The Division - officially announced for PC!

Highly doubtful that another Beta would open up anything new. If you can't decide if you want to buy the game after this past weekend's Beta you won't. The Beta was just enough to give everyone a taste of the game. I fucking loved it so they have my pre-order.

Me, too. It's not perfect and I have some quibbles that I submitted in the beta feedback process for whatever good it may do... and I hope a lot of people did this... but 30 percent off from GMG turns this into a no brainer for me.

Highly doubtful that another Beta would open up anything new. If you can't decide if you want to buy the game after this past weekend's Beta you won't. The Beta was just enough to give everyone a taste of the game

disagree with that completely...the beta had such a small fraction of a slice that a lot of people won't get an accurate depiction of the game or mechanics...so much was left out...yes it gave a nice feel of the atmosphere, environment and especially the pvp but no way can someone who is primarily interested in playing the single player story get a feel for the game from the closed beta

...but 30 percent off from GMG turns this into a no brainer for me.

I'll bet my lunch that Nvidia bundles this game with their GPU's...it's a Ubisoft game and Nvidia has bundled nearly every Ubi game of the past few years- The Crew, Rainbow Six Seige, pretty much every recent Assassin's Creed game etc

I'll bet my lunch that Nvidia bundles this game with their GPU's...it's a Ubisoft game and Nvidia has bundled nearly every Ubi game of the past few years- The Crew, Rainbow Six Seige, pretty much every recent Assassin's Creed game etc

This is what I'm banking on as well. Already have a pre-order in place on Best Buy so I could use a gift card along with GCU to knock the price down to $30 after tax, but I'd gladly cancel that pre-order for a digital copy code from NVidia and apply my gift card towards something else.

My only gripe with the Dark Zone in general, is that you can backstab anyone in the game and once you die, all is forgotten again, no matter what douche bag move(s) you pulled.

My only gripe with the Dark Zone in general, is that you can backstab anyone in the game and once you die, all is forgotten again, no matter what douche bag move(s) you pulled.

No one says you have to forgive them.

If that's the case then it may be better off to wait for people to buy the cards then sell the game codes for cheap. :p

No one says you have to forgive them.

Lol I know and that's my point - you get crucified just like the prick who started it if you want revenge.

It's like getting picked on by a bully and smacking him, you both get in trouble. Lol

Lol I know and that's my point - you get crucified just like the prick who started it if you want revenge.

It's like getting picked on by a bully and smacking him, you both get in trouble. Lol

Be nice to see a Nemesis system put in effect similar to Shadow of Mordor. Or maybe a Kill Right system like Eve Online. If you kill a guy, he get's X amount of days or weeks to kill you on sight with no repercussions to the person getting revenge.

you can always just follow them and wait for them to shoot at something and walk infront of them and then after they hit you and go rogue you shotgun them to the face.

you can always just follow them and wait for them to shoot at something and walk infront of them and then after they hit you and go rogue you shotgun them to the face.

Or...they could design the game with better mechanics.

What you're suggesting sounds like a tedious waste of time.

Or...they could design the game with better mechanics.

What you're suggesting sounds like a tedious waste of time.

I agree.
With how this system is right now, there is practically very little backfire on those who pick a fight.
Granted, we could shoot and kill them and they would lose a small amount of xp and money(which both I thought were easy to gain back), but the encounters I'm talking about aren't the cliche ones.
I helped a guy out who was getting punked by three or four players, I stepped in and helped him. After we dropped them all, he drops me. Lmfao, the heck!?!?!(S.O.B took my stuff too)

Anywho, if I were to put 5 -10 minutes in finding him and waiting for him to mess up again, then it would indeed be a waste of time.
With this system , it clearly speaks" Shit Happens" all over it and followed by "What are you going to do about it?".

It's fun how it is right now and I'll for sure be extra careful, but the system could/should definitely punish mishaps a bit more, to make players think twice before doing anything stupid.

By the way. Heads up on being able to get The Division free if you buy one of Logitechs new keyboards.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/04/the-division-is-free-when-you-buy-a-logitech-gaming-keyboard

Last edited:
I agree.
With how this system is right now, there is practically very little backfire on those who pick a fight.
Granted, we could shoot and kill them and they would lose a small amount of xp and money(which both I thought were easy to gain back), but the encounters I'm talking about aren't the cliche ones.
I helped a guy out who was getting punked by three or four players, I stepped in and helped him. After we dropped them all, he drops me. Lmfao, the heck!?!?!(S.O.B took my stuff too)

Anywho, if I were to put 5 -10 minutes in finding him and waiting for him to mess up again, then it would indeed be a waste of time.
With this system , it clearly speaks" Shit Happens" all over it and followed by "What are you going to do about it?".

It's fun how it is right now and I'll for sure be extra careful, but the system could/should definitely punish mishaps a bit more, to make players think twice before doing anything stupid.

By the way. Heads up on being able to get The Division free if you buy one of Logitechs new keyboards.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/04/the-division-is-free-when-you-buy-a-logitech-gaming-keyboard

Wow look at that, Logitech finally in the business of making non-ricer keyboards.

I might buy a logitech g410, That phone dock thing looks cool as hell. and if it comes with the division im game.

But still, their $12 keyboard is just fine. $140 seems a tad steep.

Price to pay for mechanical although a tad on the expensive side. I bought my CM Storm Mechanical MX Green LED lit keyboard for $80 and love it.

Ubisoft breaks down the basic components of its skill system in a new video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVPstmSF04

Curious to see what the other available skills are like. I definitely like the ability for everyone to mix and match instead of it being class-based.

looks like the different skills can promote some great teamwork. one teammate setting up a mobile cover and another setting up an auto turret looks really useful, for both PvE and PvP.

Hope they do trailers for the "Perks" and "Talents" also. I'd like to see if any of the passives stack and what some of our other super abilities will be (besides healing / reviving whole squad).

What do we know so far with the crafting system in The Division?

They completely locked it out of the beta.

So, can(or should?) we expect to craft/create-
A. some of the best weapons/gear in the game?
Or
B. like a lot of MMOs do, you can create gear all the way up to a certain end game gear level/bracket/tier and the better stuff can only be looted by end game raids/trials etc?

To better assist my question, I'll example World of Warcraft.
Back in the Cataclysm expansion (haven't played since then) WoWs top gear level was like 305 or something like that - the highest gear level that a player could craft, was like 270 or 275. The remaining gear, yet superior gear, could only be found through end game raids or end game PVP stuff.

Last edited:
What do we know so far with the crafting system in The Division?

They completely locked it out of the beta.

So, can(or should?) we expect to craft/create-
A. some of the best weapons/gear in the game?
Or
B. like a lot of MMOs do, you can create gear all the way up to a certain end game gear level/bracket/tier and the better stuff can only be looted by end game raids/trials etc?

To better assist my question, I'll example World of Warcraft.
Back in the Cataclysm expansion (haven't played since then) WoWs top gear level was like 305 or something like that - the highest gear level that a player could craft, was like 270 or 275. The remaining gear, yet superior gear, could only be found through end game raids or end game PVP stuff.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to craft top-level gear, but we definitely don't know for sure yet. I'm curious to find out more regarding this aspect as well, but it's hard to see it playing a large part of the game.

If the final game plays out similarly to how the beta did regarding gear acquisition, we can expect the majority of big steps up to come from vendors as we make our way towards the end-game.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to craft top-level gear, but we definitely don't know for sure yet. I'm curious to find out more regarding this aspect as well, but it's hard to see it playing a large part of the game.

If the final game plays out similarly to how the beta did regarding gear acquisition, we can expect the majority of big steps up to come from vendors as we make our way towards the end-game.

Maybe they could use the same method as I mentioned, but maybe add a cool feature where we'll be able to make some kick ass mods for that end game gear. That would be fine with me.

Or just be able to craft up to the purple tier(regardless of gear/weapon type) and then the gold is for end game drops/dz only.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to craft top-level gear...

Agreed, we do not know yet. However, I did see a video from one of the youtubers invited to play an early version that suggested it was based off purchased and looted schematics. If this is the case, I can see finding legendary schematics... I imagine they will be base versions however, not "named" weapons with unique perks.

https://youtu.be/RTsWiFJZB6M

http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-divisio...-in-check-with-consoles-or-it-would-be-unfair

"We do have to kind of keep it in check with consoles because it would kind of be unfair just to push it so far away from them."

Ubisoft is so amazing

Idk if that's real. I mean, I am sure it is to some extent but some of the 4K screenshots I saw on Reddit of that game maxed-out on PC look absolutely incredible and 10x better than the console versions which also already look great. This is a moot point honestly when the game looks fantastic on every platform.

Idk if that's real. I mean, I am sure it is to some extent but some of the 4K screenshots I saw on Reddit of that game maxed-out on PC look absolutely incredible and 10x better than the console versions which also already look great. This is a moot point honestly when the game looks fantastic on every platform.

The game does look good. But the Snowdrop engine is capable of so much more. There's a detailed analysis of what has been pulled-back / removed, and it's quite substantial. Watch the Snowdrop promotion videos where they discuss the technology available to it (that was used to produce the E3 demo).

Not sure if the quote is real, but I can see it being true given Ubi's track record. Why make artwork for the PC when you can do it for the lowest denominator (console) and let a few cheap addons do the PC side (various effects / etc. available to the PC crowd). Way easier to hit a few check boxes and crunch those bugs. If the consoles weren't still holding graphics back, the games today would be incredible. There's very few companies that are willing to let their PC versions look so much better than the console versions.

Back