The Elder Scrolls Online

Was scoping this one out, seems like it's been polished up a bit. Quick question though - does the Morrowind edition of this game include the DLCs from the Gold edition? I'm getting a bit mixed up going through the different iterations you could buy for this title.

Was scoping this one out, seems like it's been polished up a bit. Quick question though - does the Morrowind edition of this game include the DLCs from the Gold edition? I'm getting a bit mixed up going through the different iterations you could buy for this title.
Sub to the monthly thing. If you want to carft you kinda need it anyway

No, you can either buy the Gold Edition which includes the base game and all of the pre-Morrowind DLC expansions (there's 4 or 5). Or you can buy the Morrowind Edition which is just the base game + Morrowind. To get everything for a one-time fee, you'd have to buy both. DLCs can be individually purcahsed w/ crowns (premium currency).

If you're going to get the monthly ESO+ subscription then definitely buy Morrowind since you get access to all the Gold Edition DLCs for the duration.

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting this. the base game plus morrowind is $22 on cdkeys. is this all I need? I could get the base game for just 10. but to add morrowind is $30 so it makes sense to buy the combo for 22.

The morrowind standalone edition comes with the base game so you shouldn't need to buy both (I assume you're talking about the standalone, but just to be safe).
That won't include the base game's DLCs, the only way to get those is to buy a Gold Edition key separately, subscribe to the $15/mo ESO+ service, or buy them individually with crowns.

The morrowind standalone edition comes with the base game so you shouldn't need to buy both (I assume you're talking about the standalone, but just to be safe).
That won't include the base game's DLCs, the only way to get those is to buy a Gold Edition key separately, subscribe to the $15/mo ESO+ service, or buy them individually with crowns.
hm, if I buy the gold edition I would still have to buy morrowind. on steam the gold edition is $30 plus morrowind is $20 so I'd end up spending $50. how important are the 4 DLCs?

hm, if I buy the gold edition I would still have to buy morrowind. on steam gold edition is $30 plus morrowind is $20 so I'd end up spending $50. how important are the 4 DLCs?
Gold Edition adds:

Imperial City (PVP Zone)
Orsinium (Orc Zone, new area with quests etc)
Thieves Guild (New zone, Thief Guild quests etc)
Dark Brotherhood (New Zone, Brotherhood quests etc)

You can always just buy access to them later if you want them. If it's a choice between the Gold Edition or Morrowind Edition, you're better off with Morrowind. Buying it all upfront seems like a waste since you haven't even played any of the game yet.

I always recommend Morrowind + subscription. The crafting bag you get as a premium member is insanely helpful.

The DLCs the gold edition comes with are quite good, but as noted, a Plus subscription gets you all the DLCs while you have it, and it very worth having. Only thing that would really make getting the gold edition, and then getting Morrowind on top of that worth it is if you just want to "own" those DLCs. Only other thing you get is a horse, which is nice but you can buy one in game soon enough, or get one though plenty of other packs on the store.

Also you get 1500 crowns per month if you have an ESO Plus subscription so if you don't spend them on all the shiny cosmetics you can save them up and get the DLC to keep that way. However ESO Plus is so useful I really can't see playing without it.

If you do want to get the DLC and such one off in terms of being worth it I'd rank it roughly as such:

--Morrowind. Not DLC, you have to buy it even with a Plus subscription, but very worth it. Big new zone with lots to do, new PvP modes (battelgrounds), etc, etc.
--Clockwork City. Newest DLC and really well done, looks cool and is quite different from a lot of the rest of the game.
--Orsinium. Good story, some dungeons, a nice region, all and all quite a bit of fun.
--Dark Brotherhood. Gets you a new skill tree that lets you get all stabby on NPCs. It is a lot of fun to sneak up and stab someone :D. Plus the quest is pretty good and the zone is nice.
--Thieves Guild. Makes thieving much more worthwhile with a new skill tree to help out. Also has a decent quest and a nice city in its new zone.
--Imperial City. Adds a couple dungeons and some new PvP area, though it isn't that heavily played these days. Still cool
--Shadows of the Hist. Adds two new dungeons, both of which are kind of a pain so people don't like to run them a whole lot.
--Horns of the Reach. Adds two new dungeons, both of which are often regarded as the biggest PITA dungeons in the game.

The DLCs the gold edition comes with are quite good, but as noted, a Plus subscription gets you all the DLCs while you have it, and it very worth having. Only thing that would really make getting the gold edition, and then getting Morrowind on top of that worth it is if you just want to "own" those DLCs. Only other thing you get is a horse, which is nice but you can buy one in game soon enough, or get one though plenty of other packs on the store.

Also you get 1500 crowns per month if you have an ESO Plus subscription so if you don't spend them on all the shiny cosmetics you can save them up and get the DLC to keep that way. However ESO Plus is so useful I really can't see playing without it.

If you do want to get the DLC and such one off in terms of being worth it I'd rank it roughly as such:

--Morrowind. Not DLC, you have to buy it even with a Plus subscription, but very worth it. Big new zone with lots to do, new PvP modes (battelgrounds), etc, etc.
--Clockwork City. Newest DLC and really well done, looks cool and is quite different from a lot of the rest of the game.
--Orsinium. Good story, some dungeons, a nice region, all and all quite a bit of fun.
--Dark Brotherhood. Gets you a new skill tree that lets you get all stabby on NPCs. It is a lot of fun to sneak up and stab someone :D. Plus the quest is pretty good and the zone is nice.
--Thieves Guild. Makes thieving much more worthwhile with a new skill tree to help out. Also has a decent quest and a nice city in its new zone.
--Imperial City. Adds a couple dungeons and some new PvP area, though it isn't that heavily played these days. Still cool
--Shadows of the Hist. Adds two new dungeons, both of which are kind of a pain so people don't like to run them a whole lot.
--Horns of the Reach. Adds two new dungeons, both of which are often regarded as the biggest PITA dungeons in the game.
thanks for the info. I really dont want to pay a subscription, thats what attracted me to this game was that its optional.

thanks for the info. I really dont want to pay a subscription, thats what attracted me to this game was that its optional.
You don't need it. Some of the perks are nice but if you play casually like I did may not be worth it. I'd play until you decide if you like the game and plan on being with it for awhile.

I picked up the Morrowind edition thanks to TaintedSquirrel's feedback earlier - I am hoping eventually, all the DLC from the Gold Edition gets bundled and offered at a lower price in the future. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but when I started the game, it was outright in Morrowind, so I have absolutely no idea how to get to the mainland. I discovered the hard way that you can't "swim" the distance. :dead:

I've been playing this game a year and a half, still haven't started Morrowind because I didn't finish the base content yet. -_-

I picked up the Morrowind edition thanks to TaintedSquirrel's feedback earlier - I am hoping eventually, all the DLC from the Gold Edition gets bundled and offered at a lower price in the future. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but when I started the game, it was outright in Morrowind, so I have absolutely no idea how to get to the mainland. I discovered the hard way that you can't "swim" the distance. :dead:

You can go to the docks outside of Vivec city and take a boat to other places. Also you can go to a wayshrine, click on it, it'll call up your map, and teleport to any other wayshrine you know, and you should probably have a couple from the mainland prepopulated.

It looks like you can play for game for free this weekend if anyone wants to see what it's about.

You can go to the docks outside of Vivec city and take a boat to other places. Also you can go to a wayshrine, click on it, it'll call up your map, and teleport to any other wayshrine you know, and you should probably have a couple from the mainland prepopulated.

Last I recall, I think some of the docks of Vivec City only took me to other areas of Morrowind (not sure if these open up to other areas when you level up even more). I'll have to try the wayshrine suggestion- I've never touched foot on the mainland but if there are some prepopulated wayshrines I can click on, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend purchasing through Steam. Some people have reported issues with crown purchases through Steam. Get the cdkey for stand alone client.

Also if you don't trust or don't like using CDKeys you can purchase it directly from Zenimax themselves at elderscrollsonline.com. The prices are the same as the Steam prices. GMG and other stores also have keys, though they don't look to be on sale.

Something else to remember if you buy it: You can only buy the Gold Edition (or use the key) on a new account. Once you have bought another version of the game you can't later buy the Gold Edition, for that account at least. However that isn't the case with Morrowind. So take two situations:

--You buy Morrowind from CDKeys and make an ESO account, and apply the key. You now can go and play the main game and Morrowind. You then decide to buy the Gold Edition from CDKeys to get the DLC. No dice, it won't take your code for your account, you'd have to make a new one.

--You buy the Gold Edition from CDKeys and make an ESO account, and apply the key. You can now play the main game and the first 4 DLCs. You then buy Morrowind form CDKeys. No problem, it'll take that code and add Morrowind to the game.

You should be able to apply Gold keys to existing accounts and it will upgrade you. Unless Zenimax changed it recently.
I don't think you can mix Steam and non-Steam keys though.

I picked up the morrowind edition. I'm made a breton templar and planning to be a healer. alot of people think argonian is the best healer but that lizard is ugly af, lol.

I found this guide on leveling: https://dottzgaming.com/2017/10/11/eso-templar-leveling-build/#healer

in the healer section under abilities, am I suppose to buy those ability in order, so rushed ceremony>breath of light>cleaning ritual, and so on? around lvl 7 is when I would buy sun fire?

You don't need to buy the abilities in any particular order, though there is an order they unlock in (they unlock as you level up a particular skill tree). The important thing is to unlock some of the heal abilities, and have them on your bar. The way ESO works is if you have an ability on your bar when you get experience, that ability gains in level, as does the skill tree it is associated with. So, you want to unlock abilities from the skill trees you want to use early, so you can get those trees and skills leveled up.

Now this isn't super important, you can always put skills on later and level them. There is never any "oh sorry, you are screwed, no new skills for you!" time, and you can reset your skill points any time and reallocate them (costs 50 gold per point). However if you ignore the heal skills and just go all DPS, then you won't be able to heal as you level, which is a good thing to do. The dungeons are set up so that they unlock in rough order of difficulty. At the low levels you only get the easier ones. Not only that, high level players can and will be put in your group, so you have an easier start to it than if you just waited until you were high level and then suddenly jumped in to healing.

Also to note with that guide what they are showing you is tree, ability, morph in that order. So what's that mean? Well restoring light is the tree, in which you find the Templar specific healing abilities, rushed ceremony is an ability in that tree, the first ability in particular which is unlocked right away, and breath of life is one of two possible morphs for it. What happens is when you have an ability on your bar it'll level up until it maxes out its little XP bar at rank 4. Then you'll be told it can now be morphed. You can then spend 1 more skill point to change it in to one of two different, more powerful, abilities. That's one of the reasons you want to get them on your bar and start getting them XP is so that you can unlock the morphs.

Personally I would first unlock a couple good DPS skills because when you aren't in a dungeon, and you won't be all the time (and can't until like level 10) you'll need to be able to do DPS to complete quests. I'd get puncturing strikes from the adreic spear line straight away as it is a good general purpose DPS ability. After that I'd probably get rushed ceremony from restoring light as it is as extremely useful heal both for solo and group activity, then maybe sun fire from dawn's wrath as it is an ok DPS ability and you start leveling all three lines at that point.

Same deal with weapon abilities as with class abilities. Each kind of weapon setup has its own ability tree (you'll get it once you use the weapon in combat) with abilities to unlock and level. You'll want to work on leveling the destruction and restoration staves as a healer, at least initially.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
New Update yesterday.

New dungeons, sets, and best of all, custom costumes!

You can now make your character look however you want as long as you know the motifs (crafting knowledge). So no more ugly armor sets that you can't change!

You can also make your daggers look like swords vice versa! This game gets better with each update.

Gonna check it out tonight. This game sorely needed a cosmetics overhaul.

edit: Haven't played since the xmas event, launcher is telling me I have to re-download 40GB worth of files (basically the entire game). Yawn...

Last edited:
New expansion being announced today! Get ready for jewelry crafting!

There will be a live stream at 4 PM EST

About damn time they implement this, I fear meta builds will be even more insane though.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
So I have a question about the PS4 version, but since there is no console thread I'm going to ask it here.

I purchased both the physical CE of Morrowind and Summerset. Does anyone know if I'll be able to access both DLC if I need to have one disc or the other in the console to play the game? Did I screw myself by wanting to get the CE swag for both content packs, having to double dip on the digital upgrade version of Summerset?

Armenius I'm just taking a guess but they should have come with digital codes that unlock all the digital extras. I can tell you what happens on PC. I bought my ESO digital deluxe upgrade, entered the lone code into the website under my account and I received all the digital upgrades and DLC unlocks that I was supposed to get. :)

If anyone was wondering how the game runs on at 4K max settings with a Ryzen 1700 and Vega 64 with Enhanced Sync enabled; expect around 100 fps all the time in the open world at least. I don't pay attention to the frame rate in the open world dungeons.

Game looks beautiful and is truly stunning for a MMO. Not necessarily because the textures are so high resolution; but more because the game world is so well laid out and alive. The atmosphere created fits the character and combat to a tee.

Last edited:
So I have a question about the PS4 version, but since there is no console thread I'm going to ask it here.

I purchased both the physical CE of Morrowind and Summerset. Does anyone know if I'll be able to access both DLC if I need to have one disc or the other in the console to play the game? Did I screw myself by wanting to get the CE swag for both content packs, having to double dip on the digital upgrade version of Summerset?

Full game is available for download once codes are entered into the ps store. You don't need the disc at all.

Full game is available for download once codes are entered into the ps store. You don't need the disc at all.
I entered the codes, but it didn't give me the option to download anything. It just said "Promotion code entered." Nothing was added to my library.

I entered the codes, but it didn't give me the option to download anything. It just said "Promotion code entered." Nothing was added to my library.

Is ESO installed? Regardless of having the dlcs or not, the full game will download altogether.
The codes just unlock access to get in to those dlc areas and content once in game.

Is ESO installed? Regardless of having the dlcs or not, the full game will download altogether.
The codes just unlock access to get in to those dlc areas and content once in game.
Yeah, dumb me figured that out after I posted that... I needed to stick one of the discs in to initiate the download and my entitlements showed up with the game. Thanks.

Back