with bills this time (a portion of that help is my allowance...) as he's been furloughed.

We'll work it out tho -- maybe I have something you need and we can do a trade or something...?

4GB (4x1GB) PC5300 ddr2 ECC, registered ram (1 pair hynix, 1 pair Infineon)
part #'s hymp512p72cp4-y5 ab-t
and
hys72t128000hp-3s-a

pay shipping

4GB (4x1GB) PC5300 ddr2 ECC, registered ram (1 pair hynix, 1 pair Infineon)
part #'s hymp512p72cp4-y5 ab-t
and
hys72t128000hp-3s-a

pay shipping

so are both sticks 4gb each? if so can you pm me shipping to 23523? I'd love to get my hands on them.

Yes, it's 4 sticks of 1 gb each.
EndlessZeal was first to PM. I've replied and am waiting back. Next in line are me4get and cataulin.

Funny, these sat on the FS forum for a pretty low price for almost a year and no offers.

Does anybody have any stock AMD AM3 retention brackets? Like this:
m1AfGpoGrsAYOrB2OSzJO0Q.jpg

It could look a little different but it looks similar to that. Has to be AM3 or am3+.

IIRC the following sockets have interchangeable brackets... (the heatsinks for them are, for sure, as long as they're rated properly for the chip underneath 'em)

754, 939, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+

I believe skt940 is also in that list but I'm not super sure.

IIRC the following sockets have interchangeable brackets... (the heatsinks for them are, for sure, as long as they're rated properly for the chip underneath 'em)

the HS/F are interchangeable, those brackets are not. starting with AM2, amd used a 4 screw design, up until then it was a 2 screw design.

the HS/F are interchangeable, those brackets are not. starting with AM2, amd used a 4 screw design, up until then it was a 2 screw design.

sry but I disagree. I have am2/3 bracket with a 939 hsf and the push down lever will not go down and I have a hard time removing the hsf. I literally have to pry on side down to lock and pry off to remove

Does anyone happen to have at least 6x128 MB or 6x256 MB USB flash disks? I need these for a small bootable key project.

Hello I'm looking for a 24-pin extension cable with black plugs... because the one I just bought from eBay is really really short. Does anyone have one? I will pay $4 for it to ship.

SATA and VGA to DVI adapter (DVI on GPU, VGA on LCD). Priority shipping. Ship tomorrow. Can anybody do it?

need 4@1366 heatsinks for a new team 33 folding rig, anything, stock sinks, server sinks, whatever

AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, & FM2 all use the same bracket.

SATA and VGA to DVI adapter (DVI on GPU, VGA on LCD). Priority shipping. Ship tomorrow. Can anybody do it?

I can get 2 cables and an adapter out today priority mail....should be about $6.00....let me know by 2PM

Does anybody have a PCIe video card. Doesn't matter what GPU just need to be PCIe and have a DVI port. Need one as i accidentally bricked my GPU and don't have a backup one to recover the BIOs to fix it. Please could someone help :(

Does anybody have a PCIe video card. Doesn't matter what GPU just need to be PCIe and have a DVI port. Need one as i accidentally bricked my GPU and don't have a backup one to recover the BIOs to fix it. Please could someone help :(

you tried baking that card you bricked?

Sounds like a bios update brick not a thermal issue or capacitor kablooie... but that could be just me ;)

Also -- there are mobo bioses one can buy on eBay -- what about gfx card bioses?

Hi guys, asking for shipping for all these,

I would say around $12? Flat rate box.
*Intel Core 2 Duo SLA3F Malay processor
*DDR3 2GB Laptop ram
*IDE Extension cable
*Empty SGSII T-Mobile box w/ manual
*Kingwin Case fans(have 3)
*Tamiya Skyline model, broken… broken wheels...

I have several cases with 400W psu for cost of shipping. They are all come in retail box, and they are light weight.
The case is MSI S-2801BS and psu is Diablotek 400W. (I have 10 of them)
The case Diablotek Diamond with included 400W psu (I have 10 of them)
They all have original boxes. They were used to house and power i7 2600k, GT 6300/HD 5450, 16GB, 1TB hdd, 120GB ssd, 1 optical drive for a year without any hiccup.
Shipping via Fedex, and items are located in 66204/66131. If you are local, you can take them all as well, otherwise I will dump to trash soon.

I have 4 80 MM fans by Thermaltake that are orange and a VGA gender changer. Oh, and thanks Cross hairs but already ordered from the egg ;)

Last edited:
Last item from my FS thread going up here because it's not worth keeping the thread open.

Verizon (Novatel) USB760 3g USB modem. Does not use a SIM card, does not have a bad ESN or whatever to my knowledge (can check if needed). Does have a MicroSD card slot (with a blank placeholder "card" in it) for some weird reason. This modem does NOT do 4g and IIRC is carrier locked into perpetuity.

Hey guys, I've got a good condition Dell Trinitron 4:3 2048x1536 monitor and a poor condition Sony FW900 that anyone here can have for free. No shipping, you come to pick them up. (I don't have a car, and they're kind of a pain in the ass to carry around. xD) ZIP code: 17314

Hello Everyone,

Looking for 2x 2GB DDR2 (can be any of the following speeds: 533 / 667 / 800)

If you only have 1x 2GB DDR2, that's fine as someone else may have a single as well.

Send PM if you have something.

Thank you,

Anyone want to save me a trip to Radio Shack? I need new leads for my multimeter :(

Mine is a Radio Shack 22-109 analog POS. Conductivity tester gives different results depending on how the probe wires are bent.

EDIT: just fyi, planning to go to Radio Shack on Friday, if nobody's helped me [H]ere by then.

Hey guys, I've got a good condition Dell Trinitron 4:3 2048x1536 monitor and a poor condition Sony FW900 that anyone here can have for free. No shipping, you come to pick them up. (I don't have a car, and they're kind of a pain in the ass to carry around. xD) ZIP code: 17314

A legendary FW900!

Anyone want to save me a trip to Radio Shack? I need new leads for my multimeter :(

Mine is a Radio Shack 22-109 analog POS. Conductivity tester gives different results depending on how the probe wires are bent.

EDIT: just fyi, planning to go to Radio Shack on Friday, if nobody's helped me [H]ere by then.

Ebay free shipping, may take a while but probably less than the cost of gas to RS.

I'm looking for an AM2 CPU to flash an M2N-SLI Deluxe to accept an Athlon II 240, also a 2x1GB kit of DDR2 800. Also interested in 939 motherboards and DDR1 kits. PM me if you have any of these. :)

Last edited:
Back