The Division 2

I hope it still has single player. Never played div 1 or 2 online and i dont want to start.
It's an online arpg like Diablo or Path of Exile - so the chances of that are zero. (It might look like a typical third person shooter, but it's actually an ARPG in the body of a third person shooter set in more modern times)

It's an online arpg like Diablo or Path of Exile - so the chances of that are zero. (It might look like a typical third person shooter, but it's actually an ARPG in the body of a third person shooter set in more modern times)

Ive played 1 and 2 but i hated the emphasis on the MP aspects of it. Never touched it. I want more emphasis on SP

Yeah you need at least one person in DZ to distract while you extract or vice versa 😂

Ive played 1 and 2 but i hated the emphasis on the MP aspects of it. Never touched it. I want more emphasis on SP

I've played 1 and 2 and there's plenty of SP stuff to do. I will say the game is more fun with a buddy or two but you don't have to MP any of it. And since I prefer PVE over PVP, I just stay out of the DZ.

The matchmaking for PvE is pretty seamless. You can completely ignore other players if you want, but it can make missions a lot easier by just dropping in with a quick pickup group.

The Div 1 is one of my favourite games, #2 fell flat for me i didnt like the setting as much.

If they continued the story from 1 i would be happy. A survival mode would be the icing on the cake

I soloed the DIv 1 all the way to WT5 and never once was "made" to ask for help online.
Even in the DZ, there were countless randos that would help watch your back as long as you helped them to extract.
It was pretty much a Destiny 2 type MP game imho.

Reinstalled both and they are still pretty. The Division looks even better than I remember. I forgot how annoying I found the bullet sponge in these games though. Burning through 900 rounds of assault rifle ammo to kill 6 guys with head shots in the beginning of The Division killed this game in beta for me and not sure I can force myself to actually try and complete it. I never understood the draw of bullet sponge. I get they don't want instant kill head shots, but they always went so far the other way. I would rather have more enemies that take less rounds than a handful of enemies I have to keep shooting. My instinct is always to put a few rounds in and then move on only to have to sit there and keep shooting the same enemy over and over until he finally dies. It really slows the game down where it feels like if that was what they wanted they could have gone about it in another way like not giving everyone machine guns.

I mean it was kinda spongy at times but it's an RPG first and foremost, mechanically.

At some point you just run into gear checks and everything will feel absurdly tanky until you gear up more. There's not much else to it, you're there to ride the loot treadmill and make numbers get bigger.

I think it's _really_ difficult for them to find a perfect balance of it though, since the setting kinda hobbles them a little bit versus like Destiny.

Despite the technology near indistinguishable from magic levels of occasional bullshit (like the drone that literally shoots bullets out of the air), you can't teleport or have crazy mobility skills. You only have so many ways to give the player an out given that it's a cover shooter. Once you get swarmed, you're pretty much dead whereas you still have options in Destiny.

I get it. I just wish they had handled it differently or made a better reason for the mobs to be bullet sponges. Leaving them as humans with no armor kind of breaks it for me especially when shooting them in the face multiple times. I would rather have to level up weapons like in other RPGs where the guns aren't as accurate so shots miss but hit shots do more damage. I don't expect them to be an expert marksman in every weapon just like no one seems to expect it in RPGs with traditional weapons. Yet once guns come into play oh every shot must hit so reduce the damage with magic sweat suits.

I would have had less of an issue if instead of humans it turned out we were dealing with fantasy mobs like Orcs and that invading through portals.

I think that is my other problem. Loot treadmills do nothing for me. I tend to use whatever the game tells me does more damage and don't think twice about it. I don't get sucked into the grind for specific pieces and usually abandon games before that. I play it if I am enjoying the mechanics until I am not. I beat The Division 2, but almost quit multiple times. Somewhere along the line I got The Division free, but never bothered playing it.

Pretty big update dropped yesterday, hopefully the "stability improvements" will mean that it doesn't crash every 5 min.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2221490/view/7745698166033089358?l=english

TU20.1 PATCH NOTES 

NEW VENDOR - DANNY WEAVER
  • Added the new textile vendor, Danny Weaver, who sells a limited stock of caches which refreshes weekly and can only be purchased with textiles.
  • To locate him, you need to find the Snitch, who will now reveal both Cassie Mendoza and Danny's locations on the map.

MANHUNT
  • Fixed the issue with Faye Lau Climax mission remaining stuck on “Secure the area” objective after neutralizing all hostiles.
  • Fixed the issue that occurred when Faye Lau was killed too quickly resulting in a few waves of enemy NPCs spawning by helicopter after the Mission Complete prompt was displayed on the screen.
  • Fixed the issue with the Year 5 Season 2 Climax mission “Secure the Dam”. The issue was related to the objective persisting throughout the mission if the enemy NPCs on the dam were killed before completing the "Reach the Dam" objective.

INVENTORY
  • Following the TU20 PTS Phase 2 feedback, some upgrades were made to the Tinkering Station:
    • Equipped items are now at the start of the grid.
  • Fixed the issue with the required materials list sometimes missing from Optimization Tab in the Tinkering Library.
  • Fixed an incorrect description for the Tinkering Library.
  • Fixed the issue where reconfiguring any Exotic item with full inventory resulted in the deletion of the Exotic item.
    • Details regarding the compensation will be provided at a later time.
  • Added tutorial screen for the Tinkering Station.

DESCENT
  • Fixed the issue with Vindicator Exotic Rifle stats not changing when re-rolling
  • Fixed the issue with the Exotic console choices featuring duplicates of already equipped Exotics.
  • Removed Hunter-Killer and Shield Splinterer blueprints from the Descent blueprint loot pool.
  • Fixed the issue where the Vindicator Exotic Rifle was available and could be purchased before reaching level 30 from the NSA Store.
  • Fixed the issue where no items were received from the Reconstructed Cache for Agents under level 40.
  • Added Tier I – IV and a Nemesis Arm Patches.
  • Fixed the issue with the missing description on the “Breathe Free” Exotic Talent when interacting with the console.

QOL
  • Fixed the issue with Skill Mods used in loadouts that were automatically deconstructed and not replaced by the newly acquired upgrade.

VANITY
  • Fixed various clipping issues with a few apparel items on female and male Agent models:
    • Lovebird pants
    • Leopard Love hoodie
    • Crescent Jacket
    • Crescent eyewear
    • Crescent hat
    • Cresent gloves
    • Menpo gloves

UI
  • Fixed the issue with Reconstructed caches in Descent not showing the newly obtained Named blueprint.
  • Fixed the issue with the season caches appearing as “Unmarked SHD Supplies” in the rewards section of the Leagues.
  • Added other minor UI fixes. 

GEAR, WEAPONS AND TALENTS
  • Fixed the issue that allowed using the Hackstep Protocol Talent in combination with Instant Armor kit instead of going on cooldown.
  • Fixed the issue where Survivalist and Firewall specializations received 50% flat armor after using Instant Armor kit instead of intended 25%.
  • Fixed the issue with Festive Delivery Named Backpack secondary explosion dealing more damage than the initial explosion.
  • Fixed the issue with the Perfect Overclock Talent cooldown reduction being 0.2 seconds instead of 0.6 seconds.
  • Fixed the issue with The Empress International backpack and the Battery Pack Named backpack having Armor core attribute instead of Skill tier.
  • Fixed the issue with Vindicator Exotic Rifle’s Talent Ortiz Assault Interface not marking all NPCs.
  • Fixed the issue with the incorrect description text for the following Talents:
    • Ortiz Assault Interface
    • Behind You
    • Perfectly Behind You

CONFLICT
  • Fixed the issue with players being able to change Skill after leaving the spawn point.
  • Fixed the issue with the Match Reward Section showing a placeholder text.
  • Added Combat Gear Lock so players will no longer be allowed to change individual Gear pieces or Loadouts after leaving the spawn area.
  • Fixed the issue with the Determined and Perfect Determent Talents buff remaining active even after the Agent is killed.
  • Updated bonuses for the Festive Delivery backpack.
    • A new attribute applies a damage modifier to the secondary explosions in Dark Zone

PVP
  • Fixed the issue with the Reinforcer Chem Launcher applying the hazard protection twice per charge in Dark Zone.

COMMENDATIONS
  • Added new Commendations for Conflict:
    • Countdown Cool – awarded for fixing the Cooling Tower’s cooling system in under 5 minutes from the start of the objective.
    • Countdown Shocker – awarded for neutralizing 24 shocked hostiles.
    • Countdown Big Spender – awarded for spending 1000 Countdown Requisition Tokens.
    • Countdown Counter – awarded for deactivating every type of countermeasure.
    • Countdown Supply – awarded for resupplying your teammates 20 times by sharing items from your inventory.

EXPLOITS
  • Fixed the issue where after resetting the Manhunt and completing the Briefing mission multiple times the player received 130000XP each time.

OTHER
  • Fixed the issue with the Turret Boss dealing damage through the door in the final beat in Tidal Basin on Legendary difficulty.
  • Fixed the issue with Weekly Legendary Project being available for a level 30 WONY character.
  • Added all collectibles to the Legacy Manhunt for Year 5 Season 2: Puppeteers
  • Added multiple localization fixes.
  • Fixed multiple issues affecting audio.
  • Updated the in-game text descriptions.
  • Stability improvements.

A large part of the crashing issues were related to their anti cheat software - EAC, iirc. A cpu reviewer last year isolated it during a launch review. It wasn't isolated to D2.

Glad to see they are still updating / supporting this one.

holy cow this game uses this much memory ram and video ram?
Tom Clancy's The Division® 22024-2-21-23-47-12.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division® 22024-2-21-23-47-34.jpg

glad i upgraded even for this older game

The game has always allocated all available VRAM. It doesn't "need" it, that's a common misconception.

The game has always allocated all available VRAM. It doesn't "need" it, that's a common misconception.
had not fired up this game in few years....kinda forgot about that...and not to many others do that. it is nice to see the hardware being put to use, either way.

had not fired up this game in few years....kinda forgot about that...and not to many others do that. it is nice to see the hardware being put to use, either way.
I pop back in every few months, get stuck into it for a week then something else distracts me. I think I want to start a new toon and dedicate a little more time to it, I've always loved the gameplay.

I pop back in every few months, get stuck into it for a week then something else distracts me. I think I want to start a new toon and dedicate a little more time to it, I've always loved the gameplay.
has anyone made anything really to replace this one? this game does so many things right!

Last edited:
I have heard DX12 still crashes in that game for some people. I need to fire it up again, but no desire to slog through the campaign again.

They made a ton of changes in the last few years. I think they added alot of cool extras and made it fun. I recently picked up again with two of my buddies from work. We have been playing since D1 and still enjoy the game.

I have heard DX12 still crashes in that game for some people. I need to fire it up again, but no desire to slog through the campaign again.
only played around with it for hr or so so far......zero crashes and super smooth performance at everything set to max on 1440p on my 1080p display.

has anyone made anything really to replace this one? this game does so many things right!
Its similar to a number of loot based games in the overall style where you make "builds". Destiny 2 comes to mind, and ARPG's like Diablo. Same feeling of new loot upgrading your build and making the numbers get bigger. Its a psychological thing.

They made a ton of changes in the last few years. I think they added alot of cool extras and made it fun. I recently picked up again with two of my buddies from work. We have been playing since D1 and still enjoy the game.

Did they ever figure out the loot capacity thing? If I remember the engine wouldn't let them fix some of the issues or increasing capacity, which people were requesting back when I played. I am a loot hoarder so bags and storage was always full.

Did they ever figure out the loot capacity thing? If I remember the engine wouldn't let them fix some of the issues or increasing capacity, which people were requesting back when I played. I am a loot hoarder so bags and storage was always full.
Nope, still locked at 150 in your backpack and 300 in stash. That what sucks, especially when loot farming in the summit or farming controls points.

I put in a good amount of time this weekend to re-figure out this game. So many systems to decipher but with the help of Youtube its starting to become a little more clear. Man, Countdown just showers you with loot doesn't it? And you can target farm? I'd LOVE to have a system like this in other games. I wanted to get a "noobs first striker set" going so I popped it on Striker loot, queued up for Heroic and in two runs I had everything I needed.

I have a PCI NVME Extender and a drive coming so I can load this back on - love me some Division 2, MSFS has sucked up the better portion of a terabyte.

Last edited:
I have a PCI NVME Extender and a drive coming so I can load this back on - love me some Division 2 MSFS has sucked up the better portion of a terabyte.
hmm what is that like? is that like starting over a completely new game..whats the deal with that

hmm what is that like? is that like starting over a completely new game..whats the deal with that
Fresh start - previously, I played it on my XboneX. Since I have this rig though, I'd like to try it again with a little bit better frames and graphics.

I put in a good amount of time this weekend to re-figure out this game. So many systems to decipher but with the help of Youtube its starting to become a little more clear. Man, Countdown just showers you with loot doesn't it? And you can target farm? I'd LOVE to have a system like this in other games. I wanted to get a "noobs first striker set" going so I popped it on Striker loot, queued up for Heroic and in two runs I had everything I needed.
Couple days later, Heroic Countdown is nuts, I love it. Little hectic the first few runs not having any idea where I was going but I just followed the "pack" and after a few runs I figured it out. The old 6 yellow core Skill build I had on wasn't cutting it so I used Countdown to target Striker gear and put together a basic bitch 6 red core Striker set w/ Coyote mask and a Ceska chest with Obliterate. I used the "currency" from Countdown to buy Exotic caches and got a St. Elmo's Engine in the 3rd pull. Farmed Countdown again for Shotguns and got an ACS-12 and threw Fast Hands on it.

Survivability is a bit hard at times but things die SO much faster now. That makes it more fun.

Fresh start - previously, I played it on my XboneX. Since I have this rig though, I'd like to try it again with a little bit better frames and graphics.

I think punctuation was missed which is why you were confused. I assume RagingSamster was talking about Microsoft Flight Simulator taking up 1TB and needing to reinstall TD2, not that there is something called TD2 MSFS, but then it has been so long I may be wrong.

I think punctuation was missed which is why you were confused. I assume RagingSamster was talking about Microsoft Flight Simulator taking up 1TB and needing to reinstall TD2, not that there is something called TD2 MSFS, but then it has been so long I may be wrong.
Sorry my bad, threw another TB at the beast and am enjoying the fresh start. I'll get Warlords eventually, but this is such an enjoyable time killler starting out fresh.

The "I just got back into the game and needed something that works" Striker build. Boring, but effective (as long as I stay alive).

Stupid HDR screenshots look like crap.

1709614616307.png

The "I just got back into the game and needed something that works" Striker build. Boring, but effective (as long as I stay alive).

Stupid HDR screenshots look like crap.

View attachment 639560
You need to use a program made for capturing HDR screenshots. The screenshot capture feature built into GeForce Experience/NVIDIA Control Panel beta can take HDR screenshots.

You need to use a program made for capturing HDR screenshots. The screenshot capture feature built into GeForce Experience/NVIDIA Control Panel beta can take HDR screenshots.
Yes but at least with the latest Nvidia App, you only get a .jxr file. (which looks great, but can't be shared anywhere)

GameBar screenshots at least give you the good JXR but then a tonemapped PNG, though it often is done really poorly.

Yes but at least with the latest Nvidia App, you only get a .jxr file. (which looks great, but can't be shared anywhere)

GameBar screenshots at least give you the good JXR but then a tonemapped PNG, though it often is done really poorly.
Well that is an odd change. GFE currently gives you both a JXR and PNG. Hopefully they bring that back with the final release version. For what it's worth, I snip the picture with the Windows snipping tool when posting pictures. I don't directly upload picture files when posting on the forum.

Well that is an odd change. GFE currently gives you both a JXR and PNG. Hopefully they bring that back with the final release version. For what it's worth, I snip the picture with the Windows snipping tool when posting pictures. I don't directly upload picture files when posting on the forum.
You know, I'm remembering back to last night and I think this is from snipping tool. TBH what I should have done is used the built in Photo Mode as it usually does the best job when playing in HDR but I recall not being able to activate it that inventory menu.

Back